NSWPOL ban another Shotgun, new NSC legal fight

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

NSWPOL ban another Shotgun, new NSC legal fight

Post by NSC » 07 Feb 2021, 8:58 am

In the wake of the Christmas fiasco over the proposed Adler straight pull shotgun ban, NSWPOL have struck again!

A new legal fight is about to begin.

Full story below:

https://nationalshooting.org.au/blog/f/ ... nother-gun

NSC
NSC
Private
Private

Victoria

Re: NSWPOL ban another Shotgun, new NSC legal fight

Post by deye243 » 07 Feb 2021, 1:32 pm

Great news that you are going to stick it up these clowns best of luck with it and thank you very much somebody has to stand up to these dictating morons
deye243
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 07 Feb 2021, 8:07 pm

It would appear nswpol have indeed employed the services of some clowns.
I expect they will be working children’s birthday parties and functions shortly.
Does anyone know if they hire out jumping castles
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 07 Feb 2021, 8:24 pm

Fantastic work NSC!
However I think it's about time the logic and legalities of "appearance laws" is challenged.

Constantly chasing one newly restricted firearm at a time must be costing a fortune for both the complainant (tax payer funded state government authority) and the defendant ... (the NSC and its donating members) its just a blatant waste of tax payer's money for the government to implement a law that doesn't make the public any safer.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by rc42 » 07 Feb 2021, 8:56 pm

Appearance laws are in the state legislation so only state parliaments can take them out and no matter the absurdity, stupidity and unreasonableness of them no MPs are going to suggest or support removing them or the anti-gun media will hound them for being 'weak on guns' and putting the public at risk. Clearly lies but it's never stopped the media before and the only chance of changing it is massive public pressure so write to, call or visit your member now.

All NSC can do is fight how police interpret the legislation as it is written using the legal methods and rights of appeal allowed under the law, police have unlimited funds for such fights but if they keep fighting an losing they will eventually back off.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by boingk » 07 Feb 2021, 8:56 pm

Even the NSWPF deride the Firearms Registry.

Remember, the registry makes the rules, the guys in blue just have to enforce them. The registry might decide to inspect every firearm in the state... but its the guys in blue who get told start of shift that they have to go do it in between domestics, assaults, death messages etc.

This is something that's really irritating me. Appearance laws are total garbage. Here's a great grab from the article:

"The only people affected by the appearance of a firearm are those who would object to the appearance of any firearm anyway.

This is a fight the NSC needs to take on and win, because the next fight could be over a gun that your neighbour has. Then it’ll be a fight over one you have."

Very true.

- boingk
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by Blr243 » 07 Feb 2021, 9:31 pm

What’s the basis for the appearance laws ( from the point of view of weapons licensing ) ? I accept that sks and mini 14 is gone and not coming back, But if a new bolt action comes onto the market but it looks like an sks , and it’s banned because of that, what’s the point of banning a bolt action just because it looks like something that is already banned ? Are weapons licensing offering reasons for their appearance laws? I don’t want a tactical looking gun I’m just curious
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by womble » 08 Feb 2021, 3:57 am

They don’t have reasons, no. Because customs have allready cleared it. Customs does apply the law. and it’s their job to know what they’re looking at. They’re not silly, pretty dam good at their job actually.

So that leaves.
Option 1. Powertrip
Option 2. Clown
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by boingk » 08 Feb 2021, 8:13 am

Powertripping clown? ;D
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by Bugman » 08 Feb 2021, 8:58 am

The powers that be obviously have a hidden agenda, and when this happens, all fairness goes into the too hard basket.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 08 Feb 2021, 12:17 pm

Bugman wrote:The powers that be obviously have a hidden agenda, and when this happens, all fairness goes into the too hard basket.

Their agenda is so big it can't be hidden, it's like a elephant trying to hide behind a stick of bamboo

They'll restrict us out of existence if left unchanged.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 08 Feb 2021, 1:54 pm

womble wrote:They don’t have reasons, no. Because customs have allready cleared it. Customs does apply the law. and it’s their job to know what they’re looking at. They’re not silly, pretty dam good at their job actually.

So that leaves.
Option 1. Powertrip
Option 2. Clown

Lol
I'm thinking I might write to my local MP. I'm very worried about the high percentage of really fast, dangerous looking RED GT striped cars in my area. Some even park near the primary school. Suspicious looking.

Lol
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Firearms related media and politics