Idiots making matters worse...

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Idiots making matters worse...

Post by Velish » 06 Jul 2021, 4:04 pm

https://youtu.be/Ls9wCB4gs84

Womans dog shot in QLD
Velish
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Idiots making matters worse...

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 06 Jul 2021, 4:57 pm

Very suspicious. Could be a dozen of reasons.

I do have to wonder though in todays age of cheap technology why every house does not have camera, sensors and other types of motion detectors.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by rc42 » 06 Jul 2021, 5:12 pm

Car drives onto somebody's property and somebody in the car decides to shoot a dog that was probably barking at him.

Sounds more like something the police did, especially as they don't seem interested in following up on a firearms related report.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 06 Jul 2021, 5:25 pm

"Sounds more like something the police did, ....." What a a absolute load of rubbish! :lol:
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 06 Jul 2021, 5:40 pm

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:Very suspicious. Could be a dozen of reasons.

I do have to wonder though in todays age of cheap technology why every house does not have camera, sensors and other types of motion detectors.

by the sound of it , it's targeted . i reckon there's more to this ..........
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 06 Jul 2021, 5:44 pm

RoginaJack wrote:"Sounds more like something the police did, ....." What a a absolute load of rubbish! :lol:

Whilst it is in the USA the running joke on American guntube channels is that the ATF will come to your house and shoot your dog if you do anything illegal. Because police shoot dogs more than you think.

Check out this cop torture this kangaroo In South Australia.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real- ... 4db1a152e7
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 06 Jul 2021, 5:45 pm

bigrich wrote:

I agree mate. There is more to this.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by ZaineB » 06 Jul 2021, 6:15 pm

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:
RoginaJack wrote:"Sounds more like something the police did, ....." What a a absolute load of rubbish! :lol:

Whilst it is in the USA the running joke on American guntube channels is that the ATF will come to your house and shoot your dog if you do anything illegal. Because police shoot dogs more than you think.

vast majority of cops cant shoot to save themselves, so this is no surprise, Personally would have held the gun inches from its head and dispatched it, why this clearly incompetent moron was trying to kill it shooting it across the brisket I will never know, aint no vitals on the outside of the ribcage after all.
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by mchughcb » 06 Jul 2021, 6:28 pm

ZaineB wrote:

vast majority of cops cant shoot to save themselves, so this is no surprise, Personally would have held the gun inches from its head and dispatched it, why this clearly incompetent moron was trying to kill it shooting it across the brisket I will never know, aint no vitals on the outside of the ribcage after all.

He was a pro.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Patriot » 06 Jul 2021, 6:32 pm

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:Very suspicious. Could be a dozen of reasons.

Maybe because we are surveilled enough mate. Everywhere you f#ckin go cameras are watching. Smart phones track your every f@ckin move and satellite trackers follow you wherever you drive. Nah f@ck that. I refuse to surveil my own house.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by DaveZ » 06 Jul 2021, 6:45 pm

bigrich wrote:

I agree mate. There is more to this.

There's always more to a story like this than the one side. Seen similar things on FBook with both sides arguing back and forth and details from both sides wildly different. I don't know why people just can't tell how it really is.
CZ455 22lr Varmint
Ruger American 243
Located Bundaberg area, looking for property to hunt on.
DaveZ
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by ZaineB » 06 Jul 2021, 7:12 pm

mchughcb wrote:
ZaineB wrote:

He was a pro.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by Wm.Traynor » 06 Jul 2021, 7:23 pm

Good on her for getting TV publicity. I wonder if that is when the cops got moving?
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by boingk » 06 Jul 2021, 8:34 pm

Wow to the cop with the roo.

Wonder how he passes his yearly test... if he has one? I know they do in NSW at least, apparently out to 20m.

- boingk
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 06 Jul 2021, 8:46 pm

I heard cops(general duties) in NSW shoot 3 mags once a year on a stationary target. Yet they are allowed to open carry and we can't.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Grandadbushy » 06 Jul 2021, 9:53 pm

Yes DaveZ i agree mate always more to it in mine and a few others opinions , she works , she has other dogs , they're home alone so she wouldn't have a clue what those dogs get up to while she's at work unless they are locked up but it sounds like they weren't because the dog was shot in the front of the house on the lawn or maybe shot down the road and dropped back there who knows, so go figure, but it's still sad that a little pup has been shot, it leaves plenty of ammo for the anti gun brigade doesn't it
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by boingk » 06 Jul 2021, 10:34 pm

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:I heard cops(general duties) in NSW shoot 3 mags once a year on a stationary target. Yet they are allowed to open carry and we can't.

We're usually not required to shoot people aiming for us. Detroit, maybe, but not here. I've got mates who've been shot at in public on duty here in Australia.

From mates in the (NSW) cops they reckon a shoot day is a pretty big deal - big range, lots of training around their weapons and transitioning from one to another and back etc... and usually more rounds than you can count. The scored component is about 50 rounds or so over multiple timed targets if I remember right, but before that there's a stack of practise, coaching, fault finding etc.

Going from what I've heard its probably something you'd be glad to see the end of, unless you really were into it.
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by DaveZ » 07 Jul 2021, 6:50 am

Grandadbushy wrote: but it's still sad that a little pup has been shot, it leaves plenty of ammo for the anti gun brigade doesn't it

Absolutely. It's just disappointing that the wider public will form their opinion off one side of the story when MAY be incorrectly portrayed.

The one I saw last week, some people were visiting friends in a rural area with their dog, not too far from home, the dog ran away and was spotted on a neighbouring farm harassing sheep. Allegedly it injured one to the point it had to be put down. The farmer shot the dog. The owners of the dog went on a mission on local social media groups telling everyone how their poor little dog (border collie cross), had never chased stock before and would
never have been hurting animals and was only trying to find its poor way home. They went as far as giving the address of the farmer and wound up the locals as best they could. You can imagine the reaction from the average townie. What hope has the poor LAFO farmer got of defending his stock? Maybe he did jump the gun and could have chased the dog away some other way, who knows, IMO losing your dog is just something you have to be prepared for if you can't keep it restrained in a rural area.
CZ455 22lr Varmint
Ruger American 243
DaveZ
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Bugman » 07 Jul 2021, 6:59 am

Agreed. Two sides to every story. Probably we will not hear the other side, as usual. Gotta keep an open mind, however at my age, my open mind is sometimes like a vacant block of land :unknown:
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by RoginaJack » 07 Jul 2021, 10:21 am

Communism_Is_Cance. I hate to point out the bleeding obvious, BUT this ain't the US of A and has nothing to do with the ATF, whoever they are..
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Grandadbushy » 07 Jul 2021, 12:06 pm

This is what causes debarkles like this, people don't take responsibility for anything even their own kids at times, dogs are no different i've battled with peacocks for years to the point i can't have a vege garden i used to supply the town with vegies free but now and for the last couple of years i've not had a garden because of the peacocks the council fronted the owner and they were told ''council'' that the peacocks had gone wild now brace yourselves you are not going to believe this, so now that the birds have gone wild they are deemed '' NATIVE FAUNA'' not being classed as a pest they are protected under the law , yep good old native peacocks and you wonder why people just give up, i don't think any farmer should quickly find ways to shoo dogs that are attacking the stock it's up to the owner of that dog to keep it under control the proof is this is now the reason we have so many wild dogs the gray areas have to be taken out of this area the government wants revenue then start charging dog and animal owners for their lack of responsibility for their animals when they roam the country side causing damage, QLD would be the richest state in Australia , even if the dogs are play chasing the stock, these stock panic and stress and can abort their unborn those that think this is garbage would say '' What about sheep'' well most sheep are used to dogs and are savvy with them where unaware stock are not and tend to panic and smash fences and injure themselves in some cases, so nah i believe the farmer should have the call but only on their property and do it ethically .
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by ZaineB » 07 Jul 2021, 1:40 pm

DaveZ wrote: What hope has the poor LAFO farmer got of defending his stock? Maybe he did jump the gun and could have chased the dog away some other way, who knows, IMO losing your dog is just something you have to be prepared for if you can't keep it restrained in a rural area.

Local Baker used to rent a house off the neighbors here, He had a heap of dogs, were fine there fore 4 years, next thing they all decide sporadically to go down and kill nearly 300 sheep (@$185 a head average at the time), over $50k in losses, they roped in their dogs and tied them up at the house, the neighbor whos sheep had been mauled, showed up, shot all the dogs on the chain and then forced the bloke to find $55k to replace the cost of the sheep. Baker lost his business over it. Dogs ranged from kelpie to Dachshund any dog that chases and bites sheep when not a working dog doing its job gets a bullet, that simple.
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by DaveZ » 07 Jul 2021, 7:40 pm

@ZaineB and that's how it should be.
CZ455 22lr Varmint
Ruger American 243
DaveZ
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by boingk » 07 Jul 2021, 10:20 pm

ZaineB wrote:(Paraphrased) Farmer shoots menace dogs and gets his money back to boot!

Hell yeah my man, hell yeah.

We most certainly shoot dogs on any property we encounter if they don't come when called, unless of course if told there will be dogs roaming. And yes, we make sure we ask. Haven't had an owner yet object provided we bury the carcass.

On my land? Our dogs are tied unless working. Anything else gets shot. Found some good size wild cats as well, clever bloody things too.

- boingk
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by ZaineB » 07 Jul 2021, 10:26 pm

that's the size of it boingk, even pet dogs are a menace, more pets have mauled sheep in this area than feral ones by an order of magnitude in easily the last 50 years, probably longer, so yeah doggy doos not at home, get bullet.

Should add I absolutely love dogs, but all pets belong at or in your home.
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by trekin » 08 Jul 2021, 4:22 am

Grandadbushy wrote:This is what causes debarkles like this, people don't take responsibility for anything even their own kids at times, dogs are no different i've battled with peacocks for years to the point i can't have a vege garden i used to supply the town with vegies free but now and for the last couple of years i've not had a garden because of the peacocks the council fronted the owner and they were told ''council'' that the peacocks had gone wild now brace yourselves you are not going to believe this, so now that the birds have gone wild they are deemed '' NATIVE FAUNA'' not being classed as a pest they are protected under the law , yep good old native peacocks and you wonder why people just give up, i don't think any farmer should quickly find ways to shoo dogs that are attacking the stock it's up to the owner of that dog to keep it under control the proof is this is now the reason we have so many wild dogs the gray areas have to be taken out of this area the government wants revenue then start charging dog and animal owners for their lack of responsibility for their animals when they roam the country side causing damage, QLD would be the richest state in Australia , even if the dogs are play chasing the stock, these stock panic and stress and can abort their unborn those that think this is garbage would say '' What about sheep'' well most sheep are used to dogs and are savvy with them where unaware stock are not and tend to panic and smash fences and injure themselves in some cases, so nah i believe the farmer should have the call but only on their property and do it ethically .

https://apps.des.qld.gov.au/species-sea ... s/?id=1690
peacock.png
peacock.png (29.79 KiB) Viewed 4661 times

https://aussiehunter.org/simple-easy-di ... ck-recipe/
Problem solvered. :D :drinks:
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Grandadbushy » 08 Jul 2021, 8:56 am

G'day Trekin, mate thanks for that, i might indulge in some air rifle activity before i move to the new block, so how's things been mate?
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by trekin » 09 Jul 2021, 6:56 am

Grandadbushy wrote:G'day Trekin, mate thanks for that, i might indulge in some air rifle activity before i move to the new block, so how's things been mate?

Soldiering on mate. Had two more family members taken by the C since we last talked.
Have tried peafowl, not too bad eating. But if you get an old one, I think the best recipe to follow would be the one for plains turkey.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 09 Jul 2021, 7:46 am

RoginaJack wrote:Communism_Is_Cance. I hate to point out the bleeding obvious, BUT this ain't the US of A and has nothing to do with the ATF, whoever they are..

Seems like a common thing on this forum that we are part of the USA and their laws and politics apply somehow

Far as I know I’m STRAYAN , and I live in STRAYA

:D
Last edited by bigrich on 09 Jul 2021, 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Grandadbushy » 09 Jul 2021, 4:27 pm

Sorry to here that Trekin mate , and yes the old ones hey, you know the trick ,throw a stone in while they are cooken then throw away the bird and eat the stone
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics