Well it all makes PERFECT sense now.....

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Well it all makes PERFECT sense now.....

Post by Ziege » 09 Dec 2020, 4:08 pm

Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Re: Well it all makes PERFECT sense now.....

Post by on_one_wheel » 09 Dec 2020, 5:05 pm

Ok ... I doubt there here waiting but I agree with what Stephen Hawking said on the topic.

"The idea that we are alone in the universe seems to me completely implausible and arrogant," he said.

"Considering the number of planets and stars that we know exist, it's extremely unlikely that we are the only form of evolved life.

"If aliens ever visit us, I think the outcome would be much as when Christopher Columbus first landed in America, which didn't turn out very well for the Native Americans."
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Bugman » 09 Dec 2020, 5:10 pm

Well here we go. "Beam me up Scotty"
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by womble » 09 Dec 2020, 5:37 pm

Don’t care who they are.
Speak English or go back to your own planet.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 09 Dec 2020, 5:47 pm

Poor Yiddisher bloke, been in the sun too long and fried his brains. As for Hawkings, brilliant Astro-physicist but like another space scientist and Astronomer Royal Fred Hoyle and his sycophant Wikramasinge an absolutely appalling Evolutionary Biologist. Life on other planets is 99.99999% likely to be still in the unicellular, or at most algae.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 09 Dec 2020, 6:06 pm

There discovering galaxies by the millions now from a csiro radio telescope here in Australia.
I can't wait to see what we'll discover when we get a decent scope on the moon.

Our own galaxy is around 150 000 light years across, when astronomers look at galaxies outside of our own they're seeing what was happening billions of years ago.

I sure hope we're not the only intelligent life out there, after all we really aren't that smart. We do the most stupid and destructive things.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-01/ ... e/12938174
Last edited by on_one_wheel on 09 Dec 2020, 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Ziege » 09 Dec 2020, 6:19 pm

well truth is if any race exists out there, they would have to be able to cover potentially millenia(s) worth of lightyears to get here, so IF they had an interest in doing so that would mean they have exhausted every last advancement their general area in the cosmos they inhabit, the sheer volume of resources needed to get here would be unfathomable.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 09 Dec 2020, 6:21 pm

Ziege wrote:well truth is if any race exists out there, they would have to be able to cover potentially millenia(s) worth of lightyears to get here, so IF they had an interest in doing so that would mean they have exhausted every last advancement their general area in the cosmos they inhabit, the sheer volume of resources needed to get here would be unfathomable.

Absolutely, imagine the desperation required to achieve such things.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Return to Firearms related media and politics