Colorado supermarket Shooting

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Colorado supermarket Shooting

Post by Oldbloke » 23 Mar 2021, 4:54 pm

When will the US learn that "Something is not right in the state of Denmark."
I learnt a very long time ago. If nothing changes you always get the same result. Over and over and over.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-23/ ... /100023420

Just what is wrong?
Society, gun law, or what?
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: Colorado supermarket Shooting

Post by womble » 23 Mar 2021, 5:52 pm

Just getting back to normal after covid
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 23 Mar 2021, 5:56 pm

womble wrote:Just getting back to normal after covid

It's hard to argue with that
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Wm.Traynor » 23 Mar 2021, 7:01 pm

womble wrote:Just getting back to normal after covid

I was thinking pretty much the same thing.
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by LawrenceA » 23 Mar 2021, 7:23 pm

It's societal mate.
USA is 1st or 2nd in gun ownership. The other being Yemen.
Look at 3rd 4th and fifth.
From memory it is France Germany and somewhere in Scandinavia.
Due to conscription Switzerland has an average of 2 assault rifles in each home.
These places do not have the same issues.

One of my American friends said the whole problem is caused by a bit of paranoia coupled with seeing violence as the first, not last resort.
One well placed shot is all it takes.
LawrenceA
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 23 Mar 2021, 8:23 pm

Not to mention the other epidemic in the US ...
Meth
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by LawrenceA » 23 Mar 2021, 8:24 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:Not to mention the other epidemic in the US ...
Meth

Shame it is not just there.
It is everywhere mate. Sometimes I think it is worse out bush than the city.
One well placed shot is all it takes.
LawrenceA
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 23 Mar 2021, 8:32 pm

LawrenceA wrote:
Meth

The Philippines have the solution
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Wm.Traynor » 23 Mar 2021, 9:56 pm

I lifted/stole a tweet from my feed.

Dear Police,
we know you are not all bad....but as u love to say to us.
"You fit the" description

This was on a placard held by a young, black girl and punctuated according to the placard.
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by Ziege » 23 Mar 2021, 10:39 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:
LawrenceA wrote:
Meth

The Philippines have the solution

sure do, used to get pushed on you all the time over there, how do I know? been there more times than most and mother in law runs an outreach program there for disadvantaged families in provincial areas.

now you would have to make a target out of yourself to try and find some, prior to their war on drug dealers you would face violent threats for not buying it... its the polar opposite now.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Ziege » 23 Mar 2021, 10:42 pm

LawrenceA wrote:
Meth

its just diluted in the city, it stands out more in the rural areas cos of the cliques and demographic divide between townies (usually ones on meth) and farmers etc.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by wanneroo » 24 Mar 2021, 12:35 am

It's interesting how when gun legislation is tabled suddenly there is always a "mass shooting" that happens, often with no explanation why and then the legislators are like we gotta do it now!

We already have 30000 gun laws in the USA and adding another one to the total doesn't change anything. If people want to do evil, they'll do it, as we have seen in recent years in Australia with mass killings with knives and hunting rifles.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Ziege » 24 Mar 2021, 12:47 am

yeah its a matter of the nature of humans, not the devices we make.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by wanneroo » 24 Mar 2021, 12:56 am

Also you might find this interesting, as last week the city of Boulder which had a magazine ban on mags over 10 rounds, had the ban struck down by a district judge in the state of Colorado for violating the states preemption rules.

https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2021 ... urt-n42144

And then boom a week later a mass shooting all the sudden happens in Boulder. Coincidence?
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by womble » 24 Mar 2021, 3:41 am

If you insert Boulder Colorado into the zodiac cipher,
It reads borrow kid's ar15 kill supermarket.

Coincidence... maybe...
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Bugman » 24 Mar 2021, 6:31 am

There was a documentary on tele last night about the right of carrying loaded firearms, etc etc, I agreed with some of it but other parts left me a bit cold.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by straightshooter » 24 Mar 2021, 6:34 am

The shooter was Ahmad Al-Issa.
So expect little or nothing about the shooter and heaps of media cackle on gun control and islamophobia.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Ziege » 24 Mar 2021, 11:46 am

no doubt a few allahu akbars were thrown in then, but dont let that get in the way... dont you know it was cos the gun was black and scary looking that it came to life and forced the guy to shoot.... fmd
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by trekin » 24 Mar 2021, 11:48 am

wanneroo wrote:Also you might find this interesting, as last week the city of Boulder which had a magazine ban on mags over 10 rounds, had the ban struck down by a district judge in the state of Colorado for violating the states preemption rules.

And then boom a week later a mass shooting all the sudden happens in Boulder. Coincidence?

Purely coincidendal. same as these no doubt.
The violence in Boulder was America’s seventh mass shooting in seven days.

On March 16, eight people were killed as a gunman attacked a series of spas in Atlanta, Georgia.

The next day, five people were injured in a drive-by shooting in Stockton, California.

On March 18, four people were shot and taken to hospital in Gresham, Oregon.

On March 20, five people were shot at a club in Houston, Texas.

The same day, eight people were shot in Dallas, resulting in one death.

And a shooting at a party in Philadelphia, also on March 20, killed one person and injured five more.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Ziege » 24 Mar 2021, 11:54 am

wanneroo wrote:Also you might find this interesting, as last week the city of Boulder which had a magazine ban on mags over 10 rounds, had the ban struck down by a district judge in the state of Colorado for violating the states preemption rules.

hah sounds about right, after all MK ultra is declassified, what programs are still classified?
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by womble » 24 Mar 2021, 3:01 pm

My initial comment was wrong. Last year was particularly bad year for the US with 578 mass shootings in total.
2019 had 417. Still above average for them.
I just think this year will be worse. The crazies have been festering in lockdowns.

Mk ultra was the 50’s.
Psyops have advanced well beyond early CIA tech
Today we have Russian and Chinese bots flooding any western internet platforms that harbour radicals to incite violence against the state. The war against western democracies has long since started in cyberspace.
Only this year ASIO dropped all left and right terminology for radical groups. It’s just deemed irrelevant now. The communists don’t focus on any particular groups or ideologies, just so long as they’re anti-government in a democratic homeland.
Even the well established far right networks are losing patronage fast, as they defect to even stranger incel networks with even weirder anti government theories.
It’s the new age of mind hacking.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 24 Mar 2021, 5:51 pm

womble wrote:Psyops have advanced well beyond early CIA tech
Today we have Russian and Chinese bots flooding any western internet platforms that harbour radicals to incite violence against the state. The war against western democracies has long since started in cyberspace.
Only this year ASIO dropped all left and right terminology for radical groups. It’s just deemed irrelevant now. The communists don’t focus on any particular groups or ideologies, just so long as they’re anti-government in a democratic homeland.
Even the well established far right networks are losing patronage fast, as they defect to even stranger incel networks with even weirder anti government theories.

I agree with this view, foreign countries have try to destabilise a lot of the democratic countries by turning the population against their own government with conspiracy theories and movements. I do believe that their were some murmurs about foreign agents and local anarchists using “black lives matter” for their own agenda .Facebook and social media are the ultimate brainwashing tool
Not to say the mainstream media isn’t doing a great job in shaping public opinion already. And their not accountable. Mainstream media scare me more than our dodgy politicians
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by wanneroo » 24 Mar 2021, 11:56 pm

Well like a lot of these mass shooters "he was known to the FBI". I think our FBI is getting pretty useless.

Also an ISIS sympathizer and his name came up on the radar at the FBI because he was networking with someone from ISIS.

Yet another example of importing a "refugee" that hates our guts and is here to kill us.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Ziege » 25 Mar 2021, 12:50 am

yep
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by womble » 25 Mar 2021, 3:04 am

Yep, but he did’nt hate your guts until he was radicalised on your soil.
Networking with someone from “isis” means you’re chatting with Russians in Syria, who killed the isis op years ago and now man his station.

You Americans are so blissfully unaware the barbarians are right at your gates. Years of Putin pretending to be Trumps best buddy. Meanwhile turning your own countrymen against each other. You are so distracted and divided by the turmoils your real enemies have manifested there. You forget your own history. The old guard has scores to settle. They will restore the honour mother Russia.
So self involved in your own narcissism, the show must go own, the president needs the network ratings.
Literally everyone who had their eyes peeled on national security. Your best and your brightest. Trump fired them to satiate his own ego.
You’ve pulled back all the control you had over the outlying territories. The balance of global power has shifted so far it would take another 50 years to claw it back.
You don’t realise how lucky you are to have the dems back on point and checking the east at every move on the board. But perhaps it’s too late to save an empire so ingeniously ripened for harvest.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 25 Mar 2021, 9:48 am

womble wrote:My initial comment was wrong. Last year was particularly bad year for the US with 578 mass shootings in total.
2019 had 417. Still above average for them.
I just think this year will be worse. The crazies have been festering in lockdowns.

Mk ultra was the 50’s.
Psyops have advanced well beyond early CIA tech

The government isn't doing themselves any favours.
Member-Deleted

Post by Farmerpete » 25 Mar 2021, 11:46 am

Larry have you tried to get free health care in Australia sure "non elective" surgery is done pretty quickly ie. things that are life threatening, try getting a knee or hip replacement or wisdom teeth removed etc.etc you'll be on a list for the rest of your life.

It's also not that free we pay an ambulance levy and Medicare levy (which is higher if you don't have private insurance) your "free" health care isn't so free when you actually look into it
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by wanneroo » 25 Mar 2021, 12:06 pm

The US has a lot of problems but all western countries have the same issues in one form or another. Australia has no shortage of crime and killings.

Womble seems to be making this terrorist a victim but more came out today that not only did he have a conviction for assault but a past history at his high school of menacing and attacking other students and telling them if he was reported that he would allege some hate crime or racist slander to get back at them. Also threatened to kill his whole wrestling team, but nothing was done about it. Yet we are supposed to wring our hands and take the blame for his actions. We need to get back to personal ownership for your own behavior.

Western countries keep letting in people that hate their country and then are surprised when they commit violent or criminal acts? How's those Somali gangs doing in Melbourne?

The King Soopers Supermarket in Boulder was a "gun free zone". How'd that work out? It's interesting how these terrorists always target "gun free zones".

Joe Biden wants us to disarm but threw the Mexican border open so gangs and terrorists can flood in. The left always takes the approach of creating more chaos and crime but wanting ordinary people to give up their means of defending themselves.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by womble » 25 Mar 2021, 4:26 pm

Thanks but no thanks.
Australia s**ts all over the US in all global rankings, living standards, quality of life, freedom.
We do pay higher taxes though for all this. But then we get better wages and work leave here by far.

Back on topic, why the dramatic rise in mass shootings there over the past few years ?
I think this article breaks it down https://theconversation.com/mass-shootings-in-the-us-have-risen-sharply-in-2020-why-150981

And yes i chose an unbiased source https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-conversation/
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Robin » 25 Mar 2021, 8:24 pm

There is no reason for a mass shooting, its crazy whats happening over there and yet nothing gets done about it, yes knives can kill and even a .22 bolt action can kill many, however a ar15 can kill alot more in a short amount of time and put into the wrong hands, anything can happen.

While the US is having all these mass shootings, our public and Pollies are going to look at the US for example , we will never get automatics or semi autos while these shootings keep happening, I know im very safe and I'm assuming most hear are safe also, however what happens over there, gives our Pollies the ammo they need to stop us from having all the fun toys.
Robin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics