Australian Citizen Call to Arms

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Australian Citizen Call to Arms

Post by Member-Deleted » 03 Sep 2020, 9:52 am

Hi Shooters!

Many of you may have experienced the ever growing power grabs of the bureaucrats and politicians in this country, especially if you're in Victoria like me at the moment. The Government has been overstepping for a long time now and it's time for change. A system designed to serve the people, now rules the people.

I am calling on all of you here to step up and help make a difference. This is how we can do it.

1. Join all the pro-gun right organisations you can. I have listed all the big ones I can find, along with links (I’d suggest joining just your state organisation if they are separated into such):

Australian Deer Association - https://www.austdeer.com.au/membership
Sporting Shooters Association of Australia (SSAA) - https://ssaa.org.au/members/join-or-renew
Firearm Owners United - https://www.firearmownersunited.com/membership/
National Shooting Council - https://nationalshooting.org.au/become-a-member
Shooter’s Union Australia - https://shootersunion.com.au/join-shooters-union/
Pistol Australia - https://pistol.org.au/join/
Field & Game Australia - https://www.fieldandgame.com.au/member-signup
International Practical Shooting Confederation - https://members.ipsc.org.au/#join-members
Australian Clay Target Association - https://www.claytarget.com.au/resources ... ember.html
Sporting Clays Australia - https://sportingclaysaustralia.com.au/members/
Target Rifle Australia - https://tra.org.au/about/member-bodies/
National Rifle Association of Australia (Individual State Organisations)
- ACT https://www.canberrarifleclub.org.au/in ... BERSHIP_V2
- QLD https://qldrifle.com/new-members
- NQLD https://nqra.org.au/contact (Contact to inquire about memberships)
- NSW https://www.nswra.org.au/pages/related-sites
- NT https://www.ntra.org.au/contact (Contact to inquire about memberships)
- SA http://www.riflesa.asn.au/Documents/Ass ... 20Form.pdf
- TAS http://www.tasrifle.org.au/contact.html (Contact to Inquire about memberships)
- VIC https://www.vra.asn.au/membership.shtml
- WA https://wara.asn.au/member-resources/

If you know of others please mention them.

2. Encourage everyone you can to get to get their licence. If they are unable to get a licence, encourage them to get into archery. We need to send a stern message that the people of this nation will not accept being dictated to any longer.

3. Make preparations and form stronger community ties amongst shooters. We need to support each other.

This IS NOT a call for violence or illegal action, this is about making a major push back against tyranny in ways we are still permitted to. Please share this message with whoever you can.
Last edited by Member-Deleted on 03 Sep 2020, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member-Deleted

Re: Australian Citizen Call to Arms

Post by Grandadbushy » 03 Sep 2020, 10:23 am

Well BangWhizzClack it's because of some of these pro-gun groups and the lack of their support to the gun owners is why we are in the position of gun laws today, it wouldn't matter if you were a member of all of those groups ,unless they had the money and backbone to fight against the draconian gun laws then it would be a waste of time, people have been asking for unity and the rights of shooters and gun owners for a long time and for a pro-gun group to step up and push back on the tightening of gun laws but until now and thankfully of late there has been couple of groups willing and showing that they are prepared to give it a go and i'd suggest putting our support behind those rather than all groups, you'll see who i am talking about by the feed back on the forums of their prior and future endeavors on push back to gun laws and more regulations. :thumbsup:
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by deye243 » 03 Sep 2020, 10:47 am

SSAA bwaaahahahaha their on the gubberments side .
deye243
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by trekin » 03 Sep 2020, 10:48 am

75% of those orgs are not interested in your rights as a LAFO. Any org that offers membership as a genuine reason is only interested in one thing, to take your money under false pretenses, and not rattle the sabre too loudly so as not to lose ttheir licence to take your money.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Larry » 03 Sep 2020, 11:45 am

The National Shooting Council has been very proactive and launched several court actions against Police and Governments. I think this organization is actually doing the things that we as shooters have wanted for a long time. They have the balls to stand up and take action. They have also tried to work in tandem with some of the other organizations, to present a united front.
If you want to get behind an organization to fight for your rights I think this is one of the most active and better ones to get behind. they are not trying to be everything to everyone they have a clear direction to fight for rights via political and court system means.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by marksman » 03 Sep 2020, 11:58 am

Larry wrote:The National Shooting Council has been very proactive and launched several court actions against Police and Governments. I think this organization is actually doing the things that we as shooters have wanted for a long time. They have the balls to stand up and take action. They have also tried to work in tandem with some of the other organizations, to present a united front.
If you want to get behind an organization to fight for your rights I think this is one of the most active and better ones to get behind. they are not trying to be everything to everyone they have a clear direction to fight for rights via political and court system means.

what l was thinking also :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 03 Sep 2020, 1:13 pm

Now is the time to capitalise! We promote all these organisations, we increase funding for the entire industry and then we organise a massive political campaign.

I get that you don't have a lot of faith in most of these organisations, but if we can bolster the support of the people, now when the Government is being very tyrannical I believe we the people could have a real chance.
Member-Deleted

Post by Dedd » 03 Sep 2020, 3:33 pm

Not really the same, but if we ever organize enough for an actual protest maybe we could all turn up with rifle bags? They'd have to stretch the law pretty far to arrest anyone for carrying a bag, but it gets the point across
Dedd
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Member-Deleted » 03 Sep 2020, 4:29 pm

The point is to have the laws banished and give power and liberty back to the people, 'liberty is taken not given' in every sense of the phrase. If they won't change the legislation, then we make a new system, one that empowers the people, where the police and the military serve and protect the people, not the Queen.
Member-Deleted

Post by Member-Deleted » 03 Sep 2020, 4:35 pm

Dedd wrote:Not really the same, but if we ever organize enough for an actual protest maybe we could all turn up with rifle bags? They'd have to stretch the law pretty far to arrest anyone for carrying a bag, but it gets the point across.

You're not thinking big enough, I know we all want peace and freedom, but that has been taken away. Think back to the Eureka Stockade, do you think if they had of kept their rifles in a bag that things would have worked out better? The government doesn't care and it doesn't listen when you protest. You know what scares them? Quiet people arming themselves, that's why they put the ban in place back in March, because PTA's went up 2.5x the norm.
Member-Deleted

Post by womble » 03 Sep 2020, 4:36 pm

Ok, we’ll wait here.
Let us know how it goes.
God speed !
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 03 Sep 2020, 4:37 pm

Based on what I’ve witnessed on the smelly vision lately, it will only be a matter of hours before Bangbongsmoke has a few black suited men knocking on his door...If I were you mate, I’d turn out the lights and unplug the pc!
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Member-Deleted » 03 Sep 2020, 4:46 pm

Do you not see a problem with that Tassie? The police coming to the homes and arresting those that are promoting ideas counter to those that the MSM is pushing?

And you Womble, are you going to sit back all your life? Would you like me to fetch you a tube of lube for you so it's not so painful?
Member-Deleted

Post by Dedd » 03 Sep 2020, 4:53 pm

I do agree with what you're saying, but 99% of Australian gun owners just want to occasionally shoot paper or fur. If we tried to organise something like that, we'd end up with 5 people turning up and then being arrested.
We can't really do anything until we have public support and coming across as a scary group of people will only cause people to vote for even stricter laws.

Maybe once the average Australian doesn't void themselves at the sight of a .22 we can do something.
Dedd
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 03 Sep 2020, 4:58 pm

BangWhizzClack wrote:Do you not see a problem with that Tassie? The police coming to the homes and arresting those that are promoting ideas counter to those that the MSM is pushing?

And you Womble, are you going to sit back all your life? Would you like me to fetch you a tube of lube for you so it's not so painful?

Maybe I should have put a sarcasm emoti.
I absolutely 100% see a a HUGE problem - it’s disgusting and I’m hoping a delegate from Maurice Blackburn or similar step up and cane the police in public and in court for a range of charges - I hope the police who undertook the action are sacked and their superior is shamed and named and removed from the force without benefits...I hope it goes all the way to the top and they get crucified...but will it happen ? Who is in a position to stand against the SS Nazi police ?
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Member-Deleted » 03 Sep 2020, 4:59 pm

Dedd wrote:I do agree with what you're saying, but 99% of Australian gun owners just want to occasionally shoot paper or fur. If we tried to organise something like that, we'd end up with 5 people turning up and then being arrested.
We can't really do anything until we have public support and coming across as a scary group of people will only cause people to vote for even stricter laws.

Maybe once the average Australian doesn't void themselves at the sight of a .22 we can do something.

Hence why we need to capitalise on this situation. The image of it being a fun hobby and necessary part of day to day lives for farmers and pest controllers is great and all, but the only way we'll get more public support is if they feel like they need it. Majority of people throughout history haven't made actions against government Tyranny until they are starving and then many of them will turn to cannibalism of family before turning on the government that is causing them those issues. I'm not saying we act now and start a riot, I'm saying we get as much support now while we can, get more people shooting and supporting the industry and it's supporters. With government being so overbearing and spreading blatant lies, people can't trust it, they will realise the only people looking out for them are themselves, that's why they'll need the ability to do so.
Member-Deleted

Post by deye243 » 03 Sep 2020, 5:02 pm

Dedd wrote:I do agree with what you're saying, but 99% of Australian gun owners just want to occasionally shoot paper or fur. If we tried to organise something like that, we'd end up with 5 people turning up and then being arrested.

And this was the whole reason for the not carrying a firearm in an alarming way and hiding them under the back seat the people only get used to seeing a copper carrying a gun so they see a real person carrying a gun and they s*** themselves it only took 24 years.
deye243
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 03 Sep 2020, 5:04 pm

TassieTiger wrote:
BangWhizzClack wrote:Do you not see a problem with that Tassie? The police coming to the homes and arresting those that are promoting ideas counter to those that the MSM is pushing?

Maybe I should have put a sarcasm emoti.
I absolutely 100% see a a HUGE problem - it’s disgusting and I’m hoping a delegate from Maurice Blackburn or similar step up and cane the police in public and in court for a range of charges - I hope the police who undertook the action are sacked and their superior is shamed and named and removed from the force without benefits...I hope it goes all the way to the top and they get crucified...but will it happen ? Who is in a position to stand against the SS Nazi police ?

You, me, everyone here, and should we manage to get more people armed, them too. Right now it's just a call to arms, making sure as many people can arm themselves. This wuhan flu will be old news by the time anything happens. We get people in now, so next time the government tries something big, we can do something about it.
Member-Deleted

Post by Member-Deleted » 03 Sep 2020, 5:07 pm

deye243 wrote:

And this was the whole reason for the not carrying a firearm in an alarming way and hiding them under the back seat the people only get used to seeing a copper carrying a gun so they see a real person carrying a gun and they s*** themselves it only took 24 years.

Exactly! It's all about social engineering Yuri Bezmonov gave some great insights into how it works in a few videos, I'd highly recommend a watch.
Member-Deleted

Post by womble » 03 Sep 2020, 5:13 pm

Thank you for the lube, i will use it liberally.
I just think your military coup / new republic is going to need a bigger army.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 03 Sep 2020, 5:21 pm

They have tanks and jet planes and stuff you know right.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Dedd » 03 Sep 2020, 5:24 pm

deye243 wrote:

Most definitely. We certainly need more more people interacting with firearms in a positive manner, but it needs to be done slowly so we don't scare the public further away. It's the same in the US, where people invite their antigun friends to shoot an AR15 and they finish they day wanting to buy one.

The Australian public won't suddenly start "picking up arms" unless they need to. Maybe one day thing will be so bad in this country that people will feel the need to arm themselves, but right now Karen feels safe driving her kids to and from soccer, so she doesn't think anyone in the country could have a need for a firearm. And unless you want to take on the military, those are the kind of people we need to convince.

Remember, the Eureka stockade was more people than we'd get today, and they were massacred.
Dedd
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Member-Deleted » 03 Sep 2020, 5:39 pm

womble wrote:Thank you for the lube, i will use it liberally.
I just think your military coup / new republic is going to need a bigger army.

It should hopefully be a successful protest, if not, then we'll see what happens.

Let's run some numbers. Approximately 80,000 police in Australia, Victoria with the most at about 22,000 (including civie staff, pso's, cadets etc.), mostly using M&P40's, some tactical police units will have marksman rifles (typically rem 700 models), m4's and mp5's, I'd approximate no more than 5000 nationwide.
Now should these be peaceful (yet illegal) prostests, the military shouldn't get involved. The last count of civilian shooters in Australia in 2016 was Approximately 800,000 with a combined lot of about 3 million firearms. The top 3 ranked most popular calibres in WA, QLD and TAS averaged were .22 variants. The next 7 were perfectly capable rounds.

Should the police use their trickery and send someone to start a ruckus that leads to shooting, then maybe the military will step in. It will certainly test their allegiances though, both police and ADF are sworn to preserve the Queen's 'Peace' and ensure her rule. But I've heard from a lot of military and police that they just say it to get the job and should SHTF, there's really not a lot behind those words. BUT IF THEY DO GET INVOLVED, personnel wise, they are about 80,000 strong, yes they have jets and drones and armoured cavalry etc., I'd highly doubt they'd start carpet bombing cities, and firing off tank rounds into parliament house and around the city. It's not an invasion, it's civil unrest (if it gets to that).
Member-Deleted

Post by Member-Deleted » 03 Sep 2020, 5:53 pm

Dedd wrote:
deye243 wrote:

Most definitely. We certainly need more more people interacting with firearms in a positive manner, but it needs to be done slowly so we don't scare the public further away. It's the same in the US, where people invite their antigun friends to shoot an AR15 and they finish they day wanting to buy one.

The Australian public won't suddenly start "picking up arms" unless they need to. Maybe one day thing will be so bad in this country that people will feel the need to arm themselves, but right now Karen feels safe driving her kids to and from soccer, so she doesn't think anyone in the country could have a need for a firearm. And unless you want to take on the military, those are the kind of people we need to convince.

Remember, the Eureka stockade was more people than we'd get today, and they were massacred.

Check my previous comment about people not acting until they are starving. Also check my latest comment with regards to number crunching. There were 150 diggers involved in the Eureka Rebellion, we can easily beat those numbers.
Member-Deleted

Post by womble » 03 Sep 2020, 5:58 pm

Get well soon
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 03 Sep 2020, 5:59 pm

womble wrote:Get well soon

I hope it does.
Member-Deleted

Post by Skinna » 03 Sep 2020, 6:09 pm

TassieTiger wrote:Based on what I’ve witnessed on the smelly vision lately, it will only be a matter of hours before Bangbongsmoke has a few black suited men knocking on his door...If I were you mate, I’d turn out the lights and unplug the pc!

:lol: :lol: :lol: LMAO...!!!...funniest comment of the financial year so far...!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But im curious what smoke your talking about...you mean smoke from the bong, or smoke from the flash grenades...? :lol:

I get his point though...but carrying firearms isnt the answer...not yey anyway...

maybe people carrying a big target & lots of pictures of shooters at ranges/big smiles busting clays, as well as fatality car accident scenes, and pictures of foxes dying from 1080 that enables cheap supermarket lamb.

The population need a rational educating...not the perpetuation of the fear already instilled in them...
Skinna
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Member-Deleted » 03 Sep 2020, 6:17 pm

Skinna wrote:
TassieTiger wrote:Based on what I’ve witnessed on the smelly vision lately, it will only be a matter of hours before Bangbongsmoke has a few black suited men knocking on his door...If I were you mate, I’d turn out the lights and unplug the pc!

:lol: :lol: :lol: LMAO...!!!...funniest comment of the financial year so far...!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But im curious what smoke your talking about...you mean smoke from the bong, or smoke from the flash grenades...? :lol:

I get his point though...but carrying firearms isnt the answer...not yey anyway...

maybe people carrying a big target & lots of pictures of shooters at ranges/big smiles busting clays, as well as fatality car accident scenes, and pictures of foxes dying from 1080 that enables cheap supermarket lamb.

The population need a rational educating...not the perpetuation of the fear already instilled in them...

I'm saying we need to encourage more people to get into shooting while we have this opportunity. I'm not saying we need to hand them a rifle and goose step them into parliament. People genuinely need to know that they are the only ones looking out for their best interests, governments lie all the time as we have seen and they take away more liberties all the times. We need to be armed and have that written down along with better self defence laws so that government don't have a monopoly on use of force and we are left with our pants down.
Member-Deleted

Post by Dedd » 03 Sep 2020, 7:24 pm

BangWhizzClack wrote:I'm saying we need to encourage more people to get into shooting while we have this opportunity. I'm not saying we need to hand them a rifle and goose step them into parliament. People genuinely need to know that they are the only ones looking out for their best interests, governments lie all the time as we have seen and they take away more liberties all the times. We need to be armed and have that written down along with better self defence laws so that government don't have a monopoly on use of force and we are left with our pants down.

I agree, but we need to start people with a .22 and a paper target, not an AR15 and a drop sear.

We need to remove the laws restricting ranges (and the SSAA regulations that stop people going to them), remove the laws forcing us to remain hidden (transportation rules for example) and get people used to guns being just a part of life. I hear so many stories of the good old days when you could openly transport a rifle on public transport without a problem and I think that's what we need to push for if we are ever going to get a rise in shooter numbers. Once people see the benefits of gun ownership they'll support political action, maybe armed if they need to.

By the way, the percentage of firearms license holders in NSW compared to the population is:
2016: 2.98%
2020: 3.18%
So we are growing, but only 0.05% per year. If we want anything to change we really need to speed that up. Maybe once we get to 10% we might start seeing some political influence.
Dedd
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 03 Sep 2020, 7:28 pm

15 mins ago at a posters house...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H0Eayro5LQk
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics