So much for gun laws

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

So much for gun laws

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 14 Oct 2021, 6:19 am

Sadly, several people have been killed and more injured in Norway in a bow and arrow attack. It is not clear at this stage what the motive was.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/norwa ... 25366f1539

I can only speak for Queensland but bows are readily available, you just walk in a buy them. Only cross bows require a licence. I have seen people say on podcasts that bows will be regulated too at some point and I think that point is coming.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Re: So much for gun laws

Post by Oldbloke » 14 Oct 2021, 6:23 am

Have been thinking about trying a bow for fun. On fleebay about $45 with a few arrows.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 14 Oct 2021, 6:29 am

Oldbloke wrote:Have been thinking about trying a bow for fun. On fleebay about $45 with a few arrows.

Bows are are a lot of fun mate. Archery is a fun sport especially for kids. If you have some land to shoot on a bow is a great tool.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 14 Oct 2021, 6:53 am

Damn. I hate to say it but its bound to happen. Too many d**kheads buying bows because they either can't get or can't be arsed getting a gun licence, who really don't give a s**t about the sport and just want to run around pretending they're awesome hunter/bush crafter/zombie slayers.
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Bugman » 14 Oct 2021, 7:17 am

Could this lead to Gun Control Australia trying implement the " Hiawatha Law" banning all bows and arrows for the sake of world peace? :o
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 14 Oct 2021, 7:36 am

Bugman wrote:Could this lead to Gun Control Australia trying implement the " Hiawatha Law" banning all bows and arrows for the sake of world peace? :o

Sadly, I wouldn’t put it past GCA :roll:

You’ll need to be licensed for a kitchen knife and a hammer in a few more years :roll:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by boingk » 15 Oct 2021, 12:24 am

They require skill to be effective at even close range. Crossbows excepted, of course.

They won't be regulated.
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by womble » 15 Oct 2021, 2:43 am

Oh I’m sure they’ll implement some new dumb laws at the very least.
Maximum quiver capacity 5 arrows. Some states allow 10.
Minimum arrow lengths.
Maximum arrow lengths.
You can’t own a black bow of course because of it’s military appearance.
And then they’ll justify all this for the prevention of suicides by bow and arrows.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by No1_49er » 15 Oct 2021, 5:04 am

bigrich wrote:
Bugman wrote:Could this lead to Gun Control Australia trying implement the " Hiawatha Law" banning all bows and arrows for the sake of world peace? :o

Sadly, I wouldn’t put it past GCA :roll:

You’ll need to be licensed for a kitchen knife and a hammer in a few more years :roll:

No, you really haven't thought this through, have you
YOU wont be allowed to own, or even be licensed to own, a hammer unless you are a licensed builder or some such tradie
And kitchen knives wont be necessary because all food will be pre-prepared (diced, or what ever) ready to cook and eat. Only require a spoon :lol:
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by womble » 15 Oct 2021, 12:32 pm

Well i just buried an unregistered hammer in a biscuit tin out the back.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 16 Oct 2021, 9:58 am

I thought I would just post this here. Another senseless attack.

Another British politician has been stabbed to death. This is the second political death in 5 years in the UK.

https://www.9news.com.au/world/uk-conse ... f4f3a2641b
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Bugman » 16 Oct 2021, 12:17 pm

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:I thought I would just post this here. Another senseless attack.

Another British politician has been stabbed to death. This is the second political death in 5 years in the UK.

https://www.9news.com.au/world/uk-conse ... f4f3a2641b

One wonders if this is going to set the "lets kill a pollie we don't like" wheels in motion. Hope not, but the way the world is going, nothing would surprise me.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 16 Oct 2021, 12:27 pm

Who knows bugman things are getting so crazy. People are so politically divided today between freedom lovers and tyranny lovers . Where is the common ground gone? There use to be a thing called compromise and bipartisanship. Now things are turning into one side verses the other side.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by womble » 16 Oct 2021, 1:18 pm

You don’t find common ground with fanatics, zealots, extremists. They are beyond reason.
There’s no common ground with people who have lost all common sense.
Democracy, the will of the people, the rule of the people, should contain them effectively so as freedom prevails.
If it dose’nt all is lost.
Our enemies are clever. With the internet and the modern age they are more effective than ever before at seeding extremism beyond their geological borders. An enemy within, homegrown.
Our enemies believe democracy cannot survive and thrive in this fast paced and fast changing world. We will prove them wrong.
We are proving them wrong. Particularly here in Australia. That’s why China has a hardon to destroy us.
The Americans proved them wrong. But for a while there it was’nt looking great for democracy. And they are still living with the fallout.
But they will overcome.
Because extremism, although it can be highly volatile, it has a short shelf life, before we snuff it out.
In the free world we endeavour to do that with compassion.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 18 Oct 2021, 6:58 am

Very interesting politician, and his views were interesting

From anti abortion views.

To animal rights laws where he voted to pass laws to improved animal husbandry, to banning fox hunting to voting against caging wild birds.

He was a supporter of asylum seekers and refugees.
And for that matter a brexit supporter.

To trying to pass a bill to stop UK's involvement in Syria. To publically saying he wished he had opposed the war in Iraq and maybe the British would not have gone to Iraq (the fake WMD war of Tony Blair and Bush).

So why would anyone want to kill him? And why is it most of these so called terrorists are young men in their mid twenties. Like Btenton Tarrant who killed 51 people in NZ. He has more in coming with you, CiC...both of you are racist bigots and hate Muslims...just one lacks the courage to even use the word
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by bah! » 18 Oct 2021, 7:58 am

Pretty sure the previous to last pom pollie was killed by a neo-nazi.
bah!
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by cz515 » 18 Oct 2021, 8:15 am

Yes the 41 year old female politician.

That's the thing some Australians are racist, doesn't mean the whole of Australia is racist or all white people are racist or all Christians are racist. Same as some people are terrorists and some are killer.

I find it ironic that LAFO who bemoan that guns don't kill but humans, and the media shouldn't paint every firearm owner the same colour as a criminal or martin Bryant. Are happy to do exactly that by saying all Muslim people are woman hating terrorists.
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Blackened » 18 Oct 2021, 8:53 am

Locking this.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13282

Complicated subjects like foreign politics, social inequalities, human rights, religion, climate change, racism etc. which warrant in-depth conversation should be conducted elsewhere, in a forum dedicated to these subjects. Ultimately, these kinds of subjects are irrelevant to the purpose of this website, and not what people are looking for when they visit this site. Go elsewhere if these are topics you are wanting to discuss in-depth.

Have deleted more replies on religion and racism than there are on-topic.
Blackened

New South Wales

Return to Firearms related media and politics