NSC Ruger PC Charger SA Update.

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

NSC Ruger PC Charger SA Update.

Post by NSC » 26 Aug 2020, 8:09 pm

RUGER PC CHARGER UPDATE:
As many of you know, the NSC is taking legal actions to help WA shooters keep their guns. The two actions we have filed both relate to the Ruger PC Charger handgun which WA Police has reclassified to category D.

We are aware of concerns of similar moves in South Australia and NSW. Our enquiries with registries in both states have not yet revealed the making of any formal decisions, however we will continue to monitoring the situation closely, especially in light of the actions which are taking in WA.
We are waiting for further information to come to hand and will let you know what is happening when we can, and what if any further legal actions may be necessary.

NSC
NSC
Private
Private

Victoria

Re: NSC Ruger PC Charger SA Update.

Post by Larry » 26 Aug 2020, 8:53 pm

Great to see. I notice that the Shooters union has taken the opposite stance and is not providing letters to support the PTA for these guns citing that they dont know of many ranges offering competitions for them to be used in. That is a terrible stance to take for an organization that promotes itself as being for shooters rights. They believe there is no real need to have them so bad luck.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by rc42 » 26 Aug 2020, 9:45 pm

That's not correct.

Shooters Union will provide a PTA support letter but the shooter must provide a letter or evidence from a range which states that they host a competition where that handgun can be used. There is a legislative requirement that SU demonstrate that they are satisfied that the shooter has access to such a competition before they are able to issue a support letter. That same requirement applies to all pistol clubs but is obviously easier for clubs with ranges that host suitable competitions themselves.

Any clubs that don't host that competition, just like SU, are also legally required to get evidence from shooters that they have access to such a competition before they can issue a PTA support letter. This is not policy or a stance by SU or other clubs it is in the legislation and applies to every type of Cat H firearm.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by johnboy357 » 31 Aug 2020, 6:12 pm

Is there any range/club anywhere that has a match/competition where someone could use a PC Charger ? Seems to be just another US "play gun" that does not fit with any of our approved competitions. IPSC maybe but the holster would be a killer to wear.
johnboy357
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by rc42 » 01 Sep 2020, 12:37 am

I don't know of any clubs in Brisbane that have competitions for them, if there are I'd be interested to know.
Presumably the long sight base makes them suitable for metallic silhouette events but poor for everything else as they are so long and front heavy.

Personally I think it's a fugly design and I'd never want one but tastes vary and if there are suitable competitions they should be allowed.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by johnboy357 » 01 Sep 2020, 1:39 pm

Not much good for Silhouette either - they could only be used in some of the 200m matches under I.H.M.S.A. rules [what we are supposed to shoot at Brisbane]
If fitted with open sights the would be in the unlimited class - if fitted with a scope or red dot then they could be used for Unlimited any sight or Unlimited standing but I am yet to see a 9mm take down a ram at 200m. At 5.2 pounds the gun is overweight for use in the 100m matchs.

JUST RECEIVED

**UPDATE** FROM HORSLEY PARK GUN SHOP

PC CHARGER 9MM 10 SHOT

Unfortunately, the Ruger PC Charger was short lived. After receiving them in, N.S.W. Firearms Registry have now deemed them as illegal and they are now a prohibited item in N.S.W.
We apologise for the inconvenience, if you have an order on one of these firearms, we will contact you very shortly.
Last edited by johnboy357 on 01 Sep 2020, 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnboy357
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 01 Sep 2020, 1:42 pm

rc42 wrote:I don't know of any clubs in Brisbane that have competitions for them, if there are I'd be interested to know.
Presumably the long sight base makes them suitable for metallic silhouette events but poor for everything else as they are so long and front heavy.

Personally I think it's a fugly design and I'd never want one but tastes vary and if there are suitable competitions they should be allowed.

And if there are no suitable competitions currently, make some new competitions.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Firearms related media and politics