Kyle Sandilands is denied a gun licence

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Kyle Sandilands is denied a gun licence

Post by SwissMiss » 19 Dec 2021, 2:39 pm

SwissMiss
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Kyle Sandilands is denied a gun licence

Post by on_one_wheel » 19 Dec 2021, 3:57 pm

Sucked in to him, hopefully he was told the refusal was because he's a complete tool.
No doubt he'll help a lawyer or 3 buy a few houses and cars trying to fight it... sucker :lol:
Last edited by on_one_wheel on 19 Dec 2021, 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 19 Dec 2021, 4:02 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:Sucked in to him, hopefully he was told the refusal was because he's a complete tool.

agree 1000% . :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 19 Dec 2021, 4:28 pm

I don't know who he is but I don't see the reason to gloat on the issue. We need more licence holders not less. If he is not a criminal then I don't see why he should be denied.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Shootermick » 19 Dec 2021, 4:32 pm

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:I don't know who he is but I don't see the reason to gloat on the issue. We need more licence holders not less. If he is not a criminal then I don't see why he should be denied.

Actually the other blokes are right on this one. He is guilty of the crime of being an absolute tool. He’s one license holder we don’t need.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by deye243 » 19 Dec 2021, 4:56 pm

Last edited by deye243 on 19 Dec 2021, 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deye243
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by deye243 » 19 Dec 2021, 4:57 pm

Shootermick wrote:
Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:I don't know who he is but I don't see the reason to gloat on the issue. We need more licence holders not less. If he is not a criminal then I don't see why he should be denied.

Actually the other blokes are right on this one. He is guilty of the crime of being an absolute tool. He’s one license holder we don’t need.

Well if what you say is true I'd say at least 30% of licence holders should lose their licence from what I've seen over the last 40 years as far as I'm concerned this is nothing more than bulshit from the cops trying to gain more public support for their draconian meaningless gun laws .
Being an ass clown is not a crime ever turned the television on lately .
deye243
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 19 Dec 2021, 6:42 pm

Personally I don't care about his moronic comments and apparently bigoted heartless attitude towards the disabled, he is a "media identity" and sometimes controversy is part of the trade whether it is really "him" or not. I do care that he is personal friends and close associates of several major underworld figures and on that basis alone should not have a firearms licence the same as many others have been denied for the same reason. Either consorting is OK, or it is not. If it is OK then many family members who have bike club brothers, fathers, sons etc. should not have been denied a licence either.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 19 Dec 2021, 8:55 pm

Associating with complete dirtbags , brings you down sooner or later ... that’s not an opinion. It’s a fact. .. an opinion would be ,.this ..... personally I can’t see him crawling thru wet cold vegetation in the Victorian high country looking for sambar, or getting thru a barbed wire fence in the dark with an Adler on a pig hunting trip near Burke with dry galvanised burr in his socks
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 19 Dec 2021, 9:30 pm

kyle is a ego tripping f@ckwit . we do not need the likes of him as a fellow firearms licsence holder . i don't mind jackie-o however :D
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by womble » 20 Dec 2021, 3:25 am

Nsw is on an anti gun bender atm .
They’re just using a high profile figure to send a message. Set an example.
Political, leading up to federal election.
They dumped Gladwrap bbqchicken because she supported a gun club with funding. Replaced her with a zealot conservative crusader. They’re going in hard on guns and crime. They dont separate the two.

I’m not a fan of Kyle. But its his job to be an idiot. He’s a professional idiot and people tune in to that. I have zero idea what hes really like irl as a person.
I hope he wins his case.
I dont think he has a lot of friends, or apparently not good friends. And if hes interested in target shooting at a club I’ve no doubt our community will make him very welcome to join in.

He has a following,
He’s pro gun.
He should have our full support.
Don’t judge him if you dont know him.
I believe hes allready a member of a pistol club in as probationary period. Let them be the judge.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by disco stu » 20 Dec 2021, 7:26 am

I'm not fully down on the pistol side of things, but it says he already has what I assume is a probationary pistol licence. Wouldn't this mean he already has cat a and b licence? I thought that was needed first of all.

It also states he has been denied purchasing a rifle. Does this mean he has had PTA denied rather than licence itself?

I don't like the way he carries on in his show on air etc. I agree he is a tool, and seems to have made a point of cutting people down for show. But then I guess that is his brand. He isn't the only one you see that sort of thing from. I don't like it, or agree with it, but don't feel is right to deny licence or pta because of it
disco stu
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by straightshooter » 20 Dec 2021, 9:07 am

Womble
Many people believe an actor's 'on screen' persona is the same as his real life persona.
Similarly radio personalities.
However your diagnosis of what's behind NSW's current 'go hard on gun owners' may be somewhat flawed.
My information is that the state government via the police minister issued an instruction to the police during the various lockdowns to strictly enforce all laws and regulations without any individual discretion for leniency particularly where fines may be involved.
Let's hope things might change under the proposed new police minister.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by duddley75 » 20 Dec 2021, 9:18 am

disco stu wrote:I'm not fully down on the pistol side of things, but it says he already has what I assume is a probationary pistol licence. Wouldn't this mean he already has cat a and b licence? I thought that was needed first of all.

Nope you don't have to have Cat A/B to obtain Cat H.

If all you want is pistols, then obtaining Cat H is all you need.
duddley75
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 20 Dec 2021, 9:35 am

Each licence is seperate and having one does not mean you can have another. I know a bloke who only has cat D(farmer). In QLD you have to tick each category individually. He only ticked the D box so his licence just has a D on it. So he can only lawfully possess cat D firearms.

Sounds bizarre but the whole law is bizarre in my opinion.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Robin » 20 Dec 2021, 10:26 am

Kyle being a public personality could be good or bad for firearm owners , if he wasn't a complete fool then he would be great, however having him being the fool he is, will only be bad .

There are many horrible gun owners, however, many of them are not in the public eye.
Robin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 20 Dec 2021, 11:08 am

Why is he so horrible? Has he raped or killed people? Has he committed violent crimes? Is he ISIS? The law does not equate to a popularity contest. He is either a criminal or he is not.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 20 Dec 2021, 1:19 pm

If you were a fit and proper person would you be associating with a major drug dealer ? Or would you just be hanging out with bobby the lawn mower man down the road, or Tim the soccer coach ?
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 20 Dec 2021, 2:07 pm

Blr243 wrote:If you were a fit and proper person would you be associating with a major drug dealer ? Or would you just be hanging out with bobby the lawn mower man down the road, or Tim the soccer coach ?

I think Tim is being investigated for child abuse, and Bobby for B&E ;-)
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 20 Dec 2021, 2:56 pm

Well bugger me. I had no idea. They should not be allowed to have guns either
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Bugman » 20 Dec 2021, 3:06 pm

Blr243 wrote:If you were a fit and proper person would you be associating with a major drug dealer ? Or would you just be hanging out with bobby the lawn mower man down the road, or Tim the soccer coach ?

Correct. The checks and balances we have as far a firearm licensing, imo, are pretty fair. Yes things can go wrong, but it appears not very often. As much as CIC would love to hand out firearm licences to anyone he deems fit, I am glad he is not the one doing so. The powers that be are the ones in charge, good, bad or indifferent. It is, at present the best we have. If certain people want to change it then go for it, and bloody good luck trying. It would appear that empty vessels do make the most sound.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Hunter257 » 20 Dec 2021, 4:40 pm

If you knew who Kyle Sandilands was you'd know why everyone is gloating.
Yes we need more licensed shooters, but it's Kyle Sandilands - Knob of the century
Hunter257
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 20 Dec 2021, 7:32 pm

Perhaps somewhere out there he's created a profile on a shooting forum and started a thread "denied firearms licence" :lol:
Sucked in Sanders, that's what you get for hanging out with lowlifes and carrying on like a douche bag :violin:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by womble » 21 Dec 2021, 2:40 am

Oh come on thats just being mean.
He lives in the US most of the time anyway. So if he wanted to shoot people he’s had plenty of opportunity.
It’s just some cop on a power trip being a dick because he can.

Besides its Christmas. Don’t be a grinch
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Shootermick » 21 Dec 2021, 11:06 am

Maybe he wants his gun license so that he can join Bangwhizzcrack’s commune??
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Tiger650 » 21 Dec 2021, 1:51 pm

You fly with the crows you get shot at.
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 21 Dec 2021, 3:19 pm

Tiger650 wrote:You fly with the crows you get shot at.

Wise words of wisdom tiger . Worthy of being in Aesop’s fables :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 21 Dec 2021, 4:43 pm

Sleep with dogs and wake up with fleas , I wanna be in Aesop s fables too
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by straightshooter » 22 Dec 2021, 8:18 am

I don't get it.
So the refusal for the licence is due to Mr. Sandilands alleged association with a "known drug dealer", then why isn't the "known drug dealer" in goal?
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by cz515 » 22 Dec 2021, 9:35 am

Shootermick wrote:Maybe he wants his gun license so that he can join Bangwhizzcrack’s commune??

Rotfl that was good
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics