Live ammo on film set?

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Live ammo on film set?

Post by Downunder » 27 Oct 2021, 12:48 pm

It’s in your hand your responsible. Ignorance is no excuse.
Downunder
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 27 Oct 2021, 1:12 pm

Downunder wrote:It’s in your hand your responsible. Ignorance is no excuse.

I'd be impressed if anybody has gotten off after deliberately firing a gun directly at a person, it's very different to an accidental shooting where the shooter didn't know there was a person there (still negligent though).
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 27 Oct 2021, 2:29 pm

I'm with Downunder,,,,,,,,
I still maintain it's the person who pulls the trigger is responsible,,,, and if that person has no way of knowing the difference
between live ammo, and blanks or doesn't know how to safely handle a firearm, then he or she simply should not have it in their hands.
End of story

Anything else like unsafe storage of ammunition,, inappropriate use etc etc charges then need to also be aimed (pardon the pun) at the likes of the producer and the armorer involved.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Robin » 27 Oct 2021, 2:56 pm

In all fairness , the shooter should have checked the gun, however I don't know how many actors would know anything about a gun apart from it goes bang , I guess it's like going to a work site, yoi get inducted, you get the safety brief, maybe they should have a safety officer who over sees the risk and training.

On the other side, why would you have live ammo near blanks , that's crazy.
Robin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 27 Oct 2021, 3:26 pm

Robin wrote:In all fairness , the shooter should have checked the gun, however I don't know how many actors would know anything about a gun apart from it goes bang , I guess it's like going to a work site, yoi get inducted, you get the safety brief, maybe they should have a safety officer who over sees the risk and training.

On the other side, why would you have live ammo near blanks , that's crazy.

I don't think it much matters if it was live ammo or blank, pointing it at a person at close range is extremely dangerous, pulling the trigger is just insane. There is no reason to point a live firearm directly at an actor, ever.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 27 Oct 2021, 3:38 pm

bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Bill » 27 Oct 2021, 6:18 pm

So what if they had a explosive switch that an actor had to push in a scene and was rigged to a small firecracker type explosive and someone swapped in 5kg C4.......

They had rules and people in place to ensure a safe enviroment, they failed badly, hardly the actors fault.
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 27 Oct 2021, 7:00 pm

Bill wrote:

So what if they had a explosive switch that an actor had to push in a scene and was rigged to a small firecracker type explosive and someone swapped in 5kg C4.......

They had rules and people in place to ensure a safe enviroment, they failed badly, hardly the actors fault.

If you are suggesting that somebody somehow put a live round in this firearm, after the actor had confirmed it was safe, and somehow made it shoot so far to one side as to hit a person that is not being aimed at, then I would agree with you. There is no reason for any actor to point a firearm directly at another person, and they are fully aware of this. It only takes a few brain cells to keep _any_ firearm pointed at a safe place, just in case the impossible does occur. Then you patch the hole in the set, change your undies, and get back to work. This is _entirely_ his fault, others were negligent in allowing it to happen, but he did it, and did it deliberately, this is not an accident, this is negligence.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 27 Oct 2021, 7:00 pm

I'm puzzled why OSHA isn't getting a mention. Police seem to be handling it. All the laws are different over there though.

https://www.osha.gov/
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 27 Oct 2021, 7:13 pm

Bill wrote:

So what if they had a explosive switch that an actor had to push in a scene and was rigged to a small firecracker type explosive and someone swapped in 5kg C4...

Exactly,,,,,, What if,, :unknown: :crazy: your stretching the realms of possibility to a ridiculous point.
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 27 Oct 2021, 7:28 pm

Die Judicii wrote:
Bill wrote:

So what if they had a explosive switch that an actor had to push in a scene and was rigged to a small firecracker type explosive and someone swapped in 5kg C4...

Exactly,,,,,, What if,, :unknown: :crazy: your stretching the realms of possibility to a ridiculous point.

Well beyond ridiculous...
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 27 Oct 2021, 7:36 pm

Where's Womble ??
He usually has some well informed and prudent advice/information,,,, specially in his position.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 27 Oct 2021, 7:38 pm

Bill wrote:
Downunder wrote:They had rules and people in place to ensure a safe enviroment, they failed badly, hardly the actors fault.

In this case the actor is also one of the directors/producers, so safety is within his purview even if he never touched the firearm...
If others failed to make it safe to work there, he is one of those that was supposed to kick their arses...
He did nothing at all, except join in the fun and games, and killed somebody...
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 27 Oct 2021, 7:48 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Bill wrote:
Downunder wrote:They had rules and people in place to ensure a safe enviroment, they failed badly, hardly the actors fault.

In this case the actor is also one of the directors/producers, so safety is within his purview even if he never touched the firearm...
If others failed to make it safe to work there, he is one of those that was supposed to kick their arses...
He did nothing at all, except join in the fun and games, and killed somebody...

Jury is still well and truly out,,,,,,,,, but well said.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 27 Oct 2021, 8:35 pm

https://youtu.be/aHJxRQMdkvw

AB chatting with a photographer a couple years ago...
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 27 Oct 2021, 8:43 pm

bladeracer wrote:https://youtu.be/aHJxRQMdkvw

AB chatting with a photographer a couple years ago...

Straight outta Fort Knox,,,,,,,,,,,, Gold
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by wanneroo » 28 Oct 2021, 12:07 am

bladeracer wrote:
I disagree. He has been one of the most vocal "celebs" putting it into us, and the entire right, for years, while making a hell of a lot of money out of the very stuff he claims is so evil. The only thing I know him from in the past 25 years is his atrocious, but continual, attempt to lampoon Trump on SNL, for money. The clips I've seen make no attempt at humour, it's pure bullying (something he is also known to enjoy, even more than "acting") to push his leftist agenda. The agenda being of course to make tons of money out of pushing his country back into the 1800's.

He fully deserves everything he'll manage to foist onto some other innocent party via copious amounts of cash and industry pressure.
He killed a person because he is the very type of person _he_ believes should _never_ have access to firearms, except for him and his cronies.

I'm wondering more about how many other things he's managed to get away with over the years that never became public...

No amount of vigilance on our part will ever satisfy the anti-gun nuts. We could go decades without a single armed robbery, armed assault, a hunter being killed in an accident, or an actor killing somebody through negligence, and they would still want us all disarmed.

Well, you get it.

Anti gun nuts will always anti gun, except for their own purposes such as armed security or making money from movies or whatever.

These people are miserable people that want to project their own misery on others and their mindset is if they create an elite they will be happy lording it over the little people. That's why there is a whole propaganda push now to get rid of meat and the internal combustion engine and other things that give a good standard of living to the average person out there.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by womble » 28 Oct 2021, 3:06 am

Die Judicii wrote:Where's Womble ??
He usually has some well informed and prudent advice/information,,,, specially in his position.

I have none of the above :D

I just don’t get it. I put the responsibility on the person holding the gun. What is this cold gun, hot gun crap.
Treat any firearm as if it were loaded.
I think it’s reasonable to assume he knew he was holding a gun.
And as the movies producer he must have known they were using real guns, not props. So he’s the boss on the set leaving him with that ultimate responsibility.
All kinds of guilty.
But can afford the best lawyers. Someone will fry for it. But most likely some cheap mexican labourer on the set. But not Alec, he’s a celebrity.
Last edited by womble on 28 Oct 2021, 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 28 Oct 2021, 4:08 am

If we could find a black single mother who’s also gay in the nearby vicinity..
And we could prove she was using a fake birth certificate at the time..
This could explain everything.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Larry » 28 Oct 2021, 7:04 am

At best he will get sued in a civil Action aka OJ style.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by bladeracer » 28 Oct 2021, 7:21 am

womble wrote:If we could find a black single mother who’s also gay in the nearby vicinity..
And we could prove she was using a fake birth certificate at the time..
This could explain everything.

The conspiracy theories are already nuts, probably driven by the parties concerned to turn it into a farce.
Apparently she was working on something that would put the final nails in Clinton's coffin and had to be removed...which would be ridiculous to set up a lefty mouthpiece for :-)
And they were having an affair and he deliberately mismanaged the set so he could murder her and blame it on an employee, more believable as he is a nasty piece, but still pretty ridiculous.
Anybody heard any others, maybe something involving UFO's or Scientology, or maybe Trump impersonated AB to set him up for this :-)
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Bill » 28 Oct 2021, 7:23 am

I love all these so called movie experts and their opinions :lol:

The armourer has responsibility for all firearms and ammunition on set., thats how it works !!!

It was a 45 Colt with a live round that was handed to AB, would he even know the difference between Dummy round, Blank or Live round ??

No and that's why they have an Armourer. I dont watch Alec Baldwin films and nor do I care or follow this man and his Politics, but it sure as hell looks like the woke brigade do :crazy: :lol:

Baldwin is listed a Co producer so he may be liable financially later in a civil court.

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by straightshooter » 28 Oct 2021, 7:51 am

In the absence of concrete knowledge the vast majority of people tend to ingest the various possibilities and then settle on the explanation(s) that appeal to their personal biases.
That is how it works, it always has and it always will.
As for AB he at the very least will have to defend a charge of involuntary manslaughter. So he will first be tried in the media and that will set the frame of reference in the minds of the majority of the jurors.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 28 Oct 2021, 8:47 am

Bill wrote:

I love all these so called movie experts and their opinions :lol:

The armourer has responsibility for all firearms and ammunition on set., thats how it works !!!

It was a 45 Colt with a live round that was handed to AB, would he even know the difference between Dummy round, Blank or Live round ??

No and that's why they have an Armourer. I dont watch Alec Baldwin films and nor do I care or follow this man and his Politics, but it sure as hell looks like the woke brigade do :crazy: :lol:

Baldwin is listed a Co producer so he may be liable financially later in a civil court.

The armourer may be responsible for control of the firearms, but only one person is responsible for pointing it at somebody and pulling the trigger, which any armourer would've warned an actor against doing.

This has nothing to do with it being a film set or anything else. A person was given a firearm, knows and proclaims continually that firearms are evil things that nobody should have access to, while making his income out of regularly pretending to kill people with firearms, then proceeds to not ensure it is pointed in a safe direction, then deliberately pulls the trigger. How an intelligent person can claim it is all somebody else's responsibility is completely beyond me.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 28 Oct 2021, 9:05 am

It is so hard to have a fair trial in that situation.

Anyway he's an actor. And known as anti gun. And impersonates Trump. So that's what we know.

Hes a professional actor, so his job is to pretend to do something, but not be an expert at it. So he can pretend to be a truck driver not actually be a truck driver aka know all the rules and regulations, know how to reverse a trailer or anything about load restraint. A movie would employ a professional truck driver who's job is to teach the basics and ensure things are done safely.

In this situation, like all others they employed an armourer, who's job is to ensure safely etc etc.

Heck I don't know if I could tell the difference between blank or real ammo...as I haven't seen blanks in real life
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Bill » 28 Oct 2021, 9:13 am

Straightshooter you're putting the cart before the horse here. Talk of juries/manslaughter charges against AB are funny as hell, the AG in New Mexico is a Democrat :lol:

New Mexico is a Democrat state that Joe Biden won by more than 10% when he thrashed the other guy :o

Id be surprised if AB didnt just pay the deceased family and injured person some cash solving all problem he may have as a Co producer. :thumbsup:

Bladeracer you seem to be off on a tangent with this one :wtf:

Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Bill » 28 Oct 2021, 9:57 am

Die Judicii wrote:I'm with Downunder,,,,,,,,
I still maintain it's the person who pulls the trigger is responsible,,,, and if that person has no way of knowing the difference
between live ammo, and blanks or doesn't know how to safely handle a firearm, then he or she simply should not have it in their hands.
End of story

Anything else like unsafe storage of ammunition,, inappropriate use etc etc charges then need to also be aimed (pardon the pun) at the likes of the producer and the armorer involved.

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. - In a new search warrant filed Wednesday, it's clear not all safety protocols were followed on the "Rust" set.

According to the warrant, the movie's assistant director David Halls told investigators safety protocol on set requires him to check the barrel for obstructions. The armorer, Hannah Gutierrez, opens the hatch and spins the drum, before he says "cold gun" on set.

Halls said when Gutierrez showed him the gun before rehearsal, he could only remember seeing three rounds and admitted he should've checked all of them – but didn't – and could not recall if she spun the drum.

https://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news/wa ... 3/?cat=500

Responsibility falls on the Armourer and Assistant director, quit reading from the Woke media and you might learn something :sarcasm:

Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Bill » 28 Oct 2021, 10:11 am

The real reason the Woke brigade are going hard for Alec Baldwin :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vQlhWBvAwY

They want payback for the years of ridicule Baldwin heaped on the other guy who GI Joe beat up badly at the last election :thumbsup:

Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by cz515 » 28 Oct 2021, 11:03 am

Ahh yes for mocking the guy, who blackmailed a foreign leader to do things that would personally benefit the El Presidente himself. Or who was impeached. Or who spent more than 1/3 of the days he spent in office playing golf.

Ahh is too easy to make fun of the orange guy
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 28 Oct 2021, 11:39 am

Bill wrote:The real reason the Woke brigade are going hard for Alec Baldwin :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vQlhWBvAwY

They want payback for the years of ridicule Baldwin heaped on the other guy who GI Joe beat up badly at the last election :thumbsup:

As I haven't owned a TV in twenty years I've only seen the occasional clip posted on social media.
The real reason _any_ sane person wants him to get everything he deserves for this is because he did it...
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

PreviousNext

Return to Firearms related media and politics