Extreme Force-VicPol's behaviour during storage inspection.

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Extreme Force-VicPol's behaviour during storage inspecti

Post by NSC » 13 Jun 2021, 9:34 am

InisBineest wrote:NSC, is there any reportable progress on this one?

The NSC will be providing an update on this matter shortly!

NSC
NSC
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Downunder » 13 Jun 2021, 9:35 am

People who defend this kind of authoritarian violence are no better than those who perpetrate it.
Downunder
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Robin » 13 Jun 2021, 10:53 am

ZaineB wrote:
rossfrb wrote:The article states that the police were plain clothed.
I don't know under what circumstances or role Vic police wear civies instead of a uniform.
This guy was out on a farm in regional Victoria - he'd likely know the local copper
This doesnt sound like your local coppers to me, which makes it even more odd.
Be interesting to find out the full truth of the matter.
rb

I personally dont think there should be any unmarked cars, plain clothes cops, or anything clandestine about publicly paid officers, if they want to wear trendy outfits and feel powerful they should stick to private security gigs, there is absolutely no reason for police to be in unmarked vehicles and or not be wearing a standardized uniform.

I really hope the story is true, otherwise the cops are copping it for no reason, and there job is already hard enough without this crap, not all cops are bad, and most of them are good, like every workplace, you will get a few bad guys.

If the cops are in the wrong then they are wrong and hopefully they get punished because of it, now days alot of houses have security cams, my place has a few, not to catch the bad cops, but to act as a deterrent, and if someone does do the wrong thing, including the cops, then my cams will catch them before they get in.

If a cop was to want to get into my house, then I would need ID from them, and if no ID, then I would call 000 as I will assume something bad will happen, at least if something does happen, then I would have a time stamp from my cams and call.

When you have a child, does the child decide to be naughty infront of there parents or when there parents are not near them, mine will wait till im out of the room, this is the same with cops, its hard to catch someone in the act if the crook knows there is a cop near them, they will just find a hiding spot to do it making it harder for the cops to get them, having a plain clothes cop gives the cops a chance to catch the crooks in the act, as long as they have ID before ordering me to do anything, then I don't have a issue.
Robin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 16 Jun 2021, 8:03 pm

This whole incident/issue highlights the simple fact that we have no "uniform" gun /firearm laws in Australia.
I may be proven incorrect, but the last time I checked,,,
In Qld,,,, F/arm owners are given 24 hrs notice of an impending security/storage inspection.

It seems that this whole ugly situation could have been totally avoided,,,,, if Vic had the same legislation.

However this pans out,,, I just hope the old fella will be ok.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 18 Jun 2021, 3:28 pm

Die Judicii wrote:This whole incident/issue highlights the simple fact that we have no "uniform" gun /firearm laws in Australia.
I may be proven incorrect, but the last time I checked,,,
In Qld,,,, F/arm owners are given 24 hrs notice of an impending security/storage inspection.

It seems that this whole ugly situation could have been totally avoided,,,,, if Vic had the same legislation.

However this pans out,,, I just hope the old fella will be ok.

Its actually 48 hours by law in Queensland. So long as you don't have them in your physical possession, otherwise it is immediately. If they are locked up in your safe they are not in your physical possession, they are in your possession but not physical possession. The law distinguishes between the two terms. I have had firearms for years and have never had a police inspection. People that have had them tell me that in practise the police ring you up and you agree on a date and time a couple weeks in advance.

Police powers and responsibilities act 2000.
Section 25
Attachments
A64ADEAC-2BDD-48CA-B868-1E42D6837265.jpeg
A64ADEAC-2BDD-48CA-B868-1E42D6837265.jpeg (348.96 KiB) Viewed 1572 times
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics