WW3 ?

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: WW3 ?

Post by cz515 » 10 Oct 2022, 10:24 am

The issue with your laz is if they attack Taiwan... the westerns will attack Siberia as well.

Anyway JohnV mate very nicely put and tbh that's what my non expert common sense analysis says.

But you see scotty the lizzard from marketing figured that he will get more votes if he buys big heavy and slow tanks and artillery, and nuclear submarines without nuclear armament...... for a country that is soo anti nuclear most people get scared when you say the nuclear word... let alone anything else
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 10 Oct 2022, 11:10 am

cz515 wrote:The issue with your laz is if they attack Taiwan... the westerns will attack Siberia as well.

Sorry CZ, but as is often the case, I'm having trouble translating what you mean.

Why do you believe the west would attack Siberia if China moves on Taiwan? I mean seriously, :unknown: what possible gain could there be?

They have committed to protecting Taiwan, not Russia, there's absolutely no upside for them to go to war on two fronts with two nuclear armed dictatorships, at the same time.

The west has absolutely no reason to launch a pre-emptive attack on Russia, on the contrary, they have been bending over backwards to prevent a force on force confrontation

The west are even loathe to supply Ukraine with ATACM for the HIMARs because of the risk Ukraine might lob one into Russian territory and drag them into the current conflict by default.
The US has consistently refused to supply aircraft for the same reason.

Please elaborate, you have me intrigued.
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by wanneroo » 10 Oct 2022, 12:06 pm

I agree Lazarus, the real prize is eastern Russia. Taiwan is a nice piece in the trophy cabinet for them. China gets to watch Russia prostrate itself over some farm land and grind itself down while it keeps their powder dry.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Lazarus » 10 Oct 2022, 12:20 pm

wanneroo wrote:I agree Lazarus, the real prize is eastern Russia. Taiwan is a nice piece in the trophy cabinet for them. China gets to watch Russia prostrate itself over some farm land and grind itself down while it keeps their powder dry.

Exactly Wanneroo.

"The supreme art of war is to subdue your enemy without fighting"

"The greatest victory is that which requires no battle"

And my favourite:

"All warfare is based on deception.
Hence, when we are able to attack, we
must seem unable; when using our
forces, we must appear inactive; when
we are near, we must make the enemy
believe we are far away, when far away,
we must make him believe we are near."
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by cz515 » 10 Oct 2022, 12:59 pm

I mean if they first attack Siberia as you say, then attack Taiwan. The logical step is they will not be able to fight two wars at the same time. While America has said they want to support Taiwan.

So what if Americans go after Siberian mining resources while China is occupied with Taiwan, as in open two front war fronts at the same time
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 10 Oct 2022, 1:11 pm

Ah, I see what you mean.

However, that assumes the Chinese would throw away centuries of military doctrine and attack both at the same time though.
That's about as likely as them trying to invade Switzerland.

The point I was hypothesising CZ, was that Taiwan is the magician's hand waving to the left to attract the attention of the audience while his right hand pulls a card from his sleeve.

As I said in the last paragraph, Taiwan isn't going anywhere, it can wait until they have the Siberian resources solidly in their possession.

At no point did I suggest that they'd be naive enough to try both at once.

Edit,
I just reread your last, and I'm confused again.
Who said anything about the USA attacking Siberia?
The suggestion was that China would.
The US has drawn their strategic stockpiles down to critical levels supporting Ukraine, they don't want to fight anyone for a while.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by cz515 » 10 Oct 2022, 2:46 pm

If that's true... then China could attack Taiwan nowish when USA reserves were low.

I don't think China will attack Siberia, mainly because they both are locking in economically against the USD and US economy

Anyway whatever happens, Australia is so far down the list that if Taiwan was the highest mountain in China we be sitting in mariana trench
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 10 Oct 2022, 3:18 pm

cz515 wrote:If that's true... then China could attack Taiwan nowish when USA reserves were low.

I don't think China will attack Siberia, mainly because they both are locking in economically against the USD and US economy

Anyway whatever happens, Australia is so far down the list that if Taiwan was the highest mountain in China we be sitting in mariana trench

:lol:
Great analogy.

It was just a hypothetical thought bubble, after all.

Personally, one war at a time is one too many for my liking.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by cz515 » 11 Oct 2022, 3:59 am

Yeah but some people like war, or want to be prepared for a war.... even if it's not likely to happen.

I rather the government spend the money on things more important like healthcare, education etc etc
Last edited by cz515 on 11 Oct 2022, 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 11 Oct 2022, 5:30 am

And on a more serious note

Ukrainian solders loading the latest attack drone.
https://www.facebook.com/reel/567454251 ... WDuG2&fs=e
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 11 Oct 2022, 6:20 am

cz515 wrote:Yeah but some people like war, or want to be prepared for a war.... even if it's not likely to happen.

I Hindu the government spend the money on things more important like healthcare, education etc etc

The best way to avoid war is to be well prepared for it CZ.

Your last paragraph has me scratching my head again.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by cz515 » 11 Oct 2022, 7:12 am

Yeah it's my phone. Edited the post.

Mate look at the Collins class subs we ordering for 100+ billion dollars, imagine the interest bill on that.

How big is our shore line? Did you know their stravel speed is 37km/hr without nuclear missles they are going to take years to reach the Chinese armada and get them in their torpedo range.

You all are getting older, i would rather they spend extra money for every old person to have better care in nursing homes.

better facilities, more staff that are better paid in our hospitals and schools, so they don't get burnt out and leave the system.

universities and tafe sector that is not selling their soul to international students but educating our children to become the next world leaders. Rather then be just traffic sign operators.
Last edited by cz515 on 11 Oct 2022, 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 11 Oct 2022, 7:21 am

Do you use swipe?

My sister used to use it and some of her messages had me thinking she was smoking crack :lol:
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by straightshooter » 11 Oct 2022, 7:23 am

"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 11 Oct 2022, 8:32 am

Lazarus wrote:

CZ has always missed this point.

We need a decent deterrent other wise the hospitals, schools and nursing home won't even exist.
And if you value your family and way of life you ensure you have a good one. (Deterrent)

It's OK to say it will never happen. But do the risk assessment in your head and consider the consequences if your wrong.

Two dozen nukes would be enough.

("Will never happen" lol look at history. Happens pretty regularly.)
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 11 Oct 2022, 8:24 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
Lazarus wrote:

We need a decent deterrent other wise the hospitals, schools and nursing home won't even exist.
And if you value your family and way of life you ensure you have a good one. (Deterrent)

It's OK to say it will never happen. But do the risk assessment in your head and consider the consequences if your wrong.

Spot on.

Japan had a crack, they bombed Darwin in 42 and
Landed a subs in Sydney harbour.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Lazarus » 11 Oct 2022, 8:39 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:
Lazarus wrote:

Spot on.

A case in point, I was bullied in high school by a clique of older students, one in particular who was the ring leader.
As long as I tried to ignore it it just got worse until one day I lost my sh!t and sent the ring leader to the emergency dept for a pile of stitches.
Never happened again, we both learned a lesson.
For me it was "if someone insists on a confrontation, f*ck them up" for him it was "some quite people can get seriously violent if you push them too hard".

I don't think nukes are the solution, too expensive to build and maintain and they paint a big bullseye on you, but large quantities of sovereign long range hypersonic conventional missiles that can bring the hurt way off shore should give pause.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 11 Oct 2022, 9:05 pm

Lazarus wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:
Lazarus wrote:

Spot on.

A case in point, I was bullied in high school by a clique of older students, one in particular who was the ring leader.
As long as I tried to ignore it it just got worse until one day I lost my sh!t and sent the ring leader to the emergency dept for a pile of stitches.
Never happened again, we both learned a lesson.
For me it was "if someone insists on a confrontation, f*ck them up" for him it was "some quite people can get seriously violent if you push them too hard".

I don't think nukes are the solution, too expensive to build and maintain and they paint a big bullseye on you, but large quantities of sovereign long range hypersonic conventional missiles that can bring the hurt way off shore should give pause.

I had a similar experience. It is a must that bullies are stood up to. And that includes dictator's who want to invade countries.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 11 Oct 2022, 9:16 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
Lazarus wrote:

Tell that to NZ, Canada and tens of other countries. Seriously :crazy:

And come on, no one is giving us nuclear weapons, not that Labor, greens and other do goodies will allow nuclear weapons anyway. :crazy:

Edited to make it easier to read
Last edited by cz515 on 11 Oct 2022, 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 11 Oct 2022, 9:45 pm

This is the problem CZ. You really think It will never happen.

lol Look at history. Happens pretty regularly. That's a fact.

Are nukes the answer? That's another argument.

But don't start crying if China parks a few subs armed with nukes off our shore, and says, check mate.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 11 Oct 2022, 10:35 pm

Oldbloke wrote:This is the problem CZ. You really think It will never happen.

But don't start crying if China parks a few subs armed with nukes off our shore, and says, check mate.

Rotfl what has it happened... japs sent a sub into botany bay... or forty nepean.... and then what happened? Getting a single sub to your doorstep is pointless the only thing it can do is bomb a city or two.... your shiny virginia class nuc subs will not do much if they sitting in darwin when Chinese sub in botney bay.....

Even then a sub cannot invade a country. How dumb are you, stop drinking the koolaid. And don't complain when the nurses give you a kerosene bath in your nursing home, or wren you go into a hospital they tell you it will take 20 years to replace your broken knee or hip, or the ambo never reached you in time cuz they didn't have enough staff and the staff they had injected you with the wrong meds cuz they are overworked 1year nursing students.

In that case i reckon half the people in Australia will welcome the Chinese invades with open arms atleast they will have access healthcare
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 12 Oct 2022, 3:42 am

Forget about being looked after if China were to take Australia, those of us that weren't slaughtered would be slaves.

They hate westerners, they think we're a different species.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 12 Oct 2022, 4:32 am

cz515 wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:This is the problem CZ. You really think It will never happen.

Rotfl what has it happened... japs sent a sub into botany bay... or forty nepean.... and then what happened? Getting a single sub to your doorstep is pointless the only thing it can do is bomb a city or two.... your shiny virginia class nuc subs will not do much if they sitting in darwin when Chinese sub in botney bay.....

Even then a sub cannot invade a country. How dumb are you, stop drinking the koolaid. And don't complain when the nurses give you a kerosene bath in your nursing home, or wren you go into a hospital they tell you it will take 20 years to replace your broken knee or hip, or the ambo never reached you in time cuz they didn't have enough staff and the staff they had injected you with the wrong meds cuz they are overworked 1year nursing students.

In that case i reckon half the people in Australia will welcome the Chinese invades with open arms atleast they will have access healthcare

OK. I accept you are either Chinese or have the IQ of a peanut.

It's called "pay back" or a deterrent.

If they nuke Sydney or Melbourne our Virginia class sub would nuke Beijing and a couple more cities. Now do you understand? Or don't you read English?

你现在明白了吗?
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 12 Oct 2022, 4:49 am

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/10/ ... o-go-ahead

“NATO’s firm, predictable behaviour, our military strength, is the best way to prevent escalation,” he said.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by S O K A R » 12 Oct 2022, 5:27 am

on_one_wheel wrote:Forget about being looked after if China were to take Australia, those of us that weren't slaughtered would be slaves.

They hate westerners, they think we're a different species.

Sounds like good target practice...
S O K A R
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by Lazarus » 12 Oct 2022, 9:36 am

CZ, you are still looking at the situation from the wrong angle.

This is the early 21st century, not the early 20th. Symetrical, kinetic warfare is outdated.
Ask Putin.

They only need to close the shipping routes on which we rely for virtually everything and they can shut us down without firing a single shot at us directly.
Look at the economic pain they caused to carefully chosen industries as a message they were unhappy with what one morally corrupt politician said about covid.

Just take fuel as one example.
We import 91% of the fuel we use and it comes here by ship, stop the ships and we're Wallaby Ted's cousin mate, Roo Ted.

Look at the drama they caused us by restricting urea.

Why is this possible?
Because we have taken the head-in-arse view that "it'll never happen" and let our military degrade so far that even the projects we do have are a collective 97 YEARS behind schedule.

It does us absolutely no good to have the best hospitals, universities etc etc if they are at the expense of our sovereignty because a nation that thinks asymmetrically has beaten us at the game of Go that is geopolitical strategic preparation.

If you are not among the strong, the strong will eat you.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by mchughcb » 12 Oct 2022, 1:03 pm

Lazarus wrote:CZ, you are still looking at the situation from the wrong angle.

This is the early 21st century, not the early 20th. Symetrical, kinetic warfare is outdated.
Ask Putin.

They only need to close the shipping routes on which we rely for virtually everything and they can shut us down without firing a single shot at us directly.
Look at the economic pain they caused to carefully chosen industries as a message they were unhappy with what one morally corrupt politician said about covid.

Just take fuel as one example.
We import 91% of the fuel we use and it comes here by ship, stop the ships and we're Wallaby Ted's cousin mate, Roo Ted.

Look at the drama they caused us by restricting urea.

Why is this possible?
Because we have taken the head-in-arse view that "it'll never happen" and let our military degrade so far that even the projects we do have are a collective 97 YEARS behind schedule.

It does us absolutely no good to have the best hospitals, universities etc etc if they are at the expense of our sovereignty because a nation that thinks asymmetrically has beaten us at the game of Go that is geopolitical strategic preparation.

If you are not among the strong, the strong will eat you.

Yeah that's why zelensky keeps asking for tanks himars and F16s.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 12 Oct 2022, 4:02 pm

HIMARS in action, creating good Russians.

https://youtu.be/pEgKfeeRk6I
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by S O K A R » 12 Oct 2022, 5:06 pm

mchughcb wrote:

See where zelensky was asking nato for a pre-emptive nuclear strike on russia to put them in their place, yeah like nuclear war always calms things down lmao
Bloke is a drop kick, sooner someone takes him out the better
S O K A R
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by Lazarus » 12 Oct 2022, 5:26 pm

S O K A R wrote:
mchughcb wrote:

See where zelensky was asking nato for a pre-emptive nuclear strike on russia to put them in their place, yeah like nuclear war always calms things down lmao
Bloke is a drop kick, sooner someone takes him out the better

Just to add some pesky facts to an hysterical over reaction

https://www.newsweek.com/zelensky-nucle ... ve-1749781
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

PreviousNext