Personal Safety When Visiting a Gunshop

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Personal Safety When Visiting a Gunshop

Post by mchughcb » 01 May 2021, 12:03 pm

I recently went into Gunshop and was told conditions of entry were I had to wear a mask. If I didn't wear a mask I was putting everybodies safety at risk. So I put a mask on. Then I went into the gunshop today wearing a mask and I was told to take my mask off because the camera's couldn't recognise my face.

Then I declared to the shop in the strongest possible tone, I'm a crayon chewing stand with Dan supporter and I can't be responsible for the spread of Covid by removing my mask. Look at all the millions of people on the news dying overseas. If we can save just one life.

Then I removed my mask

Then I got served.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Re: Personal Safety When Visiting a Gunshop

Post by on_one_wheel » 01 May 2021, 3:49 pm

Yesterday while being served, I was asked if I did my covid check in, I said "no I have not" the lady pointed to the sign in register and said you can sign in there if you like, I said thank you and proceeded without signing it.
I refuse to leave my name and number on a register that has no security control and is in plain view of anyone wishing to look at it.

I took that stance the first time I went to leave my details, the lady before me signed in, I walked up and read her name, turned to my partner and pointed at the lady walking off and said "look, there's Jane Citizen 0419 123 456 if you want to stalk her, there's a good start.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by womble » 01 May 2021, 4:24 pm

I just called her and tonight we’re going out dancing :thumbsup: :drinks:
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 01 May 2021, 4:26 pm

mchughcb wrote:I recently went into Gunshop and was told conditions of entry were I had to wear a mask. If I didn't wear a mask I was putting everybodies safety at risk. So I put a mask on. Then I went into the gunshop today wearing a mask and I was told to take my mask off because the camera's couldn't recognise my face.

Then I declared to the shop in the strongest possible tone, I'm a crayon chewing stand with Dan supporter and I can't be responsible for the spread of Covid by removing my mask. Look at all the millions of people on the news dying overseas. If we can save just one life.

Then I removed my mask

Then I got served.

What made you feel unsafe and why ?
The masks, the cameras, or the guns ?
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 01 May 2021, 4:29 pm

We don't need masks in SA

The blatant lack of protection of people's personal information, I won't be leaving my name and number on a register that's publicly displayed. And the biro that's not cleaned between use is also a problem.
Screenshot_20210501-160718_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20210501-160718_DuckDuckGo.jpg (215.13 KiB) Viewed 1706 times
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by womble » 01 May 2021, 4:44 pm

Same in vic 2 active cases today. No mask mandate currently.
Agreed an open register in full view at the entrance is poor security. Your phone is a location beacon that anyone can find.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 01 May 2021, 5:03 pm

womble wrote:Same in vic 2 active cases today. No Your phone is a location beacon that anyone can find.

Provide your phone is turned on, location services active and actually on your person. I don't always carry my phone, it's generally left in my vehicle and to conserve battery life my location is off unless I need to use it.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Return to Firearms related media and politics