WW3 ?

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: WW3 ?

Post by womble » 26 Feb 2022, 2:10 pm

Well said wannaroot.
Europe said never again.
And yet here we are.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 26 Feb 2022, 2:47 pm

Mig 29 fulcrum , soviet era. Developed in the 70’s, service from 82.
That’s insane. What a legend.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 26 Feb 2022, 3:58 pm

womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Feb 2022, 4:11 pm

Well, TBO I think Pigtin will eventually win.

But good news, starting to sound like the Ukraine's are having a good crack. Hope they stick it up him.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Feb 2022, 4:35 pm

Love it Womble
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 26 Feb 2022, 5:58 pm

Screenshot_20220226-185717_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220226-185717_Gallery.jpg (378.8 KiB) Viewed 3047 times

I feel like I wanna join Ukraine war efforts
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Larry » 26 Feb 2022, 6:23 pm

I thought I was going to see a picture of Greta T
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by womble » 26 Feb 2022, 8:10 pm

Ukraines Japanese ambassador is still in Kiev. Dressed as a samurai and carrying a sword.

womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Bugman » 26 Feb 2022, 9:08 pm

A Kiev Ninja! Go for it, son.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Feb 2022, 11:35 pm

Bugman wrote:A Kiev Ninja! Go for it, son.

That's different. But good on him.

Clearly half the planet is unhappy with Pigtin.

I wonder if Pigtin has recently become mentally unstable or perhaps been told he has terminal cancer? And this is his "last crusade". Bit far fetched perhaps.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 27 Feb 2022, 1:44 am

Oldbloke wrote:
That's different. But good on him.

Clearly half the planet is unhappy with Pigtin.

I wonder if Pigtin has recently become mentally unstable or perhaps been told he has terminal cancer? And this is his "last crusade". Bit far fetched perhaps.

He doesn't seem to be in the same health that he was 10 years ago. There were rumors a few years ago he was weak enough that some thought he might be replaced.

Also I think with a lot of these dictators is that they start out strong and then as they hold onto power for longer and longer, the more paranoid they get about everything around them and hence detached from reality over time.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by womble » 27 Feb 2022, 2:32 am

Russian tanks seem to be running out of fuel everywhere. It’s not going so great for them. These are mostly young conscripts who dont really want to be there.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bHF1Z7qa7dk
The driver in the video offers them a lift back to Russia
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 27 Feb 2022, 7:00 am

Lol, I am surprised why hasn't someone started Uber rides there
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 27 Feb 2022, 12:57 pm

Armies run on bullets and beans and Russia going back to the cold war has notoriously poor logistical capability as well as a weak professional class of non commissioned officers to actually keep everything running. As they extend into Ukraine it's going to be more and more difficult to keep the lines running properly. With the USA running their Global Hawk UAV and RQ-135, the sensors and side looking radar 24 hours a day along the borders of Ukraine, the movements of all the Russian troops and vehicles are known.

Due to Valley Forge in 1777-1778, logistical capability has always been a big part of the US military and it's where they shine to this day in terms of moving equipment and supplies, keeping the troops fed, watered, supplied and equipped with medical support and so on.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Oldbloke » 27 Feb 2022, 1:34 pm

President Joe Biden instructed the U.S. State Department to release up to an additional $350 million worth of weapons from U.S. stocks to Ukraine on Friday as it struggles to repulse a Russian invasion.

Pigtin will not be happy at all.

https://www.reuters.com/world/biden-app ... 022-02-26/
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 27 Feb 2022, 1:56 pm

womble wrote:Russian tanks seem to be running out of fuel everywhere. It’s not going so great for them. These are mostly young conscripts who dont really want to be there.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bHF1Z7qa7dk
The driver in the video offers them a lift back to Russia

At the height of winter in WW2 the Germans came unstuck in Russia with the big Tiger tanks because their tracks and running gear froze solid overnights.
It became noticeable that there wasn't any action coming from the Germans till late mornings.
Then someone found out that they were pouring fuel over the tracks and lighting it to un freeze and get mobile.
That,, and the fact that the Tigers were notoriously thirsty on fuel anyway which only compounded their problems.

As a result many of the attacks on the German tanks were then purposely made at dawn or before.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 27 Feb 2022, 2:06 pm

This whole invasion thing is really only just a card game of poker for him.
When it came time to bet, he had no other choice but to,,,, "Put- in"
:lol:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by cz515 » 27 Feb 2022, 2:52 pm

Oldbloke wrote:President Joe Biden instructed the U.S. State Department to release up to an additional $350 million worth of weapons from U.S. stocks to Ukraine on Friday as it struggles to repulse a Russian invasion.

Well today I read that Scotty from marketing is sending weapons to Ukraine. Some suspect is the firearms from the last amnesty. With the following picture
Attachments
Screenshot_20220227-154932_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220227-154932_Samsung Internet.jpg (413.97 KiB) Viewed 2930 times
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 27 Feb 2022, 3:02 pm

Looks like a pile of rubbish. But Still better than fighting offf Russians with a butter knife from the kitchen drawer
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 27 Feb 2022, 3:21 pm

Just a note.

I have started a specific thread relating to the Russian invasion of Ukraine. A bit more specific.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 27 Feb 2022, 4:08 pm

Oldbloke wrote:President Joe Biden instructed the U.S. State Department to release up to an additional $350 million worth of weapons from U.S. stocks to Ukraine on Friday as it struggles to repulse a Russian invasion.

Trump was impeached for withholding $400 million in military aid from Ukraine ;)
I wonder who’s idea that was.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Larry » 27 Feb 2022, 5:13 pm

womble wrote:

Trump was impeached for withholding $400 million in military aid from Ukraine ;)
I wonder who’s idea that was.

That is because the Ukrainians did not have the dirt on Biden that he wanted.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by cz515 » 27 Feb 2022, 5:19 pm

Hahahaha
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 28 Feb 2022, 1:20 am

Die Judicii wrote:
At the height of winter in WW2 the Germans came unstuck in Russia with the big Tiger tanks because their tracks and running gear froze solid overnights.
It became noticeable that there wasn't any action coming from the Germans till late mornings.
Then someone found out that they were pouring fuel over the tracks and lighting it to un freeze and get mobile.
That,, and the fact that the Tigers were notoriously thirsty on fuel anyway which only compounded their problems.

As a result many of the attacks on the German tanks were then purposely made at dawn or before.

Well mud season is coming soon to Ukraine so that's going to make things interesting. Russians gotta get a move on before the ground thaws.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by womble » 28 Feb 2022, 3:09 am

Ukraine knows all their tactics and weaknesses. Same training.
I think they let the strike force roll past then destroyed it’s supply lines.
Far from over. Nato has divided their forces because they now have to checkmate every border that nato is on at the ready.
But what the Russians try next could be more desperate measures. Whatever is conceded hopefully things get taken down a notch
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 27 Mar 2022, 12:47 pm

Welcome to our doorstep China.
We have paid the ultimate price for not taking the Pacific Island nations seriously.
6 years ago while waiting to address a Pacific Islands Forum in Papua New Guinea, Dutton joked ... 'Time doesn't mean anything when you're about to have water lapping at your door." To which Abbott laughed. Skomo butted in to point out "there's a boom (microphone) up there"
(As a side note, now I can see why a government would want to control the media... look at the damage they can do for the sake of a good story)

The islanders have been left feeling like the butt of our jokes ever since, look who's laughing now.
Unfortunately the Solomon Islands has just painted a huge target on their backs, they'll watch helplessly as China fish their waters, march their streets and militarise their coastline.
Now China has a land bridge through the South China Sea right to our doorstep.
This is possibly the final nail in our coffin.
Here's cheers to 30 years of PC governance getting into bed with China :drinks:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by mchughcb » 27 Mar 2022, 1:59 pm

It's only 2000km away. Not sure why everyone is so upset it's not like the Ukraine , oh wait.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Elmer » 02 May 2022, 3:55 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:There's no doubt about what we're seeing, lots of d!(k swinging from the worlds most powerful leaders, alliances forming and strengthening, some monumental military spending, antigenic language, cyber attacks, military maneuvers designed to intimate, counter manoeuvres for preparedness..
Its looking quite likely... shell be right, we've got somewhere around a whole 20 days or so of fuel reserves in Australia... well be fine hey. :drinks:
We've been asleep at the wheel for a very long time
20210428_204231.jpg

All good mate, though I better put 5 bucks in the VW just in case :thumbsup:
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by cz515 » 02 May 2022, 7:54 pm

Na mate just get electric cars. Don't need fuel. Abs now trucks come electric too
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by womble » 02 May 2022, 8:03 pm

No
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

PreviousNext

Return to Firearms related media and politics