supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

Post by marksman » 09 Aug 2020, 2:55 pm

Bill wrote:Marksman you do realize Scomo refused to allow any fed/ border farce officials appear before the Ruby Princess fiasco. Scomo refused to close the borders early on for fear of upsetting his powerful allies.

He was also the gallah who wanted to open all border up early and refused to give the federally run nursing homes the any sort of leadership.

It's easy to sit in the cnaberra bubble and throw cash at things when it's not your money but his leadership has been pathetic

Hey Bill you do realise l'm not trying to promote scomo or anyone :lol:
sry but l find it funny you deflect the Victorian Dandemic situation by bringing up another can of worms :unknown:

just because l am showing how Dandemic is not doing the job he and his party are paid for, have double standards, have made some horrendous mistakes, show very poor leadership and are misleading the people does not mean l am showing support to any political party

throwing cash at things does not work eg.. throwing cash into the aged care sector would not teach the carers to have empathy, you will still have a huge part of the aged care workers who are only there for the money, and the extra funding that is granted goes to things like gardens and buildings not the residents

nothing to do with scomo different can of worms Bill
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Bill » 09 Aug 2020, 4:45 pm

I think marksman you're having a good whinge about Dan because most of the right wing media is having a good whinge about him to distract the country from the crap job Scomo is doing.

After all the Nursing home Disaster is Scomo's problem

the Border Farce/Ruby princess fiasco is Scomo's problem

and returning Covid + international travellers was Scomo problem

the useless ph app was also Scomo's problem

the massive DEBT bomb our kids are gunna be left with is Scomo's problem

Clearly Dan and the Vic labor will have to face the result of the investigation but you'll get your say at the next election.
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by eddievic » 09 Aug 2020, 4:49 pm

Wi have mostly voted labour but i will not vote dan or the current Labor politicians every. The health department experts have basically admitted through genomic testing that all these cases can be linked to the hotel quarantine... i think the top officials and the politicians should all goto jail... for basically killing Victorians

Thanks
117, 22lr, 223, 243, 264, 308, 338, 416, 20g 12g

Soo many, but not enough
eddievic
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Bill » 09 Aug 2020, 5:11 pm

marksman why arent you having a go at Vic Police ?? after all they are selfish phuckers who stopped ADF being deployed in Victoria. You seem ignorant of the fact that Dan actually put in a request for ADF troops and the Feds approved 850 ADF personnel after they had their single biggest spike in 2 months.

Unfortunately it would appear the Victorian Police minister and the Police union was pissed off at their members potentially missing out on massive overtime and Dans decision was overturned, the Police then rejected doing the baby sitting. :thumbsdown:

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 09 Aug 2020, 6:06 pm

Interestingly in WA they used private security firms for the hotel quarantine system and worked perfectly.

USA population 328 ml covid deaths 162,000
AU population 25 ml covid deaths 278

I know what leadership I prefer.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Bill » 09 Aug 2020, 6:57 pm

no ones denying Dan and the Labor party faltered badly by using security guards but I would hate to think how bad things would be if we had had an easily influenced liberal leader in Vic or a delusional Scomo, the whole east coast would Covid scorched.

Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 09 Aug 2020, 8:35 pm

"what has the USA got to do with Victoria and Dandemics failures OB :wtf:"
Very simple comparison. Between the two countries.
Odd, I thought that was very obvious.

Fuk all to do with Vic and our honerable premier.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 09 Aug 2020, 9:05 pm

so would you rather be in china or the US leadership,
not that it has anything to do with our honourable premiers leadership because we all know he wants nothing to do with china :sarcasm: ;)
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 09 Aug 2020, 9:38 pm

Here.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 09 Aug 2020, 9:43 pm

agreed :lol:

this is such a comment that aged pretty well.
Dan: "Why would you want to go there?"

One month later;
Victoria is on a strict curfew while South Australia is reporting almost no cases each day. Yep, it's all in Victoria; the skiing, the beach, the curfew and Dan's plans to make Victoria into a Chinese SAR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gDKAVRVibA

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Bill » 09 Aug 2020, 10:07 pm

Reading doesnt seem to be a strong point of yours marksman. You seem to carry so much irrational hate for Dan and its seems to be eating you up and clouding your judgement. I get that the current lock down is tough for all those in Melb and rural victoria marksman but you seem to be losing sight that we aint even at half time with Covid 19 and you keep losing your s**t, just find some space and chill cause we need everyone committed to doing the right thing.

Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by wanneroo » 10 Aug 2020, 1:13 am

marksman wrote:Allthegaer if you really dont think our govts are pushing for more oppression, check this out...
For perspective, this place the coppers are prancing around armed is a family friendly fresh food market & the biggest of its kind here in SA...
https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-07- ... h/12421132

Sounds like the North Korean method of killing the virus.

I'm all for cops having the tools they need, but I can't see any reason for cops to foot patrol with ARs in Adelaide.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by TassieTiger » 10 Aug 2020, 8:21 am

Oldbloke wrote:Interestingly in WA they used private security firms for the hotel quarantine system and worked perfectly.

Unfortunately, not a fair comparison due to the actual living density / proximity of people.
How many AU cities have the populace of US cities and then live in projects etc...not many.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 10 Aug 2020, 10:29 am

A new study suggests that denser places, assumed by many to be more conducive to the spread of the coronavirus that causes COVID-19, are not linked to higher infection rates. The study, led by a researcher at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, also found that dense areas were associated with lower COVID-19 death rates.
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 10 Aug 2020, 10:35 am

That’s part of the issue - soo many studies with conflicting results...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by wanneroo » 10 Aug 2020, 10:51 am

TassieTiger wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:Interestingly in WA they used private security firms for the hotel quarantine system and worked perfectly.

Unfortunately, not a fair comparison due to the actual living density / proximity of people.
How many AU cities have the populace of US cities and then live in projects etc...not many.

Certainly. There are a lot of other variables. One issue with US stats on Covid deaths is that hospitals get federal disaster funds for people with Covid, so you might have died from diabetes or heart disease or cancer but if you had Covid you get listed as a Covid death.

I also don't buy that heavier population densities have lower infection rates. How's rural Victoria doing right now compared to Melbourne?
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by marksman » 10 Aug 2020, 2:39 pm

TassieTiger wrote:That’s part of the issue - soo many studies with conflicting results...

+1

l dont think there has been a study yet anywhere that does not have fudged numbers, how can results be anything but inconsistent

l have noticed a real change of tone for the Andrews and his government in the last few days, not nearly as smug as they were
bit late though l think :unknown:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qWz65-Cj94

marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 10 Aug 2020, 6:16 pm

wanneroo wrote:
TassieTiger wrote:

Certainly. There are a lot of other variables. One issue with US stats on Covid deaths is that hospitals get federal disaster funds for people with Covid, so you might have died from diabetes or heart disease or cancer but if you had Covid you get listed as a Covid death.

I also don't buy that heavier population densities have lower infection rates. How's rural Victoria doing right now compared to Melbourne?

This is interesting area.

Every year about 1000 people in Australia are diagnosed with asbestosis or mesothelioma however only a few dozen die statistically from those diseases. (This is off the top of my head) As we know each of these diseases is a death sentence. The reason I'm told is because at the end of the day the heart gives out and statistically it is noted as heart failure.

So yes there are statistics and damn statistics
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 10 Aug 2020, 8:04 pm

wanneroo wrote:
TassieTiger wrote:

Biggest Clusters of Covid 19 in Australia of residential (non aged care) - State Housing Commission apartments in Flemington and North Melbourne in Melbourne.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 10 Aug 2020, 11:51 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
Every year about 1000 people in Australia are diagnosed with asbestosis or mesothelioma however only a few dozen die statistically from those diseases. (This is off the top of my head) As we know each of these diseases is a death sentence. The reason I'm told is because at the end of the day the heart gives out and statistically it is noted as heart failure.

So yes there are statistics and damn statistics

Well in the end on a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone is zero.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by eddievic » 11 Aug 2020, 7:43 am

Well there you go the boffins in Russia have made words first vaccine for covid and will be registered in a few days. Trump's Idol, V. Putin just posted on his Facebook page. Basically means its good to go.

I also heard that there is a Chinese vaccine being tested in Dubai in stage 3. The uk and usa have vaccines in stage 3 as well.

Everyone can chill now.

Thanks
117, 22lr, 223, 243, 264, 308, 338, 416, 20g 12g

Soo many, but not enough
eddievic
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 11 Aug 2020, 9:42 am

And if its as effective as the flue vaccine, expect a 40 to 60% strike rate.

So what are you going to do for the other 60 to 40% contagious people?
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by trekin » 11 Aug 2020, 9:58 am

eddievic wrote:Well there you go the boffins in Russia have made words first vaccine for covid and will be registered in a few days. Trump's Idol, V. Putin just posted on his Facebook page. Basically means its good to go.

I also heard that there is a Chinese vaccine being tested in Dubai in stage 3. The uk and usa have vaccines in stage 3 as well.

Everyone can chill now.

Thanks

Aust also has two vacines ready for mass testing if the Vic Gov gives the go ahead for testing in their aged facilities. The Qld one is being mass produced already as they believe it is that effective.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by trekin » 11 Aug 2020, 10:05 am

mchughcb wrote:And if its as effective as the flue vaccine, expect a 40 to 60% strike rate.

So what are you going to do for the other 60 to 40% contagious people?

The same as they do for the flu, or any over infection treated with a vacine (no vacine is better than 60% effect). It's called head immunity, obtained when at least 70% of the population have immunity by a mix of both vacine and natural obtained immunity.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by wanneroo » 11 Aug 2020, 10:49 am

There are well over 100 vaccines in development. In the end it has to be effective and safe.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by trekin » 11 Aug 2020, 11:09 am

wanneroo wrote:There are well over 100 vaccines in development. In the end it has to be effective and safe.

150 world wide under consideration by the WHO, who have also said that will be no effective vacine available for years, if ever, but they also said this virus was not anything to worry about back in the beginning. WHO have said the Russian vacine is not, and will not be approved by them as the Russians did not and won't share their research and their clinical and human trails were not observed by WHO. I would say that if the Russians are about to start vacinating their population, then the vacine developed by them is both safe ad effective by their own standards.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by womble » 11 Aug 2020, 12:15 pm

Kinda.
Russians and Chinese are only vaccinating their armed forces. Not general population.
As far as we know.
It's too soon to know if any of the vaccines are safe.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 11 Aug 2020, 12:26 pm

Russians won't share with WHO because the CCP provides all the funding for WHO.
Trump pulled Americas funding of WHO because he's a f***ing d**khead and because Obama ensured Americas role in it.
So now CCP runs WHO
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 11 Aug 2020, 12:30 pm

eddievic wrote:Well there you go the boffins in Russia have made words first vaccine for covid and will be registered in a few days. Trump's Idol, V. Putin just posted on his Facebook page. Basically means its good to go.

Everyone can chill now.

Thanks

Sounds like misinformation to me. Face ache is full of it.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by trekin » 11 Aug 2020, 1:38 pm

Oldbloke wrote:

Everyone can chill now.

Thanks

Sounds like misinformation to me. Face ache is full of it.

Geesh mate, we all know you're all for isolating yourself during these trying times, but you won't catch covid if you expand your interwebs a bit further than this forum and face ache. Plenty of medical journals have been reporting this for about a week now.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

PreviousNext

Return to Firearms related media and politics