Victorian Registry's (LRD) Covid threat

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Victorian Registry's (LRD) Covid threat

Post by NSC » 29 Aug 2020, 9:53 am

VICTORIAN REGISTRY'S COVID THREAT:
As many of you may have heard, the Licensing and Regulation Division of Victoria Police has announced that it will now reprimand, suspend or cancel the licences of shooters or licenced security guards if they are alleged to have breached the current COVID restrictions in Victoria and are issued a fine.
This follows previous similar ‘threats’ to shooters who get caught speeding under ‘aggravated circumstances’ (which includes driving over the posted speed limit), and their more recent behaviour earlier in the year of threatening - rather than helping - handgun licence holders unable to meet their participation requirements because of the restrictions.
The NSC is not here to just ‘talk’ about our problems: we act on them.
The NSC has sought preliminary legal advice and if you are a shooter or security industry guard who has had his / her licence affected by the LRD, please let us know what happened by contacting us at admin@nationalshooting.org.au.
If we find ‘the right case’ then we’ll be commencing legal action in either the Firearms Appeals Committee (FAC) or Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) immediately and add to the list of actions against the heavy handed way that those in charge of the registry think they can get away with!

Thanks

NSC
NSC
Private
Private

Victoria

Re: Victorian Registry's (LRD) Covid threat

Post by mchughcb » 29 Aug 2020, 10:45 am

Did you write a letter to all the cross benchers to oppose extension of the state of emergency Neil?
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 29 Aug 2020, 11:13 am

mchughcb wrote:Did you write a letter to all the cross benchers to oppose extension of the state of emergency Neil?

I find it interesting that you ask that in this thread. Looks like an attempt to "stir".

The answer is No, I was too late. He withdrew his intention to extend before I got a chance.

That does not mean I agree with the above LRD threat.

Edit: I actually posted about the above threat a few days ago.

viewtopic.php?f=76&t=14228
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by trekin » 29 Aug 2020, 12:14 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
mchughcb wrote:Did you write a letter to all the cross benchers to oppose extension of the state of emergency Neil?

I find it interesting that you ask that in this thread. Looks like an attempt to "stir".

The answer is No, I was too late. He withdrew his intention to extend before I got a chance.

That does not mean I agree with the above LRD threat.

Edit: I actually posted about the above threat a few days ago.

viewtopic.php?f=76&t=14228

Color me slow, but are you, Oldbloke, moonlighting as Neil from the NSC??
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 29 Aug 2020, 12:37 pm

Who is Neil at NSC?
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 29 Aug 2020, 12:48 pm

Keep up.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by trekin » 29 Aug 2020, 1:33 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Who is Neil at NSC?

A few assumptions here, but I assume Neil Jenkins, to whom I assume mchughcb referred to by name in his post, to which you, Oldbloke, then answered, as, or on behalf of, as it appears, because you direct quoted mchughcb's post. So I asumed that you, Oldbloke, might, in actual fact, be the Neil to whom mchughcb was asking the question of.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by NSC » 29 Aug 2020, 1:40 pm

Neil Jenkins is the National Secretary of the NSC and does not post here.

That's what us minions do lol!

NSC
NSC
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 29 Aug 2020, 1:46 pm

Now I better understand. No not me. My error. I didnt notice the "neil" at the bottom.

I am a member BTW.

Politics aside, (if that's possible) it's clearly a form of harassment or discrimination. Being targeted, excuse the pun. Seems to me LRD are over stepping their authority. But I know very little about LRD authority.

At least NSC is giving it a good crack. Unlike SSAA
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 29 Aug 2020, 4:21 pm

Lol, you think LRD are overstepping the mark yet people locked up 23 hours a day is okay? Oh that's right you aren't locked up 23 hours a day are you, so you are only interested in what might affect you now.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 29 Aug 2020, 4:34 pm

mchughcb wrote:Lol, you think LRD are overstepping the mark yet people locked up 23 hours a day is okay? Oh that's right you aren't locked up 23 hours a day are you, so you are only interested in what might affect you now.

Isnt that what you have been on about for weeks? Your stuck at home right? Effects you right?

These a are different issues mate.
1 is about controlling a new virus. And how best to do that.
2 is about opportunistic harassment of shooters.

Your confused .

BTW. What makes you think I like the current situation?
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 29 Aug 2020, 4:45 pm

Threatening to take your shooters licence is intimidation.

On a side note something shooters should be aware of/ concerned about is will you have insurance.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 29 Aug 2020, 5:00 pm

womble wrote:Threatening to take your shooters licence is intimidation.

On a side note something shooters should be aware of/ concerned about is will you have insurance.

Agree, intimidation is a better description.

But I don't understand the comment about insurance?
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by eddievic » 29 Aug 2020, 7:11 pm

mchughcb wrote:Lol, you think LRD are overstepping the mark yet people locked up 23 hours a day is okay? Oh that's right you aren't locked up 23 hours a day are you, so you are only interested in what might affect you now.

Are you locked up 23hrs a day? You poor guy i feel for you. I assume you work in an office normally...or you are between jobs. I would suggest get a job where you are outside most of the time... even now then no worries

But for you please do your one hour a day exercise. Then you can go shopping for 1 hr.... ofcourse if you have a spouse, then maybe share it, first day he/she goes, the second day you go.

Now for me, i think people who work in office are crazy..... stuck inside their office for 8hrs, inside a car for 2-3hrs a day... and then stuck in home for rest of the evening.

These people now are forced to spend more time with their families and have 1 hour to go outside and enjoy.

Which is Win win on my book, otherwise what's the point of working :welcome:
117, 22lr, 223, 243, 264, 308, 338, 416, 20g 12g

Soo many, but not enough
eddievic
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Skinna » 29 Aug 2020, 7:25 pm

womble wrote:Threatening to take your shooters licence is intimidation.

Actually, id say Its Persecution & Victimisation

Persecution : hostility and ill-treatment, especially because of race or political or religious beliefs; oppression.

Victimisation : the action of singling someone out for cruel or unjust treatment.

Easily fits the definition of both in my book.!!!
Skinna
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by womble » 29 Aug 2020, 7:56 pm

Insurance companies allways try to find a way to get out of a payout should you put in a claim.
Liability or vehicle insurance. If you’re somewhere you are not supposed to be in breach of the law i doubt you’d be insured.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by deye243 » 29 Aug 2020, 8:17 pm

So when are these assholes going to take away people's driving licences for the same reason what an absolute load of rubbish
deye243
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 29 Aug 2020, 8:26 pm

womble wrote:Insurance companies allways try to find a way to get out of a payout should you put in a claim.
Liability or vehicle insurance. If you’re somewhere you are not supposed to be in breach of the law i doubt you’d be insured.

It would be typical of an insurance co.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by trekin » 30 Aug 2020, 10:43 am

So, this is what happens in a police state. A heavily armed 'miltarised police force', no longer under the control of the Govt;
"The petitioners therefore "request" that the Legislative Council "call on" the Government "to seek an explanation from Victoria Police" as to who authorised the cancellation of gun licences of lawful firearm owners who have breached COVID-19 directives and why these breaches are being treated the same as a violent crime. https://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/counc ... ils/12/235
Grow so balls FFS, and demand the Govt take action to stop this.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Skinna » 30 Aug 2020, 11:00 am

trekin wrote:So, this is what happens in a police state. A heavily armed 'miltarised police force', no longer under the control of the Govt;
"The petitioners therefore "request" that the Legislative Council "call on" the Government "to seek an explanation from Victoria Police" as to who authorised the cancellation of gun licences of lawful firearm owners who have breached COVID-19 directives and why these breaches are being treated the same as a violent crime. https://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/counc ... ils/12/235
Grow so balls FFS, and demand the Govt take action to stop this.

Well picked up Trekkin.

And this is also how the independant State laws stop us firearms owners sticking together as a national united group.
Can only be signed if you are a Vic resident. :thumbsdown:
Skinna
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by ozzielee303 » 30 Aug 2020, 11:18 am

This is so wrong what they are doing,I signed,so I am hoping that something gets done about this injustice,it is as Skinna stated,Persecution and Victimisation and it should be squashed and those who instigated this attack on us,brought to be held accountable for Discrimination and SACKED!!
Just my thoughts.
Cheers
ozzielee303
"I'll tell you what rule we applied sir,We applied rule 3-0-3, We caught them and we shot them, under rule 3-0-3." :Lt Harry " Breaker" Morant at his court martial in January 1902.
ozzielee303
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 30 Aug 2020, 11:42 am

ozzielee303 wrote:This is so wrong what they are doing,I signed,so I am hoping that something gets done about this injustice,it is as Skinna stated,Persecution and Victimisation and it should be squashed and those who instigated this attack on us,brought to be held accountable for Discrimination and SACKED!!
Just my thoughts.

Well, well, its either Dan, Lisa Neville or Sutton. You think the LRD makes these calls on their own?
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by trekin » 30 Aug 2020, 1:56 pm

mchughcb wrote:
ozzielee303 wrote:This is so wrong what they are doing,I signed,so I am hoping that something gets done about this injustice,it is as Skinna stated,Persecution and Victimisation and it should be squashed and those who instigated this attack on us,brought to be held accountable for Discrimination and SACKED!!
Just my thoughts.

Well, well, its either Dan, Lisa Neville or Sutton. You think the LRD makes these calls on their own?

Not a Victorian, myself, but from everything I've seen, read or heard, then yes, it certainly appears to have been instigated by your out of control police force/LRD under the guise of the state of disaster police powers.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by ozzielee303 » 30 Aug 2020, 3:20 pm

mchughcb wrote:
Just my thoughts.

Probably is the three musketeers,would not put it past them. :thumbsdown:
Cheers
ozzielee303
"I'll tell you what rule we applied sir,We applied rule 3-0-3, We caught them and we shot them, under rule 3-0-3." :Lt Harry " Breaker" Morant at his court martial in January 1902.
ozzielee303
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by rc42 » 30 Aug 2020, 4:44 pm

Looks like VicPol have woken the sleeping tiger... about bloody time too

Post from SSAA today:

"Victorian licensed firearms owners would now be aware of the recent threat by Victoria Police Licensing and Regulation Division (LRD) to ‘reprimand, suspend or cancel’ licences of registered firearm owners who ‘blatantly and deliberately breach’ the current directives of Victoria’s Chief Health Officer (CHO). SSAA Victoria considers this threat to be an overreach of powers granted to LRD.

Be aware, it is no idle threat. SSAA Victoria is aware of LRD’s suspension/ cancellation of licences of firearms owners who have received fines for breaching the current COVID-19 Stage 4 restrictions. SSAA Victoria has sought legal advice and is reviewing these cases to challenge this additional punishment.

No other segment of society is facing additional punitive measures for breaching current COVID-19 restrictions. Yet again it would appear that legally licensed firearms owners are being singled out and being treated unfairly.

SSAA Victoria questions the legal principle of LRD’s threat and its implications for natural justice in Victoria. Why are the same standards and demands not made of Victorians in other sports or recreational pursuits?

If any SSAA Victoria members have been threatened with losing their firearms licence as a result of breaching COVID-19 restrictions, the Association would encourage you to contact State Office. The Association is ready, willing and able to fight unjust treatment of shooters.

While SSAA Victoria supports the directives issued by the CHO and the measures implemented to keep Victorians safe during this time, the Association believes the statement issued by LRD to be ill-considered. We also believe that LRD is acting beyond its authority and power in taking such actions.

Only the SSAA Victoria has the standing and resources to challenge LRD all the way to the Supreme Court if necessary. To do so, we must work with the right instance of Police acting beyond their powers and in a way not contemplated by the Firearms Act 1996. Any challenge we undertake must be convincing to the court."
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by mchughcb » 30 Aug 2020, 5:30 pm

Thats great. I know a few of the board members. I might call them. I'm wondering who should be the first one to test this all the way to the supreme court then? Maybe one of the board members would be the best start as then they would really have some skin in the game.

Rock it all the way to Spring Street or William St?

https://youtu.be/gldHHrqacbA
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 30 Aug 2020, 5:31 pm

NSC wrote:VICTORIAN REGISTRY'S COVID THREAT:
As many of you may have heard, the Licensing and Regulation Division of Victoria Police has announced that it will now reprimand, suspend or cancel the licences of shooters or licenced security guards if they are alleged to have breached the current COVID restrictions in Victoria and are issued a fine.
This follows previous similar ‘threats’ to shooters who get caught speeding under ‘aggravated circumstances’ (which includes driving over the posted speed limit), and their more recent behaviour earlier in the year of threatening - rather than helping - handgun licence holders unable to meet their participation requirements because of the restrictions.
The NSC is not here to just ‘talk’ about our problems: we act on them.
The NSC has sought preliminary legal advice and if you are a shooter or security industry guard who has had his / her licence affected by the LRD, please let us know what happened by contacting us at admin@nationalshooting.org.au.
If we find ‘the right case’ then we’ll be commencing legal action in either the Firearms Appeals Committee (FAC) or Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) immediately and add to the list of actions against the heavy handed way that those in charge of the registry think they can get away with!

Thanks

NSC

So what's happening when Lisa Neville stopped the gunstores from selling ammo and guns? I thought you guys were taking it to VCAT? Where's that at?
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 30 Aug 2020, 7:36 pm

"Sleeping tiger"? Try comatosed pussy cat.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 30 Aug 2020, 7:53 pm

Surely, there are grounds to include discrimination litigation as well...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by NSC » 31 Aug 2020, 9:14 am

So what's happening when Lisa Neville stopped the gunstores from selling ammo and guns? I thought you guys were taking it to VCAT? Where's that at?[/quote]

The NSC took VicPol /the government to the Firearm Appeals Committee.

Long and hard fought, 3 hearings and now waiting on a decision from the FAC.....all the info is on the NSC website nationalshooting.org.au if you care to read up on it?

NSC
NSC
Private
Private

Victoria

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics