Hunters restoring the Heart Morass in Gippsland

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Hunters restoring the Heart Morass in Gippsland

Post by bladeracer » 29 Oct 2020, 5:54 pm

[url]fieldandgame.com.au/2020/10/29/1381602/the-proof-and-truth[/url]

"Blood Origins - a project launched to tell the "truth about hunters" has released a video called The Proof, a snapshot of the impact hunters have had in restoring the Heart Morass in Gippsland, Victoria.

South African native, but now American based hunter Robbie Kroger is impressed by the effort and dedication of hunters to restore over grazed farmland into a pristine wetland. The Heart Morass Restoration Project was undertaken by Field & Game Australia in conjunction with the Hugh Williamson Foundation, Watermark Inc, Bug Blitz and the West Gippsland Catchment Management Authority.

Field & Game volunteers, led by Gary Howard, continue to maintain and improve the wetland which is popular for hunting as well as other recreational activities.

The Heart Morass builds on a great tradition of FGA members saving and caring for wetland environments."

https://www.bloodorigins.com/
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: Hunters restoring the Heart Morass in Gippsland

Post by mchughcb » 29 Oct 2020, 6:33 pm

I spent two seasons out there with the ADA planting at Clydebank Morass and its great to comeback a few years later and see some habitat for the hog deer. Great stuff.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 29 Oct 2020, 8:05 pm

Great to see, I'll definitely have to become a member at some point.
Member-Deleted

Post by bladeracer » 29 Oct 2020, 8:48 pm

BangWhizzClack wrote:Great to see, I'll definitely have to become a member at some point.

Memberships get expensive, but it's worth supporting them :-)
SSAA
FGA
Field Hunters Club
Deerstalkers Club
ADA
Military Rifle Club

Plus.
SFFP
NSC
Shooters Union
Firearm Owners United
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 29 Oct 2020, 10:07 pm

bladeracer wrote:
BangWhizzClack wrote:Great to see, I'll definitely have to become a member at some point.

Memberships get expensive, but it's worth supporting them :-)
SSAA
FGA
Field Hunters Club
Deerstalkers Club
ADA
Military Rifle Club

Plus.
SFFP
NSC
Shooters Union
Firearm Owners United

Definitely, I'll just have to wait until I find a stable job
Member-Deleted

Post by mchughcb » 30 Oct 2020, 9:33 am

SSAA is good if you want to save money on range time plus get access to their speciality clubs. F&G is good if you like feathers and if you want to hunt deer then there's a plethoria to choose from. The ADA melbourne branch meetings are good, they are held at the Austrian club in Bundoora.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 30 Oct 2020, 1:47 pm

mchughcb wrote:SSAA is good if you want to save money on range time plus get access to their speciality clubs. F&G is good if you like feathers and if you want to hunt deer then there's a plethoria to choose from. The ADA melbourne branch meetings are good, they are held at the Austrian club in Bundoora.

Thank you. I'm already a member of:
Shooters Union
Firearm Owners United
NSC
SSAA
Liberal Democrats

The other ones were just too expensive for an apprentice's salary. But I'll get there.
Member-Deleted

Post by TassieTiger » 30 Oct 2020, 3:22 pm

You clearly have an interest in firearms - why not talk to the above about potential employment? Not an email - a in your face, I’m interested snd im here to talk type thing...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Member-Deleted » 30 Oct 2020, 4:07 pm

TassieTiger wrote:You clearly have an interest in firearms - why not talk to the above about potential employment? Not an email - a in your face, I’m interested snd im here to talk type thing...

Thanks for the advice. I've spoken with NSC about some volunteering, we're just waiting for the lockdown to end, then I'll be meeting with Peter to discuss things.

I've to move by the end of November, I'm thinking I'll go the the Yarra Valley, it's close to my shooting and archery range, I'll probably volunteer at one of those spots, then ask around if anyone has any employment opportunities. It's just with the lockdown, no one is really looking to hire. But afterwards, we'll see.
Member-Deleted

Post by marksman » 30 Oct 2020, 9:53 pm

they did the same down my way at lake connewarre and reedy lake :thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Return to Firearms related media and politics