This Organisation Needs Dissolving

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

This Organisation Needs Dissolving

Post by Ziege » 11 Dec 2020, 10:09 am

https://www.guncontrolaustralia.org/how ... _a_firearm

Read through this misinformation garbage, dont make any public corrections to it, god forbid you help them out in some way

just look at it, and shake your head, we need to lobby to have this group dissolved.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Re: This Organisation Needs Dissolving

Post by on_one_wheel » 11 Dec 2020, 10:15 am

They've been at it for years. Just a very small group of grubs operating from a phone booth making lots of noise.

They truly believe that licenced fa owners are a problem.

Samantha Lee needs to get a life.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Noisydad » 11 Dec 2020, 11:30 am

You’ll hear presenters on current affairs shows introducing her as a “lawyer”. She’s not. She’s a legal secretary. She fetches files and makes coffee.
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Ziege » 11 Dec 2020, 12:14 pm

its self evident in their doctrine and propaganda that she isnt remotely educated.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Bugman » 11 Dec 2020, 12:26 pm

I guess all groups have the right to be heard...but this lot should change their name "The Piss and Wind" mob as, really, they have no substance whatsoever.
IMO they are not at all credible, nor truth full in key areas.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Ziege » 11 Dec 2020, 12:39 pm

not to mention their s**ty petition, been up for ages and so far only her echo chamber has commented and signed it... 52 people out of 24million lol...

We are constantly given this narrative that the general population don't want guns, but this simply isn't true, the sheer volume of people I meet that are astounded at the misinformation is evident of it, most have at least some interest in shooting and guns, especially as the world becomes more unstable.

I myself have introduced at least 100+ people to gun ownership in the last 5 years and that's without trying. Most of them believed prior that guns were banned altogether in australia thanks to the likes of teachers, uni professors, and social assholes like GCA. Once they found out that they can legally and recreationally own a firearm they were down the local shop throwing $100 bills around and swiping their credit cards quicker than their accountants could blink.

There is a very keen interest in firearms in this country, as there are in lots of nations world wide. its nothing to be worried about or ashamed of, its a past time, a hobby, a sport and a means of income protection and occupation for others by means of pest control, security and so on. Firearms only have a positive influence on society when in the hands of vetted individuals (outliers exists but every rule has an exception), the problem exists with illegal firearms, none of which we want in society and we are all too happy to be involved in limiting the availability of these as we are the good guys also.

Shooting is one of the fastest growing sports in this country, if it keeps its current trends we will have in excess of 30% of the population either co-owning, owning or participating in firearms and shooting by the year 2040. we are currently over 10% of the population and if you add in other marksman sports, namely archery, we are well in excess of 24% already.

Its about time the media be given the message that vilifying people on behalf of zealots like the very un-factual and opinionated GCA will not be tolerated, I for one would like to see the SSAA, NSA, and other various bodies like ACTA and WAPA and so on do their part more actively to encourage newcomers to the sport, stop out the fudd-ism that is rife with the wallflowers and so on, and lobby against these "interest groups" that spew lie after lie in support of their entirely emotional and irrational beliefs, defaming others (us) to suit their agenda, their lies and misinformation needs to be forced out of publication and addressed post haste when espoused to political groups and other influential bodies.

But most of all everyone who has that mate who might just get interested in guns, or that relative or that co worker, or whatever. get them keen, get them licensed, get them down the range or out bush hunting, The more of us there are the more insurmountable the task of these idiologues get. they will give up.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Member-Deleted » 11 Dec 2020, 5:12 pm

Some thoughts, not opinions. Would it be better to allow such an organisation exist so that those with grievances have something to send money to, but is pretty ineffective? There is always going to be opposition, perhaps it's better they remain incompetent. What do you think?
Member-Deleted

Post by womble » 11 Dec 2020, 6:30 pm

I think they can eat my dick.
Not really worried about those mongs.
The greens firearm policies are the real worry, because they happen.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Farmerpete » 12 Dec 2020, 3:34 am

BangWhizzClack wrote:Some thoughts, not opinions. Would it be better to allow such an organisation exist so that those with grievances have something to send money to, but is pretty ineffective? There is always going to be opposition, perhaps it's better they remain incompetent. What do you think?

Australia actually had a nazi party as a political party shortly after ww2, the government wanted to stop it so they held a referendum the people voted to allow it.

No one voted for them at the election but the people allowed their existence based on the fact that in Australia no matter the beliefs of political parties/associations they have a right to exist.

Trying to have them shut down may actually backfire, it would probably be more beneficial to the shooting community to let them exist and rebut the disinformation through public advertisements.
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by JimTom » 12 Dec 2020, 5:28 am

I had a bit of a poke around in their website and laughed when I read what their argument was for banning noise suppressors. They rebuffed the argument they are to protect the firearm users hearing, and stated that the reason suppressors should remain prohibited is that you can’t run away if you can’t hear the shot. What a lot of misguided rubbish.
Last edited by JimTom on 12 Dec 2020, 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by trekin » 12 Dec 2020, 7:54 am

AHH, yeah, the good old GCA, five people and a fax machine. One often wonders how such a small group can so successfully lobby the Govts and we, as a whole can't. How can it be that such a small group, with only one dedicated goal (the banning of ALL civillian firearm ownership), shape Political Party's and Gov'ts policies. What's their secret? Maybe they studied the NRA and took a leaf out of their book.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdt6Jj64TVU
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 12 Dec 2020, 8:02 am

Farmerpete wrote:
BangWhizzClack wrote:Some thoughts, not opinions. Would it be better to allow such an organisation exist so that those with grievances have something to send money to, but is pretty ineffective? There is always going to be opposition, perhaps it's better they remain incompetent. What do you think?

Australia actually had a nazi party as a political party shortly after ww2, the government wanted to stop it so they held a referendum the people voted to allow it.

No one voted for them at the election but the people allowed their existence based on the fact that in Australia no matter the beliefs of political parties/associations they have a right to exist.

Trying to have them shut down may actually backfire, it would probably be more beneficial to the shooting community to let them exist and rebut the disinformation through public advertisements.

Great example.

Personally I like to watch them continuously fools of themselves.

We should probably send them a Christmas card from the shooting community ...

Mary Christmas GCA
Better luck next year, happy hunting, see you on the range, may your Christmas stocking be full of ammo and a shiny new rifle be under your tree
From the folks at enough gun :)
images.jpeg
images.jpeg (17.7 KiB) Viewed 2962 times
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Madang185 » 12 Dec 2020, 4:42 pm

Interestingly enough I asked the Police Officer who inspected my safe how many problems he had with licensed gun owners. The reply: NONE. Repeated elsewhere.
Ask GCA what happened in the UK after they banned handguns in 1997, perhaps one could suggest that the same problem then still exists. The Police attempt to track down illegal arms when found, usually there is no record of them coming into Australia legally.

The Police Command, Politicians and the media know that we are not the problem but will not acknowledge this fact. GCA and their like refuse to admit facts, it does not fit their position
Madang185
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Quirinus » 16 Dec 2020, 11:15 am

trekin wrote:... One often wonders how such a small group can so successfully lobby the Govts and we, as a whole can't. How can it be that such a small group, with only one dedicated goal (the banning of ALL civillian firearm ownership), shape Political Party's and Gov'ts policies. What's their secret? ...

Perhaps it is the other way around. The gov needs to be seen to act on complaints, so they create a group solely to produce them.

Agenda achieved.
Quirinus
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by No1Mk3 » 16 Dec 2020, 4:06 pm

Madang185 wrote:Perhaps it is the other way around. The gov needs to be seen to act on complaints, so they create a group solely to produce them.

This is close to it, GCA (all 3 of them) work on the old "squeaky axle" principle, loudest noise is heard and treated first. Even though there are only a few of them they have many media friends especially at 7 such as David (I'm a d**khead) Koch etc and the ABC who always run straight to them for comment whenever something happens so they get there half-assed false views into the public arena first and then shooters have to try to refute it often with the same biased journo either refusing to interview or editing such to our detriment. As for closing them they have FAR more political and media clout than us even if we hit 2 million. Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Farmerpete » 16 Dec 2020, 4:49 pm

No1Mk3 wrote: As for closing them they have FAR more political and media clout than us even if we hit 2 million. Cheers.

This is why the $$aa should start running paid advertising promoting target shooting, maybe leave hunting out of it so we don't upset the vegans.
Putting the correct information out there is far more proactive than "working behind the scenes", hell it may even boost their membership.
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by simmo » 16 Dec 2020, 6:14 pm

Don’t stress about these clods. They are amateur and not worth your time. There are more threatening groups about.

Get positive, get a mate who doesn’t shoot out for a shoot. Shout them the ammo and show them the fun they are missing out on :thumbsup:
simmo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Firearms related media and politics