Australian Political Parties - firearms

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Australian Political Parties - firearms

Post by Zappa » 10 Aug 2021, 8:27 pm

Hello,

I'd like to read up on the political parties policies to inform myself when the time comes for the next Federal elections.

Apart from the Shooters, Fishers and Farmers Party what other party has amiable gun ownership that recognizes responsible firearm ownership for sports and hunting policies?
Zappa
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Re: Australian Political Parties - firearms

Post by JimmyS » 10 Aug 2021, 10:12 pm

Liberal Democrats - the good stuff.
JimmyS
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by rc42 » 11 Aug 2021, 12:21 am

The important thing is to never put a major party first (including Greens who are just ALP extremists).
These parties get about $3.50 in taxpayer money for every '1' they receive so election night nets them tens of millions.
The major parties are actually the same anyway and are bought and paid for by the same corporations, mainstream media focuses on minor differences to make people think there's a real choice but ignore all of the policies that are exactly the same and completely against the interests of the Australian people.

Not many firearms friendly parties Lib Dem are about the best, Katter's in QLD, SFFP are not great but still better than the majors and most independents, maybe even Pauline Hanson's mob although they've backed off following that tv setup on them trying to get NRA support from the US.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Downunder » 11 Aug 2021, 7:18 am

The Shooters, Fishers and Farmers party has a habit of selling out to Labor with deals on preferences done.

When researching political parties it pays to do some historical research, it’s surprising what deals have been done in the past.
Downunder
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Zappa » 11 Aug 2021, 11:01 am

Downunder wrote:The Shooters, Fishers and Farmers party has a habit of selling out to Labor with deals on preferences done.

When researching political parties it pays to do some historical research, it’s surprising what deals have been done in the past.

that's always the risk. You would think the SFFP would have their doctrines more in alignment with the Coalition ( mid to right leaning )
Zappa
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by womble » 11 Aug 2021, 5:25 pm

JimmyS wrote:Liberal Democrats - the good stuff.

Yep 100%
Give me liberty or give me death.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Wm.Traynor » 11 Aug 2021, 7:18 pm

I hope the LDs have a candidate in my electorate of Fairfax. So far they have not had a representative but I am hoping for one this time :)
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by GQshayne » 11 Aug 2021, 9:01 pm

I look at it the other way - who should we NOT vote for under any circumstances - Greens. They have proven themselves beyond all doubt to be our enemy. So I make sure they are last and then I work backwards.
GQshayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by ZaineB » 11 Aug 2021, 10:17 pm

I love the libdems gun policy but havent had a representative to vote for in any recent elections, hence I have gone to the next best thing in my mind the SFFP however they dont have the same reach of policy regarding personal liberties.
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Return to Firearms related media and politics