Secret Database Of "Nearly One Billion Gun Records

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Secret Database Of "Nearly One Billion Gun Records

Post by SwissMiss » 01 Feb 2022, 1:37 pm

SwissMiss
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Secret Database Of "Nearly One Billion Gun Records

Post by womble » 01 Feb 2022, 4:15 pm

I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 01 Feb 2022, 4:45 pm

Lol. Womble, which is your favourite?
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 01 Feb 2022, 5:11 pm

"In reality, a Registry guarantees that large-scale confiscation will happen at some point"

Ain't that the truth.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 01 Feb 2022, 5:14 pm

Never forget Howard blackmailed WA and QLD to sign the NFA.

Both states said having a registry would cost to much and serve no purpose.

Crappy VIC was banning self loading long arms in 1987 under Cain the commy. QLD didn't even have licences until 1990.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 01 Feb 2022, 5:32 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:"In reality, a Registry guarantees that large-scale confiscation (will)
MAY happen at some point"

Ain't that the truth.

Not saying it won't just saying it isn't "certain".
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 01 Feb 2022, 5:37 pm

To be fair to that wanker Howard, a registry is not needed to ban guns. I think we all remember that.

Even horse face in NZ did it and they don't have a registry.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by cz515 » 01 Feb 2022, 5:42 pm

Hey I don't mind, as far as we go we don't need semi auto rimfire or centrefire rifles.

The rest is just ridiculous rules. I mean what's the go with apparently laws... we are not allowed to carry firearms in public.
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 01 Feb 2022, 6:07 pm

You might not “need” but who are you to determine what other people want or need?

Also as far as I am concerned if you support any form of gun control then you support them all. So I support appearance laws to spite the people that tell me I don't need a self loading long arm.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 01 Feb 2022, 6:12 pm

cz515 wrote:Hey I don't mind, as far as we go we don't need semi auto rimfire or centrefire rifles.

The rest is just ridiculous rules. I mean what's the go with apparently laws... we are not allowed to carry firearms in public.

A semi-auto .22LR rifle is awesome for getting kids hooked on shooting. They'll sit there for hours slinging bullets down range. Without semi's we have to look at other ways to hook them. And sitting at a bench shooting groups at an approved range is not going to do it.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 01 Feb 2022, 6:13 pm

I support not giving guns to homicidal maniacs.

Are you reading this police
Last edited by womble on 01 Feb 2022, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 01 Feb 2022, 6:15 pm

One gun law evolves into another because people adapt to oppression in low dosages over time. So by supporting one you support them all.

1990 QLD bought in licences,
1996/7 registry, genuine reason and pure molestation
2002 pistols and magazines I think it was
2016 category amendments
2021 for whatever reason cat R replicas no longer needed a licence.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 01 Feb 2022, 7:11 pm

bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 01 Feb 2022, 7:39 pm

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:To be fair to that wanker Howard, a registry is not needed to ban guns. I think we all remember that.

But it's definitely needed to ensure all legally purchased firearms since 96 can be easily confiscated.
Prior to that only the honest people handed their Firearms in, truckloads of them ended up on the black market and hidden.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 01 Feb 2022, 7:55 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:
Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:To be fair to that wanker Howard, a registry is not needed to ban guns. I think we all remember that.

But it's definitely needed to ensure all legally purchased firearms since 96 can be easily confiscated.
Prior to that only the honest people handed their Firearms in, truckloads of them ended up on the black market and hidden.

Yes you are correct. There is an estimated 1 million unregistered firearms in the federation.

Also with police incompetence what it is in every state, every registry is full of holes. Victoria lost over 100 thousand firearms and South Australia is rumoured to have lost everything which is why you have that self audit.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 01 Feb 2022, 8:18 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:Prior to that only the honest people handed their Firearms in, truckloads of them ended up on the black market and hidden.

And they're not doing anybody any harm at all.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 01 Feb 2022, 9:20 pm

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:

Yes you are correct. There is an estimated 1 million unregistered firearms in the federation.

Also with police incompetence what it is in every state, every registry is full of holes. Victoria lost over 100 thousand firearms and South Australia is rumoured to have lost everything which is why you have that self audit.

I was suspicious of that, however they do know whose licenced, and I for one have had every firearm temporarily confiscated, stored and logged into the armoury ... it would be a safe bet to assume the registry is up to speed on what I own, not that I'd consider doing anything shady when it comes to the self audit.
It's also possible and far more likely that getting owners to log the data is a cost saving strategy potentially saving somewhere in the vicinity of 50,000 to 100,000 hours of work, it also opens the door for people to forfeit their privileges by attempting to be dishonest.
I can definitely vouch for the incompetence, when I had a highly vexatious restraining order placed on me the police had no idea that they were dealing with a licensed firearms owner until they asked me if I kept firearms, once told they had no idea of what they had to do, they were more than happy to leave me with them until I convinced them to contact their Sargent for instructions.
Lucky I wasn't the crazy drug fueled murderous madman I was made out to be :lol:
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by womble » 02 Feb 2022, 3:03 am

A million is the most conservative estimate I’ve ever heard of.
We introduced prohibition and so we deregulated ownership.
Nowadays at least half the people who have access to guns are introduced to them through crime.

Regulation is necessary but it must be done well. It’s insane to suggest zero gun control. Where that exists are the most murderous states in the world.
But there are countries with high levels of armed citizens that are well regulated and have the lowest crime rates.
Unfortunately we’re not one of them. We’re a bit more like Mexico.
It’s just a side effect of tough laws when accessibility is not so hard. You lose a fair degree of compliance.
Yeah good one Howard, d**khead.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by InisBineest » 02 Feb 2022, 6:11 am

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:You might not “need” but who are you to determine what other people want or need?

Also as far as I am concerned if you support any form of gun control then you support them all. So I support appearance laws to spite the people that tell me I don't need a self loading long arm.

While I understand that people have a different take firearms laws, I really think the notion of supporting on means you support them all is juvenile.

Do you support the laws against drink driving? Does that mean you support all the laws around driving... Every single one?

Sensible laws are a good thing, but the definition of sensible will of course vary between individuals. Which is what makes this matter more if a problem of how laws are made, not what laws are made. That's the thing about democracy, we love the idea that the people decide the government, but that only works if you are in the majority. Sucks if you aren't, which is one of the failing points of democracy. But then, name a better system that won't end up in someone loosing out?
InisBineest
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by womble » 02 Feb 2022, 8:23 am

One without prejudice would be a good start
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by SwissMiss » 02 Feb 2022, 11:58 am

womble wrote:Nowadays at least half the people who have access to guns are introduced to them through crime.

Did a fudd boomer tell you that or is that your own opinion?
SwissMiss
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by InisBineest » 02 Feb 2022, 12:14 pm

womble wrote:One without prejudice would be a good start

It would, but I don't think that is even possible, no one it without prejudice. So we need to work on something outside of the ideal... As the ideal is not remotely probable:(
InisBineest
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 02 Feb 2022, 12:36 pm

SwissMiss wrote:
womble wrote:Nowadays at least half the people who have access to guns are introduced to them through crime.

I think he meant non-licenced people, though I still think it's a stretch.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 02 Feb 2022, 3:20 pm

It’s fairly well guarded information nowadays but I’ll dig. Understand nobody really knows because we dont know how many were in country prior to the nfa.
The last time this sort of stuff was made public was 2016, where the estimate was around 600,000.
Since then we’ve had an ice epidemic which makes all involved in the trade super paranoid.
Now where they find drugs they find guns, is a given.

Here’s one example to start.
2018 last amnesty. Not widely announced, went for 3 months.
Approx 60,000 handed in. examples.below,
Within that cache a substantial amount of fully automatic weapons. These are not guns being surrendered by lafos.
Fully automatic is actually simpler to manufacture the semi automatic. Less complex.

Consider that happened 32 years after the 96 amnesty and we know with surety that we have a serious problem underground.
So much so in fact that after that result the amnesty was extended indefinitely,
so as not to display the embarrassment of failed gun control.

And to this day the registry is woefully inaccurate. Its never been resourced anywhere near the amount of administration it would require to function.

Prohibition always results in fighting a costly ongoing battle and always losing. A smart government ensures they hold onto regulation. Because if they dont organised crime will. Its too lucrative to resist.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 02 Feb 2022, 4:11 pm

The illegal arms trade is experiencing the biggest boom its ever seen, pardon the pun. Eastern Europe, South east Asia. They have no restrictions at home or only lip service restrictions catered for with bribes.
Ever more draconian measures of gun control create ever more demand.
10 years ago forbes estimated one AK-47 in existence for every 30 people global population.
This is a gun you can buy as a sheet of steel with cut and fold lines marked.
You don’t even need the dark web anymore, parts are so widely manufactured. They’re not sold by name and description. A little knowledge and a keen eye and what’s on offer is apparent. The last edition of sporting shooter even hinted at this.
It’s not hard for anyone with criminal intent.
Different states are fighting it in different ways. Some with dedicated task forces, some with unworkable precursor legislation. A couple that dont even bother for reasons i wont go in to.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 02 Feb 2022, 4:24 pm

SwissMiss wrote:

Umm, I can't see where Womble said that.

WTF is going on here?
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 02 Feb 2022, 4:29 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
SwissMiss wrote:

Umm, I can't see where Womble said that.

WTF is going on here?

Read his post at 0403 this morning.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 02 Feb 2022, 4:33 pm

"Read his post at 0403 this morning."

Lol, I missed that. Sorry
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 02 Feb 2022, 4:34 pm

Does anyone else notice this poster always posts a news article and never writes anything, ask questions or discusses things?
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by womble » 02 Feb 2022, 5:46 pm

Usually a heavily biased media beat up.
And this latest one no different really.
Of course the ATF keep records of sales.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics