supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

Post by wanneroo » 06 Aug 2020, 12:20 am

on_one_wheel wrote:Plenty of Australians don't seem to be taking it seriously, some think it's not even real.
Meanwhile, they're digging mass graves in New York to cope with the death toll.
It's been killing aprox 5000 people per day worldwide for the last 3 months.
file-20200421-82672-9j0lht.jpg

A great example of fake news.

That island has been used to bury people who can't afford other services or who have no family for decades now. So it's very convenient for the media to snap these photos to concoct the narrative they want. 20 million people live in the NYC metro area and hundreds of people die a day. 7000 Americans die every day, 3 million per year.

If you look at the data from NYC, over 99% of those who were listed as Covid deaths were already ill, the last data I saw before they hid the details was over 50% had 3 or more comorbidities. Likely time was short for those folks anyways and they were Covid positive but Covid might not have caused their death.

https://github.com/nychealth/coronaviru ... itions.csv

It is very real and yes it should be taken seriously but we also need perspective on it as well. Flu worldwide kills anywhere from 300k to 700k a year worldwide. Malaria kills half a million or more. 1.3 million a year are killed on the roads. Various infectious diseases kill 17 million people a year worldwide. I don't see the world flipping out over any of that, destroying their economies over it, imposing totalitarian control over people and stripping people of freedom.

I think one of the red pills people need to take is that every day you wake up you will face risk. One day you will get old or sick and you will die. Facing your own mortality is not the easiest thing to do, but it must be done. It is quite possible any of us could get Covid or the Flu and expire. I take reasonable precautions, I know what the virus likes so I stay away from large groups of people, stay in ventilated places, stay in sunlight if possible, I wash my hands. On the flip side though I have to live my life. Enjoy every day because your time is finite.

Somehow people need to get past this government and media concocted hysteria and panic. SARS 2 is just a part of the human condition along with all the other things out there trying to kill us, so we need to move on and get back to normal. Victoria has been in some form of lockdown since July 9, it is really stopping the virus?
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by wanneroo » 06 Aug 2020, 12:25 am

marksman wrote:l have to say l do not see any people not taking it seriously, l have heard from very good personal sources that there are companies who are not toeing the line eg... aged care and the building trade but still the workers are very aware that there bosses are doing the wrong thing and do complain
or is that just having a winge and they should just do as they are told :wtf: :unknown:

Dandemic and his clowns not taking responsibility or accountability for their actions, but telling Victorians they have to be responsible or risk stage 5
he and his staff got a pay rise but Victorians will lose everything, Dandemic gets $441,000 annually, what do we pay him for?
we are not obliged to silently tolerate repugnant things, IMHO speaking out is a good thing even if its considered a winge :lol:

then we have the tuesday herald sun front page "taking the mikakos" labeled a shameful disgrace

"The Health Minister avoided seven questions at Tuesday’s legislative Council question time by saying she would provide a written answer the following day.
Ms Mikakos would have been aware of the type of questions she would be required to answer in the Victorian Parliament and should have been prepared to answer for her government’s mismanagement of the bungled quarantine program"

called a "sickening parlement performance" and smugley would not answer a single question about the bungled quarantine or CCP virus response
this is our leadership and l am just whinging :violin: :lol:

I think one positive both in Australia and the US that will come out of this is that the vast majority of people ignore their state and local elections, but many are finding out you better be keyed on who is getting voted in to run your state or locality because as we have seen they can wield a lot of unchecked power and many of them have been revealed to be complete morons.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by mchughcb » 06 Aug 2020, 4:25 am

That I agree with. Some people may not give a hoot about politics but now that the politicians are affecting every aspect of their life in a critical way maybe they won't be so blaise at the ballot box.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by boingk » 06 Aug 2020, 10:27 am

wanneroo wrote:It is very real and yes it should be taken seriously but we also need perspective on it as well. Flu worldwide kills anywhere from 300k to 700k a year worldwide. Malaria kills half a million or more. 1.3 million a year are killed on the roads. Various infectious diseases kill 17 million people a year worldwide. I don't see the world flipping out over any of that, destroying their economies over it, imposing totalitarian control over people and stripping people of freedom.

I think one of the red pills people need to take is that every day you wake up you will face risk. One day you will get old or sick and you will die.

Spot on mate. Couldn't have said it better myself.

This is all total BS and I don't agree with it at all. Piss off the ridiculous restrictions and let everyone get on with their lives. This stuff isn't going away anytime soon.

- boingk
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by mchughcb » 06 Aug 2020, 4:46 pm

Here is guy well versed in military intelligence. Whilst we might have slightly different philosophical views on how things can be handled, he's spot on with his assessment of what has happened here. Not the reference to mass graves in NYC misinformation by the main stream media.
Attachments
China and Russia deploy active measures in effort to weaken us.pdf
(599.86 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 06 Aug 2020, 5:49 pm

boingk wrote:
wanneroo wrote:It is very real and yes it should be taken seriously but we also need perspective on it as well. Flu worldwide kills anywhere from 300k to 700k a year worldwide. Malaria kills half a million or more. 1.3 million a year are killed on the roads. Various infectious diseases kill 17 million people a year worldwide. I don't see the world flipping out over any of that, destroying their economies over it, imposing totalitarian control over people and stripping people of freedom.

I think one of the red pills people need to take is that every day you wake up you will face risk. One day you will get old or sick and you will die.

Spot on mate. Couldn't have said it better myself.

This is all total BS and I don't agree with it at all. Piss off the ridiculous restrictions and let everyone get on with their DEATH. This stuff isn't going away anytime soon.

- boingk

Just a minor correction. :thumbsup:
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 07 Aug 2020, 4:21 am

I’m not really seeing panic and hysteria here.
We are being asked to make sacrifices for the greater good. And for sure life sucks atm.

But this alternative, to do nothing and get on with life as per usual, just accept it as the new norm. That really does seem like an odd thing to promote here. A very strange agenda. CCp inspired perhaps ? Is that the red pill reference ?

We’re fortunate to be faced with this later comparatively to other countries. So we can see the various responses enacted and the results achieved.
I don’t know what or which models we’re following. But probably Singapore, same region.
By end of march they were around 1500 cases per day. Had that down to around 100 cases per day by June 1st. So it is doable.
They saved their economy.
Victorias getting up to around 700 cases a day. Sadly our death toll is at 170. If what we’re attempting works results will be apparent in around 3 weeks.

You could look to a model like the United States. That went with the head in the sand approach. Is that what you guys are suggesting ??
Within 3 months of it hitting the shore there it became the nations leading cause of death above all others. Their president insisted it was a hoax, fake news. Some orange dude. Some South American president did the same thing too, and his country went down the toilet.

It’s all relative i think to how a nation values human life. Is it purely a monetary value. Should we make personal sacrifices for others at cost of our own freedoms.
Last edited by womble on 07 Aug 2020, 4:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 07 Aug 2020, 4:32 am

It would also appear. Statistically there are different strains circulating worldwide.
US 5 million confirmed cases. 2.5 million recovered.
India 2 million confirmed cases. 1.3 million recovered. They have a Chinese border and probably a lot of 7-11’s there. So yeah sucks to be you India.
In Victoria we have all age groups. in ICU. From 6 month baby through to elderly. So I’m thinking we got a bad strain.
So much for the old people only myth
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 07 Aug 2020, 6:26 am

womble wrote:I’m not really seeing panic and hysteria here.
We are being asked to make sacrifices for the greater good. And for sure life sucks atm.

But this alternative, to do nothing and get on with life as per usual, just accept it as the new norm. That really does seem like an odd thing to promote here. A very strange agenda. CCp inspired perhaps ? Is that the red pill reference ?

We’re fortunate to be faced with this later comparatively to other countries. So we can see the various responses enacted and the results achieved.
I don’t know what or which models we’re following. But probably Singapore, same region.
By end of march they were around 1500 cases per day. Had that down to around 100 cases per day by June 1st. So it is doable.
They saved their economy.
Victorias getting up to around 700 cases a day. Sadly our death toll is at 170. If what we’re attempting works results will be apparent in around 3 weeks.

You could look to a model like the United States. That went with the head in the sand approach. Is that what you guys are suggesting ??
Within 3 months of it hitting the shore there it became the nations leading cause of death above all others. Their president insisted it was a hoax, fake news. Some orange dude. Some South American president did the same thing too, and his country went down the toilet.

It’s all relative i think to how a nation values human life. Is it purely a monetary value. Should we make personal sacrifices for others at cost of our own freedoms.

That's it. Lives or dollars. Yanks decided dollars are more important and it back fired.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 07 Aug 2020, 7:07 am

womble wrote:You could look to a model like the United States. That went with the head in the sand approach. Is that what you guys are suggesting ??

I guess you missed it but most of the USA "locked down" for six weeks back in the spring. Plus Trump never insisted it was a hoax, quite the contrary. We've been attacked by the Chinese, he knows it, they know it and the day of reckoning will come for that. China's belligerence since January just demonstrates what an awful evil country they are.

Also depending on the state here in the USA there are many, many restrictions currently.

In the end based on the data, I do not believe "locking down" does anything except tank your economy. We've beat this bush plenty of times before and I have posted plenty of data on it so I wont waste my time again. If people are convinced hiding in their closet for two years will stop reality, please by all means do so, but I'm not going to do it.

Whatever media narrative you are watching that says the USA totally has ignored it, that's just more Trump Derangement Syndrome going on. One of the things I have learned is that anytime the media pushes a narrative hard, the opposite is true.

What the USA has come around to, at least the populace, not the left wing politicians at the state and local level, is that pig headed shutting everything down doesn't fix your problem. There is no Great Depression that will cure your virus. I think a lot of Australians are clinging to this desperate hope that the Great Depression cure is going to work but it will not. As I posted previously we know what the virus likes and does not, so unless you address those particular environments where the virus likes to lurk, it's not going to stop.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 07 Aug 2020, 6:07 pm

From what Ive seen US "lockdowns" are pretty ordinary. Proper lockdowns work well. S Korea, Hong Kong, China,Singapore, NZ, TAiwan all had REAL lockdowns - now back in business while US hasn't even seen the peak of the first wave.

The once great reputation of USA is in tatters over their response to COVID. No leadership and total chaos. Watch Jonathon Swan's Axios interview with President for a chilling insight into how little Trump understands the issues.

Also thanks a bunch for enabling a wave of Bunnings Karens touting terms like sovereign citizen and other BS.
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by marksman » 07 Aug 2020, 6:12 pm

womble wrote:I’m not really seeing panic and hysteria here.

I don’t know what or which models we’re following.

the model Dandemic is following is straight from china ;) lock em up with no support and when they complain tell them its their fault :drinks:
money has been thrown away on really stupid things so far, its been ridiculous
its no wonder 80% of the cases are being transmitted from the workforce, its about time pandemic leave was paid as well as the $300 while being tested

a better model would have been the Taiwanese model,
they live across the pond from China, there population is comparable to ours, the have had 447 cases with 7 deaths, they knew a virus pandemic was coming from china and trained for it for years, they also were one of the first to alert the world that something was not right but were rubbished about it because so many countries are so connected with the chinese who you cannot offend
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by marksman » 07 Aug 2020, 7:37 pm

allthegearandnoidea wrote:From what Ive seen US "lockdowns" are pretty ordinary. Proper lockdowns work well. S Korea, Hong Kong, China,Singapore, NZ, TAiwan all had REAL lockdowns - now back in business while US hasn't even seen the peak of the first wave.

The once great reputation of USA is in tatters over their response to COVID. No leadership and total chaos. Watch Jonathon Swan's Axios interview with President for a chilling insight into how little Trump understands the issues.

Also thanks a bunch for enabling a wave of Bunnings Karens touting terms like sovereign citizen and other BS.

this isn't what relos in America have passed on to me, there lockdowns and the use of masks ect.. are pretty full on for ages now
her children still do not go to school, havent for months, her husband works 3/4 of the time from home, masks have been mandatory for ages for everyone, everyone is using hand sanitizer, the shopping and post is left in the garage for 3 days then wiped with sanitizer before being opened, doctor visits are on the phone, no visitors at home, when shopping no mask no entry and hand sanitizer on entry, she works at a deli where they do drive by now where the items are asked for at the door, a staff member gets the items and the items are bought out to your car, there is no entry
where they are having problems mainly in my daughter's area is the indian reservations and the mexican cheap labour workforce who cross the border everyday, l believe my daughter would not lie to me and has first hand knowledge for the state she lives in

l would also like to mention that l would not believe anything from the CCP propaganda that says anything about the chinese getting anything right :lol:

anyway isn't it funny how things are told differently depending on the source and what you believe :lol:
but hey "in war truth is the first casualty" you might have missed this vid that chuck put up, its brilliant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tr8-2W ... e=youtu.be

and l'm still not seeing anyone doing the wrong thing in my area, everyone seems to be following the rules :unknown:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 07 Aug 2020, 8:08 pm

womble wrote:It would also appear. Statistically there are different strains circulating worldwide.
US 5 million confirmed cases. 2.5 million recovered.
India 2 million confirmed cases. 1.3 million recovered. They have a Chinese border and probably a lot of 7-11’s there. So yeah sucks to be you India.
In Victoria we have all age groups. in ICU. From 6 month baby through to elderly. So I’m thinking we got a bad strain.
So much for the old people only myth

We can quote Karen from Brighton, or from Bunnings etc from the millions that haven't spread it. We can quote one person dying under 40 when the average death age is 82. However quoting these anecdotes from Dan or Lisa or Jenny or Brett at the press conference is doing nothing but deflect where the real problems are. And if they are indeed problems. I worked in a meatworks for a while, the people are relatively young and fit. Its the age care where it doesn't matter if its the flu or covid 19, catching is not conducive to surviving. The big clusters are at warehouses, construction sites, schools, meatworks and other places of employment with close contact. I get all that, but what they don't tell me is how many of those ended up in the ICU or died? All I keep here is a man/woman in his 70s, 80s, 90s or 100s died. If more than 80% of them are from aged care, they certainly ain't from the workplace community transmission hotspots the government has listed.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 08 Aug 2020, 12:47 am

marksman wrote:
this isn't what relos in America have passed on to me, there lockdowns and the use of masks ect.. are pretty full on for ages now
her children still do not go to school, havent for months, her husband works 3/4 of the time from home, masks have been mandatory for ages for everyone, everyone is using hand sanitizer, the shopping and post is left in the garage for 3 days then wiped with sanitizer before being opened, doctor visits are on the phone, no visitors at home, when shopping no mask no entry and hand sanitizer on entry, she works at a deli where they do drive by now where the items are asked for at the door, a staff member gets the items and the items are bought out to your car, there is no entry
where they are having problems mainly in my daughter's area is the indian reservations and the mexican cheap labour workforce who cross the border everyday, l believe my daughter would not lie to me and has first hand knowledge for the state she lives in

Yes sounds about right, there are some differences state to state. Allthegear seems unaware that we did in fact "lockdown" for six weeks in the spring. Everything closed except for supermarkets, pharmacies and a few businesses providing services such as emergency home or car repairs. I have a picture of my usually very busy main street taken at the end of March and typically every parking space is filled and there are people everywhere but the street is completely empty of cars and people. The one difference here in the USA is we have constitutional limits on government demanding ID on the street or restricting your movements, so there were some local governments attempting to limit people's movements but that didn't stick. So you could drive around all you wanted but with most things closed there was nowhere to go.

We have a governor doing lots of unconstitutional things, but that's another story. We have a mask mandate, which the more rural you go the less it's followed. We also have lots of fiddle fart rules about this or that and they are still deciding whether kids will go back to school in the fall or not. Some businesses here have adapted by closing their doors and having a take out window. The local health food store, a farmers market and such have a window you can walk up to and put an order in.

I live in a large county that has 40K people. We've had 30 cases in six months. There is strong opposition here to any further restrictions and no interest in "locking down" except for a few crazies that are very vocal about hiding in the closet for the next few years.

All the lockdown did in the USA was shoot the infection rate sky high in urban areas. Jamming all these people in these crammed apartment buildings in New York City nearly all day long, the sick were more easily able to infect the healthy. Once people got outside in May, the infection rate plummeted. Plus it tanked the economy for no good reason.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by wanneroo » 08 Aug 2020, 1:01 am

allthegearandnoidea wrote: now back in business while US hasn't even seen the peak of the first wave.

Really? Lets look at some data rather than what the "TV programming" tells us:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covi ... orbidities

We did see a second wave in the deep south where people huddle in air conditioning this time of year. Lots of cases but fatalities are down. The medical community knows how to treat it better and have various pharmaceutical options they can use compared to back in March.

As each week goes by we learn more and more, so where we will be six months from now is going to be different.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by wanneroo » 08 Aug 2020, 1:22 am

mchughcb wrote:We can quote Karen from Brighton, or from Bunnings etc from the millions that haven't spread it. We can quote one person dying under 40 when the average death age is 82. However quoting these anecdotes from Dan or Lisa or Jenny or Brett at the press conference is doing nothing but deflect where the real problems are. And if they are indeed problems. I worked in a meatworks for a while, the people are relatively young and fit. Its the age care where it doesn't matter if its the flu or covid 19, catching is not conducive to surviving. The big clusters are at warehouses, construction sites, schools, meatworks and other places of employment with close contact. I get all that, but what they don't tell me is how many of those ended up in the ICU or died? All I keep here is a man/woman in his 70s, 80s, 90s or 100s died. If more than 80% of them are from aged care, they certainly ain't from the workplace community transmission hotspots the government has listed.

Like the DHS biolab report I posted and other studies that have been done, we know where the virus thrives and where it does not, so governments really need to be laser focused on those areas instead of quarantining healthy people and killing the economy.

If one is elderly, has comorbities and is in full time aged care, the risk of mortality is already extremely high.

I think a lot of the ham fisted government response is not about the virus, it's about expanding their power and control over the people. It's like the cops and soldiers harassing people constantly in Melbourne. People are out walking or running and cops are chasing after them, let me see that ID, where are you going, what are you doing, you are five minutes late, I'm going to fine you $5000. None of that has squat to do with the virus. It's power and control. That's why every day in Victoria it's more and more restrictions and fines. These politicians and their oligarch backers want to see just how far they can push the limits until people say, that's enough and push back.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 08 Aug 2020, 2:11 pm

I think a lot of the ham fisted government response is not about the virus, it's about expanding their power and control over the people. It's like the cops and soldiers harassing people constantly in Melbourne. People are out walking or running and cops are chasing after them, let me see that ID, where are you going, what are you doing, you are five minutes late, I'm going to fine you $5000

That's simply not the case here in Australia.( Dare I say fake news?) Cops and soldiers are not harassing anyone. If anything it's the other way round. Please tell me in what way the lockdown in NZ was unsuccessful? Also S Korea, Vietnam, Singapore, Taiwan etc. seem to have fared pretty well. I think we need a little less ideology and a little more epidemiology.

And on fake news, Trump posts have been booted from FB and Twitter for stating children almost immune to covid. Passing 160,000 deaths so far in US I think I'll take my advice from Australia's leadership thanks. Power grab by oligarchs? Yeah right.
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by mchughcb » 08 Aug 2020, 3:07 pm

allthegearandnoidea wrote:
I think a lot of the ham fisted government response is not about the virus, it's about expanding their power and control over the people. It's like the cops and soldiers harassing people constantly in Melbourne. People are out walking or running and cops are chasing after them, let me see that ID, where are you going, what are you doing, you are five minutes late, I'm going to fine you $5000

That's simply not the case here in Australia.( Dare I say fake news?) Cops and soldiers are not harassing anyone. If anything it's the other way round. Please tell me in what way the lockdown in NZ was unsuccessful? Also S Korea, Vietnam, Singapore, Taiwan etc. seem to have fared pretty well. I think we need a little less ideology and a little more epidemiology.

And on fake news, Trump posts have been booted from FB and Twitter for stating children almost immune to covid. Passing 160,000 deaths so far in US I think I'll take my advice from Australia's leadership thanks. Power grab by oligarchs? Yeah right.

When we had almost zero community transmission cases, every other state was allowed what I would call socially isolated activities, including golfing, bushwalking, hunting, surfing, sitting in a park. Even driving lessons in a car.

These were banned under the health orders and enforced by police. Regardless of what you think of the police they have been given orders which were not given in other states which also had very low community transmission and it has been this way for months in Victoria, especially worse for 5 million in Melbourne.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 08 Aug 2020, 3:12 pm

Please tell me in what way the lockdown in NZ was unsuccessful?

Please tell me what the definition of success is in Australia?

The story changes every week the pollies open their mouths, flatten the curve, suppress, eliminate, suppress. Even today "hundreds of new cases is too high" but what is the plan? What goal are we trying to achieve? What is low enough to lift some restrictions, all restrictions? Every one of these goals has an economic cost.

Not one clear message from any politician. And the main thing people are asking in Victoria, 6 weeks on and we still have cases which we will. Then what?
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by marksman » 08 Aug 2020, 4:29 pm

in my area where we dont have any cases and are on stage 3 restrictions we have a very unusual strong police presence that have followed me and my two children while we do there paper round so they can get pocket money :unknown: its happened a couple of times and l consider it harassment
do you really think Victoria is following any of these countries lockdowns that you are talking about :unknown:

what a shame to hear Mr Trump has been booted from FB and Twitter :lol: he is such a bad heartless man to say such a thing :wtf: do you reckon our leadership agreed with Mr Trumps views because our children under 12 do not have to wear masks in stage 4 restrictions :roll:

when you say you take your advice from Australia's leadership is that like Dandemic's advice when asked questions, his answer is "l have no answer to that question at this time" then when asked the same question at a later date his answer is "l have already answered that question" :lol:

l think my point is made :welcome:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by womble » 08 Aug 2020, 4:45 pm

mchughcb wrote:

The story changes every week the pollies open their mouths, flatten the curve, suppress, eliminate, suppress. Even today "hundreds of new cases is too high" but what is the plan? What goal are we trying to achieve? What is low enough to lift some restrictions, all restrictions? Every one of these goals has an economic cost.

Not one clear message from any politician. And the main thing people are asking in Victoria, 6 weeks on and we still have cases which we will. Then what?

Obvious answer is obvious.
We go back to stage 3 = we get to go shooting :thumbsup:
But hey whatever man, you do your thing. Drink bleach, shine uv light up your bum, stay out of the shadows etc.
just do us a favour and leave the staff at Bunnings alone.
https://youtu.be/rzRzL8T03Ao
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 08 Aug 2020, 5:52 pm

womble wrote:
mchughcb wrote:

But hey whatever man, you do your thing. Drink bleach, shine uv light up your bum, stay out of the shadows etc.

That is the outcome, not the condition by when it is triggered :roll:
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Flyer » 08 Aug 2020, 6:01 pm

mchughcb wrote:This is a large cluster fark. Protect the elderly and immune compromised people and let the rest get back to work and life.

Tom Hanks - Survived
Mel Gibson - Survived
Peter Dutton - Survived
Boris Johnson - Survived
Prince Charles - Survived
Prince Albert - Survived
Jair Bolsonaro - Survived

FFS they aren't spring chickens either.

What do all these people have in common?

The best medical attention money can buy!

What else do many of them have in common?

They changed their tune (especially Boris) about the virus once they had it themselves.

One thing is right, though: the virus isn't going anywhere. We'll probably never erradicate it. All restrictions do is buy a bit of time for the healthcare system to manage and give those who do contract the virus a better chance of survival because doctors aren't run off their feet and ventilators aren't in short supply.

Sweden did nothing and has a pretty high death rate – well over 5%

Italy was completely swamped by Covid and has a very high death rate – well over 10%

How countries deal with the virus does appear to affect the overall death rate.
The laws of physics do not apply to politics.
Flyer
Corporal
Corporal

-

Post by mchughcb » 08 Aug 2020, 6:22 pm

womble wrote:
mchughcb wrote:

Really that obvious eh? Well here's the graph lifted from the ABC. Lets have a look at the trend and its heading down pretty quick on the second wave. However yesterday Sutton said that we are expecting a peak of over 1000 next week, because that's what the modelling says. Looking at the graph it already looks like it was trending down. But who knows. I trust the medical experts because what would a pheasant plucker know.
Attachments
Victoria_Covid.JPG
Victoria_Covid.JPG (56.58 KiB) Viewed 3437 times
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by marksman » 09 Aug 2020, 11:54 am

Allthegaer if you really dont think our govts are pushing for more oppression, check this out...
For perspective, this place the coppers are prancing around armed is a family friendly fresh food market & the biggest of its kind here in SA...
https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-07- ... h/12421132

and to show everyone how our care workers are treated by the company's they work for in Victoria this is from an email sent to the care workers
its all just political BS
from an email sent to the employees :thumbsdown:

here is how to apply for the CCP virus payment
https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-07- ... t/12478650
Last edited by marksman on 09 Aug 2020, 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 09 Aug 2020, 12:09 pm

womble wrote:
mchughcb wrote:

The answer is so obvious that this week Sutton reported that we are yet to hit the second peak and the modelling says it will be over 1000 new cases per day.
Today it was reported that Sutton said we have passed the peak at 394 cases today.

Pretty obvious to me they have no idea. And if you have passed the peak then its pretty obvious lift the restrictions as it already on its way down as the curve was flattened :roll:
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by marksman » 09 Aug 2020, 12:12 pm

how insincere especially after refusing to answer questions about the state's hotel quarantine program
the Andrews Government has repeatedly said it would not be appropriate to answer questions while an inquiry is ongoing
extraordinarily after Ms Coate said there was no reason why someone could not comment publicly on matters the inquiry was looking at.
we may start to get some answers now but l wont hold my breath on answers being about the questions asked
https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-08- ... r/12538844
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 09 Aug 2020, 1:27 pm

Yes Marksman I wouldn't like to see increased arming of police with assault rifles at protests or patrolling - no need. Thanks for posting

Also with the employment conditions of care workers - from what I can see it's disgraceful and in the post covid wash up (if there is such a thing) we need to address the casualisation of the workplace and far tighter regulation of nurse ratios and conditions
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Bill » 09 Aug 2020, 1:34 pm

Marksman you do realize Scomo refused to allow any fed/ border farce officials appear before the Ruby Princess fiasco. Scomo refused to close the borders early on for fear of upsetting his powerful allies.

He was also the gallah who wanted to open all border up early and refused to give the federally run nursing homes the any sort of leadership.

It's easy to sit in the cnaberra bubble and throw cash at things when it's not your money but his leadership has been pathetic
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

PreviousNext

Return to Firearms related media and politics