COVID LIES: VicPol LRD caught telling fibs!

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

COVID LIES: VicPol LRD caught telling fibs!

Post by NSC » 13 Sep 2020, 7:47 am

The NSC has become aware that a senior VicPol LRD officer is telling fibs to firearm groups and we have evidence.

See the story here

https://nationalshooting.org.au/blog/f/ ... Sz3aevOUlA

NSC
NSC
Private
Private

Victoria

Re: COVID LIES: VicPol LRD caught telling fibs!

Post by on_one_wheel » 13 Sep 2020, 8:21 am

Nothing like a few pokey pies to justify your position.

Even if it were true about the drugs, it still doesn't justify taking licences from those who have only made minor non firearms breaches, that is called collective punishment.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by DeadPool » 13 Sep 2020, 9:05 am

What is an LRD? It's a common writing practice to use full terminology before simply using an acronym.
DeadPool
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Skinna » 13 Sep 2020, 10:47 am

DeadPool wrote:What is an LRD? It's a common writing practice to use full terminology before simply using an acronym.

Is it...? Are you one of those people who say "enter your personal identification number, pin number"...or "im going to fill my car with liquid petroleum gas LPG", or, "i need to get some cash out of the automatic teller machine ATM ".?

I thought the reason fro acronyms was to shorten the required spoken or written words necessary to convey whats being said. :unknown:

Anyway, i googled it, best i can tell, LRD refers to, in this case, an officer from the Licensing & Registration Division of VICPOL. :thumbsup:
Skinna
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by NSC » 13 Sep 2020, 11:08 am

DeadPool wrote:What is an LRD? It's a common writing practice to use full terminology before simply using an acronym.

LRD is the Licensing and Regulation Division of VicPol.

They control firearms and Private Security...

Known as Registry in other States.

NSC
NSC
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by marksman » 13 Sep 2020, 11:30 am

this behaviour is not new to some

its good to see someone keeping them honest, good on you NSC :thumbsup: :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by DeadPool » 13 Sep 2020, 1:43 pm

Is it...? Are you one of those people who say "enter your personal identification number, pin number"...or "im going to fill my car with liquid petroleum gas LPG", or, "i need to get some cash out of the automatic teller machine ATM ".?

Yeah, it is.
I'm fine with using acronyms, the author just has to be sure the reader knows what the acronym means when using it in an article. So now I know it's the Licensing and Registration Division (LRD), I am now able to understand who they talk about further down the article when simply referencing LRD. Pedantic maybe, but I'm not from Victoria and had no idea who they were talking about. The NSC needs some polish in it's editing.
DeadPool
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Skinna » 13 Sep 2020, 3:13 pm

DeadPool wrote:

Yeah, it is.
I'm fine with using acronyms, the author just has to be sure the reader knows what the acronym means when using it in an article. So now I know it's the Licensing and Registration Division (LRD), I am now able to understand who they talk about further down the article when simply referencing LRD. Pedantic maybe, but I'm not from Victoria and had no idea who they were talking about. The NSC needs some polish in it's editing.

yep i hear ya. Was just having a crack at society's over use of acronyms, along with the need to state the words the acronyms make-up stands for.
So Im a bit the same, particularly because people overuse the acronym these days--it seem fashionable for people to use acronyms with everything these days, especially Govt Depts, like Environment & Water mobs who need to change names every 2 years

In fact, ive only recently learned that ROFL means Roll On Floor Laughing--i assumed it meany Roar Out Fukn Loud (laughing)... :unknown: :lol:

Back to the thread though, i didnt know what it stood for either, however with some knowledge of the goings on with Vicpol in regards to LAFO's of late, along with nature of the subject matter,i figured had something to do with coppers & firearms registry.
:drinks:
Skinna
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Return to Firearms related media and politics