Federal Election thread.

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Federal Election thread.

Post by womble » 31 May 2022, 4:42 am

Greenslander.

Rudd did have a slight anger management problem.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Clem » 04 Jun 2022, 9:24 am

The upper class turned it's back on the Libs and voted independant in 9 out of the 10 wealthiest suburbs. They voted for political integrity(aka a Federal ICAC, climate action and wealth preservation)

WA voted against the Liberal party for making the border closures a political point scoring exercise.

Labor increased it's number of seats to 77 and will govern in their own right. I hope the Federal ICAC is installed asap and can investigate the many allegations of corruption the Murdoch media and Peter Costello's 9 news organization chose not to report on while Morrison was in power.

They voted against the Liberal party selling the port of Newcastle to a chinese company, the same chinese company Andrew Robb now works for on an annual salary of $880k/year. What? you didn't read about that in the Murdoch press? figures.

They voted against a government that used terrorism laws to silence it's critics via social media. Apparently what happens in the prayer room in Parliament house, stays in the prayer room.....

Anyone who is surprised that the Liberal party was so thoroughly decimated needs to re-evaluate where they get their (mis)information/news from. Remember. government aligned media is just propaganda. 1 billion chinese can't be wrong.
Last edited by Clem on 04 Jun 2022, 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clem
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 04 Jun 2022, 9:43 am

"
They voted against the Liberal party selling the port of Newcastle to a chinese company, the same chinese company Andrew Robb now works for on an annual salary of $880k/year. What? you didn't read about that in the Murdoch press"

That's news to me.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 04 Jun 2022, 2:39 pm

Interesting assessment Clem. I dont disagree, but i also think they invoked a well networked girl power reaction. Understandably.

It’s imperative that they act on media ownership now while they can, or their term will be short lived and we’ll be right back where we started. Like always.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics