Kyle Sandilands is denied a gun licence

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Kyle Sandilands is denied a gun licence

Post by Oldbloke » 22 Dec 2021, 10:12 am

Shootermick wrote:Maybe he wants his gun license so that he can join Bangwhizzcrack’s commune??

lol chimp.gif
lol chimp.gif (284.83 KiB) Viewed 2907 times
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 22 Dec 2021, 11:33 am

Bugman wrote:
Blr243 wrote:If you were a fit and proper person would you be associating with a major drug dealer ? Or would you just be hanging out with bobby the lawn mower man down the road, or Tim the soccer coach ?

Correct. The checks and balances we have as far a firearm licensing, imo, are pretty fair. Yes things can go wrong, but it appears not very often. As much as CIC would love to hand out firearm licences to anyone he deems fit, I am glad he is not the one doing so. The powers that be are the ones in charge, good, bad or indifferent. It is, at present the best we have. If certain people want to change it then go for it, and bloody good luck trying. It would appear that empty vessels do make the most sound.

Please don't insult me. There would be no such thing as a “firearm licence” If I had my way. :drinks:

A simple background check at the point of sale to make sure the person is not a rapist, wanted criminal or ISIS is sufficient.

Never forget that Queensland never had “licences” until 1990.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by cz515 » 22 Dec 2021, 11:37 am

What's wrong with a Isis? Idd be more worried about the boys in blue shaven heads saying hello Hitler.... and it seems like even ASIO agrees now that they have taken care of the Isis wank3rs
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by disco stu » 22 Dec 2021, 12:05 pm

Boys in blue meaning police, or is blue the color of choice of these Nazi types?

Edit: Think I've found the answer
https://www.abc.net.au/religion/10094792
disco stu
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Bugman » 22 Dec 2021, 12:22 pm

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:
Bugman wrote:
Blr243 wrote:If you were a fit and proper person would you be associating with a major drug dealer ? Or would you just be hanging out with bobby the lawn mower man down the road, or Tim the soccer coach ?

Correct. The checks and balances we have as far a firearm licensing, imo, are pretty fair. Yes things can go wrong, but it appears not very often. As much as CIC would love to hand out firearm licences to anyone he deems fit, I am glad he is not the one doing so. The powers that be are the ones in charge, good, bad or indifferent. It is, at present the best we have. If certain people want to change it then go for it, and bloody good luck trying. It would appear that empty vessels do make the most sound.

Please don't insult me. There would be no such thing as a “firearm licence” If I had my way. :drinks:

A simple background check at the point of sale to make sure the person is not a rapist, wanted criminal or ISIS is sufficient.

Didn't have to insult you. Your doing all the lead up work yourself. If you had your way, me thinks we would all be in deep doggy poo as far as licenses go. AND how would you propose a simple background check be carried out at the point of sale?
Where would the relevant information come from etc? You seem to fill your mind with made up opinions mixed with a smattering of facts and possibly pseudo facts.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by cz515 » 22 Dec 2021, 12:30 pm

^^^^

I been saying that for a while about CiC
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 22 Dec 2021, 2:05 pm

The background check would be the same way the Americans do it. At the point of sale at a dealership(FFL) they fill out a form(form 4473). It goes through a FBI database called “nics”(national instant check system) that is run in live time everyday of the year.

If the buyer is not a prohibited person they get their gun. The whole thing can take a quick as 10 minutes or up to 3 days. After the 3 day mark if they can't prove your a criminal they legally have to give you the gun.

This is a much more efficient system as it is run in live time. A PTA in Queensland lasts for 6 months and a A/B licence 10 years. Someone could have committed a crime and be on the run 5 months ago walk into a dealership show their PTA and licence and get a gun. With a live system at the point of sale this would never happen.

Everyone has a medicare card. The government knows who we are and our criminal history.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 22 Dec 2021, 2:18 pm

Bugman wrote:
Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:
Bugman wrote:

Didn't have to insult you. Your doing all the lead up work yourself. If you had your way, me thinks we would all be in deep doggy poo as far as licenses go. AND how would you propose a simple background check be carried out at the point of sale?
Where would the relevant information come from etc? You seem to fill your mind with made up opinions mixed with a smattering of facts and possibly pseudo facts.

If they can okay our permits in as little as ten-minutes here in Victoria, why would a criminal history check take any longer?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 22 Dec 2021, 2:35 pm

The proven with a criminal history check..... is that you are sending all your personal info into a database run by the evil goberment.
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 22 Dec 2021, 2:53 pm

cz515 wrote:The proven with a criminal history check..... is that you are sending all your personal info into a database run by the evil goberment.

Is a licence system any different? They have all the information, they know who we are. Thats why compulsory voting is a thing in this federation. So they can tick our name off the list every few years to make sure we are alive.

In a ideal world the guns will return to kmart and target in the sports section and Joe citizen can walk in a buy what his wallet will allow.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by cz515 » 22 Dec 2021, 3:24 pm

That doesn't even work in good old usa.
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 22 Dec 2021, 10:59 pm

I googled Ibrahim tis arv. Def no angel. Sounds like he’s been very suss for a long time. Sounds like a very cunning wild dog that just can’t be caught. I think police / detectives would likely develop a very strong desire and try extremely hard to eventually get the difficult ones that reek of criminal activity
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Downunder » 26 Dec 2021, 6:14 am

This post shows the prejudice, intolerance and elitist self importance of many who have passed a firearms safety course.
I’m certainly no fan of Sanderlands but those with such short sightedness to gloat and cheers the governments servants decrees only further do harm to the fight potential legitimate applicants have and the future of firearms ownership.
Downunder
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 26 Dec 2021, 8:52 am

Downunder wrote:This post shows the prejudice, intolerance and elitist self importance of many who have passed a firearms safety course.
I’m certainly no fan of Sanderlands but those with such short sightedness to gloat and cheers the governments servants decrees only further do harm to the fight potential legitimate applicants have and the future of firearms ownership.

And yet you posted this in another thread?
"Fkem, private ranges are the go now. We’ve a private PRS match starting in Feb. By being invite only we can filter the class of personality we get restricting admittance to Only good people who don’t discriminate or segregate."

Exactly how does your "filtering" system work?
You wish to discriminate and segregate in order to filter out the elite people who don't discriminate or segregate?
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16239&start=120#p280855
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 26 Dec 2021, 9:35 am

Lol the irony is funny
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 26 Dec 2021, 6:20 pm

Downunder wrote:This post shows the prejudice, intolerance and elitist self importance of many who have passed a firearms safety course.

So your saying someone with links to the underworld and who's known to be unhinged should have got his licence because he's famous?
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics