Professor Sutton Says We Must Prepare 2nd Wave Like Spain

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Professor Sutton Says We Must Prepare 2nd Wave Like Spai

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Aug 2020, 5:24 pm

MM. I understand the system much better than you realise.

I also understand that the opposition will oppose everything ALP wants to pass. (For purely selfish reasons) Where would that leave us?

Answer, look at the Swiss and US fatality stats.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 26 Aug 2020, 5:42 pm

trekin wrote:
TassieTiger wrote:Geezus Trek - things ok ?

Sorrry mate, done a Bunnings run for reno suplies before the local wore off. At worst a skin cancer, NOT a sun/melanoma cancer, at best a SEBK wart, path will be couple of days. Mind, at one stage it did looked a bit dodgy, he was about half way through stiching me up when we started talking about the NZ shooter and he forget what he was doing for a minute or three until he slipped in the growing puddle of blood that was trickling down my arm and on to the floor. Might have got a bit tricky if he broke a hip or something. All good though, but the pain just started up ATM.

I’m not telling you nothing you don’t already know - we all need to keep a freakin eye out.
I read on a poster in the skin cancer clinic - once a melanoma gets bigger than (I think) 4.5mm - then there’s a good Chance it’s too late...pretty scary because as we get older our skin blotches up and easy to over look. Stay safe. Soz. Sidetracked.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Aug 2020, 5:58 pm

TT. 4 or 5mm for melanoma is getting serious. The BCC and SCC can be fairly large and still operable. A lot of other variables naturally. Don't self diagnose, see a doctor.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 26 Aug 2020, 6:17 pm

Oldbloke wrote:TT. 4 or 5mm for melanoma is getting serious. The BCC and SCC can be fairly large and still operable. A lot of other variables naturally. Don't self diagnose, see a doctor.

You would know more than I - I was told that at 5mm IF it’s a melanoma then if it’s also the same size “deep” then it’s likely spread... just what I was told and 5mm is not that big!
I had a BCC taken last year in the clinic from my cheek - it’s a strange feeling having your face sliced open under local...
Like anything - it’s made me much more aware. Hearing Trek’s dilemma bought it back. It’s a timely reminder as we approach spring and get out - especially those that have been under restrictions...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by mchughcb » 26 Aug 2020, 7:37 pm

Oldbloke wrote:MM. I understand the system much better than you realise.

I also understand that the opposition will oppose everything ALP wants to pass. (For purely selfish reasons) Where would that leave us?

Looks pretty darn good to me, one per day for some months now.

200826_Switzerland.JPG
200826_Switzerland.JPG (38.38 KiB) Viewed 4373 times
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by marksman » 26 Aug 2020, 8:43 pm

seriously OB get out of your bubble

you are prejudiced in your views to the point you will not look at the other sides perspective
how can you get to the truth by living in a tunnel :unknown:
this is from an earlier post from me
"here is an attempt by a couple who want to clear up some misconceptions about how Sweden has handled the CCP virus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh8l2LlvdHk
IMHO well worth a look for both sides of this debate"

and lets get back to why Dandemic should not have any more power

-Lied to 6.2 million victorians that there was no defence assistance,
-Lied that there were 1 in 4 people disobeying his draconian laws (42 in 297,000 in fact)
-Lied about trying to use military drones to police the area (from the same military who never spoke to him, mind you)
-Says he will continue the lockdowns UNLESS he sees more testing (despite the fact only those with symptoms can get tests)
-Says he will keep the lockdown UNLESS he is voted these powers
This is the man saying “trust me to steer the ship back on course, also, give me unlimited powers for another 12 months with no oversight and I’m on full pay whilst you all lose money”

yep after this l can see your point of view :allegedly: :sarcasm: :thumbsup:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Aug 2020, 9:40 pm

mchughcb wrote:

Looks pretty darn good to me, one per day for some months now.

200826_Switzerland.JPG

:lol: :lol: :lol: what a great statistician you are. Let's look at the numbers. Instead of a graph you do not understand. I will make it very, very, simple for you.

Switzerland population 8.57ml covid deaths 2720

Australia population 25.5 ml covid deaths 549.

Sooo for the simple minded here. If Australia had followed the Swiss covid policy Australia would have had about 5160 covid deaths to date. Instead of 549.

Sooo you guys would prefer it that an additional 4612 ozzies die so you can go shooting? Is that right? Or for a few extra bucks.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 26 Aug 2020, 10:00 pm

Let me make it simple for you. Switzerland is landlocked and borders the hotspots if Germany, France and Italy. So stopping it getting it in was impossible. However it looks to me they got on top of it very quickly and have been that way for a few months now with zero deaths per day.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Aug 2020, 10:07 pm

Looks to me like a lot of people died. But some people make excuses.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Aug 2020, 10:12 pm

Horse.jpeg
Horse.jpeg (18.64 KiB) Viewed 4354 times
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 26 Aug 2020, 10:30 pm

Imagine being locked up for the rest of your life and living for ever. Not really living is it.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Aug 2020, 10:55 pm

With patience we will reap the reward.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 26 Aug 2020, 11:39 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Looks to me like a lot of people died. But some people make excuses.

We can thank the Chinese for that. I just heard their belligerence continues, denying it came from China and Wuhan.

People are going to die, you will get old and die or sick and die.

It's clear from the data that we are not in the same situation that we were in six months ago and we have therapies to treat it. The average age of death from Covid in Australia is 85, higher than life expectancy.

I think some are desperately clinging to this virus because it's their chance to impose totalitarian control on others. To me people need to exercise their freedom and if your choice is to stay in your house for the next five years, well I respect that choice and I expect others to respect my choice of going to work and doing what I need to do.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by wanneroo » 26 Aug 2020, 11:45 pm

marksman wrote:seriously OB get out of your bubble

you are prejudiced in your views to the point you will not look at the other sides perspective
how can you get to the truth by living in a tunnel :unknown:
this is from an earlier post from me
"here is an attempt by a couple who want to clear up some misconceptions about how Sweden has handled the CCP virus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh8l2LlvdHk
IMHO well worth a look for both sides of this debate"

and lets get back to why Dandemic should not have any more power

-Lied to 6.2 million victorians that there was no defence assistance,
-Lied that there were 1 in 4 people disobeying his draconian laws (42 in 297,000 in fact)
-Lied about trying to use military drones to police the area (from the same military who never spoke to him, mind you)
-Says he will continue the lockdowns UNLESS he sees more testing (despite the fact only those with symptoms can get tests)
-Says he will keep the lockdown UNLESS he is voted these powers
This is the man saying “trust me to steer the ship back on course, also, give me unlimited powers for another 12 months with no oversight and I’m on full pay whilst you all lose money”

Nobody elected the Crazy Dan to be totalitarian dictator.

The virus is another of the hobgoblins the oligarchs are using to convince people to give up their freedom along with climate change, racism, sexism, the patriarchy, etc.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by mchughcb » 26 Aug 2020, 11:53 pm

Hmm if you are over 65 looks like there was a 4 week period was not too good. Under 65 it appears within normal range.

Screenshot_20200826-234900_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200826-234900_Chrome.jpg (344.92 KiB) Viewed 4344 times
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by trekin » 27 Aug 2020, 6:58 am

TassieTiger wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:TT. 4 or 5mm for melanoma is getting serious. The BCC and SCC can be fairly large and still operable. A lot of other variables naturally. Don't self diagnose, see a doctor.

You would know more than I - I was told that at 5mm IF it’s a melanoma then if it’s also the same size “deep” then it’s likely spread... just what I was told and 5mm is not that big!
I had a BCC taken last year in the clinic from my cheek - it’s a strange feeling having your face sliced open under local...
Like anything - it’s made me much more aware. Hearing Trek’s dilemma bought it back. It’s a timely reminder as we approach spring and get out - especially those that have been under restrictions...

Thanks for the well wishes Taz. And, yes guys, melanoma is not to be taken lightly, being a QLDer, a check over for melanoma is part and parcel of every visit to the docs these days, at least with my doc anyway. As I said above, at best it is a SEBK wart, the virus for which I have already, and like herpes will have for life. At worst, a BCC or SCC, neither of which are rarely life threatening if/when found and treated early. Sometimes a BCC can look like a wart very early on, until it gets to a certain size when they are easily distinguished apart, unfortunately I had scraped the top off working on the car not long after bringing it to the attention of my doc, so the decision was made to excise it to find out for sure what it is.
The reason for the large excision has more to do with what Taz said about older skin, a long lozenge excision will heal better, and not pull the already less pliable skin as much.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by wanneroo » 27 Aug 2020, 9:19 am

mchughcb wrote:Hmm if you are over 65 looks like there was a 4 week period was not too good. Under 65 it appears within normal range.

Screenshot_20200826-234900_Chrome.jpg

Yes. My dad is an epidemiologist and has been doing medical research for almost 3 decades and pointed this out to me the other day in that you need to look at the expected deaths percentage to really get a complete picture of what is going on.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by marksman » 27 Aug 2020, 2:06 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Looks to me like a lot of people died. But some people make excuses.

you may want to have a good look at this OB
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT9nfh8ZrFQ&t=1332s
since trekin put his Dr John Campbell video up l have been hooked, a wealth of common sence and good information :thumbsup:
Dr Campbell says some concerning data from parts of europe, france and spain for example where the cases are greatly increasing but the death rates are not. you will see that although Spain had a very draconian ISO lockdown he says "that seems to have been somewhat frittered now" because there case numbers have sky rocketed again but the death rate is "amazingly dropping" as shown in this linear graph's l will put below

its totally up to you if you want to have a look :unknown: its a free country :roll: just not in Melbourne :lol:
lucky you dont live in melbourne stage 4 restrictions hey OB :thumbsup:
in stage 3 ISO restrictions you wouldn't even know any difference in your life except having to wear a mask now would you :lol:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by marksman » 27 Aug 2020, 7:48 pm

l was positive that someone would have linked these graphs about spain's CCP virus cases and story above from the 24th Aug to the original post from Chuck about the spanish doctor on the 19th Aug :idea:

anyway it does show different sources that say the same thing ;) although a lot of other sources, the media, politicians ect... say different :lol:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 27 Aug 2020, 9:31 pm

My dogs are preparing for the second wave of retarded politicians that refuse to look at those graphs.

https://youtu.be/4YQvCjFN7ps
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by marksman » 27 Aug 2020, 9:34 pm

hey Chuck
your letters have done the job :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Andrews yields on emergency powers as doctors call for royal commission into 'slow car crash'
https://www.theage.com.au/national/vict ... 55pmc.html

who would have picked that one hey :huh:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 28 Aug 2020, 7:27 am

The fact that cross benches are not just rolling over means they are feeling the heat. And while none of them have lost any pay like I have i bet the frustration of having their lives severely impacted for so long is having its toll on them and more importantly their families.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by eddievic » 28 Aug 2020, 7:48 am

The letters would not have reached their destinations yet mate. But its the right decision... saying that Daniel can just start another emergency 5 minutes after the first one finishes

AUPOST have suspended the express post guarantee. And said add 3 days to delivery times including express post.

I was told this when i called them fuming, because work sent me an express post letter last Thursday and it got to me on Wednesday this week. i heard one of their managers on 3aw radio on Tuesday telling us how parcels were going to sydney to process and then sent back.
117, 22lr, 223, 243, 264, 308, 338, 416, 20g 12g

Soo many, but not enough
eddievic
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 30 Aug 2020, 5:50 pm

We'll they will vote for it on Tuesday which makes a mockery of Parliament not being able to sit, except when Dan needs it to sit. I hope Patten gets a flood of emails to make her change her mind. I live in hope, because that's all I've got until the next election.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 31 Aug 2020, 4:41 pm

Today Sutton said 41 old people died. But don't worry because of reporting timing, 33 of them died up to a few weeks ago but we reported them today. He was very quick to tell everyone that 8 people died yesterday. Then I start to think about when they announced 723 new cases followed immediately with stage 4 shutdown announcement. But he didn't say were those new cases also a reporting issue and occurred several days or even weeks before? Because amazingly the numbers started going down the next day when I would have thought they would have gone up, like exponential then peaked a few days later. Instead they just started going down, then a 700+ blip and they were on their way down.

Do I think he is manipulating the reporting of the data to match the timing of any announcement? Nah, that wouldn't be professional would it.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 31 Aug 2020, 4:46 pm

Anyways, the timing of Dan's exit plan is now Sunday because he needs to look at the numbers every day until then because things could change and they will continue to make plans.

Or

He needs to make sure the state of emergency legislation amendments are in place so he doesn't have to make a plan, just carrying on as he's been doing. In all honesty 9 weeks of severe lockdown and he's waiting until after the legislation has passed and one week before it was to expire to even commit to communicating a plan. What is is this Merda? My boss would have sacked me months ago if he asked for a strategic plan and I was still bumbling along the week before the board held their AGM.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 01 Sep 2020, 8:00 am

The plan or a roadmap or both?

When somebody keeps going on about it you know they are stalling.

https://youtu.be/685xQ14s92A
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics