Australian Citizen Call to Arms

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Australian Citizen Call to Arms

Post by Member-Deleted » 27 Sep 2020, 5:44 pm

bladeracer wrote:My guess would be that Scouts and Guides would lean well left on firearms ownership.
I would love to see a situation that makes it possible for people like myself to bring a bunch of different milsurp or just older and varied designs out to somewhere that kids can try them out for themselves, that would be awesome!

What state are you in? VIC? I also think that bringing back gun toys, and advertising things like gel blasters, laser tag, paintball and even legalising airsoft and civilian use of simunition would be a good way to attract younger audiences.
Member-Deleted

Post by bladeracer » 27 Sep 2020, 6:01 pm

BangWhizzClack wrote:
bladeracer wrote:My guess would be that Scouts and Guides would lean well left on firearms ownership.
I would love to see a situation that makes it possible for people like myself to bring a bunch of different milsurp or just older and varied designs out to somewhere that kids can try them out for themselves, that would be awesome!

What state are you in? VIC? I also think that bringing back gun toys, and advertising things like gel blasters, laser tag, paintball and even legalising airsoft and civilian use of simunition would be a good way to attract younger audiences.

Yep, Victoria. Kids twelve and up (and unlicenced adults) can use my firearms but only at approved ranges.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 27 Sep 2020, 6:26 pm

Okay, so that's basically highschoolers and up. Could push the fact that it develops confidence, responsibility, self-discipline, patience etc. Desirable traits in young adults. I've never fired mil-surplus rifles, we know young men around 14/15 can fire them, what about younger than that? 12/13 y.o. girls, do you reckon they could handle them?
Member-Deleted

Post by bladeracer » 27 Sep 2020, 6:30 pm

BangWhizzClack wrote:Okay, so that's basically highschoolers and up. Could push the fact that it develops confidence, responsibility, self-discipline, patience etc. Desirable traits in young adults. I've never fired mil-surplus rifles, we know young men around 14/15 can fire them, what about younger than that? 12/13 y.o. girls, do you reckon they could handle them?

They don't have to be firing full-power loads unless they want to.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 27 Sep 2020, 6:36 pm

Sounds good. Alright, how many of those mil-surplus rifles do you have? What sort of area would you be willing to work/travel in?
Member-Deleted

Post by bladeracer » 27 Sep 2020, 6:40 pm

BangWhizzClack wrote:Sounds good. Alright, how many of those mil-surplus rifles do you have? What sort of area would you be willing to work/travel in?

Couple dozen, within Victoria I guess.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 27 Sep 2020, 6:45 pm

Okay, well, once this lockdown ends I'll see what positions I can get in organisations and see if I can pull any strings. I wouldn’t wait by the phone, but if I can organise anything I'll message you on here or start a thread to see if you're still interested.
Member-Deleted

Post by bladeracer » 27 Sep 2020, 6:52 pm

BangWhizzClack wrote:Okay, well, once this lockdown ends I'll see what positions I can get in organisations and see if I can pull any strings. I wouldn’t wait by the phone, but if I can organise anything I'll message you on here or start a thread to see if you're still interested.

Always interested in sharing the history :-)
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 27 Sep 2020, 7:02 pm

Good on you mate!
Member-Deleted

Post by pedro4977 » 03 Jan 2021, 9:01 pm

Just saying, make army cadets compulsory for some failing students, expose them to some discipline, team spirit and firearms training done by responsible veterans in the community. I’d, gladly give time to train them in all this it if it was allowed. Would need more marketing to the kids, and maybe go towards their scores at school to make better citizens, responsibility and possibly a few good soldiers that we are going to need! Not to mention responsible gun owners.
You can’t legislate against ignorance, stupidity or an opinion made up of both!
pedro4977
Recruit
Recruit

Australian Capital Territory

Post by Member-Deleted » 04 Jan 2021, 3:50 pm

pedro4977 wrote:Just saying, make army cadets compulsory for some failing students, expose them to some discipline, team spirit and firearms training done by responsible veterans in the community. I’d, gladly give time to train them in all this it if it was allowed. Would need more marketing to the kids, and maybe go towards their scores at school to make better citizens, responsibility and possibly a few good soldiers that we are going to need! Not to mention responsible gun owners.

Great idea, however possibly a pretty big stretch? Maybe? I don't know if that's something the Government would incentivise until actual war time.
Member-Deleted

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics