Federal Election thread.

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Federal Election thread.

Post by Oldbloke » 22 Feb 2022, 10:08 pm

And, a little on the lighter side. :D

Butch, The Rooster.

Sarah was in the fertilized egg business. She had several hundred young pullets (a young hen) and ten roosters to fertilize the eggs.
She kept records and any rooster not performing went into the soup pot and was replaced.

This took a lot of time, so she bought some tiny bells and attached them to her roosters. Each bell had a different tone, so she could tell from a distance which rooster was performing. Now, she could sit on the porch and fill out an efficiency report by just listening to the bells.

Sarah's favourite rooster, old Butch, was a very fine specimen but, this morning she noticed old Butch's bell hadn't rung at all!
When she went to investigate, she saw the other roosters were busy chasing pullets, bells-a-ringing, but the pullets hearing the roosters coming, would run for cover.

To Sarah's amazement, old Butch had his bell in his beak, so it couldn't ring.
He'd sneak up on a pullet, do his job, and walk on to the next one.

Sarah was so proud of old Butch, she entered him in a Show and he became an overnight sensation among the judges.
The result was the judges not only awarded old Butch the "No Bell Peace Prize" they also awarded him the "Pulletsurprise" as well.

Clearly old Butch was a politician in the making.
Who else but a politician could figure out how to win two of the most coveted awards on our planet by being the best at sneaking up on the unsuspecting populace and screwing them when they weren't paying attention?

Vote carefully in the next election. You probably wont hear the bells.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Robin » 23 Feb 2022, 6:16 pm

I don't know who I'll vote for this time, Morrison is a toss who goes on holidays while we have the worst bush fire in our history, I'm not touching Palmer or his five daughters as he wasn't going to pay his Queensland Nickel workers, Pauline Hanson mmm no, she creates alot of noise, but I haven't heard anything positive out of her, Bob Katter the mad hatter sounds interesting on the shooting side, I think most gun parties will win part of me over, there is the Naked Party, but so far they are all clothed at the elections so I can't see the benefit, Independents are good, depending on who it is, the only problem is that I don't know who they would put there preference to , I guess its to who ever has the largest brown paper bag.
Robin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by ethanboris » 02 Mar 2022, 6:00 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
Has the SFFP got a show this time round?

Yes, but I can't confirm candidates yet
Ethan C
Treasurer
Membership & Branches Manager
Shooters, Fishers and Farmers Party Victoria
www.vicshootersandfishers.org.au
ethanc@sff.net.au
ethanboris
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Fionn » 02 Mar 2022, 7:38 pm

Someone else may have already said this, but my prediction is a massive swing towards independents. People are angry of the how the government has handled things especially in NSW and Vic with the virus etc. The voters will be out for vengeance, but labor people won't vote liberal and vice versa, so independents are going to be the big winners.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 02 Mar 2022, 9:10 pm

Fionn wrote:Someone else may have already said this, but my prediction is a massive swing towards independents. People are angry of the how the government has handled things especially in NSW and Vic with the virus etc. The voters will be out for vengeance, but labor people won't vote liberal and vice versa, so independents are going to be the big winners.

Correct. And that's a good thing IMO
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 02 Mar 2022, 10:59 pm

Not if we get more of Andy Meddik type of nut jobs.

And as it stands the votes still end up in liberals or Labor after preferences
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 03 Mar 2022, 6:54 am

It's that or more of the same
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 22 May 2022, 5:33 am

I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by perentie » 22 May 2022, 7:44 am

that link did not tell me anything
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 22 May 2022, 11:40 am

Looks like there will be more independents. Good
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Larry » 22 May 2022, 11:53 am

Not so sure that the independents will be better for shooters given that Labour and the greens have picked up more seats and will be in the driving seat.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by cz515 » 22 May 2022, 1:50 pm

Larry wrote:Not so sure that the independents will be better for shooters given that Labour and the greens have picked up more seats and will be in the driving seat.

Exactly Larry.

Labor are tipped for 72 and greens are at 4. Which means they make the required 76.

Which gives labour control over the lower house, and depends on the upper.

Clive palmer did as expected a shocking result... actually i think everyone was expecting a bit better.

Which means the teal independents just handed labour the victory by cutting liberals, i am personal glad scomo is gone, and good riddance. Liberals need to rebuild and they need to listen to their grass root members and make policies and appoint politicians in consultation with them not force ppl in. Liberals lost atleast 2 seats in nsw because of that. Plus the kefuffle about going to court to force their way.

Finally also looks like the power of the independents and minor parties atleast in the lower house is gone this election.

Ohh and the yank kenellie lost as well. Which i am also happy about

Enjoy 3 years of Labor.... atleast
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Bill » 22 May 2022, 4:02 pm

Larry wrote:Not so sure that the independents will be better for shooters given that Labour and the greens have picked up more seats and will be in the driving seat.

SFFP was giving their preferences to Labor, the liberals have never been our friends.

Labor and the Greens have been handed a very very sick economy with an inflation and debt problem, they will have there hands full.
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 22 May 2022, 4:14 pm

Yes, you can't be certain, that's for sure. But i figure if there isn't significant political change then there will be no change for the people, us.

If the chocolate cake is a flop and you continue to use the same recipe and ingredients just expect more flops.

My other beef is the libs and lab's are about 90% Professional politicians. What would any of them know about the "average person"? SFA. Albo perhaps being an exception.

The other question is. Should we vote solely for our sport? Or other issues as well.

And the Libs didn't do us any favours in "96, did they?
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Wm.Traynor » 22 May 2022, 6:59 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
Larry wrote:The other question is. Should we vote solely for our sport? Or other issues as well.
And the Libs didn't do us any favours in "96, did they?

"Solely for our sport", is how I vote.
And I do remember '96. There was a SSAA Editorial in their mag that made me think that Howard could not be trusted, so they did not get my vote then or since.
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by solarpak » 22 May 2022, 7:23 pm

We always hear that Australia has 1 million licensed shooters - but as always we see the extreme Greens getting more powerful with every election - and they hide their true agenda behind climate change and the environment .

I think they will do their best now to curtail fishing, hunting and outdoor pursuits thru the 'back door' - just wait and see......

Hunting and shootings glory days are almost done and dusted i feel - the only option is for groups like the SSAA to become MORE political -that will be our only saving grace - we cant rely on politicians to look after our sport - we have to get wise or loose our sport forever.

C.
solarpak
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 22 May 2022, 7:28 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
My other beef is the libs and lab's are about 90% Professional politicians. What would any of them know about the "average person"? SFA. Albo perhaps being an exception.

That's my biggest concern with our politicians.
I think it's due to the fact there's little money to be made in politics... pay peaunuts, get monkeys.
I know a builder who pay himself more than our PM earns :lol:
Australia has some amazing business minds who know how to get things happening but they're not in the slightest bit interested in running for jobs in politics while they're enjoying eye watering salaries sitting on boards and running massive companies.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by womble » 22 May 2022, 8:16 pm

I dont think the Greenslanders are happy.
Victoria and NSW not so bad at all really
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Bill » 22 May 2022, 8:24 pm

A Federal ICAC with Public hearings and the ability to look back for 15 year retrospectively should send shivers down a few LNP spines, cough Barnaby, Scomo, Angus Taylor......... :lol: :drinks:
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by womble » 22 May 2022, 8:29 pm

How many millions did Clive just flush down the toilet.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 22 May 2022, 8:33 pm

Bill wrote:A Federal ICAC with Public hearings and the ability to look back for 15 year retrospectively should send shivers down a few LNP spines, cough Barnaby, Scomo, Angus Taylor......... :lol: :drinks:

I’m just glad Murdock and Costello got to see this before they die.
I’m uncertain for our future though. Some good, some bad. Hard road ahead.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 22 May 2022, 8:51 pm

Bill wrote:A Federal ICAC with Public hearings and the ability to look back for 15 year retrospectively should send shivers down a few LNP spines, cough Barnaby, Scomo, Angus Taylor......... :lol: :drinks:

That would get my vote.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 23 May 2022, 7:24 am

womble wrote:How many millions did Clive just flush down the toilet.

Well its probably his employees and subcontractors entitlements he spent so he doesn't care (like last election)
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by straightshooter » 23 May 2022, 8:40 am

Do you really think laber is going to shoot itself in the foot with an ICAC that actually does what it is supposed to do?
Only the liberals in NSW were noble/dopey enough to do that.
Your previous idol would be $hi__ing bricks if that were the case as would many union leaders.
Laber stopped looking after the interests of working men and women years ago, about the time of the silver bodgie. Now it largely panders to the desires of "doctor's wives" and businesses that present offerings at the green/left altar while real working men and women are at the very end of the queue.
So get ready now for the latest batch of greendoggles.
If you are sharp and get in quick enough there might even be a small something in it for the little bloke if you are lucky.
Happy days for moochers.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Larry » 23 May 2022, 9:44 am

My concern is the Green hunting policy to ban all hunting and firearm related activities. Labour will have to pander to the greens to deals with them so they can get anything done.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by wanneroo » 23 May 2022, 10:37 am

Well now Australia has to deal with at least 3 years of crazy incoherent nonsense from Albanese and his ilk.

However Scomo is a great example when you try to ride down the middle of the road, squish like grape as Mr. Miyagi used to say. No leadership, no backbone, just a completely worthless squish who sat there on his hands and let the state premiers during Covid run around like insane delusional maniacs. About all Scomo is a good for is a paperweight or doorstop.

Liberals deserved every bit of what they got. National seems to have ended up in the toilet as well.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Oldbloke » 23 May 2022, 2:43 pm

cz515 wrote:
womble wrote:How many millions did Clive just flush down the toilet.

Well its probably his employees and subcontractors entitlements he spent so he doesn't care (like last election)

Correct. Slug/snail should crawl under a rock. I'll be happy to pay for and lay the snail bait.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bullzeye » 23 May 2022, 9:40 pm

I’d rather a conservative government than these left wing SJWs. God help us, let’s try get the ALP out within 1 term!
bullzeye
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by womble » 24 May 2022, 4:00 am

bullzeye wrote:I’d rather a conservative government than these left wing SJWs. God help us, let’s try get the ALP out within 1 term!

What would you most like to see banned next ?
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by straightshooter » 24 May 2022, 7:17 am

Conservative in name only.
There has been a gradual drift by liberals into the same kind of 'woke' politics as laber.
Since there was so little differentiation in practical terms why should the average punter be fearful of giving the somewhat 'woker' lot a go.
What made my stomach turn was the way the fully woke liberals attacked Katherine Deves.
How dare an aspiring politician be truthful about his/her opinions.
What chance does a candidate have if her party is against her and her 'independent' opponent is generously and quietly backed with Twiggy Forrest dollars!
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

PreviousNext

Return to Firearms related media and politics