Can you hear the war drums beating?

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Can you hear the war drums beating?

Post by Member-Deleted » 18 Apr 2021, 1:19 pm

Member-Deleted

Re: Can you hear the war drums beating?

Post by boingk » 18 Apr 2021, 6:28 pm

With over 40,000 gun deaths and 500 mass shootings last year alone, I'm not surprised.
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by deye243 » 18 Apr 2021, 6:42 pm

And over 350 million citizens what is your point
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bah! » 18 Apr 2021, 6:54 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_m ... es_in_2021

Would they really be war drums if it's gun control they're talking about?
bah!
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Noisydad » 18 Apr 2021, 6:57 pm

Here’s link to a US CDC document that clearly shows there are several means of death way common than firearms related ones. Firearms control is just an easily saleable means of control of the population.
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/injury.htm
Last edited by Noisydad on 18 Apr 2021, 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by womble » 18 Apr 2021, 7:23 pm

deye243 wrote:And over 350 million citizens what is your point

Currently about 70% of them are pissed off about it.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 18 Apr 2021, 8:07 pm

Bangwhizzcrap:

Up to your usual political beat ups or is it scare mongering?

What the hell has proposed gun control measures in the USA got to do with "war drums"?
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 18 Apr 2021, 8:11 pm

I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 18 Apr 2021, 8:18 pm

womble wrote:Image

Sad, but apears to be true.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bah! » 18 Apr 2021, 9:41 pm

Noisydad wrote:Here’s link to a US CDC document that clearly shows there are several means of death way common than firearms related ones.

Yes but that doesn't mean that people aren't also working to prevent those accidental deaths too.
bah!
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Baronvonrort » 18 Apr 2021, 9:51 pm

boingk wrote:With over 40,000 gun deaths and 500 mass shootings last year alone, I'm not surprised.

About 10,000 firearm homicides according to FBI with the rest being suicide. Can any of the gun grabbers or FUDDS explain how banning semi auto rifles will have any effect on firearm suicides do those who kill themselves with a gun need a rapid fire or does one shot usually do it?

Since you claimed 500 mass shootings last year you must be using Gun Violence Archive for numbers their methods are flawed they include defensive gun use against home invaders, robbers and rapists in their numbers when those who use a gun for self defence aren't usually charged with anything. The media usually quote this flawed group hence why they're called fake news.
Rather than just collecting incidents of death, GVA also catalogs incidents where a victim was injured by shooting or by a victim who was the subject of an armed robber or home invader.Incidents of defensive gun use, home owners who stop a home invasion, store clerks who stop a robbery, individuals who stop an assault or rape with a gun are also collected. The overall goal is to provide information on most types of gun violence, and gun crime, no matter where it is on the political table.
https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/methodology

With the GVA method for counting mass shootings we would have quite a few since 1996 including the Monash University shooting.

If we are going to be honest with comparing the US to Australia then we must use the same definition for mass shootings as it's dishonest to use different definitions yet the gun grabbers and FUDDS have no problem with this type of dishonesty.
Main Outcomes and Measures
Changes in mass fatal shooting incidents (defined as ≥5 victims, not including the perpetrator)

Conclusions and Relevance

Following enactment of gun law reforms in Australia in 1996, there were no mass firearm killings through May 2016. There was a more rapid decline in firearm deaths between 1997 and 2013 compared with before 1997 but also a decline in total nonfirearm suicide and homicide deaths of a greater magnitude.Because of this, it is not possible to determine whether the change in firearm deaths can be attributed to the gun law reforms.
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2530362

Mother Jones a leftist publication has been tracking mass shootings since 1982 they say 124 mass shootings since 1982, if we use the Australian definition of 5 or more killed mass shooting numbers in the US drop to 96 mass shootings since 1982.
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/12/mass-shootings-mother-jones-full-data/

Our forum member with Krusty the clown avatar who likes big guns said journalists were the biggest bunch of drunks he has ever met which this study backs up. https://www.businessinsider.com.au/journalists-brains-function-at-a-lower-level-than-average-2017-5?r=US&IR=T
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Baronvonrort » 18 Apr 2021, 10:02 pm

These school shootings didn't happen before schools became gun free zones.

Penn and Teller explain the 2A here- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx23c84obwQ
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by boingk » 18 Apr 2021, 11:49 pm

Good stat grabs there guys, way better info than my quick search turned up.

As for population contorl, if they (the govt) really wanted to crush you - utterly and copletely crush you - they would. They've got an army, with tanks and planes and all sorts of crap to throw into the equation.

And 99% of the boogaloo crew wouldn't do a goddamn thing, no matter how many tac-web bag and AR15's they have.

And you know it.

- boingk
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by Skinna » 18 Apr 2021, 11:55 pm

Oldbloke wrote:

If you have a society that is to stupid to recognise it has a culture problem, &/or not want to or be bothered to change its poor culture & general attitude(s), then stupidity & greed will combine to convince us that ridiculous slogans & meme's like this one are logical & pro-active :roll: , but which actually serve as nothing more than to pass blame on to the intelligent & responsible folk, & project them as being the cause, & also to dumb down the cultural problem (if not completely ignore it..!!..) to the point of believing this & other similar type slogans are the most simplistic & obvious ways forward, when infact they will achieve little if anything & are just costly & impractical.

To put this in perspective for you two fellow's, you are effectively calling everyone here, as being in support of the utterly & dumbfoundingly stupid slogan above, INCLUDING YOURSELVES...!!

Think about this fukn left wing totalitarian rubbish you are plastering here & agreeing with...i mean actually think about what you are saying--meaning beyond the utterly simplistic, & in its full entirety...!!!

Old Bloke, like myself, you were around before the steal back & brainwashing of our society...& id hazard a pretty good guess, that in at least 25% of the houses in the streets both you & i lived in, there were rifles & shotguns behind bedroom doors, under Dads side of the bed, & stuffed both in & on top of wardrobes, or like i grew up with, hung on all the walls in the shed with the pool table, & we had little if ANY culture problem with firearms...bar the odd exception of suicide that wouldve happened with or without a gun...!!!!
Infact, attitudes were quite different indeed...to the point of that old fashioned word we here seldom these days---dare i say it--??---RESPECT...!!!...(& not to mention FEAR if we got caught shooting sparows on the neighbours lawn).

So stop with agreeing with this leftist bullsh!t & put your efforts into addressing the culture problems we, & other modern Western societies have, & stop blaming the guns, & the people that use them...!!!

Womble, i dont know how old you are...honestly, im sure there are 3 of you sometimes ranging in age from 11, all the way through to eleven-teen... :lol:

We are so lazy as a society & just want the easy way out...but there is NO easy way out of a bad cultural problem--thats the case in nature, & we humans make it worse for ourselves than we need to..!!
Skinna
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Skinna » 18 Apr 2021, 11:59 pm

boingk wrote:Good stat grabs there guys, way better info than my quick search turned up.

As for population contorl, if they (the govt) really wanted to crush you - utterly and copletely crush you - they would. They've got an army, with tanks and planes and all sorts of crap to throw into the equation.

And 99% of the boogaloo crew wouldn't do a goddamn thing, no matter how many tac-web bag and AR15's they have.

And you know it.

- boingk

You are hedging all your bets that the excess of greed, over-entitlement & self-righteousness we are drowning in these days, will not go full circle & one day implode on itself...no matter how many AR platforms they do, or do not have... :problem: .
You seem to be conveniently forgetting the fukkery that ensued in the USA with rioting (dare i say) Black skinned folk last year & how long that took to burn itself out :unknown:
Skinna
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by deye243 » 19 Apr 2021, 12:31 am

Skinna wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:

Old Bloke, like myself, you were around before the steal back & brainwashing of our society...& id hazard a pretty good guess, that in at least 25% of the houses in the streets both you & i lived in, there were rifles & shotguns behind bedroom doors, under Dads side of the bed, & stuffed both in & on top of wardrobes, or like i grew up with, hung on all the walls in the shed with the pool table, & we had little if ANY culture problem with firearms...bar the odd exception of suicide that wouldve happened with or without a gun...!!!!

Yep all off ours were on the loungeroom and bedroom walls
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 19 Apr 2021, 2:37 am

I have’nt agreed or disagreed with anything :D
I don’t have a solution for their problem. I’m just glad i don’t live there.
Op’s video did’nt offer a solution either.

It’s understandable that Americans are upset and hope for improvement. In my opinion if you don’t like it there, leave. :violin:

And now that you have my opinion, feel free to critique skinna :thumbsup:
Last edited by womble on 19 Apr 2021, 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 19 Apr 2021, 2:40 am

The American conservative is the last stand worldwide against the Great Reset agenda.

This is why they are pulling out all the stops with violence in the cities, hysterical news reporting, endless laws and mandates being proposed by the biden administration, mysterious unexplained "mass" shootings.

So we will see extraordinary pressure, emotional manipulation, threats, direct action and all sorts of shenanigans to destroy the American conservative here in the next couple of years. Expect the drama and hysteria to increase dramatically.

As every Communist revolutionary knows, you've got to get the guns to win. This is why the leftist run democrat cities where it's very hard to own, buy or carry a gun is where all the violence is. The communists know that you don't mess with places like where I live. Hence they will use their pals in the biden administration and government to pass the rules they need to suppress and make it difficult to own a gun. A lot of states and localities now are considering becoming 2nd Amendment sanctuaries.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by wanneroo » 19 Apr 2021, 2:49 am

womble wrote:I have’nt agreed or disagreed with anything :D
I don’t have a solution for their problem. I’m just glad i don’t live there.
Op’s video did’nt offer a solution either.

It’s understandable that Americans are upset and hope for improvement. In my opinion if you don’t like it there, leave. :violin:

Statistically most of the USA is some of the safest places in the world to be, including Australia and most other western countries. In many counties here in the USA there is literally zero crime.

If you want trouble though go to a Democratic Party run city like Oakland, CA or Detroit, MI, they are complete hellholes and deliberately so. They are the Venezuelas and Zimbabwes of the USA, run with the same mindset by corrupt politicians.

The USA is a very successful country so a lot of countries and people want it brought down. This concept of individual freedom is not something that can co exist with totalitarian or authoritarian mindsets. So China is doing everything they can to undermine us and we have a lot of left wingers that want to turn the USA into something unrecognizable.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by womble » 19 Apr 2021, 3:23 am

I know that wanneroo. Western Sydney has the highest drive by shootings stats per capita in the world. Trending upwards spiral since around 2012. And we have very strict gun laws. Makes zero difference. Laws only apply to law abiding people.

I don’t think any level of gun control would make any difference there in regards to crime.
There, here or anywhere else, criminals don’t follow the laws.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by straightshooter » 19 Apr 2021, 7:33 am

Having read through most of this thread and with recollections of other threads, I get the feeling I am playing spot the manchurian candidate influencers.
Could one of them be Ron f*****g Swanson?
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 19 Apr 2021, 7:43 am

I'm guessing 99% of US citizens would like to see a pretty significant reduction in these gun deaths. All murders in fact.

If you want change for the better there must be change. Its pretty basic.

IMO there needs to be changes in three key areas,

Social,
Cultural.
Gun laws.

Seems to me only trained & responsible people should own/use firearms. Anyone who disagrees with laws that are designed to ensure that is a bit of a nong.

If you keep baking the cake using the same recipe and its a flop, expect more flops.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 19 Apr 2021, 8:22 am

Wannaroo, which states/ towns do you think are better than Australia for crime?

Detroit, could it be more to do with the fact that it's low socio-economic and high african americanised population.

Lol at everyone else here. Why do we keep trying to compare Australia with USA, and only thinking USA is better because guns
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 19 Apr 2021, 8:28 am

Oldbloke wrote:I'm guessing 99% of US citizens would like to see a pretty significant reduction in these gun deaths. All murders in fact.

Social,
Cultural.
Gun laws.

Seems to me only trained & responsible people should own/use firearms. Anyone who disagrees with laws that are designed to ensure that is a bit of a nong.

If you keep baking the cake using the same recipe and its a flop, expect more flops.

I agree with you OB

I thank god that we don’t have the same gun laws as America, I can think of lots of idiots I’ve met in my life that should not have access to firearms
And none of these people I’m thinking of have a diagnosed mental health issue, some are just dumb f@kwits who do dumb sh!t when they get on the booze or have a fight with the missus
I think Canada has high firearms ownership and I believe the Swiss have “assault “ rifles in lots of homes over there. So the difference is a cultural one from my view
Anyway, that’s my two cents
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 19 Apr 2021, 9:51 am

bigrich wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:I'm guessing 99% of US citizens would like to see a pretty significant reduction in these gun deaths. All murders in fact.

Social,
Cultural.
Gun laws.

I agree with you OB

I thank god that we don’t have the same gun laws as America, I can think of lots of idiots I’ve met in my life that should not have access to firearms
And none of these people I’m thinking of have a diagnosed mental health issue, some are just dumb f@kwits who do dumb sh!t when they get on the booze or have a fight with the missus

I think Canada has high firearms ownership and I believe the Swiss have “assault “ rifles in lots of homes over there. So the difference is a cultural one from my view
Anyway, that’s my two cents

Yep, agree. Like it or not we need balanced gun laws.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 19 Apr 2021, 12:11 pm

Yes OB , we need balanced gun laws on account of the unbalanced people in our society
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 19 Apr 2021, 2:29 pm

bigrich wrote:Yes OB , we need balanced gun laws on account of the unbalanced people in our society

:clap: :clap:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bah! » 19 Apr 2021, 4:35 pm

wanneroo wrote:The American conservative is the last stand worldwide against the Great Reset agenda.

This is why they are pulling out all the stops with violence in the cities, hysterical news reporting, endless laws and mandates being proposed by the biden administration, mysterious unexplained "mass" shootings.

So we will see extraordinary pressure, emotional manipulation, threats, direct action and all sorts of shenanigans to destroy the American conservative here in the next couple of years. Expect the drama and hysteria to increase dramatically.

As every Communist revolutionary knows, you've got to get the guns to win. This is why the leftist run democrat cities where it's very hard to own, buy or carry a gun is where all the violence is. The communists know that you don't mess with places like where I live. Hence they will use their pals in the biden administration and government to pass the rules they need to suppress and make it difficult to own a gun. A lot of states and localities now are considering becoming 2nd Amendment sanctuaries.

This is the best satire I've ever read on any site.
bah!
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by womble » 19 Apr 2021, 5:57 pm

Well at least you found a way to make sense of it bah :thumbsup:

Democracy is literally the opposite of communism and age old enemies. We’re literally gearing up for war right now.
So that’s probably his most twisted reality to date. Sure as s**t is entertaining though. :thumbsup:
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 19 Apr 2021, 6:10 pm

It's not reality. But that's what the US ppl are lead to believe. That they are the guardians of liberty, Gods gift to the earth and the righteous, the liberators from the evil.

What's funny is that a large percentage of the population won't know Australia from Indonesia nor Austria

If you asked the people that have been "liberated" by direct action of American military or indirectly, or countries where Americans have installed a dictator and then a number of years later toppled the Dictator after labelling them the Evil one, thus in the process installing another Dictator...........they might say something else.
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics