NSC moves on immediate injunction against Victoria Police

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Post by NSC » 09 Sep 2020, 9:51 am

9 September 2020|Coronavirus, Victoria Police
GoFundMe: An injunction for Victorian shooters
GoFundMe: An injunction for Victorian shooters

THE NSC URGENTLY WANTS TO get an injunction on Victoria Police from suspending or cancelling shooters licence because they breach COVID restrictions or are fined because of a breach.

So we’ve set up a GoFundMe page that we need every shooter to go to. Click here to check it out

You would already be aware that VicPol’s LRD has been busy suspending firearm and security licences for Victorians who incurred a fine for an alleged COVID-9 restrictions breach.

This drew immediate rebukes from several MPs and shooting organisations – but nothing beats taking legal action to put a stop to this.

Losing your licence - for visiting a friend
The threat by Victoria Police is real. In mid-August, Victoria Police suspended the licence of young tradie – who we will call R – whose only crime was to visit a friend when he perhaps should not have.

It was overreach by a mile, so the NSC has filed an action in the Firearms Appeals Committee to help R get his licence and guns back.

Time to send a message
The NSC has now been contacted by other Victorian Licence holders who have also had their licences suspended, guns seized, and notices of cancellation issued by LRD, so strong action now needs to be taken.

Now the time is right for the NSC to go further and we sought legal advice about our ability to obtain a Supreme Court injunction to stop VicPol from doing the same to others.

The SSAA Victoria had earlier boasted that it had the desire and resources to pursue such a matter, and boasted only it had the resources to fight for its members all the way to the Supreme Court, so we approached them to work with the NSC. The NSC Vice President wrote to the SSAA Vic CEO last Thursday offering to work together to defend a mutual member only to receive a non committal response from the SSAA Vic CEO , only offering to organise a meeting for the shooter involved with the SSAA Vic’s solicitor.

The NSC then wrote to the SSAA Vic CEO offering a meeting with both organisations’ lawyers and the SSAA Vic CEO and the NSC Vice President. In that letter which we posted publicly, we told SSAA Vic’s CEO that for transparency we would be posting the second letter we wrote publicly, like we did the first.

There was no response from SSAA at all until late yesterday afternoon which we have posted here. As you will see, the Response was short, curt and offers no path way forward. Certainly not to the Supreme Court, so we're going there alone.

Win or lose, the NSC wants to send a strong message to Victoria Police and the Victorian State government that this behaviour needs to STOP now – and an injunction, if successful, would do that.

A loss would disappoint us but a win would be fantastic to have. Regardless of what happens, we see the need to take the right action to give shooters some breathing space away from bad regulators as long overdue.

What we want from the action
In addition to stopping VicPol from taking licences away for trivial reasons, the NSC wants to have clear judicial guidance on what being a ‘fit and proper’ person means.

It needs to relate to some factor that relates to an individual’s conduct around firearms – not some other frivolous matter such as visiting a mates place.

It’s a term that is open to abuse, and VicPol’s LRD have been doing just that. – We want to stop that.

What we need
The NSC has obtained an estimate from our barrister and we need to ‘fill the gap’ of around $10,000 to make this viable. Every cent raised will go to the fight for an injunction.

HELP THE NSC do what it needs to make this IMPORTANT LEGAL POINT by donating to the fundraising effort by clicking here.

OR, if you prefer using PayPal, simply click here.

Share this post:
NSC
Private
Private

Victoria

Re: NSC moves on immediate injunction against Victoria Polic

Post by marksman » 09 Sep 2020, 10:24 am

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 09 Sep 2020, 11:52 am

The link doesnt seem to be working
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by NSC » 09 Sep 2020, 1:07 pm

Oldbloke wrote:The link doesnt seem to be working

The Go Fund me App is a nightmare to use with some other Apps.

If your having problems drop us a line at admin@nationalshooting.org.au for help and suggestions as I'm not one of the tech boffins lol!

Thanks

NSC
NSC
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Skinna » 09 Sep 2020, 1:41 pm

Those links are just incomplete.

Can you just post up the full links.?
(maybe im missing something.?)
Skinna
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by ozzielee303 » 09 Sep 2020, 2:24 pm

I think this is it,the link to it,someone might be able to say if it is right or not???

https://www.gofundme.com/f/stop-VicPols ... o-shooters
Cheers
ozzielee303
"I'll tell you what rule we applied sir,We applied rule 3-0-3, We caught them and we shot them, under rule 3-0-3." :Lt Harry " Breaker" Morant at his court martial in January 1902.
ozzielee303
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by NSC » 09 Sep 2020, 3:39 pm

Skinna wrote:Those links are just incomplete.

Can you just post up the full links.?
(maybe im missing something.?)

Sorry Skinna,

See the next post below.

NSC
NSC
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by NSC » 09 Sep 2020, 3:42 pm

ozzielee303 wrote:I think this is it,the link to it,someone might be able to say if it is right or not???

Ozzielee

Thank you for doing that!

The NSC tech boffin was trying to walk an old fart like me to do it over the phone and I was getting frustrated because I didn't understand him lol!

NSC
NSC
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by ozzielee303 » 09 Sep 2020, 4:36 pm

NSC wrote:
ozzielee303 wrote:I think this is it,the link to it,someone might be able to say if it is right or not???

Ozzielee

Thank you for doing that!

The NSC tech boffin was trying to walk an old fart like me to do it over the phone and I was getting frustrated because I didn't understand him lol!

NSC

No worries mate :thumbsup:
Cheers
ozzielee303
"I'll tell you what rule we applied sir,We applied rule 3-0-3, We caught them and we shot them, under rule 3-0-3." :Lt Harry " Breaker" Morant at his court martial in January 1902.
ozzielee303
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 09 Sep 2020, 5:44 pm

Or you can do a direct transfer to this CBA account. That's what I did.

Screenshot_20200909-174204_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200909-174204_Chrome.jpg (318.52 KiB) Viewed 5047 times
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 09 Sep 2020, 7:08 pm

Go get em NSC - donated.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by on_one_wheel » 09 Sep 2020, 7:14 pm

I'm now a member and I've donated.

Good luck, thanks for fighting :thumbsup:

And a big shout out to the SSAA, thanks for doing 4/5 of sweet FA ... yet again :thumbsdown:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by MJW380 » 10 Sep 2020, 3:03 am

Honestly, I find it hard to pity the guy.
MJW380
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 10 Sep 2020, 6:52 am

MJW380 wrote:Honestly, I find it hard to pity the guy.

Hardly the point.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by on_one_wheel » 10 Sep 2020, 9:51 am

MJW380 wrote:Honestly, I find it hard to pity the guy.

This has nothing to do with dealing sorry for the guy.

It's about the police taking matters too far and stripping licences from people for matters that don't involve firearms.

Imagine loosing your firearms because you J walked ... that's where this is going of the police aren't pulled up on there excessive use of power.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 10 Sep 2020, 11:27 am

on_one_wheel wrote:
This has nothing to do with dealing sorry for the guy.

It's about the police taking matters too far and stripping licences from people for matters that don't involve firearms.

Imagine loosing your firearms because you J walked ... that's where this is going of the police aren't pulled up on there excessive use of power.

Agree. It's not like he did anything aggressive or robbed a shop. It's a reletively minor offence and in no way firearm related. It doesn't pass the pub test, thats for sure.

I'd encourage everyone to just donate $20.

Or resign from SSAA join NSC and donate next year's SSAA membership. Lol
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by simmo » 10 Sep 2020, 1:10 pm

Donation made. I’m not in Victoria but this is an important precedent to set for all Australian’s who enjoy the shooting sports.

ACAB
simmo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by glenn777 » 10 Sep 2020, 2:07 pm

Donation made.

I wonder if this is the polices idea of public safety did they revoke his drivers licence and impound his car too?
glenn777
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 10 Sep 2020, 3:26 pm

Slightly off topic. But thought this was interesting about QLD election. Need more of this.

Screenshot_20200910-152402_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200910-152402_Chrome.jpg (525.91 KiB) Viewed 4932 times
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Dedd » 10 Sep 2020, 7:36 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Slightly off topic. But thought this was interesting about QLD election. Need more of this.

Actually curious what people here think of that. Shooters Union put out a statement on Reddit saying they're endorsing KAP and a lot of people weren't happy due to Katter's other policies. They seemed to think that having a shooting lobby group endorse KAP is bad for shooters' image.
Dedd
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Tiger650 » 10 Sep 2020, 9:15 pm

Joined and donated, FFS I escaped the VIC ****** in April but cannot let this stand.
My infrequent dealings with Vicpol over my 40 yrs in the state were almost always positive and polite, the one exception was a power tripping tattooed Highway Patrol slattern who just plain lied !
Still mostly good folk in Vicpol IME but the organisation is becoming the enforcement arm of the Labor Party.
Whereas in the past the norm was a neatly uniformed and polite member I now see thugs in body armour and masks / wraparound sunglasses / helmet "sorting out" ordinary folk who do not believe in Chairman Dan.
The "optics" attract recruitment of socially deficient bullies to the service and demoralise good members.
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Ricochet » 10 Sep 2020, 9:23 pm

Donated.
Ricochet
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 10 Sep 2020, 9:33 pm

Dedd wrote:
Actually curious what people here think of that. Shooters Union put out a statement on Reddit saying they're endorsing KAP and a lot of people weren't happy due to Katter's other policies. They seemed to think that having a shooting lobby group endorse KAP is bad for shooters' image.

Understand where your coming from. I'm just happy the shooters union is having a crack for such a small organisation. I haven't voted for any of the big 3 parties for about 5 or 6 elections now. I always vote for independents or shooter supporting parties in the hope that they will provide some balance to the parliament.

Katter (the mad hatter) has some odd policies but he is pro shooters. But who votes only thinking about their hobby/sport?

No matter who you vote for you will not like all of their policies. And the vast majority are just feathering their own nests. But I guess everyone here would have that worked out.

Way off topic now. LOL
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by MJW380 » 10 Sep 2020, 11:29 pm

What’s going on Simmo, all cops are bastards are they?
MJW380
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by trekin » 11 Sep 2020, 7:54 am

Dedd wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:Slightly off topic. But thought this was interesting about QLD election. Need more of this.

From my expience, those that think/say 'having a shooting lobby group endorse KAP is bad for shooters' image' fall into three groups. The first group are those that sprout this crap on any form social media while pretenting to be licenced firearms owners themselves, but are not (Party hacks from one or other of the majors). The second and third groups are rusty's. The first of these are the really rusty's, those that believe that all of their choosen major Party's policies are the ducks nuts, some even thinks that their said Party's policy on firearms should be even tougher. The second group of rusty's are those that don't particually believe that their choosen major Party's firearms (or other) policies are all that good, but their parents and grandparents voted for this or that major Party so they will also and use the said excuse "having a shooting lobby group endorse KAP is bad for shooters' image" as a way of easing their own conscious for blindly follow the herd.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 11 Sep 2020, 9:29 am

trekin wrote:
Dedd wrote:

From my expience, those that think/say 'having a shooting lobby group endorse KAP is bad for shooters' image' fall into three groups. The first group are those that sprout this crap on any form social media while pretenting to be licenced firearms owners themselves, but are not (Party hacks from one or other of the majors). The second and third groups are rusty's. The first of these are the really rusty's, those that believe that all of their choosen major Party's policies are the ducks nuts, some even thinks that their said Party's policy on firearms should be even tougher. The second group of rusty's are those that don't particually believe that their choosen major Party's firearms (or other) policies are all that good, but their parents and grandparents voted for this or that major Party so they will also and use the said excuse "having a shooting lobby group endorse KAP is bad for shooters' image" as a way of easing their own conscious for blindly follow the herd.

Yup yup!
Member-Deleted

Post by Skinna » 11 Sep 2020, 10:54 am

MJW380 wrote:What’s going on Simmo, all cops are bastards are they?

How do you get that, from this...?

simmo wrote:Donation made. I’m not in Victoria but this is an important precedent to set for all Australian’s who enjoy the shooting sports.

ACAB

He makes a valid point as far as i can see.
We already have Anti terrorist tactical units patrolling public spaces here in Adelaide putting the heebee Geebies up people, scaring the general public & generally increasing their overall fear of firearms...you know, because Adelaide is such a dangerous place these days ...ffs...!!... :roll:

I cant help but see that Victoria is trying to set a precedence, & id hazzard a guess it will spread.

Its not about every copper being bad, its about the culture of who are supposed to be law keepers & friends of society, acting as if society is the enemy & needing to use aggressive, over-handed, completely unnecessary oppression to scare & intimidate people.

I honestly wonder what kind of bag people wear on their head when they cant see that these actions arent necessary or come anywhere close to being warranted. :unknown:

:drinks:
Skinna
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by MJW380 » 12 Sep 2020, 1:37 pm

Old mate literally had all cops are bastards, which if you’ve been living under a rock is the typical BLM/Antifa crap they go on with in the states. So you think the answer to covid is do nothing and let it run it’s course, how’s that working out for America right now? Society seems to be it’s own worst enemy in Victoria.
MJW380
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 12 Sep 2020, 3:04 pm

Every cop I've met has been good, bar 1 about 40 years ago. They put up with a lot of sh1t and stress. And more than usual at the moment. They are not robots and make errors if judgement like everyone. In every industry I've worked in 5% are pr1cks.
They are mostly doing what they are told to do.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Skinna » 12 Sep 2020, 3:49 pm

MJW380 wrote:Old mate literally had all cops are bastards, which if you’ve been living under a rock is the typical BLM/Antifa crap they go on with in the states. So you think the answer to covid is do nothing and let it run it’s course, how’s that working out for America right now? Society seems to be it’s own worst enemy in Victoria.

The bold in above quote, I dont get that from what he initially said...unless ive missed something, a tone, previous post or something.. :unknown:
Skinna
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics