New NSC Legal Action against WAPOL

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

New NSC Legal Action against WAPOL

Post by NSC » 15 Feb 2021, 7:32 am

Last week the NSC had a major win against WAPOL reclassifying and banning the Desert Tech SRS rifle in WA.

In retaliation WAPOL lashed out and banned another firearm we previously fought them over in the SAT and "found" new grounds to ban it again!

So its back to court we go again!

Full story is below

https://nationalshooting.org.au/blog/f/ ... WkFNocPtA0

NSC
NSC
Private
Private

Victoria

Re: New NSC Legal Action against WAPOL

Post by Member-Deleted » 15 Feb 2021, 7:51 am

What a joke WAPOL is.
Member-Deleted

Post by rc42 » 15 Feb 2021, 8:40 am

I'm a member of NSC and fully support their legal actions to put a stop to arbitrary 'bans' by state police based on ridiculous appearance laws.
No shooting organization that operates a range will ever be in a position to stand up to the petty, vindictive bullies that all weapons licensing sections are showing themselves to be.

However, it is unfortunate that this case involves the 'Ruger PC Charger' which is not a serious competition pistol but designed to appeal to the wanabe Rambo types that just want others to watch them dump magazines and pretend they have a machine gun. On the other hand, police abuse of such processes will start with firearm designs where there could be some arguments to support them but if unchallenged will quickly move to a lot of other guns until all that's left are the single load .22 Olympic grade rifles.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Southpaw » 16 Feb 2021, 11:42 am

rc42 wrote:However, it is unfortunate that this case involves the 'Ruger PC Charger' which is not a serious competition pistol but designed to appeal to the wanabe Rambo types that just want others to watch them dump magazines and pretend they have a machine gun.

So anyone wanting to shoot a PC charger is a wanabe Rambo type? So I’m guessing you also think anyone shooting single action is a wanabe cowboy? How about IPSC- Wanabe cop? Shooters like you (and I’m assuming you’re a shooter as you’re on this forum) are a big part of the problem.
And FFS. It’s a ten shot shot mag. Same as any other competition semi auto. So I suspect they’ll be “dumping” mags at the same rate as the blokes with the glock 17s.
Southpaw
Recruit
Recruit

Tasmania

Post by rc42 » 16 Feb 2021, 12:07 pm

The PC Charger isn't like other 10 shot semi autos, it's only approved for metallic silhouette competitions and it would be about the worst choice possible for anyone interested in actually competing. It's a range toy for people that want to be watched as they mag dump before heading home in a cloud of blue tyre smoke.
As for your other assumptions, nope, you're on your own there.

Having said that, there is no valid reason for WAPOL or any weapons licensing branch to decide that no civilian can be trusted with it because it's black or whatever criteria they are making up that day. Pistols are only seen inside dealer stores and at the firing line on a pistol range, anyone that finds them too scary looking should probably avoid going to those places.

Hopefully NSC can slap them down again but it looks like this struggle is going to keep playing out until somebody in government notices the wasted tax payer money for no benefit.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Bugman » 16 Feb 2021, 12:40 pm

Yes, I must agree that the PC Charger is a bit over rated for metallic silhouette. But it is the principle WAPOL's actions that are wanting credibility in this matter. I just hope good old WAPOL get their just desserts over this and that the stupidity of their decisions doesn't wander over into other states.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Southpaw » 16 Feb 2021, 1:05 pm

rc42 wrote:It's a range toy for people that want to be watched as they mag dump before heading home in a cloud of blue tyre smoke.

Again with the assumptions.

Considering one of the cases against WAPOL involved a collector, there’s one PC Charger that isn’t a range toy.
Southpaw
Recruit
Recruit

Tasmania

Post by Member-Deleted » 16 Feb 2021, 3:00 pm

If I was going to mag dump, I'd prefer to use a standard semi auto pistol, the Ruger PC Charger I'd get to say "f*** you" to the police.
Member-Deleted

Return to Firearms related media and politics