Federal Election thread.

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Federal Election thread.

Post by str8shutr » 06 Feb 2022, 1:07 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Now, what about Baaarnaby calling SlomoScott a liar?

Is that pot calling the kettle black?

Um, isn't being a liar the first skill politicians learn when they join a party?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-05/barnaby-joyce-offered-resignation-over-scott-morrison-liar-text/100807332

"I offered my resignation, and he did not accept my resignation.

"That in itself is a statement of a person of greater character. That is not one of a person of any form of vindictiveness, or pique, or a sense of retribution."

Firstly, I'm pretty sure Scotty from Marketing, is not in position to accept Blarnaby's resignation given how the coalition is structured. He should be offering to resign to the Nats party room. Just smoke and mirrors.

Second, they were dealing with each other for years prior as members of the coalition cabinet. Blarnaby's comments about Scott's trustworthiness on the leaked text presumably came from considerable experience. The guy is trying to moonwalk better than Michael Jackson but it just looks like a lame shuffle.
str8shutr
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 06 Feb 2022, 1:31 pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Clem » 06 Feb 2022, 3:29 pm

"Scott Morrison has been returned as Prime Minister and he's only done so because of the 3.5 per cent vote of United Australia Party,"

Clive Palmer 2019
Clem
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 06 Feb 2022, 3:32 pm

Clem wrote:"Scott Morrison has been returned as Prime Minister and he's only done so because of the 3.5 per cent vote of United Australia Party,"

Clive Palmer 2019

A day is a lifetime in politics. 2019 could as well be 1919 that's how long ago it feels.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 06 Feb 2022, 3:36 pm

Palmer, Craig Kelly and the United Australia Party are going to win several seats in the house. Maybe not the senate because Pauline will win that.

Either way, minor parties are going to be the big winner in this election as they win a lot of seats as people show their disdain for liberal and labor. I still think labor will win but liberals will be slaughtered losing at least 30 seats..
Last edited by Communism_Is_Cancer on 06 Feb 2022, 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by womble » 06 Feb 2022, 3:37 pm

Maritime trade unions demanding the abolition of mining licences ?
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 06 Feb 2022, 3:48 pm

womble wrote:Maritime trade unions demanding the abolition of mining licences ?

Do you have more information on this?
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by womble » 06 Feb 2022, 4:18 pm

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:

Assuming that’s what it’s about going by the flags :unknown:
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 06 Feb 2022, 4:25 pm

womble wrote:

Assuming that’s what it’s about going by the flags :unknown:

Now I'm with you. I would say the flag is used to symbolise the last time the people stood up to the crown.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by womble » 06 Feb 2022, 4:50 pm

That would be the Eureka flag, southern cross. Birth of democracy.
This is the other one and most prominent at the Canberra protest https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Red_Ensign
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 06 Feb 2022, 4:59 pm

This article suggests the red ensign was used after federation by private citizens as a “peoples flag”.

https://theconversation.com/what-is-the ... -it-170270
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by womble » 06 Feb 2022, 5:14 pm

But the flag asserts British dominion and allegiance to the commonwealth .
There’s a big ass Union Jack top left corner. How can you miss it.
Wow these people are idiots.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 06 Feb 2022, 5:22 pm

There is nothing wrong with the Union Jack, it symbolises where the country started and is a part of Australia's history.

Also whilst Hawaii is a crap hole leftist anti gun state they still have the Union Jack on their state flag.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by womble » 06 Feb 2022, 5:42 pm

Didnt say there was anything wrong with it, just trying to ascertain it’s prominence at a protest against the government.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 06 Feb 2022, 5:56 pm

womble wrote:Didnt say there was anything wrong with it, just trying to ascertain it’s prominence at a protest against the government.

Because during the years after federation when the flag was in prominence as a peoples flag life was bliss. Every state had great gun laws and a lot more freedom then they do today.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by womble » 06 Feb 2022, 6:13 pm

2 world wars and the Great Depression was not so great really.
Freedom, yeah not so great either. Just convicts on parole suited to cannon fodder.
Federation 1901.
Australian citizenship 1949.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Pudlux » 06 Feb 2022, 6:39 pm

Served my country for 42 years and never been a scared as thinking Albenese, Bowen, Kendall, Plibeseck, Chambers, Wong and Shorten could be in charge of my future. I really hope l don't get to say l told you so but by f*^k l will when people start seeing what these Rsclowns will do!
Pudlux
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 06 Feb 2022, 7:05 pm

womble wrote:2 world wars and the Great Depression was not so great really.
Freedom, yeah not so great either. Just convicts on parole suited to cannon fodder.
Federation 1901.

Concealed carry, hell even open carry to some degree, no gun licences, no explosive licences, no licence for anything. You could buy whatever your wallet allowed. Get a machine gun delivered to your front door. Buy boxes of tnt, fireworks, explosives. Life was so much more free back then compared to now.

Life today is over regulated and to much legislation restricting peoples freedoms.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 06 Feb 2022, 7:08 pm

Pudlux wrote:Served my country for 42 years and never been a scared as thinking Albenese, Bowen, Kendall, Plibeseck, Chambers, Wong and Shorten could be in charge of my future. I really hope l don't get to say l told you so but by f*^k l will when people start seeing what these Rsclowns will do!

No worse than Howard was. They are all scumbags in my book.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by womble » 07 Feb 2022, 2:37 am

Federation 1901.

Concealed carry, hell even open carry to some degree, no gun licences, no explosive licences, no licence for anything. You could buy whatever your wallet allowed. Get a machine gun delivered to your front door. Buy boxes of tnt, fireworks, explosives. Life was so much more free back then compared to now.

Life today is over regulated and to much legislation restricting peoples freedoms.

But this is simply not true and surely you’d know that. Not in the decades after federation. Not in your timeframe, hell no.
Overall in most states far more restrictive gun control than we have today.
We didn’t overturn the handgun ban until the late 50’s.
If you were a member of a military rifle club you could own a 303.
But not most people. Where do think the 303.25 came from. We weren’t allowed to have military calibres. Why do do think all the ex military stuff was converted to rimmed cartridges.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 07 Feb 2022, 2:46 am

There’s a very small window of time in our entire history that fits your description more or less, but only in Queensland and Tasmania.
1970’s through to late 90’s.
The socially progressive times after the Vietnam war. Whitlam through to Hawke/Keating . And we nearly made it to freedom and a republic.
Until John came along , devout monarchist conservative. and somehow we all got put us all back in our place. Funny about that.

Apart from that small window in time, we had strict gun control from the start. The only way we got them prior to federation was to steal them from the crown. Ever heard of bush rangers ?

And now you fly the flag of that crown in protest ?
Seriously
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by straightshooter » 07 Feb 2022, 5:46 am

Federation 1901.

Either you are advocating complete anarchy, as that is the only way you could ever get your wish list, while at the same time ignoring all the unacceptable downsides of complete anarchy.
Or, you are delusional.
The reality is that every type of community living is a form of serfdom replete the restrictions and liberties that particular serfdom may offer.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Bill » 07 Feb 2022, 8:43 am

Not sure if Dutton was looking to challenge the Leadership but he has been very careful with his language today since Bob Carr outed him as the minister who said Scomo was a Liar and a Psycho. Looks like the Liberals and Nationals are Self destructing before the Election.
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by cz515 » 07 Feb 2022, 9:51 am

Wobble and straightshooter those are very valid comments... and considering CIC quite ironic. Almost like the guy either doesn't even know the history/constitution of their own country...or trolling.

Adzy, maybe as above have a read of the constitution of Australia, apart from the territories the federal government.... or the PM cannot force the state premiers to do Jack squat. Case in point GST and allocation of it. While the federal controls the borders, once people come out of the international terminal the state controls everything. The only lever they have is to withhold funding derived from income tax, like education/ health.... and imagine if the restrict that what will happen then.
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by 6mm Remington » 07 Feb 2022, 10:17 am

Not common knowledge but John Howard had a bit to do with Scott Morrison's career advance in politics.
Google Morrison's job history to see what it takes to be the prime minister these days. What a f...ing joke.
6mm Remington
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by womble » 07 Feb 2022, 11:49 am

Bill wrote:Not sure if Dutton was looking to challenge the Leadership but he has been very careful with his language today since Bob Carr outed him as the minister who said Scomo was a Liar and a Psycho. Looks like the Liberals and Nationals are Self destructing before the Election.

Cue leadership spill.
Any day now
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 07 Feb 2022, 5:15 pm

6mm Remington wrote:Not common knowledge but John Howard had a bit to do with Scott Morrison's career advance in politics.
Google Morrison's job history to see what it takes to be the prime minister these days. What a f...ing joke.

Have you looked at the carrier history of any recent council, state, federal politician? The last one i looked at who actually had any real world experience ran a fish and chip shop.... failed it and figured federal politics is a easy gig that pays very well.
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 07 Feb 2022, 5:43 pm

6mm Remington wrote:Not common knowledge but John Howard had a bit to do with Scott Morrison's career advance in politics.

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Scott-Morrison

No wonder some referees to him as

"Scotty from marketing"

Here is AA.

https://wikitrusted.com/anthony-albanese-wikipedia/
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Pudlux » 07 Feb 2022, 6:47 pm

Pudlux wrote:Served my country for 42 years and never been a scared as thinking Albenese, Bowen, Kendall, Plibeseck, Chambers, Wong and Shorten could be in charge of my future. I really hope l don't get to say l told you so but by f*^k l will when people start seeing what these Rsclowns will do!

No worse than Howard was. They are all scumbags in my book.

Looks like love got my first.
Pudlux
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 08 Feb 2022, 1:00 am

I noticed today that Scomo has now thrown open the borders now to visitors.

But what these politicians don't get is you just don't flip a switch and it all comes back online. There are tourism businesses that probably are not coming back and also with all the bad press Australia has gotten for two years I don't see a flood of tourists coming back anytime soon.

They'll have to spend big money like they did in the 1980s in the USA when Paul Hogan was doing "Shrimp on the Barbie" commercials to convince international tourists they are not visiting a sunnier version of North Korea.

I can't wait to come back but will not do so until the whole quarantine camp/lockdown/vaccine mandate/vaccine passport stuff is all over.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Firearms related media and politics