this is how the Vic government is looking after care workers

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

this is how the Vic government is looking after care workers

Post by marksman » 25 Aug 2020, 12:28 pm

l know this young lady and her boyfriend very well
they are both in uni and working part time, her $300 so called bonus affected the boyfriends payment by the $300 for the fortnight as well as her own by $700
when she does placement, she does not get paid for it, l'm so out of touch apparently this is a normal thing now
she is front line paramedic doing 350-400ish hrs non paid work for the community
she was abused by centrelink staff when she rang to say she did not want it in future
way to go Dan :wtf:

this stinks so bad :thumbsdown:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Re: this is how the Vic government is looking after care wor

Post by TassieTiger » 25 Aug 2020, 12:38 pm

Geezus. How can it get so messed up...this is disgraceful. I hope it gets the attention it needs for resolution.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by on_one_wheel » 25 Aug 2020, 1:22 pm

This is what happens when computers make decisions based on a formula.

I'm also being screwed to the tune of $1500 / month thanks to a computer and it' simpleton programming.

I've seen XL spreadsheets with more complex formulas set up in an hour or two.

They must employ 8th graders to work out their formulas.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by trekin » 25 Aug 2020, 1:23 pm

To be fair, centerlink is Fed Govt.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Bugman » 25 Aug 2020, 1:58 pm

Bureaucracy at it's dismal best. You are dealing with bureaucrats that cannot think outside the square, yet appear to be paid a lot of money to do so.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by marksman » 25 Aug 2020, 2:10 pm

l should have also added that the reason she cannot work for the month at her part time job as a PC in aged care while doing unpaid placement as a paramedic is because of the CCP virus, she cannot do both jobs at the same time so has lost her ability to earn while working for the community for free that is part of her uni responsibilities, the response from centrelink was not pretty apparently, so much for being a bonus :roll:
it sucks big time
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 25 Aug 2020, 4:06 pm

Centrelink payment is federal government mate. Scott Morrison, not Dan Andrews.

But to loose all of the payment for $300 does not sound right. My understanding is:

First $200 earnings has no effect.
Additional earning you lose 50c in the $

I don't know all of the circumstances but thats how it normally works. I would go back and question it at the dole office. Or local MP. It doesn't add up.

Edit: Just a thought, the training placement might be counted as "volunteer" work and would then get the payment, perhaps. Would just need a letter from where she is working/placement.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Bill » 25 Aug 2020, 5:36 pm

trekin wrote:To be fair, centerlink is Fed Govt.

Yep and aged care is mostly run, funded and regulated by the Liberals.

Something like 25% of the federally run Victorian nursing homes now have Covid 1. The Statistics are bloody terrible and a real blight on Scomo

126 nursing homes affected by coronavirus in Australia

1,700 elderly suffering from the virus,

1,300 staff infected,

contributing to 700 hospital admissions and 328 deaths.
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 25 Aug 2020, 6:04 pm

To be fair, it isnt Scot M. It's Liberal party policy. (and ALP) They allow large companies to take money for very poor service. (And rip off employees) The problem is systemic. If a decent regulated Management system, structure was in place all of the nursing home companies would have been well prepared (even for a pandemic) years ago and the government would not have needed to to step in.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 25 Aug 2020, 7:34 pm

well now that we have had the labor/green party is good part let's get some truth out there, and hey the libs are as bad as the labor/greens IMO :lol:

Bill where do you get your information, in fact Victoria is the only Australian state with government ran facilities, the difference is that the government ran facilities are under the health care sector and the private facilities are under the accommodation sector,
most facilities are ran by privately owned companies eg... Japara, Ality, Bupa, Regis and Arcare, the only foot in the door the government has is once every 3 years in the form of an accreditation through the use of a weak and insufficient set of accreditation standards to assess their capacity to look after a frail weak aged group of human beings with an array of ever changing and worsening comorbidities

an example is that in a government ran facility there is a mandate for staff to resident ratios but in private facilities there is a recommendation only that nobody follows and FYI staffing is not part of accreditation in private facilities, it cannot be because it is not mandated

the government ran facilities in Victoria are governed by the same accreditation standards as the privately owned facilities, can you tell me why they can enforce staff to resident ratios for example in government ran facilities but they cannot enforce the staff to resident ratios in privately ran facilities?

OB you have a background in OHS you also understand that this is a systemic problem and the problem is that the privately ran facilities should be under the health care sector, not the accommodation sector, governed by the same heath care laws and legislations just like private and public hospitals, this has been setup like this for longer than any of us knows

these privately ran facilities are not breaking any laws and the blame for why any of the problems exist is because of all the politicians
but fark D!ckhead Dan
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Bill » 25 Aug 2020, 8:11 pm

marksman you probably missed but earlier this year and Pre Covid 19, but the Liberals have consistently shut down any accountability into aged care sector.

With the help of Pauline the Liberals blocked a law that would have forced nursing homes to reveal staffing number and food budgets, sounds like a simple thing considering the amount of money thrown at the sector.

Claiming they arent breaking any laws might be true but then pointing the finger at all politicians flies in the face of the facts.
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 25 Aug 2020, 8:15 pm

marksman wrote:well now that we have had the labor/green party is good part let's get some truth out there, and hey the libs are as bad as the labor/greens IMO :lol:

Bill where do you get your information, in fact Victoria is the only Australian state with government ran facilities, the difference is that the government ran facilities are under the health care sector and the private facilities are under the accommodation sector,
most facilities are ran by privately owned companies eg... Japara, Ality, Bupa, Regis and Arcare, the only foot in the door the government has is once every 3 years in the form of an accreditation through the use of a weak and insufficient set of accreditation standards to assess their capacity to look after a frail weak aged group of human beings with an array of ever changing and worsening comorbidities

1. an example is that in a government ran facility there is a mandate for staff to resident ratios but in private facilities there is a recommendation only that nobody follows and FYI staffing is not part of accreditation in private facilities, it cannot be because it is not mandated

the government ran facilities in Victoria are governed by the same accreditation standards as the privately owned facilities, can you tell me why they can enforce staff to resident ratios for example in government ran facilities but they cannot enforce the staff to resident ratios in privately ran facilities?

2. OB you have a background in OHS 3.you also understand that this is a systemic problem and the problem is that the privately ran facilities should be under the health care sector, not the accommodation sector, governed by the same heath care laws and legislations just like private and public hospitals, 4.this has been setup like this for longer than any of us knows

these privately ran facilities are not breaking any laws and the blame for why any of the problems exist is because of all the politicians
but fark D!ckhead Dan

1.Yes, staffing is a major issue. Training and poor or lack of equipment. Could probably list a few more. But have never worked in the industry. Only what I have observed when parents were in a nursing home. Because of my back ground I quickly became aware that there were serious, systemic issues. My parents refused to move even though I wanted them to.
2. Mmmm, perhaps. He, He. He.
3. So I was not aware of that. A funamenal problem, no doubt. It explains a lot. The nursing homes need to be more we strongly regulated IMHO.
4. From memory about 20 years ago. It was a big deal in the media.
5. Ill add. The certification/accreditation system has fundamental and serious flaws. I noticed this about 35 years ago when I was first helped write a quality system and was audited. And the fundamental flaws extend to ALL industries. Whether it be quality, environmental or OHS. It is a "soft" system. And designed to be like that.
6. Ill also add. Dan is grouse. :D . :thumbsup: On a more serious note. To be fair its a pretty tough gig at the moment and plenty of catch 22s. He cant win. Like all of them (politicians) done some good things, some debacles. Both parties have failed. IMO. They have knowingly allowed the situation to language/fester for many years. But business has too big a say. And that is the real issue.
Also, everyone is pointing the finger at the politicians, but totally ignoring the fact that the companies involved have consistently failed and often been non-compliant. Yet media and the general population focuses on the politicians.

7. way too long an answer for a mobile. Lol

8. Don't forget mental health. Even worse.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by eddievic » 25 Aug 2020, 8:35 pm

Why is she on youth allowance, she should be on jobseaker. Which at the moment has lot higher means testing.

I know for a fact that you can earn $400-450/week from a part time wage and still get jobseeker.

And tbh she is doing placement, its for practical training, so no wonder she doesn't get paid. She is going it because hopefully she doesn't want to be on the dole but be a productive member of the community in the long term by not only getting a book education but practical hands on training.

But still i am amazed that she is getting that much money while being a student, in my time i went to tafe, and got $5/hr as an apprentice when working, i didn't get any bloody free handouts.
117, 22lr, 223, 243, 264, 308, 338, 416, 20g 12g

Soo many, but not enough
eddievic
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 25 Aug 2020, 9:10 pm

eddievic wrote:
I know for a fact that you can earn $400-450/week from a part time wage and still get jobseeker.

100% correct. Probably more.
She got a bitch at the dole office. Go back. Ask questions. Ask to be re-assessed
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 25 Aug 2020, 9:24 pm

Bill wrote:marksman you probably missed but earlier this year and Pre Covid 19, but the Liberals have consistently shut down any accountability into aged care sector.

With the help of Pauline the Liberals blocked a law that would have forced nursing homes to reveal staffing number and food budgets, sounds like a simple thing considering the amount of money thrown at the sector.

Claiming they arent breaking any laws might be true but then pointing the finger at all politicians flies in the face of the facts.

the royal commission into aged care is investigating the systematic failure as found so far in its findings, the complete systematic failure in aged care as found by the royal commision is exactly that, a government set up system that is "not fit for purpose" a quote from interim report royal commission into aged care
and so the royal commission keeps getting extended

and just to be clear Bill a government set up system agreed to and governed by all sides of politics

at the moment labor is trying to put a smokescreen up to cover its inadequacies in handling the CCP virus outbreak in Victoria blaming scomo for the aged care sector in Victoria, so now scomo is turning it back on labor in the blame game while Dandemic wants to lock us up for another 12 months :unknown:

Eddie, she is a full time uni student under the age of 25 as to why she gets youth allowance and not jobseeker, she has a part time job in aged care
the problem is that the government gave her a $300 retention bonus for being a healthcare worker that took $1000 off her and her spouse's income over a fortnights payment but as a thankyou payment that is deemed as income, is taxed and comes through the employer
you still think its free handout's, l'm scratching my head Eddie
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by boingk » 25 Aug 2020, 9:28 pm

eddievic wrote:Im surprised that she is getting that much money while being a student, in my time i went to tafe, and got $5/hr as an apprentice when working, i didn't get any bloody free handouts.

Bingo mate.

I do understand the ridiculousness of this, though. Damn buerocrats.
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by eddievic » 25 Aug 2020, 9:50 pm

Marksman, mate as i said and as OB also said. She should get herself and her partner on jobseeker, not jobkeeper or youth allowance.

If she is known to you, please ask her to call them and get herself and her partner moved onto jobseeker not youth allowance(even if she needs to bend the truth a little). Unless there is more to the story not covered.

Jobkeeper is for workers, where their employers are having a hard time.
Jobseeker is for ppl (not) looking for work. Hahaha

Soo many, but not enough
eddievic
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 26 Aug 2020, 9:43 am

l have to say eddie your last post is looking so much more like ziad

l've already explained what l know about this situation, its an unfair give in one hand and take with the other hand payment

this is not a handout
she is not doing anything wrong,
usually she works more time than she does study wiping our elderly's @rseholes looking after them so you dont have too,
she does not usually get a big amount of youth allowance because of how much she works
because she cant work because of the CCP flu she is entitled to more youth allowance and rent assistance
your advice to bend the truth a little shows your character

but then your posts look like a ziad post :lol: what do l expect :drinks:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 26 Aug 2020, 10:30 am

Little doubt in my mind MM - Eddie / Sarge Hartman / Ziad...one in the same.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Aug 2020, 11:06 am

marksman wrote:l have to say eddie your last post is looking so much more like ziad

l've already explained what l know about this situation, its an unfair give in one hand and take with the other hand payment

this is not a handout
usually she works more time than she does study wiping our elderly's @rseholes looking after them so you dont have too,
she does not usually get a big amount of youth allowance because of how much she works
because she cant work because of the CCP flu she is entitled to more youth allowance and rent assistance

Thanks for helping mate! :sarcasm:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by eddievic » 26 Aug 2020, 2:08 pm

i am unsure, who or what you are referring to, or confused about mate. i am trying to help, but i suppose its not welcome.

It might be you want to play the victim card, instead of taking a helping hand. Unles you actually dont know her and didn't just make it up.

Soo many, but not enough
eddievic
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 26 Aug 2020, 2:31 pm

eddievic wrote:i am unsure, who or what you are referring to, or confused about mate. i am trying to help, but i suppose its not welcome.

It might be you want to play the victim card, instead of taking a helping hand. Unles you actually dont know her and didn't just make it up.

c'mon you can do much better than that ;) ;) eddie :lol:

bending the truth is just lying not taking a helping hand :lol: your showing your true character :roll: like OB's little funny about care workers :thumbsdown:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 26 Aug 2020, 2:59 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
marksman wrote:l have to say eddie your last post is looking so much more like ziad

this is not a handout

Thanks for helping mate! :sarcasm:

Needed ? Argumentative??
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Farmerpete » 26 Aug 2020, 7:58 pm

The unfortunate fact is that the boost in wages was added to help with retention of full-time staff unfortunately for your friend with the rush all state governments both labour and liberal are in to shove stupid laws through before covid ends none of the side effects are being properly considered, my advice would be to tell your friend to quit she can probably get more by not working rather than working at the moment. We face the same challenge trying to find farm labour at the minute, fruit pickers can earn 5 to 700 a week on the dole or get 900 plus tax and super for picking fruit for 36 hours why would they work?
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Aug 2020, 9:04 pm

TT. Some one asks for help, suggestions. Eddie offered some advice in good faith, perhaps good, perhaps not so good. The thanks he got was to be bagged. Not good form in my view.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 26 Aug 2020, 10:22 pm

Oldbloke wrote:TT. Some one asks for help, suggestions. Eddie offered some advice in good faith, perhaps good, perhaps not so good. The thanks he got was to be bagged. Not good form in my view.

Your view - fair enough. I saw / see it, That he was purposely being antagonist to illicit a response...just as he got. Nothing wrong with opposing opinions.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by eddievic » 27 Aug 2020, 7:54 am

Seriously Tassie, i was being helpful,maybe you do not understand the difference between being helpfull or argumentative. i think your mission in life is to be argumentative with every second person. Every topic you goto its the same. You argue, argue and more argue. You will disagree with me on this, but that's just what you do.... you sure you are not a middle aged woman? Maybe your name is Janet.

Agreed farmer pete. The girl should be on a different program.

I am not saying lie on a form, that's probably a criminal offence. Maybe ill give an example to explain what i mean. I had to use a taxi the other day, got talking to the driver. He is a sole trader, his income dropped off by more than 50%. Rang up to get on jobkeeper, apparently taxi drivers were not eligible. So the guy on the phone told him to apply for jobseeker, which he got.

The department staff told him to bend the truth get the assistance that he deserves, as his income was severly effected by cronavirus.

Soo many, but not enough
eddievic
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 27 Aug 2020, 11:35 am

Double up. Oops.
Last edited by TassieTiger on 27 Aug 2020, 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by TassieTiger » 27 Aug 2020, 11:35 am

Are you a child Eddie ? Put your big boy pants on when you enter the adults forum.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by marksman » 27 Aug 2020, 2:20 pm

Oldbloke wrote:TT. Some one asks for help, suggestions. Eddie offered some advice in good faith, perhaps good, perhaps not so good. The thanks he got was to be bagged. Not good form in my view.

bending the truth, getting handouts and making it up that l know the girl is giving a helping hand in good faith :lol:
sounds more to me a slur on someone's character :wtf:

yea sure, maybe in your world :roll: not good form in my view :wtf:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics