So where are we (Aust) on the China investigation ???

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

So where are we (Aust) on the China investigation ???

Post by Die Judicii » 07 Aug 2020, 8:53 pm

It all seems to have slipped off the news.
Whatever happened to the call for an inquiry from Australia and other major countries into the Covid origin area of China ????

Did we as a nation/s buckle at the knees ????

:unknown: :unknown: :unknown:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: So where are we (Aust) on the China investigation ???

Post by Blr243 » 07 Aug 2020, 9:05 pm

Maybe we are too busy saving ourselves at the moment to go after China. ...maybe a lot of us are thinking ...F China , But We just know how to go about it .....
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 07 Aug 2020, 9:16 pm

I thought China was up North somewhere?

I keep an eye on the overall numbers, the US by the end of August will have lost half as many people in eight months as they lost in all of World War Two.
But I don't really follow the restriction measures and stuff as I rarely go into town anyway.

I have seen various unsubstantiated stories about enormous drops in mobile phone use and such in the region, things that could certainly indicate many, many greater Chinese losses than have been reported. But whether any such data would ever be provable seems unlikely.

It certainly seems odd that there are 29 countries that have had more cases than China reports though.
And there are 106 countries ahead of China in currently active cases.

Just doesn't ring true to me, on the other hand though, I have also seen unsolicited statements from non-Chinese medical personal living in China reporting the immediate, and immense measures put in place by the regime, way back before the West found out about it.

Die Judicii wrote:It all seems to have slipped off the news.
Whatever happened to the call for an inquiry from Australia and other major countries into the Covid origin area of China ????

Did we as a nation/s buckle at the knees ????

:unknown: :unknown: :unknown:
Last edited by bladeracer on 08 Aug 2020, 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 08 Aug 2020, 12:09 am

I think many of the governments right now are using this as an opportunity to impose more tyranny and control over the people, so they have lost sight of China being on the march. They have basically taken over Hong Kong in violation of the agreement they had with the UK. They repeatedly threaten Taiwan, they mess with the Philippines and Japan, they take over territory in Tajikistan, they attack India and so on.

Regardless of the origin of the virus within China, which a lot of evidence points to it coming out of the lab through poor bio security, China hid it, covered it up, withheld data from the west, used the WHO to cover up for them and then with the virus spreading in Wuhan, President Xi personally authorized many millions leaving the country for Chinese New Year and hence it spread everywhere in the world. China this year has continued to be as belligerent as ever and the day will come when they will have to be confronted.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by womble » 08 Aug 2020, 3:59 am

Life lesson most people learn sooner or later. There’s only one way to deal with bullies.
Someone needs to punch China in the face.
It’s the only way.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by No1_49er » 08 Aug 2020, 6:20 am

China denies it, of course.
A number of "western nations" propose that there should be an inquiry into the C-19 virus and its origin/s.
Here's an interesting article from a New Zealand newspaper (video from Fox News). https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/a ... d=12353248
YMMV.
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by straightshooter » 08 Aug 2020, 8:03 am

Like any investigation of this nature it is designed to reinforce rather than reveal.
There is already a ubiquitous belief about the origin of kung-flu (see even I'm a believer) that has no need of disturbing (purported) facts upsetting the popular narrative and changing the direction the herd is being stampeded to. Yet those observations relating to the likely origin of the virus can be fairly readily discerned by anybody even half interested.
We as gun owners who are aware of repeatedly being 'blackened' by misrepresentations, misdirections, half truths, quarter truths and straight out fabrications should at the very least be aware that similar things happen in other areas of persuasion.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Bill » 08 Aug 2020, 9:26 am

I guess the question is what mechanism or Global body would China accept to investigate ??

Die Juduicci are you pro UN , WHO ? and what is the point of this investigation ?? Everyone knows the origins

Can we do an investigation into WMD while we are at it and drag Bush, Howard and that snotty Blair before a Court/Tribunal while we are at it :lol:
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by marksman » 08 Aug 2020, 4:48 pm

l dont think there is anything to investigate left, the chinese shut down and cleaned out that military lab near the market 7 weeks before admitting there was a problem and we all know the wuhan market evidence was destroyed
but hopefully there is a lesson learned about who the world will deal with in the future,
l cant see many people being very welcoming of the CCP lets hope Victoria will get out of its BRI
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by albat » 08 Aug 2020, 6:38 pm

The china investigation will never happen, it doesnt need to , the corona virus as been a godsend of sorts in waking up the world to the evil of the ccp, no country will ever trust china again, ultimately forcing regime change
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 08 Aug 2020, 9:06 pm

Bill wrote:I guess the question is what mechanism or Global body would China accept to investigate ??

Die Juduicci are you pro UN , WHO ? and what is the point of this investigation ?? Everyone knows the origins

Can we do an investigation into WMD while we are at it and drag Bush, Howard and that snotty Blair before a Court/Tribunal while we are at it :lol:

I am neither pro nor con on any of these organisations.
But very p!ssed at the general behavior of China though,,, and was just curios to see if any advances (if any) had been made towards an investigation.
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by marksman » 10 Aug 2020, 9:22 pm

l just watched this and thought you may be interested DJ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM6jeJgVmEs
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 10 Aug 2020, 11:24 pm

marksman wrote:l just watched this and thought you may be interested DJ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM6jeJgVmEs

Thanks Mate,,, trouble is,,,, I can't lip read, and the speakers in my screen have sh!t em'selves.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Return to Firearms related media and politics