WW3 ?

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: WW3 ?

Post by on_one_wheel » 16 May 2021, 4:39 pm

womble wrote:Israeli fighter jet over gaza. Trying to get to his target and deliver. Nice flying, well theres none better.
So you can see the jet releasing flares to draw the heat seeking missiles. That will be rpg’s .
And trying to stay out of the anti aircraft gunnery. The tracer rounds highlighting that.

No i did’nt post it. View count is low because it’s not supposed to be online.

@ 22 seconds 8-)
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by womble » 16 May 2021, 4:51 pm

Haha i know right. Probably about 6,000 rounds missed him by a bees dick.
King Kong balls.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by JimTom » 16 May 2021, 5:53 pm

womble wrote:Israeli fighter jet over gaza. Trying to get to his target and deliver. Nice flying, well theres none better.
So you can see the jet releasing flares to draw the heat seeking missiles. That will be rpg’s .
And trying to stay out of the anti aircraft gunnery. The tracer rounds highlighting that.

No i did’nt post it. View count is low because it’s not supposed to be online.

Flares will not defeat RPG’s. RPG’s are not heat seeking.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by womble » 16 May 2021, 6:40 pm

What are they using ?
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 16 May 2021, 7:06 pm

womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by JimTom » 16 May 2021, 7:30 pm

womble wrote:What are they using ?

Not sure mate.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by cz515 » 17 May 2021, 10:14 am

I just think this explains the situation, you out camping and a mozzie is buzzing around your head maybe even tries bites you (except you have a fly screen around your body). To retaliate against the fly you spray the whole forest with insecticide.

The the example above the mozzie is hamas, and you are Israel.... actually thinking that I could change Israel to China and mozzie to Australian, if China tried to invade Australia.
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 18 May 2021, 12:27 pm

cz515 wrote:I just think this explains the situation, you out camping and a mozzie is buzzing around your head maybe even tries bites you (except you have a fly screen around your body). To retaliate against the fly you spray the whole forest with insecticide.

The the example above the mozzie is hamas, and you are Israel.... actually thinking that I could change Israel to China and mozzie to Australian, if China tried to invade Australia.

Mozzies are deadly :thumbsup:
Member-Deleted

Post by Oldbloke » 23 Jun 2021, 12:54 pm

The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 23 Jun 2021, 7:43 pm

Oldbloke wrote:It's still happening.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-23/ ... /100236920

Its turning into a game of cat and mouse.
One slip up and $hit will get real, we'll have US aircraft carriers parked off Darwin soon.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by duncan61 » 23 Jun 2021, 9:10 pm

Marine Rotational Force – Darwin
Marine Rotational Force-Darwin is a United States Marine Corps Marine Air-Ground Task Force based at Matilda Lines at Robertson Barracks and at RAAF Base Darwin.
They are already here
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 23 Jun 2021, 10:35 pm

duncan61 wrote:Marine Rotational Force – Darwin
Marine Rotational Force-Darwin is a United States Marine Corps Marine Air-Ground Task Force based at Matilda Lines at Robertson Barracks and at RAAF Base Darwin.
They are already here

I understand that, they've had a presence in the top end for a very long time with bombers in and out of Tindal, heavy presence at pine gap and the seasonal training of marines in Darwin.
Parking a carrier off Darwin as a form of preparedness is slightly different, thats a big investment.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 24 Jun 2021, 6:47 am

Are they on Christmas Is?
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Robin » 24 Jun 2021, 8:25 am

I rather have the US training here and ready to help if needed then not be here,.

What would be interesting is if China does start a war, who will be on there side and who against, I can only think of North Korea and Russia on there side, against them would be US, Australia, UK, India, you might get a few of the Middle east countries go on China's side, however I cant see them and China seeing eye to eye.
Robin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by cz515 » 24 Jun 2021, 9:47 pm

With respect, you obviously don't know much about world politics.

As someone told me the other day. Everything that goes up must come down.

History has a habit of repeating itsself, Every superpower eventually dies. In the last couple hundred years there have been a few, Be it Portuguese, English, Russian, German, America and now China.

And like all dying animals a superpower is the most aggressive in its last breath
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 25 Jun 2021, 9:24 am

The flashpoint is Taiwan. The communists want to occupy the island from the nationalists.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 25 Jun 2021, 9:45 am

Yep. If China can take Taiwan they will have sovereignty over the South China Sea and all the untapped riches beneath it.
This is yet another oil war, not bad for a planet that "wants" to go clean and green.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by duncan61 » 25 Jun 2021, 10:34 am

If China do go for Taiwan they will learn very quickly just what Britain France and the US have pointed at them.I predict the entire South Sea Fleet of China will be nuetralized in 48 Hours.If you cant land troops its not your turf and I feel for any troop ships halfway over
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 25 Jun 2021, 10:58 am

The Germans learnt in the Battle of Brittain that if you do not control the skies a sea invasion is impossible. The Americans dominate the air and the seas so China has no chance. The only unknown is what secret weapons they have to unleash. The Russians are said to have a weapon that can control the seas and launch a massive wall of water to destroy coastal areas.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by duncan61 » 25 Jun 2021, 11:06 am

China will claim Western aggression but please explain why your Army Navy and Airforce are heading towards Taiwan.Or rather whats left of it.Then if China try ICBM nice old Joe will have his diaper changed and sat by a warm fire .The Generals will take over and completely annihalite Nth Korea once and for all and a bit of China.All this radiation forever is as real as AGW/CC.People are living in Hiroshima and Nagasaki and in Fukushima.Chernobyl is habitable there are animals wandering all over it.There is just no reason to go there.I personally have had enough of everyone conceding we are going to be taken over by China.Anytime an invading force has to cross a sea it is vunerable.
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by duncan61 » 25 Jun 2021, 11:10 am

We posted same time and I was going to mention the history of the battle of Britain.
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 25 Jun 2021, 6:22 pm

Yes, its a worry.

What is it with some "leaders", never happy, want more, more, more. Never happy, you can only screw so many women and eat so much steak.

Before WW11 the poms let Hitler get away with murder at the start/before to avoid a war. IMO better to react early to keep them "under control".
Good to have the yanks her IMO. More the merrier. Yes we may become a target, but, what are the options.

I think a few wars have started with a person fired when they shouldn't have. The yanks have about 10x the nukes that China have. (by all reports) So if it gets that bad its time to bend over and kiss your ass good bye.

Remember "the beach" with Gregory Peck

Oh, and if Russia & China sign a "treaty" the planet is "fuked". And so are we.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bah! » 25 Jun 2021, 7:09 pm

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:The Russians are said to have a weapon that can control the seas and launch a massive wall of water to destroy coastal areas.

Did you learn that on youtube?
bah!
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by bah! » 25 Jun 2021, 7:11 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
Oh, and if Russia & China sign a "treaty" the planet is "fuked". And so are we.

Politically Russia is closer to the US, under trump at least, than China. And really the chinese are investing more in green initiatives than australia is. As for russia, they're as likely to spend on green initiatives as the USA was, under Trump.
bah!
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Bill » 25 Jun 2021, 7:35 pm

duncan61 wrote:If China do go for Taiwan they will learn very quickly just what Britain France and the US have pointed at them.I predict the entire South Sea Fleet of China will be nuetralized in 48 Hours.If you cant land troops its not your turf and I feel for any troop ships halfway over

The J20 jet is a piece of s**t, crappy engines that last phark all. Seems you can reverse engineer lots of things except 70 yrs of Jet engine turbine IP :lol:
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Robin » 25 Jun 2021, 8:00 pm

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:The flashpoint is Taiwan. The communists want to occupy the island from the nationalists.

He's something to think about, China makes 5% and Taiwan makes 6% of the world semiconductors , if China was to take over Taiwan, that would give them 11% of semiconductor manufacturing, that's a big number and a big boost to there economy, plus what ever else Taiwan makes.

That's a pretty good reason for China in take over, we will see what happens.
Robin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 03 Jul 2021, 5:35 pm

It's starting to sound like Xi is looking for a reason to start a war. Rhetoric is getting more "threatening" if you ask me.

Perhaps he wants to go down in history as world leader,,,,or what ever.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-01/ ... /100260260

To me the worrying aspect is Chinese leaders have no regard for life. So sacrificing a few million citizens in order to go down in history as some sort of hero won't worry Xi in the least.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Lovey » 03 Jul 2021, 7:02 pm

Oldbloke wrote:It's starting to sound like Xi is looking for a reason to start a war. Rhetoric is getting more "threatening" if you ask me.

To me the worrying aspect is Chinese leaders have no regard for life. So sacrificing a few million citizens in order to go down in history as some sort of hero won't worry Xi in the least.

To paraphrase or bastardise a line from the movie Troy. The house boy tells Achilles that he wouldn't want to fight the giant man and Achilles replies with "That's why no one will remember your name."
Seems apt.
Lovey
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by wanneroo » 04 Jul 2021, 4:49 am

Oldbloke wrote:It's starting to sound like Xi is looking for a reason to start a war. Rhetoric is getting more "threatening" if you ask me.

The Chinese communist party has never had any regard for life and never will. Only power is what matters. Xi is consumed with power and control.

Basically the world has let them get away with what they have done with Covid, so they are emboldened and they will make more moves.

I have no doubt if they continue as they do there will be open warfare. As it stands we are already at war, China steals everything they can, they manipulate everything they can and they break any deal they make. It's not all that far off bullets flying.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by womble » 04 Jul 2021, 5:54 am

First comes trade embargoes.
Which means our iron ore.
So apon reflection i don’t give a s**t about Taiwan

Or, if we could just skip that part, and you Americans could start sinking their boats allready, I’m ok with that too. :thumbsup:
Not like their boats are hard to find. Have at it.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

PreviousNext

Return to Firearms related media and politics