Professor Sutton Says We Must Prepare 2nd Wave Like Spain

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Professor Sutton Says We Must Prepare 2nd Wave Like Spain

Post by mchughcb » 22 Aug 2020, 12:13 pm

Today when questioned Brett Sutton admitted nobody in Australia has been currently listed as catching Covid 19 -twice. But he had heard of something overseas. Then he said lift restrictions too early could result in massive spikes and lockdowns again like UK, Italy and Spain.

Spain? Spain? That's very interesting because my boss sent me this last night and what a train wreck of an interview this is. I wish this Doctor was on the Daniel Andrews daily update to repudiate the throw away BS overseas examples coming from him.

https://youtu.be/SwlkumcRf6w
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Re: Professor Sutton Says We Must Prepare 2nd Wave Like Spai

Post by marksman » 22 Aug 2020, 2:10 pm

that's a very interesting interview Chuck

well worth 7 minutes of your time, thanks for posting :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 22 Aug 2020, 5:46 pm

Well we really need to check is Professor Sutton is right or is Dr Benito right? Well they are both right, "new cases" are a few thousand a day which is what Sutton is pointing to. However Dr Benito is right that the PCR test being positive does not mean they are sick as the evidenced by the almost zero deaths from Covid. So Dr Benito is right that is the people need a vaccine against the fear from the Media and the Government.

200822_Spain_Cases.JPG
200822_Spain_Cases.JPG (41.12 KiB) Viewed 4616 times

200822_Spain_Deaths.JPG
200822_Spain_Deaths.JPG (41.47 KiB) Viewed 4616 times
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 22 Aug 2020, 5:58 pm

But what about the UK and Italy second wave that Sutton specifically mentioned?

Well I'm not seeing much of a wave, it looks like a plateau of new cases and almost zero deaths. How can this be? The UK, Italy and Spain were the "hotbeds of Corona Virus". WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THE SECOND WAVE IN THE COUNTRIES THAT SUTTON LISTED TO SCARE US? Looks like they are opening up and getting on with it. And looking at those graphs why wouldn't you.
Attachments
200822_UK_Deaths.JPG
200822_UK_Deaths.JPG (41.29 KiB) Viewed 4614 times
200822_UK_Cases.JPG
200822_UK_Cases.JPG (43.71 KiB) Viewed 4614 times
200822_Italy_Deaths.JPG
200822_Italy_Deaths.JPG (41.41 KiB) Viewed 4614 times
200822_Italy_Cases.JPG
200822_Italy_Cases.JPG (43.35 KiB) Viewed 4614 times
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 22 Aug 2020, 6:55 pm

Here we go again. Perhaps someone should take bets on when it gets locked!

Beer and chips.jpeg
Beer and chips.jpeg (33.72 KiB) Viewed 4610 times
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by eddievic » 22 Aug 2020, 7:09 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Here we go again. Perhaps someone should take bets on when it gets locked!

Beer and chips.jpeg

Agreed olBoy, the mods should just close these threads.. maybe the thread starters need a temp holiday from posting.
117, 22lr, 223, 243, 264, 308, 338, 416, 20g 12g

Soo many, but not enough
eddievic
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by No1_49er » 22 Aug 2020, 7:43 pm

eddievic wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:Here we go again. Perhaps someone should take bets on when it gets locked!

Beer and chips.jpeg

Agreed olBoy, the mods should just close these threads.. maybe the thread starters need a temp holiday from posting.

Unfortunately, that could be seen as being tantamount to locking out anybody who happens to have an alternate point of view, which just maybe, could be the truth.
Is the "news" that is propagated by the MSM really truthful? Is it not the essence of good science to always ask questions, and/or challenge the "accepted" normality?
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 22 Aug 2020, 7:49 pm

eddievic wrote:

Beer and chips.jpeg

It’s meant to be an open forum...I don’t understand - there are hundreds of threads, if you don’t want to participate in one (especially in a general media / political topic) then move to next one ? Unfortunately cov19 is still very much front and centre for a lot of ppl...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by marksman » 22 Aug 2020, 8:02 pm

dont want to offend you OB, do not want you messaging the Mods because this thread is not what you want on your forum
but didn't you go to another forum because we are bigots on this forum :unknown: :violin:

TBH l am interested in seeing it, it would not be a problem if you would just not interfere, leave it for the people who are interested

the advice given from the Mods is if you dont have anything to add to the thread "THEN DON'T"
maybe its time people complained about your attitude :wtf: yea good idea

have a bit of empathy for people under stage 4 ISO restrictions :thumbsdown:
Last edited by marksman on 22 Aug 2020, 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 22 Aug 2020, 8:09 pm

One things for sure in this crisis, there's simply not enough ventilators in hospitals to cope with demand if thiis gets out of hand.

It's very unfortunate that people don't take it seriously.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Bill » 22 Aug 2020, 8:16 pm

not sure that the PCR positive testing in Spain and hospitalization has any relevance to whats occurring in Australia. Whats your point you trying to make here ?

Do you understand what it takes to be admitted to an ICU bed in Australia ?

Quit Crying Wolf marksman, its rather boring from someone your age :thumbsdown:
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 22 Aug 2020, 8:40 pm

Bill wrote:not sure that the PCR positive testing in Spain and hospitalization has any relevance to whats occurring in Australia. Whats your point you trying to make here ?

Do you understand what it takes to be admitted to an ICU bed in Australia ?

Quit Crying Wolf marksman, its rather boring from someone your age :thumbsdown:

“DO YOU KNOW WHO YOUR TALKING TO BILL?” Still gets me lol. Why not just cry to the mods like you always do, and have the thread shut down if your worried...your a pussy. You’ve contributed SFA to any shooting threads and then jump in on a off topic to stir s**t.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by on_one_wheel » 22 Aug 2020, 8:48 pm

Bill wrote:Do you understand what it takes to be admitted to an ICU bed in Australia ?

Because your going to die if you don't is normal a good enough reason to be admitted to an ICU in Australia.

Imagine being told that a loved one won't be getting a ventilator because there's someone else with a better chance of recovery who's been chosen.
I have somebody very close to me who's in that boat i they were to contract covid... and she's only 18.
Last edited by on_one_wheel on 22 Aug 2020, 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by mchughcb » 22 Aug 2020, 8:57 pm

marksman wrote:have a bit of empathy for people under stage 4 ISO restrictions :thumbsdown:

3 weeks tomorrow night, after already 4 months of restrictions that nobody else in Australia had to put up with, no exit plan, trying to change legislation to extend it indefinitely, 20% of Australian's locked up 23 hours a day about to suffer PTSD. Some chewing up all their savings, others lost their businesses, others with no job to go to back to.

Nah, she'll be right, we're just a bunch of whinging pricks.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 22 Aug 2020, 9:18 pm

^ no mate, your not a whinging prick. Most of us are sympathetic to your plight and hoping s**t turns around ASAP. I can’t imagine it...
Some ppl are just too self absorbed and have their heads so far up their own asses they couldn’t give a ratS for anyone but themselves - unless they could turn a dollar from it, ain’t that right William....not the sort of ppl you’d want standing next to you, when chips are really down.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Oldbloke » 22 Aug 2020, 9:19 pm

marksman wrote:dont want to offend you OB, do not want you messaging the Mods because this thread is not what you want on your forum
but didn't you go to another forum because we are bigots on this forum :unknown: :violin:

Lol. Not offended MM. Just saying. These covid and Trump threads keep getting locked. Honestly, why bother? They seem to consistently get argumentative.

I haven't complained to admin. Perhaps you have?
And I'm just a normal member and have nothing to do with running it.

Like I said, let's see how long it lasts.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Bill » 22 Aug 2020, 10:29 pm

on one wheel are you saying your 18 year family member has been denied an ICU bed and they have Covid 19 ? SA doesnt have a shortage of ICU beds ATM mate.

Chuck the Liberals were the one who chose to lock the country down, Dan is just following on with that plan, not sure what you expect the rest of the country to do with Victoria outbreak.....

Self absorbed is yourself TT and marksman. I have had busy week trying to keep a small Aussie manufacturing company afloat after we suffered a 65% down turn insales due to Operating theatres cancelling all but Cat 1 elective surgery back in April and May. You're a schmuck :thumbsdown:

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 22 Aug 2020, 10:41 pm

Bill wrote:on one wheel are you saying your 18 year family member has been denied an ICU bed and they have Covid 19 ? SA doesnt have a shortage of ICU beds ATM mate.

Chuck the Liberals were the one who chose to lock the country down, Dan is just following on with that plan, not sure what you expect the rest of the country to do with Victoria outbreak.....

Self absorbed is yourself TT and marksman. I have had busy week trying to keep a small Aussie manufacturing company afloat after we suffered a 65% down turn insales due to Operating theatres cancelling all but Cat 1 elective surgery back in April and May. You're a schmuck :thumbsdown:

Oh name calling already hey :lol:
A sure sign that someone is losing the debate.

I didn't say that.
I'm saying that if it's allowed to get our of hand that's what's going to happen to lots of people.
It's why covid needs to be taken very seriously.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 22 Aug 2020, 10:52 pm

Bill wrote:on one wheel are you saying your 18 year family member has been denied an ICU bed and they have Covid 19 ? SA doesnt have a shortage of ICU beds ATM mate.

Sounds like you’ve been flat out busy...But apparently not too busy to jump on here and call ppl all manner of names and report a huge number of posts that upset you and your mate flyer - credibility ? is shot... And it’s Mr Schmuck thank you.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Oldbloke » 22 Aug 2020, 11:02 pm

Im repeating myself? Starting to derail already.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 22 Aug 2020, 11:30 pm

Oldbloke wrote:

I'll lock in 10:30 am Sunday 23rd :thumbsup:
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by marksman » 22 Aug 2020, 11:58 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
marksman wrote:dont want to offend you OB, do not want you messaging the Mods because this thread is not what you want on your forum

Lol. Not offended MM. Just saying. These covid and Trump threads keep getting locked. Honestly, why bother? They seem to consistently get argumentative.

I haven't complained to admin. Perhaps you have?
And I'm just a normal member and have nothing to do with running it.

Like I said, let's see how long it lasts.

question #1 IYO why?

question #2 do you have anything productive to add and if so when?
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by marksman » 23 Aug 2020, 12:03 am

and its our fault your not making money Bill :roll: l pity anyone who has to put up with your black moods mate, hey put your feet up :drinks:

marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Skinna » 23 Aug 2020, 12:06 am

Hey-ya'll.
Well i watched the first half of that clip-istopped at "the first thing we need to vaccinate against is fear" LOL.

Dead bloody right i rekon--but not just this COVID fear, we need a broad spectrum vaccine that also takes gun culture, climate change, infinate genders, infinate gender identities, oh, & lets not forget the bigggie--the one responsible for all these fears--Sinyoor El' Trump'oh--lol.

Having said that, im not against caution in regards to COVID, not one bit--i believe we all need to be respected, but this is really a shambles isnt it--i mean, one of my favourite things to do when i was a hell-raising teen, was choof down a few fat packed billy's cheech-n-chong style (nah actually my style was far better lol) then lock myself in a dark room & lay on a bean bag & listen to "War of the Worlds"--wow--what a trip that was, thinking of how the original radio play resulted in the carnage it did.
The War of the Worlds, Logans Run & the blunt razors in Mr Orwells future dystopia of 1984--hell they seemed more realistic than whats playing out today--could you imagine if someone back yonder wrote a screen play depicting the recent events of COVID up to & including today--any director & publishing company would laugh at you then call security.

on_one_wheel wrote:
Bill wrote:Do you understand what it takes to be admitted to an ICU bed in Australia ?

Because your going to die if you don't is normal a good enough reason to be admitted to an ICU in Australia

Imagine being told that a loved one won't be getting a ventilator because there's someone else with a better chance of recovery who's been chosen.
I have somebody very close to me who's in that boat i they were to contract covid... and she's only 18.

Yes ononewheel-this is exactly what would happen! I know a bloke who knows a bloke lol, no really, a guy down the streets' missus is a head nurse here in SA-if we end up like Vic the words is-young & fit with Public health first, fittest second, over 60 without public health & youre a dead man walking--there's the door see-ya-later. (thats obviously ad'libb'd but you get my drift)

I do feel for you guys in Vic in harsh lockdown, hell it must be hard going there. Having said that, dont want it here either. Not sure what the answer is either. :unknown:
I spoke to a supplier to the firearms industry there on Thursday & i didnt realise you cant even leave the house in the heavy lockdown areas.
Maybe your shooting will improve from all the articulate case prep you'll be doing. :)
Skinna
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by wanneroo » 23 Aug 2020, 12:12 am

on_one_wheel wrote:One things for sure in this crisis, there's simply not enough ventilators in hospitals to cope with demand if thiis gets out of hand.

It's very unfortunate that people don't take it seriously.

I asked someone in New Zealand what the standard of care was for Covid patients and NZ has no plans to put people on a vent as it wasn't all that successful elsewhere. The fatality rate once you went on a ventilator was pretty high.

It's clear from looking at graphs above and from the USA, that there is clearly some success treating it more effectively or the virus has weakened in some locales.

Covid is the big issue of the time and it's had an impact on everything, so I never understand why people are so scared of opinions or discussion or any exchange of information. The previous threads were quite informative. I'd say if it's something that you can't face or deal with do not participate in the thread, it's really that easy.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Skinna » 23 Aug 2020, 12:15 am

On the point of the thread from the disrupters' point
I have to say, im gobsmacked at some attitudes here. I dont see why people cant talk about what they want to talk about within their online social group & mates, without them being trolled.
I wanted to get involved in the last one but every time i looked there was one or 2 who constantly baited & trolled, attempting to project negative attitudes & false accusations onto others that just werent there?
And I mean really, comments like these so early in what is a seemingly reasonable discussion point between a group of like minded people is just so self-righteous & abhorrent--
eddievic wrote:

Beer and chips.jpeg

no offence--just stating it as it reads. I mean thats just the invitation for self involvement gone wrong isnt it.

Oh, and as if on que & to save me repeating myself lmao

Oldbloke wrote:

Im repeating myself? Starting to derail already.

As someone said, why read it? Isnt the back button easier than amplifying the symptoms of arthritis with the keyboard?
Im serious, i am curious as to why you get mileage out of it. Wouldn't you rather learn something? read a book? Watch a doco?
Skinna
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Skinna » 23 Aug 2020, 12:31 am

Very entertaining indeed.
Im curious to know, when exactly did state Labor Govt's start adhering to what Libs dictation. :lol:
(is this guy^^smoking old pet tranquilisers or what? Seriously, Premier Dan & crews bad ways are Fed Libs fault. Oh dear lord :lol: )

You are right. Its all about you. You are the hero here, saving a small company. Thou shall bow to thy & stuff the people going broke & whove lost their jobs, because you have a job & you worked hard. :lol:

Ah gee, now how am i to get to sleep empathising with you while these schmucks want to discuss others' goings on.
Hows it go
"Oh The Humanity"

G'nite.
Ill check back in a week to read more on unrelated trolling amusement by you lot. Or maybe i wont.
Skinna
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by womble » 23 Aug 2020, 3:54 am

on_one_wheel wrote:

Because your going to die if you don't is normal a good enough reason to be admitted to an ICU in Australia.

We need to close this thread now. Else we’re debating whether she lives or dies.
Likely this dudes not the only one in that boat.
Plenty of other topics we can deny are real, for everyone’s amusement.
I vote the Holocaust
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Bill » 23 Aug 2020, 9:20 am

Skinna wrote:Very entertaining indeed.
Im curious to know, when exactly did state Labor Govt's start adhering to what Libs dictation. :lol:
(is this guy^^smoking old pet tranquilisers or what? Seriously, Premier Dan & crews bad ways are Fed Libs fault. Oh dear lord :lol: )

You are right. Its all about you. You are the hero here, saving a small company. Thou shall bow to thy & stuff the people going broke & whove lost their jobs, because you have a job & you worked hard. :lol:

Ah gee, now how am i to get to sleep empathising with you while these schmucks want to discuss others' goings on.
Hows it go
"Oh The Humanity"

G'nite.
Ill check back in a week to read more on unrelated trolling amusement by you lot. Or maybe i wont.

welcome back stix :crazy: :crazy:

TT you keep on making the claim that I report your posting to Admin, youre delusional, never once felt inclined to do that :lol:

Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by trekin » 23 Aug 2020, 9:24 am

A bit long winded, but basically the same message from the poms.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_BHZCYAAsY
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics