New Victorian Animal Welfare Act/Bill

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

New Victorian Animal Welfare Act/Bill

Post by Oldbloke » 31 Oct 2020, 7:36 am

The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: New Victorian Animal Welfare Act/Bill

Post by mchughcb » 31 Oct 2020, 9:46 am

Well start writing letters.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by RoginaJack » 31 Oct 2020, 1:05 pm

Yes and Under the proposed new Animal and Welfare act, not only Hunters, Fishers and Farmers be affected but so will all the associated Clubs.
This proposed Act will change the above actives as we now know it. Clubs like ADA and SSAA etc. will all but disappear due to lack of membership.
The SSAA has hit the magical 200,000 mark (200,954 as of November, 2020) and with that goal achieved, comes a far greater responsibility in maintaining and growing membership but most importantly, representing members like never before.
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by eddievic » 31 Oct 2020, 1:08 pm

Dang. This is not good news.... probably expected seeing as Animal justice party has one senator and some horse trading happened during covid and this is probably what the govt has to don to get their vote.

I am Surprised this hasn't had more coverage. Haven't seen any Facebook posts, ever YouTube posts about it.

Maybe everyone is out enjoying themselves
117, 22lr, 223, 243, 264, 308, 338, 416, 20g 12g

Soo many, but not enough
eddievic
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 31 Oct 2020, 1:29 pm

Maybe SSAA and other groups will get off their ass now to really contribute.

Who can I write letters to?
Member-Deleted

Post by marksman » 31 Oct 2020, 2:53 pm

BangWhizzClack wrote:Maybe SSAA and other groups will get off their ass now to really contribute.

it would be nice but l highly l doubt it,
SSAA are all about members because they need a reason to have a licence
if they only had member who were members of their sub clubs at there ranges they would be a very small club
more than 95% of members do not use there ranges and are only members for a valid reason to have a firearms licence

you can put in comments on the bottom of the second link OB put up "have your say on a new animal welfare act"
at the moment you can put in multiple comments :thumbsup:

farmers have been talking about this for a while, l heard it would also be necessary for farmers to erect structures for shade/shelter for there animals
little huts for the cows to live in :lol:
what is this world coming to :unknown:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by rc42 » 31 Oct 2020, 3:12 pm

It's always noteworthy that animal welfare legislation seems to be about new controls and restrictions for the average person yet the industrial scale 'RSPCA Approved' slaughter houses continue to operate as they do now.

If people knew the reality of those places there would be a lot more vegans in the world.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by ozzielee303 » 31 Oct 2020, 3:31 pm

Okay
I want to reply to this act,but I'm not real good with words and legal jargon,what would be the best way to fill out the survey,(so it benefits us hunters and fishermen and Farmers)like what options to go for?
I know a few I would go for, but some of them,I do not understand :wtf:
Sorry,just a dumb ex timber worker,that has no timber industry left around here or won't :shock:

Here's a link to it
https://engage.vic.gov.au/new-animal-we ... t-victoria

Can someone help? :thumbsup:

You might have to download the Directions Paper and the Summary of Proposals Paper,to look at it

Cheers
Cheers
ozzielee303
"I'll tell you what rule we applied sir,We applied rule 3-0-3, We caught them and we shot them, under rule 3-0-3." :Lt Harry " Breaker" Morant at his court martial in January 1902.
ozzielee303
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 31 Oct 2020, 3:51 pm

BangWhizzClack wrote:Maybe SSAA and other groups will get off their ass now to really contribute.

Trust me the various deer organizations are mobilizing. I contacted the hierarchy in the ADA and was told they are getting advice, fast. When that's available they will distribute to members.

Take it from someone who has their exact words in the 2012 Game Regulations that writing a lot of snail mail letters makes a difference. Form letters, emails and change.org mean f**kall to bureaucrats. They are easily deleted. Letters are much harder to dispose of and they fill boxes, not thumbdrives.

I didn't agree with either the ADA or the SSAA official positions on some issues and put my own arguments forward to the government and they were accepted.

You can start by.
1. Reading the proposed bill.
2. Understanding what you don't like
3. Creating a list of all pollies you think you can influence
4. Create a polite letter explaining what is wrong with the bill and what you would like to see changed.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 31 Oct 2020, 5:06 pm

mchughcb wrote:

Trust me the various deer organizations are mobilizing. I contacted the hierarchy in the ADA and was told they are getting advice, fast. When that's available they will distribute to members.

Take it from someone who has their exact words in the 2012 Game Regulations that writing a lot of snail mail letters makes a difference. Form letters, emails and change.org mean f**kall to bureaucrats. They are easily deleted. Letters are much harder to dispose of and they fill boxes, not thumbdrives.

I didn't agree with either the ADA or the SSAA official positions on some issues and put my own arguments forward to the government and they were accepted.

You can start by.
4. Create a polite letter explaining what is wrong with the bill and what you would like to see changed

Sounds like good advice to me.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 31 Oct 2020, 9:48 pm

marksman wrote:

it would be nice but l highly l doubt it,
SSAA are all about members because they need a reason to have a licence
if they only had member who were members of their sub clubs at there ranges they would be a very small club
more than 95% of members do not use there ranges and are only members for a valid reason to have a firearms licence

you can put in comments on the bottom of the second link OB put up "have your say on a new animal welfare act"
at the moment you can put in multiple comments :thumbsup:

farmers have been talking about this for a while, l heard it would also be necessary for farmers to erect structures for shade/shelter for there animals
little huts for the cows to live in :lol:
what is this world coming to :unknown:

Our society is dying rapidly because of nonsense like this. Thanks for the advice!
Member-Deleted

Post by Member-Deleted » 31 Oct 2020, 9:48 pm

mchughcb wrote:

You can start by.
4. Create a polite letter explaining what is wrong with the bill and what you would like to see changed.

Will do, thanks mate!
Member-Deleted

Post by Bugman » 01 Nov 2020, 4:09 pm

Got some news for you all. A good mate of mine put in some live rat traps (cages) in a neighbours roof cavity, didn't check it for two days and another nearby resident
found out about it and contacted the RSPCA ( I think) who came around to investigate (jesus...over some scabby rats...go figure) and found a couple alive but in a distressed state (according to the "investigators). They had stern words of warning for my mate over this issue.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 01 Nov 2020, 6:02 pm

Yet - the pricks are content to spread mexo and 1080 and offer up the most inhumane death ever witnessed...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Oldbloke » 02 Nov 2020, 1:12 pm

TassieTiger wrote:Yet - the pricks are content to spread mexo and 1080 and offer up the most inhumane death ever witnessed...

Your right, inhumane. BUT the government released it. Not RSPCA or Greenies. CSIRO and agricultural dept I think.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 03 Nov 2020, 9:58 am

In this day and age I cant believe that hunting is still exempt from cruelty provisions under the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act 1983 (PoCTA).

All animals ARE sentient and should be treated in accordance.

I've seen some hunters do some pretty horrible things. This will hopefully bring some more accountability for their actions.

For the majority of you that do the right thing, you have nothing to worry about
Member-Deleted

Post by TassieTiger » 03 Nov 2020, 10:54 am

Why is it that filming inside an abattoir is illegal ?
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by eddievic » 03 Nov 2020, 1:49 pm

Filming in any workplace without the permission of the owners, managers and all workers should be illegal.

Why don't you tell us TT, i an interested. I think it will make more people vegan even when evening is done properly. Its a gruesome process... should be R18+
117, 22lr, 223, 243, 264, 308, 338, 416, 20g 12g

Soo many, but not enough
eddievic
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 03 Nov 2020, 2:12 pm

eddievic wrote:Filming in any workplace without the permission of the owners, managers and all workers should be illegal.

Why don't you tell us TT, i an interested. I think it will make more people vegan even when evening is done properly. Its a gruesome process... should be R18+

Tell you ? It was a question...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by mchughcb » 14 Dec 2020, 7:24 pm

So who's pulled their finger out and filled out the survey or done a submission?

Only about 3.5 hours before the deadline.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 14 Dec 2020, 7:58 pm

So who has read the 56 pages, plus the 4 page summary then spent 30 minutes filling out the complete survey or did you make your own submission?
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by dugachelli » 14 Dec 2020, 8:30 pm

Everybody please, can we at least stay united and stop fighting each other and slinging mud at those who represent us, ie SSAA and ADA, etc. we must stay united in our common belief concerning our chosen activity and remain strong and determined against those who sole desire in life is to try and strip us of our freedoms ( read camping fishing 4WD driving hunting etc ) before they take it ALL away, don’t believe me? Then look now what is happening in America ( good old USA) right now and what Biden is attempting to do.
They want to do it here too and we need everybody’s eyes and ears on the lookout for every attempt by these people who are just crafty and sneaky in their misguided belief that that we can have a perfect world. They eventually want us to stop eating meat.
Check out......8 predictions of the world in 2030. Or the great reset and/or agenda 21.
Let’s stay united in our fight and don’t forget to financially support the fight as well.
dugachelli
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by mchughcb » 14 Dec 2020, 9:30 pm

Done

AWA_Submission.JPG
AWA_Submission.JPG (104.54 KiB) Viewed 3947 times
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 14 Dec 2020, 9:31 pm

dugachelli wrote:Everybody please, can we at least stay united and stop fighting each other and slinging mud at those who represent us, ie SSAA and ADA, etc. we must stay united in our common belief concerning our chosen activity and remain strong and determined against those who sole desire in life is to try and strip us of our freedoms ( read camping fishing 4WD driving hunting etc ) before they take it ALL away, don’t believe me? Then look now what is happening in America ( good old USA) right now and what Biden is attempting to do.
They want to do it here too and we need everybody’s eyes and ears on the lookout for every attempt by these people who are just crafty and sneaky in their misguided belief that that we can have a perfect world. They eventually want us to stop eating meat.
Check out......8 predictions of the world in 2030. Or the great reset and/or agenda 21.
Let’s stay united in our fight and don’t forget to financially support the fight as well.

Seriously Dude,
You have 1.5 hours to fill in a submission.
Do it.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 14 Dec 2020, 10:08 pm

51 min now.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by boingk » 14 Dec 2020, 10:31 pm

dugachelli wrote:Everybody please, can we at least stay united and stop fighting each other

<snip>

we need everybody’s eyes and ears on the lookout for every attempt by these people who are just crafty and sneaky in their misguided belief that that we can have a perfect world. They eventually want us to stop eating meat.

Stay united, yes.

Believe paranoid propagandist BS? No.

Hope everyone filled in the form wrote a letter or did something.

- boingk
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by mchughcb » 15 Dec 2020, 12:51 pm

Yeah, so how did we all go? Get them submissions in by 11.59pm on the 14th of Dec 2020?

All paid attention to 2.1 if you are a hunter or involved in Pest Management?

Did you decide that we should have Acts, Regulations and Codes of Practice

Or

Acts, Regulations and Guidelines?
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Return to Firearms related media and politics