Federal Election thread.

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Federal Election thread.

Post by Oldbloke » 04 Feb 2022, 2:42 pm

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:
The fed is in control of all international ports of call. However as Australians we are enshrined the right to freedom of movement within the federation. We are also enshrined as subjects of the Queen, a resident in any State, shall not be subject in any other State to any disability or discrimination
which would not be equally applicable to him if he were a subject of the Queen resident in such other State.

According to the UNs definition Australians are "internally displaced people" for not allowing freedom of movement within its borders. Which means our basic human rights have been breached.

This is from pg 8 which is an explanation of how some sections of the constitution and how they work.

State discrimination.JPG
State discrimination.JPG (46.91 KiB) Viewed 2617 times

I'm inclined to think that discrimination is different to closing borders to everyone. I think it can only be considered "discrimination" if its applied to individuals or sectors of the community. Say, Asians.
In any case didn't Clive Palmer have that argument in the courts and lost? If that be true you would not be correct. Not that I'm a constitutional lawyer LOL.

You mention the military. Anecdotally my understanding is that constitutionally the Army cannot be used to control the people. But I could not find where it specifically said that.

But it does say under Sec 51.

Sec 51 Legislative powers of the Parliament:

(vi) the naval and military defence of the Commonwealth and of the several States, and the control of the forces
to execute and maintain the laws of the Commonwealth;

So, my take from that would be that they can act as "police" under some circumstances, for want of another term. It would be a "tricky" area. I think the State would have to agree to them doing that which I think is allowed under the constitution.

In addition there is the following Act that could further explain what hey can and cannot do..

Emergency powers. Defence..JPG
Emergency powers. Defence..JPG (27.88 KiB) Viewed 2617 times

They all need to be read in conjunction with each other. Not that I have read it.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Bugman » 04 Feb 2022, 4:23 pm

WOW! This all getting really deep. Time for some high end bourbon to help digest it all. :thumbsup:
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by womble » 04 Feb 2022, 4:33 pm

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:Another reason to hate Scomo.

It has been revealed, the army was war gaming turning citizens away from hospitals with use of force. So the government forces you to pay Medicare then when you want to go to a hospital they were planning to set up road blocks and turn you away from using the service you paid for.

Unbelievable. If people can not see how extreme the federal government is then you are a lost soul.

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavir ... 489db955e5

This may look like a regular pigeon, but don’t be fooled.
It’s a surveillance drone the feds are using to spy on you.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Bugman » 04 Feb 2022, 6:02 pm

Gee. I hope it don't crap on me!
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 04 Feb 2022, 7:14 pm

Bugman wrote:Gee. I hope it don't crap on me!

What are you worried about?

It's good luck and you have hat on.

If he does it too often let him have it with your SxS. :lol: Then pigeon pie. :D
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Bill » 04 Feb 2022, 8:51 pm

Bugman wrote:WOW! This all getting really deep. Time for some high end bourbon to help digest it all. :thumbsup:

Bourbon ....give me some of that southern love, I'm enjoying a budget blended Whiskey, yeah I know blended but in these covid times I gotta stick to a budget LOL :lol:
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by womble » 05 Feb 2022, 2:21 am

I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by 6mm Remington » 05 Feb 2022, 8:01 am

You only have to look at the "modern" Australian workplace to see where this country is headed.
Freedom is something that has taken a back seat to big business. All supported by the government.
I am old enough to understand the difference of how this country used to be to how it is now.
Just look at driving on the roads for instance. The lack of consideration for each other is appalling and so un-Australian.
Skill level in the workplace is another degraded result of the way we are governed.
Let's get rid of the businessmen out of politics and get some real Australians at the helm.
Our children will all suffer if we don't.
6mm Remington
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by disco stu » 05 Feb 2022, 9:14 am

cz515 wrote:
It's funny, dammed if you do, same if you don't.
The govt locked us in due to the the threat of toads of deaths, now that those deaths didn't happen ee will blame the government for locking us in unnecessarily

Yeah, agree with that. But it happens with everything, especially if it suits someone's political bias. Someone I know who is hard core labor was sharing that petition about Murdoch media or whatever it was, saying I bet no liberal politician will support this. Then when Turnbull signed and shared it he called him a schmuck and trying to political point score.

The heavy rules at the start could well be the reason for the lack of deaths. I have to keep reminding myself of that.

My issue with the whole thing has been the constant back flips on things and rules to the point of ridiculous. Wearing masks outside, and then not long after saying there hasn't been one case of transmission linked to being outside. Schools can't transmit the virus so all schools are going back, yet teachers and students have to test twice a week (and casual teachers have to buy their own tests). If you feel like you could possibly have a slightly sore throat potentially coming on then get tested....next minute-only get tested if you know you've had contact with someone with it and are showing symptoms and almost certain you have it.

It's this whole "it's really bad and greatest threat to humanity, but it really doesn't matter so don't stress" thing that's getting to me. I'm really wondering if most of the decisions they make now are because the government has dug themselves in so deep they just have to keep going in order to save face. Will certainly be on my mind come election time.

Problem with where I live is that it's blue ribbon labor, no one else will get in. Apart from the normal 3, no other party puts in a candidate so there isn't any options like SFFP etc. Being blue ribbon seat I'll throw my vote the other way just to try and did my but to shake things up, as I want our local members to work for the area and not think they have it in the bag. The local state member is good and active, the federal member seems to not do much apart from a newsletter every month with usual photos of new train station lifts and community centre events.

With preferences, is it correct that if you number all the boxes on the small paper the preferences go in the order you decide but only one box and they go the party way? I have to relearn it every time, but I don't want my preferences going to where the party wants

I was pretty disappointed in labor and the whole mediscare thing. It was obvious to me that it was rubbish, but so many people believed it. If you need to pull games to try and win you aren't offering much is my opinion. But then the liberals did the same stunt in the last state election, saying labor preferences were going to SFFP, who wanted to arm everyone and create anarchy or something. This was straight out false, because there are no preferences in NSW state elections. The amount of shills they had going around sharing this info just highlighted how dirty politics is and how little the big parties deserved to be the ones running the place-they don't want to do a good job they just want to win.

Am I correct that there is a new rule that you can't make up things in elections now? As in mediscare can't happen again.
disco stu
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Bugman » 05 Feb 2022, 12:51 pm

duncan61 wrote:
Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:
straightshooter wrote:
Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:Personally I think it should also be a law that if you are a public servant and or receive any form of welfare you lose your voting rights.

I have a feeling you are going to be outvoted on that one especially after little johnny splurged on "middle class welfare".

Because so many people are to stupid to realise that public servant bureaucrats, especially on the local level are the reason we are in such a mess.

What mess do you refer to.I am a liberal voter and feel the labor party and unions are out of date.Enterprise bargaining works well for both parties.My life is not a mess

I think CIC's remark about public servants and welfare recipients be not allowed to vote is off the mark. I am a welfare recipient as I get as I am entitled to the old age pension and I am a shooter,( have been for many years) so in fact i am entitled to vote for whoever I like especially in regards to the pension and the ever threatened shooters rights.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 05 Feb 2022, 1:01 pm

My meaning behind the welfare recipients and public servants not being allowed to vote is because they have vested interests in taking from the tax payer. They are morally compromised as they are receiving monetary incentives from the tax payer.

Say for example a party leader says he wants to raise the whatever payments by a certain amount each week. People receiving those payments will vote for him which means the tax payer gets molested.

And public servants will always vote for big government(at the expense of the tax payer) and not for removing government departments and red tape because they want a job.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 05 Feb 2022, 1:05 pm

Bugman wrote:
I think CIC's remark about public servants and welfare recipients be not allowed to vote is off the mark. I am a welfare recipient as I get as I am entitled to the old age pension and I am a shooter,( have been for many years) so in fact i am entitled to vote for whoever I like especially in regards to the pension and the ever threatened shooters rights.

:thumbsup:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 05 Feb 2022, 1:11 pm

Gun rights are free. Allowing people to buy guns costs the tax payer nothing. But wanting welfare comes at the expensive of other peoples hard work to generate that money.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 05 Feb 2022, 1:12 pm

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:Gun rights are free. Allowing people to buy guns costs the tax payer nothing. But wanting welfare comes at the expensive of other peoples hard work to generate that money.

:thumbsdown:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 05 Feb 2022, 1:16 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:Gun rights are free. Allowing people to buy guns costs the tax payer nothing. But wanting welfare comes at the expensive of other peoples hard work to generate that money.

:thumbsdown:

:drinks: You know it to be true mate.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 05 Feb 2022, 1:25 pm

Bugman is correct. Welfare is a legal entitlement.

No different to sick or annual leave pay. Would you say if someone was on sick pay they were budging off a company.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 05 Feb 2022, 1:33 pm

Sick pay and annual leave is a condition of full time employment that is entered into with a contract of two parties. Welfare is forcing one group of people with threat of imprisonment to pay for another group. I never entered into a contract to accept welfare yet I have to pay for it?

Albo is crying about how daycare should be "free". Which means he wants to raise taxes to pay for peoples life choices. Unless you are a war veteran or a completely disabled person who needs state care than nobody should be entitled to take resources away from other peoples labour and receive something they did not work for.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 05 Feb 2022, 1:38 pm

Welfare is a state of mind. Wanting to take things from other people that you did not work for is not acceptable to me.
Helping people is what charities are for. They are a good thing and I reckon people should do volunteer work to help others. However nobody should be forced to pay for other people.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 05 Feb 2022, 2:32 pm

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:Sick pay and annual leave is a condition of full time employment that is entered into with a contract of two parties. Welfare is forcing one group of people with threat of imprisonment to pay for another group. I never entered into a contract to accept welfare yet I have to pay for it?

Albo is crying about how daycare should be "free". Which means he wants to raise taxes to pay for peoples life choices. Unless you are a war veteran or a completely disabled person who needs state care than nobody should be entitled to take resources away from other peoples labour and receive something they did not work for.

Lol. And I didn't enter into a contract that allows you to drive on the roads and use hospitals I paid for.

But I do pay for them.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 05 Feb 2022, 2:36 pm

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:Sick pay and annual leave is a condition of full time employment that is entered into with a contract of two parties. Welfare is forcing one group of people with threat of imprisonment to pay for another group. I never entered into a contract to accept welfare yet I have to pay for it?

Man is obvious you alone stand by your views...no one else. That usually means you are either a genius before your time, or a loony.
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 05 Feb 2022, 2:47 pm

cz515 wrote:

Man is obvious you alone stand by your views...no one else. That usually means you are either a genius before your time, or a loony.

I feel like the only sane person mate. I can't fathom what kind of loser would want to work for the sole purpose of giving stuff to people who don't want to work.
Welfare is not a legitimate form of taxation.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by womble » 05 Feb 2022, 2:55 pm

Agreed, we should get people into the workforce by age 4 weeks, allowing the mother to use her annual leave.
Retirement should only be when you drop dead in the workplace.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Bugman » 05 Feb 2022, 2:55 pm

What about my 50 odd years of hard work and paying my fair share of taxes? Am I not entitled to the legitimate share of said paid taxes through the pension system?
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by womble » 05 Feb 2022, 3:02 pm

Veterans and the disabled could be turned into fertizer or possibly recycled as furniture if wheelchair bound.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 05 Feb 2022, 3:04 pm

Bugman wrote:

What about my 50 odd years of hard work and paying my fair share of taxes? Am I not entitled to the legitimate share of said paid taxes through the pension system?

What do you think this is mate, a society.
Take your self down to the recycling depot and can i have your boots .
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 05 Feb 2022, 3:04 pm

Bugman wrote:

I will say yes you are entitled for the fact that at that time in history that was the system. So the government needs to honour that commitment. However that system is unsustainable and needs to change which it is with superannuation. So when all the people who were entitled to the old system die off the country can move away from a taxpayer funded welfare system and into being self sufficient.

Imagine your 50 years of hard work paying 50% less taxes. You could of retired years earlier.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by womble » 05 Feb 2022, 3:32 pm

India would be the better choice. Slightly lower taxes than China but with the added benefits of the caste system .
Plus marrying into your own family is encouraged.
And you get to walk around in a toga with face paint and take a dump in the street.
Try doing that in Australia and you will quickly find your freedom oppressed
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Bugman » 05 Feb 2022, 3:47 pm

womble wrote:India would be the better choice. Slightly lower taxes than China but with the added benefits of the caste system .
Plus marrying into your own family is encouraged.
And you get to walk around in a toga with face paint and take a dump in the street.
Try doing that in Australia and you will quickly find your freedom oppressed

I think that taking a dump in the street here in oz is classed as littering. ;)
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by womble » 06 Feb 2022, 1:41 am

Fionn wrote:
Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:Crazy people are the ones who enjoy high taxes and exploiting peoples labour and giving it to people who don't work.

I know its a difficult first step just making a call to one of the organisations Oldbloke and I listed. But they would more then be happy to talk to you about your views, that you feel everyone is crazy and how people don't see things like you see things.

Take care of yourself.

He’s fine.
He’s just coming at you from a different perspective.
He perceives himself down a rabbit hole of secret knowledge. Whereas the rest perceive him as upside down in a barrel of sh*t
Allow him to question and explore his ideal so as he can see the flaws.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 06 Feb 2022, 12:01 pm

Now, what about Baaarnaby calling SlomoScott a liar?

Is that pot calling the kettle black?

Um, isn't being a liar the first skill politicians learn when they join a party?
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

PreviousNext

Return to Firearms related media and politics