Federal Election thread.

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Federal Election thread.

Post by Oldbloke » 01 Feb 2022, 5:25 pm

Well, looks like we are now entering "Election" mode.

I haven't voted for any of the major parties since about '96 or perhaps before. I have very little time for them, big business & the media are pulling their strings and frankly none of them (except perhaps Albanese) have lived like normal citizens. Just all lawyers doctors, business people.

So I always vote for SFFP or independents.

And our leader Scomo today said he was sorry for mistakes made over the last couple of years. Was he honest or was it just more "spin".

What are people's thoughts? Opinions etc. Let's try and keep it clean and civil. :roll:
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: Federal Election thread.

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 01 Feb 2022, 5:32 pm

Labor will win.

I predict a lot of minors such as one nation, united australia party and liberal democrats will win seats in the house and senate but labor will win majority.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 01 Feb 2022, 5:33 pm

Never forget scomo wanted to implement the 10 thousand dollar cash ban and wants to bring in having to prove identification to use the internet.

He hates freedom and anonymity so I hate him.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by womble » 01 Feb 2022, 5:57 pm

Scomo is getting absolutely reamed by newscorp.
But it’s only February and this is not new tactic.
It’s recruitment to draw in the left so you have a few months to mold their thinking.

There’s only one pro gun party and newscorp never mentions them so you’ve never heard of them.
Liberal Democrats.

But I’ll just follow what the shooters union lays out.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 01 Feb 2022, 6:39 pm

womble wrote:Scomo is getting absolutely reamed by newscorp.
But it’s only February and this is not new tactic.
It’s recruitment to draw in the left so you have a few months to mold their thinking.

There’s only one pro gun party and newscorp never mentions them so you’ve never heard of them.
Liberal Democrats.

But I’ll just follow what the shooters union lays out.

That smacks of he got a huge donation then forgot to bend over. Lol. Perhaps the lube wasn't on offer.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Pudlux » 01 Feb 2022, 6:42 pm

Just watch where you preferences go. The hidden evil.
Pudlux
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Bill » 01 Feb 2022, 6:52 pm

It wouldn't surprise me to see Clive Palmers preferences re elect Scomo.

Plus we have a solid Right wing Conservative Media backing the LNP so I dont reckon Labor really has a chance
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Pudlux » 01 Feb 2022, 6:52 pm

Just watch where you preferences go. The hidden evil.
Pudlux
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 01 Feb 2022, 7:02 pm

Pudlux wrote:Just watch where you preferences go. The hidden evil.

Agree. Would rather we didn't have them.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 01 Feb 2022, 7:14 pm

Preferences are fine. I would rather John citizen actually took an interest in politics and not just put a 1 next to labour or liberal because thats who their dad voted for.

Most people in this federation are so dumb that they have no idea about the party they vote for and their policies. Elections are not popularity contests they are about getting stuff done.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 01 Feb 2022, 7:20 pm

“If you do not take an interest in the affairs of your government, then you are doomed to live under the rule of fools.“

~ Some dead Greek bloke from thousands of years ago
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 01 Feb 2022, 7:21 pm

images (3).jpeg
Federal Erection
images (3).jpeg (29.47 KiB) Viewed 3928 times
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by womble » 02 Feb 2022, 4:05 am

Bill wrote:It wouldn't surprise me to see Clive Palmers preferences re elect Scomo.

Plus we have a solid Right wing Conservative Media backing the LNP so I dont reckon Labor really has a chance

The media has to ensure its influence and affluence.
Scomo is a difficult horse to back all things considered. Plus you’ve got a deputy pm that every female voter in the country hates.
I can see the media calling it for labor. We just get conservative lite. But essentially nothing really changes for corporate powerhouses.

And yes the united fat bastards counts for such a small percentage it’s going straight to the LNP.
Wont be significant enough though.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by straightshooter » 02 Feb 2022, 7:27 am

To paraphrase George Carlin:
If voting made a difference they wouldn't allow it.

All you are voting for is who will be in charge of the "trough", or if you prefer, the current overseer of the serfdom we live in.
The real people who drive the political agendas and who dictate important political decisions are never divulged into popular perception.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 02 Feb 2022, 7:32 am

Politicians come and go but the real deep state is the public servants who spend decades in their job. They are the ones driving policy as they are considered the so called “experts”.

It should be a law that every public servant has to be listed on a website with how much they make a year and what they actually do. Tax payers want accountability.

Personally I think it should also be a law that if you are a public servant and or receive any form of welfare you lose your voting rights, serving military, veterans on pensions and disabled people who physically cant work and need state care excluded.
Last edited by Communism_Is_Cancer on 02 Feb 2022, 7:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by straightshooter » 02 Feb 2022, 7:42 am

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:Personally I think it should also be a law that if you are a public servant and or receive any form of welfare you lose your voting rights.

I have a feeling you are going to be outvoted on that one especially after little johnny splurged on "middle class welfare".
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 02 Feb 2022, 7:47 am

straightshooter wrote:
Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:Personally I think it should also be a law that if you are a public servant and or receive any form of welfare you lose your voting rights.

I have a feeling you are going to be outvoted on that one especially after little johnny splurged on "middle class welfare".

Because so many people are to stupid to realise that public servant bureaucrats, especially on the local level are the reason we are in such a mess.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Sarco » 02 Feb 2022, 9:19 pm

In all elections, the flow of preferences is my bugbear.
Absolutely for the Federal Senate causing it to be really, in the words of Paul Keating "unrepresentative swill".
With the multitude of minor parties and "independants" that spring up prior to the election and then disappear just after purely designed to pass preferences.
Independants that nobody has ever heard of until just before the closure of nominations and espousing all sorts of single issue and airy-fairy policies.
Independants that are in reality stooges for the major parties, but mostly labour/green alliances. Similarly with all the proliferation minor parties.
Sarco
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 03 Feb 2022, 4:29 pm

Frankly Scott Morrison is a worthless toad.

Obviously I wouldn't give a thought to any of the left wing parties but Scott Morrison will never be remembered as a great statesman.

What exactly does he bring to the table?
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by womble » 03 Feb 2022, 5:04 pm

Difficult to assess because he’s not very honest.
And he’s usually nowhere to be found when his presence is required.
We haven’t really seen him around for the last 2 years actually. But now here he is.
We dont really know who he is though.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 03 Feb 2022, 5:29 pm

Scomo is a scumbag. The first PM to oversee the federation fracture into pieces and he has done nothing about it when he legally has the constitution allowing him to keep the federation in order. Meanwhile he supplied army trucks to Gunner in the NT to transport local aboriginal people and intern them for weeks against their will.

Disgusting behaviour.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 03 Feb 2022, 6:16 pm

As Australian citizens our birthright(one of our few rights) is uninhibited travel between the states and territories that make up the federation. You could make an argument for Norfolk Island but we will exclude that for now.

And Scomo comes out yesterday loving up to Mcclown from WA. He is just a weak man incapable of being PM. We need Pauline in the job. She has more balls than any of em.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 03 Feb 2022, 9:45 pm

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:As Australian citizens our birthright(one of our few rights) is uninhibited travel between the states and territories that make up the federation. You could make an argument for Norfolk Island but we will exclude that for now.

And Scomo comes out yesterday loving up to Mcclown from WA. He is just a weak man incapable of being PM. We need Pauline in the job. She has more balls than any of em.

Not having a dig.
OK. We like to think that and we have assumed that to be true in the past. But it seems it's not the case though.

I think the situation is that:
Federal controls the coast, including ports and states control their borders. Territories, my bet is Feds control their borders.

What I see is people talk about constitutional rights, but my bet is very few here have read even a few pages of the constitution, let alone understand any of it.

If you want to learn the truth, go to the source, not faceache or whatever.

For those interested you can get a copy here:

https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament ... nstitution
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 04 Feb 2022, 2:31 am

So when do we tell the queen of England to stick that up her ass.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 04 Feb 2022, 3:18 am

In theory, if we could somehow convince every voter to preference both majors last. They would cease to exist.
And that shouldn’t take a lot of convincing, because if we’re really being honest here, both are total dipshits.
And it would be awesome.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 04 Feb 2022, 7:11 am

womble wrote:In theory, if we could somehow convince every voter to preference both majors last. They would cease to exist.
And that shouldn’t take a lot of convincing, because if we’re really being honest here, both are total dipshits.
And it would be awesome.

That's what I do.

Has the SFFP got a show this time round?
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Wm.Traynor » 04 Feb 2022, 8:52 am

Oldbloke wrote:
womble wrote:In theory, if we could somehow convince every voter to preference both majors last. They would cease to exist.
And it would be awesome.

That's what I do.

Has the SFFP got a show this time round?
They have no contenders in Qld., from a quick look at their website :cry:
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by Bugman » 04 Feb 2022, 10:46 am

wanneroo wrote:Frankly Scott Morrison is a worthless toad.

Obviously I wouldn't give a thought to any of the left wing parties but Scott Morrison will never be remembered as a great statesman.

What exactly does he bring to the table?

Judging by his size, a pretty big appetite?
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 04 Feb 2022, 1:43 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:As Australian citizens our birthright(one of our few rights) is uninhibited travel between the states and territories that make up the federation. You could make an argument for Norfolk Island but we will exclude that for now.

Not having a dig.
OK. We like to think that and we have assumed that to be true in the past. But it seems it's not the case though.

I think the situation is that:
Federal controls the coast, including ports and states control their borders. Territories, my bet is Feds control their borders.

What I see is people talk about constitutional rights, but my bet is very few here have read even a few pages of the constitution, let alone understand any of it.

If you want to learn the truth, go to the source, not faceache or whatever.

For those interested you can get a copy here:

https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament ... nstitution

The fed is in control of all international ports of call. However as Australians we are enshrined the right to freedom of movement within the federation. We are also enshrined as subjects of the Queen, a resident in any State, shall not be subject in any other State to any disability or discrimination
which would not be equally applicable to him if he were a subject of the Queen resident in such other State.

According to the UNs definition Australians are "internally displaced people" for not allowing freedom of movement within its borders. Which means our basic human rights have been breached.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 04 Feb 2022, 1:47 pm

Another reason to hate Scomo.

It has been revealed, the army was war gaming turning citizens away from hospitals with use of force. So the government forces you to pay Medicare then when you want to go to a hospital they were planning to set up road blocks and turn you away from using the service you paid for.

Unbelievable. If people can not see how extreme the federal government is then you are a lost soul.

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavir ... 489db955e5
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics