WW3 ?

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: WW3 ?

Post by on_one_wheel » 25 Feb 2022, 4:59 pm

cz515 wrote:Ohhh wow 14,000 NATO troops, against 900,000 troops of the Russian federation. That's just lollipops to give stories to people to make them take the chill pill

That's 14,000 US troops waiting in Europe, not total NATO troops.
A quick google suggests there's 3.5 million NATO troops in total.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 25 Feb 2022, 6:14 pm

I saw a report on FB today that a Ukranian fighter pilot got six kills in the first day.
Most likely propaganda as I haven't tried to verify it.
But if it's true it's remarkable as we haven't seen an ace pilot in over 35 years, modern technology has made it a very rare thing. We just don't put enough aircraft into the skies nowadays.
They're calling him the Ghost of Kyiv.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Bill » 25 Feb 2022, 6:40 pm

800 less Russian Soldiers, lots of newbies been pushed in hard, F-35's have landed at a Romanian Air base.

Plenty of Scorpion and Javelin missiles being used very effectively by Ukranian Forces. Plenty more will move across the Polish and Romanian borders this year

Anyone who thinks Putin will win this war quickly might be in for a rude shock, think 6-9 mths of Guerilla warfare with lots of Russian Soldiers heading home in body bags, Russian sentiment will decide this war not Putin......
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 25 Feb 2022, 6:47 pm

Bill wrote:800 less Russian Soldiers, lots of newbies been pushed in hard, F-35's have landed at a Romanian Air base.

Plenty of Scorpion and Javelin missiles being used very effectively by Ukranian Forces. Plenty more will move across the Polish and Romanian borders this year

Anyone who thinks Putin will win this war quickly might be in for a rude shock, think 6-9 mths of Guerilla warfare with lots of Russian Soldiers heading home in body bags, Russian sentiment will decide this war not Putin......

Definitely looks to be shaping up that way, the Russian propaganda machine had me sucked in, I know Russia is a run down place but I assumed their military was the only thing that was receiving any funding.
Perhaps thr biggest worry is Putin loosing his mind in the face of defeat and escalating it radically with a stupid move.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 25 Feb 2022, 11:43 pm

Somewhere in the bible there is a reference to ,, "The great white bear of the north shall shake loose it's shackles and descend upon
the south, accompanied by men with ice upon their helmets".

? :unknown:

Meanwhile, praps the Ukrainian snipers would do well to stake out some of the trout lakes, cos sooner or later Putin will show up
bare breasted with fly rod in hand. :lol:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 26 Feb 2022, 12:05 am

on_one_wheel wrote:Perhaps the biggest worry is Putin loosing his mind in the face of defeat and escalating it radically with a stupid move.

Praps the biggest worry of all is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Putin is "doing" to Ukraine exactly what China wants to do to Taiwan,,,,,,,,,, and will this make them think Ahhh well,, while the iron is hot
lets jump in.
China and Russia have,,,,,,,, after all been having some cosy chats recently.

It's all one helluva big worry cos sooner or later one of em,,, like OOW said,,,, will lose the plot and the rest of the world may or may not live to regret
the whole damm sorry saga.

It's enough to make one reflect on that movie "ON THE BEACHES"
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Robin » 26 Feb 2022, 12:16 am

Here's a interesting thought.

Ukraine has extremely rich and mineral resources, they also have titanium ore, bauxite, nepheline (a source of soda), alunite (a source of potash), and mercury.
Taiwan produces 52% of the world for semiconductors .

Both China and Russia have something to gain, if China takes Taiwan, then they could be able to make so much money as more and more products need semiconductors.

If the US comes in to help Ukraine, then it could end up as a Nuke war as I don't see Putting giving up, also China will see it as a opportunity to take over Taiwan, this will create the next world war, this will course a big drain on our world resources as well as environmental damage and loss of life, it will be something that will take a lifetime or 3 to recover from.

All this death just because of greed .
Robin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by womble » 26 Feb 2022, 3:05 am

Bill wrote:800 less Russian Soldiers, lots of newbies been pushed in hard, F-35's have landed at a Romanian Air base.

Russian sentiment is controlled by state owned media. They are told what they think.
But Russians are used to this. Amazing to see the protests at home. Because they’re going straight to a gulag in Siberia.
Incredibly brave with everything to lose.
But the elites, the ogliarcs have already lost hundreds of billions. Is Putin untouchable. Because they will conspire to depose him if this dose’nt end fast.

Long live Ukraine. King Kong balls these people.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 26 Feb 2022, 3:18 am

Ww3 is terrifying but someone will have to step in soon. Ukraine population 42 million.
There’s really no-where for so many refugees to go.
Nato or not its painful to watch David vs Goliath. It’s not a fair fight. And Putin’s “solution” for would be refugees is not going to be good.
I think Macron is genuinely pissed off. Putin has threatened him directly. Send in the legionaries and these Russian kids will s**t their pants. Offer an alliance and they could dominate the EU.
The world needs to recognise that Putin has lost his marbles. Best possible outcome is to stop him sooner rather than later.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Feb 2022, 5:09 am

Robin wrote:Here's a interesting thought.

If the US comes in to help Ukraine, then it could end up as a Nuke war as I don't see Putting giving up, also China will see it as a opportunity to take over Taiwan, this will create the next world war, this will course a big drain on our world resources as well as environmental damage and loss of life, it will be something that will take a lifetime or 3 to recover from.

Correct. This is the problem and the reason US and NATO are just watching.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Feb 2022, 5:58 am

Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by straightshooter » 26 Feb 2022, 7:53 am

womble wrote:Russian sentiment is controlled by state owned media. They are told what they think. ........

Like as if that does not exist everywhere else!
Whether one recognises it or not, all our opinions are shaped by the media that we are exposed to unless of course one lives deep in lala land.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by cz515 » 26 Feb 2022, 8:02 am

on_one_wheel wrote:
cz515 wrote:Ohhh wow 14,000 NATO troops, against 900,000 troops of the Russian federation. That's just lollipops to give stories to people to make them take the chill pill

Mate Germany don't want to fight Russia as it's too much dependant on them for trade so NATO is kaput.

But what everyone here forgets, is putin clear words, that he will nuke those that interfere in the war (uk/us etc). They are sitting back cuz they have no choice.

Anyway relax I am going to watch a movie this weekend, WAR is thousands of miles away
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Feb 2022, 8:13 am

Well, this is interesting. S&B is owned by year yanks. I wonder if they make ammo for Russia?

Resized_Screenshot_20220226-090757_DuckDuckGo.jpeg
Resized_Screenshot_20220226-090757_DuckDuckGo.jpeg (132.83 KiB) Viewed 2806 times
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Feb 2022, 8:14 am

cz515 wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:

Mate Germany don't want to fight Russia as it's too much dependant on them for trade so NATO is kaput.

But what everyone here forgets, is putin clear words, that he will nuke those that interfere in the war (uk/us etc). They are sitting back cuz they have no choice.

Anyway relax I am going to watch a movie this weekend, WAR is thousands of miles away

So, when did he announce that?
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 26 Feb 2022, 8:27 am

straightshooter wrote:
womble wrote:Russian sentiment is controlled by state owned media. They are told what they think. ........

Like as if that does not exist everywhere else!
Whether one recognises it or not, all our opinions are shaped by the media that we are exposed to unless of course one lives deep in lala land.

Very true. And it's difficult to know what's really going on amongst all the propoganda.
But when they would rather die than be under Russian rule, that speaks for itself.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Larry » 26 Feb 2022, 8:31 am

Die Judicii wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:Perhaps the biggest worry is Putin loosing his mind in the face of defeat and escalating it radically with a stupid move.

Praps the biggest worry of all is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Putin is "doing" to Ukraine exactly what China wants to do to Taiwan,,,,,,,,,, and will this make them think Ahhh well,, while the iron is hot
lets jump in.

It's all one helluva big worry cos sooner or later one of em,,, like OOW said,,,, will lose the plot and the rest of the world may or may not live to regret

I saw one political reporter at the UN say the UN consideres Ukraine as a soverign nation and not part of Russia however they consider Taiwan as part China. That is going to embolden China as they will expect no resistance from any outsiders.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by on_one_wheel » 26 Feb 2022, 8:32 am

cz515 wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:

Nobody has suggested Germany wants to engage with Russia.
NATO has however unanimously decided that if the war spills over into any NATO country they will retaliate. They have already amassed troops on both land and sea and are prepared for such an event.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by straightshooter » 26 Feb 2022, 8:45 am

Oldbloke wrote:
Robin wrote:Here's a interesting thought.

Correct. This is the problem and the reason US and NATO are just watching.

I suspect Russia has exploited an opportunity to act in a period of deep worldwide weaknesses in the wake of the covid scare and the belief that the US is no longer the power, relative to Russia, it was as little as 10 years ago.
The EU component of NATO in respect to Russia is relatively toothless, aside from it's posturing.
If the US does nothing beyond selling more weapons then that will be a salutary lesson especially to the former Soviet satellite states.
Keep in mind that the present Ukraine regime was effectively installed by the US after the "colour revolution" of 2014.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by perentie » 26 Feb 2022, 8:51 am

bladeracer wrote:I saw a report on FB today that a Ukranian fighter pilot got six kills in the first day.
Most likely propaganda as I haven't tried to verify it.
But if it's true it's remarkable as we haven't seen an ace pilot in over 35 years, modern technology has made it a very rare thing. We just don't put enough aircraft into the skies nowadays.
They're calling him the Ghost of Kyiv.

I read that all Ukranian airfields are destroyed and that its fake news from a Simulator. but there is Utube of it.

https://youtu.be/EDPrMdXAPx0
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by cz515 » 26 Feb 2022, 8:52 am

So we are discussing Russia attack of Ukraine.

Let's turn the tables somewhat, if Russia sneered into a strategic partnership with Mexico and started building defence facilities there, what would America and it's allies say?

It like evening is a huge geopolitical mess, and if you look at western media only for your answers you get a single sided viewpoint.

Looking at history the southern fleet of USSR was always based on Sevastopol. Which is in Crimea. I have read enough spot novels to know that as true. So if Ukraine joins NATO, in essence Sevastopol will become a big NATO/US naval base and that worries the jebus out of the Russians. And that's one reason for this war.

Then there is also the fresh water issue... and ofcourse mineral wealth.
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by perentie » 26 Feb 2022, 9:01 am

Putin does not want body bags, so the population wont know Russian casualties.
They have a mobile crematorium.

https://nypost.com/2022/02/24/russia-ha ... ad-report/
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Bugman » 26 Feb 2022, 9:06 am

Putin does not want body bags, so the population wont know Russian casualties.

Sounds very "Hitlerish" don't it?
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Feb 2022, 10:06 am

Bugman wrote:Putin does not want body bags, so the population wont know Russian casualties.

Sounds very "Hitlerish" don't it?

Yes it does. Efficient though. Not sure what I think.

And just watched Putin on TV call the Ukraine Government Neo Nazis. Pot calling the kettle black IMO. Laughable really.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Feb 2022, 10:19 am

Just spotted this.

"The Kremlin warned western countries not to intervene in the takeover of Ukraine or there would be direct and potentially nuclear consequences."
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 26 Feb 2022, 10:50 am

Oldbloke wrote:Just spotted this.

"The Kremlin warned western countries not to intervene in the takeover of Ukraine or there would be direct and potentially nuclear consequences."

You are too slow. I mentioned it in my post :D

I like the mobile crematorium, and I hear they also have special goon squad that make people forget their son is in the army :sarcasm:
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Feb 2022, 11:14 am

cz515 wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:Just spotted this.

You are too slow. I mentioned it in my post :D

I like the mobile crematorium, and I hear they also have special goon squad that make people forget their son is in the army :sarcasm:

Tes, but you didn't come up with the goods. :)

I had to. :D
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 26 Feb 2022, 11:43 am

If you look at how much territory Russia has seized of the country, it ain't much and it's going to take more than 200K troops to take it all over.

Actually there are no body bags going home. They are traveling with mobile crematoriums to make clean up easy.

When I saw the variety of Z markings on the vehicles that had been spray painted on and then the photos popping up of the crematoriums, it was then I knew the invasion was on and it was no "exercise".
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by cz515 » 26 Feb 2022, 11:59 am

wanneroo wrote:If you look at how much territory Russia has seized of the country, it ain't much and it's going to take more than 200K troops to take it all over.

Well they don't have to travel much... about 150km to reach the capital. That's a symbolic victory. Exactly what the US did when they invaded Iraq. And its not even been 1 day since the war started.
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 26 Feb 2022, 12:01 pm

Die Judicii wrote:Praps the biggest worry of all is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
lets jump in.

Weakness invites conflict and the western leaders are weak and feckless. Xi and Putin are dictators who are hitting 70 and it's now or never to get their names in the history books.

The set up isn't much different from WW2. Hitler and Stalin both said countries like Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Finland, etc. had no right to exist and they started invading and carving them up and well, it all escalated from there. Putin said the other day that Ukraine doesn't have any right to exist nor the ability to make it's own choices. Once you go down that road, it's the road of no return.

His government just threatened Sweden and Finland today.

China I think is going to sit and wait for a while and watch all the moves that go on and how it plays out. The Russians foolishly thought they'd rock up into Ukraine as great liberators with a ticker tape parade and instead are getting their asses handed to them. They definitely misjudged the mood. If this turns into a long running debacle with lots of casualties it doesn't play well at home. Russia as it is with it's poor birth rate of new babies can hardly afford to blow away all their young stock of males. China is going to watch what Russia does and everyone else and use it to craft their strategy to take over Taiwan.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Firearms related media and politics