Federal Election thread.

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Federal Election thread.

Post by cz515 » 24 May 2022, 12:59 pm

Well we'll all, this election has proved a few things

Firstly the slipped eel got found out. And glad he is gone.

Secondly most people in Australia do not want a conservative government. Ex liberal voters do not want Liberals as conservative anyhow. They want a centralist type of party something to be aware of environmental concerns and be good economic managers but not be as loopy as the greens, or Labor.

Under scomo liberals became out of touch with their grassroot members. They stood for nothing, whoever and whatever made the loosest noise was what liberals stood for.

And when you forget your identity you forget your way. Now liberals have a great opportunity that they didn't have last election, to find themselves. They are not Trump wannabe but i have a feeling with Dutton they are going to try to become Trump. And probably lose next election

The fact that people here are calling them centralist is proof of what i just said. You don't know what they are, they don't know what they are. A centralist party will not drag its feet kicking abs screening to accept gay marriage, they will not be kicking and screening accept climate change and targets, they sure as he'll will not be picking fights with neighbours.

Anyway labour are in, hopefully over some time we normalise our relationship with China, Australian companies can start exporting to China, good for Australia and Australian jobs, hopefully Chinese students come back here to study, good for our students, good for universities, good for our restaurants and our jobs.

Edit. And before someone says india. They are fkn poor, they live 5 to a bedroom in a sharper, and take your jobs and work for 5c (hey is good for me i am looking forward to employing a few of them)
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by bullzeye » 24 May 2022, 2:00 pm

womble wrote:
bullzeye wrote:I’d rather a conservative government than these left wing SJWs. God help us, let’s try get the ALP out within 1 term!

What would you most like to see banned next ?

Males competing in female sporting events.
bullzeye
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by womble » 24 May 2022, 5:16 pm

cz515 wrote:Well we'll all, this election has proved a few things

Firstly the slipped eel got found out. And glad he is gone.

Secondly most people in Australia do not want a conservative government. Ex liberal voters do not want Liberals as conservative anyhow. They want a centralist type of party something to be aware of environmental concerns and be good economic managers but not be as loopy as the greens, or Labor.

Under scomo liberals became out of touch with their grassroot members. They stood for nothing, whoever and whatever made the loosest noise was what liberals stood for.

And when you forget your identity you forget your way. Now liberals have a great opportunity that they didn't have last election, to find themselves. They are not Trump wannabe but i have a feeling with Dutton they are going to try to become Trump. And probably lose next election

The fact that people here are calling them centralist is proof of what i just said. You don't know what they are, they don't know what they are. A centralist party will not drag its feet kicking abs screening to accept gay marriage, they will not be kicking and screening accept climate change and targets, they sure as he'll will not be picking fights with neighbours.

Anyway labour are in, hopefully over some time we normalise our relationship with China, Australian companies can start exporting to China, good for Australia and Australian jobs, hopefully Chinese students come back here to study, good for our students, good for universities, good for our restaurants and our jobs.

Edit. And before someone says india. They are fkn poor, they live 5 to a bedroom in a sharper, and take your jobs and work for 5c (hey is good for me i am looking forward to employing a few of them)

Australia is a secular country by its constitution.
There’s only so conservative any government can be without changing the constitution.
So straightshooter is correct is his description as conservative in name only.
Because they are weak as piss conservatives. They can’t force religious ideals through the state. They can’t tell us who to marry or how many children we should have. They can’t tell us how we should talk or what we should wear. They can’t enact sharia law or ban abortion or make us all wear funny headwear. They can’t decide what class you belong to in society.
The church can. And indeed previous governments have, until challenged and defeated.
Because the government is overruled by the constitution. The government cannot.

So instead, what can they do to show their conservative ideals.
Find easy targets to denigrate that the public of the day can relate to. Minority groups to persecute to make the majority feel more esteemed.
Like shooters for example under Howard. Or transgender for example under Scomo. It really only has to be the persecution of the day. It could be asians or muslims, like Pauline tried on, twice. It could be “boat people”
Perhaps, those who were sent here first in chains are the best example.
Anyway, it really dose’nt matter what group you select, so long as you get Murdock and Costello behind it. sky news or fox.
Together we can all look down apon the scum of society from our towers of purity and moral righteousness. And in doing so raise our selves up.
Because that is the golden rule for conservatism. It relies entirely on denigrating a lower class, whether that be through religous or political ideology, or race. It relies on a hierachy.
And unless you are indigenous, every single person that ever migrated to this country came here to escape that.
And the high born or high cast or high class will lap it up.
In fact, they dont even have to be wealthy, just wealthy enough to pay taxes and have enough left to live with reasonable comfort. Just make therm feel like the special ones. You only have to provide the illusion. . Like Trump did. Or like Clive Palmer does.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 24 May 2022, 8:09 pm

Clivey only got what 2% or 3% of the votes.

Just think what he could do with the 100 million..... a nice super yacht from a Russian oligarch with running budget for me m the next 3 years
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 24 May 2022, 8:38 pm

womble wrote:What would you most like to see banned next ?

That question deserves a thread of its own.

I'd like to see the over-representation of minority groups on television banned to avoid confusion and normalisation in youngsters minds.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by MtnMan » 24 May 2022, 9:12 pm

^^^I concur!
MtnMan
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by cz515 » 24 May 2022, 9:47 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:

I'd like to see the over-representation of minority groups on television banned to avoid confusion and normalisation in youngsters minds.

The problem is is a democracy and the overwhelming majority disagree with you
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 24 May 2022, 11:58 pm

Some say the libs needed to be some centrist party and walk down the middle of the road. They just did that and got squished like grape.

Anytime the Republican Party in the USA tries squishy center of the road politics to appease everyone they get crushed in elections.

The National Party in New Zealand took the same tact and they have ended up so blown out from weak leadership, a smaller side party, the ACT Party has gained ground.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by womble » 25 May 2022, 3:47 am

Not really. They did that during their election campaign, but no one believed them.
Throughout their term all they did was procrastinate and sit idly by. The world moved on. Whilst we remained stagnant.

The Nationals have done well. Held all their ground and lost nothing. Because they work in the field with the people. Then report back to the ivory tower of the coalition. They need to go their own way and then form a coalition with labor.
That was our golden age of past. And it was innovative.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 25 May 2022, 4:10 am

on_one_wheel wrote:

I get that.
But what came first, the persecution or the compassion. I’d agree we’re being overly sympathetic.
But persecution can move rapidly and then a segment of society will take it to extremes. I can remember it being socially acceptable to bash gay kids in school. And that was the wrong answer.
I dont ever expect to understand gays. But I’ve never walked a mile in their heels. Not my place to judge. But i can afford them compasssion and let them feel safe. Least i can do.

Our children will inherit a world beyond our imagination. Where they will be required to interact with people very different than themselves and rapidly. Their competition will be ferocious.
To survive and thrive they must be flawless. If they dont learn to treat everybody with dignity and respect they won’t receive the same in kind.
It only took a smirk for our prime minister to lose all respect.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 25 May 2022, 7:45 am

womble wrote:Not really. They did that during their election campaign, but no one believed them.
Throughout their term all they did was procrastinate and sit idly by. The world moved on. Whilst we remained stagnant

Agreed mate.
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Bill » 25 May 2022, 8:56 am

on_one_wheel wrote:

what's this over representation you're talking about ? if I turn on any of the commercial stations all I see is white folk ??

My take on the Election is the so called Conservatives allowed the cancer of Identity Politics to consume their themselves, making their continued employment unpalatable. The community rejected Scomo and his ugly, bullying & lying behaviour.
Last edited by Bill on 25 May 2022, 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by bullzeye » 25 May 2022, 1:56 pm

If you support the Labor party, you are supporting people who support the Greens..
bullzeye
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 25 May 2022, 2:10 pm

bullzeye wrote:If you support the Labor party, you are supporting people who support the Greens..

And if you support the LNP you support what Little Johnny did in 1996. :crazy:

The only decision made on Saturday was the people are sick of the LNP & consider Labour not much better, so they voted for "other" parties or independents in the hope it will generate real change. :allegedly:
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bullzeye » 25 May 2022, 2:28 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
bullzeye wrote:If you support the Labor party, you are supporting people who support the Greens..

The only decision made on Saturday was the people are sick of the LNP & consider Labour not much better, so they voted for "other" parties or independents in the hope it will generate real change. :allegedly:

Think of it this way - if the Labor party (and Greens) were in power back in 1996 - we may have had a total blank ban on guns and confiscation.
bullzeye
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Larry » 25 May 2022, 3:05 pm

One thing is for sure as long as the shootings in the US continue there will be no let up in the gun laws here. No one wants to be the guy that changes a law here that might lead to a school shooting here. Those guys really have some social troubles.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by Oldbloke » 25 May 2022, 3:06 pm

bullzeye wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:

Think of it this way - if the Labor party (and Greens) were in power back in 1996 - we may have had a total blank ban on guns and confiscation.

Perhaps that's right but we will never know. All I know is what Little Johnny did & I have not voted for a major party since about 2000.

IMO none of the majors should get our vote, and not just for firearm reasons. (although that's a factor)

Because they are all poor performers.

If they performed on their wedding night, the way they perform in office, none would be married. :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 25 May 2022, 5:08 pm

Oldbloke wrote:

Except Labor ended up winning 74 seats and greens 2 or 4. So the independents are just seat warmers for the next 3 years.

Also you are wrong re Labor. They experienced a 0.5% saying against them. While liberals were 5.5% less then last time.
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 25 May 2022, 5:27 pm

Like I said:

Your numbers support that.

How many more independents are there?
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 26 May 2022, 10:58 am

0.5% is not statically a valid argument mate. Their vote didn't go up or down. Liberals went down by more then 5% and it was taken by greens and independents.

But what's interesting is news articles that Liberals had bigger then normal settings against them in electorates with large Australian Chinese and immigrant populations. Very likely because of the anti china rhetoric.

So that implies, scomo thought by his anti China rhetoric he will get the conservative vote. What really happened a lot of the conservative vote moved to UAP/One nation..... but as found by Liberals last Victorian election. It's not a statically relevant section of the population.

More people care about the environmental factors, our relations with our trading partners and they showed him the boot. If lib try and become more like Trump next election, they sure as he'll will go backwards
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by womble » 26 May 2022, 4:07 pm

Wechat was supporting the LNP.
The Chinese have had nine years to get their claws in.
Now they have to start from scratch.
It was time to drain the swamp.

You understand most of the woke rhetoric to fire up the right originates in china and russia.
They do like to try and influence foreign elections as we’ve seen before. More people on average see through it now though, as they do with the msn.
From about 6 weeks out from the election every day was a front page attack on labor. People just dont buy into the bulls**t anymore. 90 % of news media is an “opinion piece”. Not valid.

I would expect areas high in Chinese immigrants to vote the opposite of what China says, because they know this s**t well
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 26 May 2022, 5:20 pm

cz515 wrote:0.5% is not statically a valid argument mate. Their vote didn't go up or down. Liberals went down by more then 5% and it was taken by greens and independents.

But what's interesting is news articles that Liberals had bigger then normal settings against them in electorates with large Australian Chinese and immigrant populations. Very likely because of the anti china rhetoric.

So that implies, scomo thought by his anti China rhetoric he will get the conservative vote. What really happened a lot of the conservative vote moved to UAP/One nation..... but as found by Liberals last Victorian election. It's not a statically relevant section of the population.

More people care about the environmental factors, our relations with our trading partners and they showed him the boot. If lib try and become more like Trump next election, they sure as he'll will go backwards

I think your arguing semantics just for the sake of it. Read what I said again.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 26 May 2022, 5:38 pm

The bottom line is
LNP has lost seats and Lab and "others" have gained seats.

Why, people are looking for better than LNP has been providing.
Obviously 2022 count has not been completed. But the comparison is stark!

Resized_Screenshot_20220526-172939_DuckDuckGo.jpeg
Resized_Screenshot_20220526-172939_DuckDuckGo.jpeg (194.78 KiB) Viewed 2899 times

Resized_Screenshot_20220526-172855_DuckDuckGo.jpeg
Resized_Screenshot_20220526-172855_DuckDuckGo.jpeg (95.92 KiB) Viewed 2899 times
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 27 May 2022, 3:29 pm

You just love to have the last word don't you... even changing whatever you said to reflect the truth when pointed out... but never accepting that you were wrong to begin with.

You said Labor had lost ground this election. I said they haven't as 0.5% is statically insignificant number.

Now you are changing the topic, you must have spent time as a politician, maybe even a Labor politician
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 27 May 2022, 3:52 pm

Oldbloke wrote:

CZ, get your act together. The above is what I said.
I didn't say they "lost ground".

And I never mentioned any 0.5%, you did. And it may not seem very significant. (I'm assuming that number is correct and it is the % ALP lost in 1st preference votes?) But the AEC graphs indicate that it translated into a lot of seats.

LNP, OUT, big time.
ALP, IN, but only by a whisker.
More minor parties and independents.

And I don't even know what I bother, I never vote for the big 3.

"If they performed on their wedding night, the way they perform in office, none would be married, nor have children."
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bullzeye » 29 May 2022, 10:16 am

Think of it this way:

2013 Election:
ALP - 55 seats
LNP - 90 seats

2022 Election
ALP - 76 seats
LNP - 59 seats

Albanese didn’t defeat ScoMo like Tony Abbott defeated Kevin Rudd, far from it.
bullzeye
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by wanneroo » 29 May 2022, 11:55 pm

Scott Morrison was such a bad prime minister a lot of people held their nose and voted elsewhere. Albanese though is mentally slow and not all that bright, so Australia will be suffering under him as well.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Bill » 30 May 2022, 8:38 am

wanneroo wrote:Scott Morrison was such a bad prime minister a lot of people held their nose and voted elsewhere. Albanese though is mentally slow and not all that bright, so Australia will be suffering under him as well.

He only needed to be smart enough to beat Scott Morrison and the Laziest most incompetent Govt since WW2, Job done ! :lol:

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by bullzeye » 30 May 2022, 2:27 pm

Have a look when Kevin Rudd was PM. Achieved almost nothing, except fighting for the position of PM.
bullzeye
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Bill » 30 May 2022, 8:32 pm

bullzeye wrote:Have a look when Kevin Rudd was PM. Achieved almost nothing, except fighting for the position of PM.

Thats why no QLDer will ever be given the leadership gig ever again :lol:

Fish n Chips being elected as deputy and leader of opposition has pretty much confirmed that Labor will have 2 or 3 terms in power.

Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

PreviousNext

Return to Firearms related media and politics