State forrest hunting QLD

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

State forrest hunting QLD

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 02 Feb 2022, 12:29 pm

Here is a petition for shooting deer in QLD state forests supported by state MP Nick Dametto. Deer management is getting out of of control in QLD and it is about time they are managed on the local level and not the state level as QLD is a big place. What the limp wrists want in Brisbane does not matter for us in the regions. If only we could get gun laws reduced to the local level as well. North, Central and Western QLD would be like Texas whilst Brisbane would be soy heaven. :sarcasm:

https://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/Work- ... n9kk888o_4
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Re: State forrest hunting QLD

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 02 Feb 2022, 1:01 pm

This is how we get what we want. We slowly take power away from state government overtime and give it to the local level so the community around us represents us instead of some loser down in Brisbane who does not even know anything about the bush.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Humperdinkel » 02 Feb 2022, 4:03 pm

Signed :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Winchester Xpert - .22
Savage A22R Pro Varmint - .22
Savage 340 - .222
Howa 1500 VT Fluted - .308
Humperdinkel
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by DaveZ » 03 Feb 2022, 6:40 am

Signed, though I don't think it's a "petition for shooting deer". Even if local councils were able to manage feral animals, surely the state will still retain control over the state forests? So they would still have the last say in the end.

I've spoken in person to an MP about this before, actual firearm owning/using bloke, and his take on it was that the Labor government will never allow you to hunt on public land because they are just anti firearm, end of story. The Lib/nationals will never let you shoot on public land because it will upset the general public who fear firearms, not to mention large cattle farmers that have used state forest/national parks for their cattle for decades (rightly or wrongly, they still use it).

So, like a lot of other issues we have with our governing bodies, the only real solution, in my opinion anyway, is to vote the major parties out and show them that we've had enough. As it is, the two big parties know they are safe, so they don't really need to listen to us. When one gets voted out, the other one gets voted in, and around and around we go. Can't see it happening though.
CZ455 22lr Varmint
Ruger American 243
Located Bundaberg area, looking for property to hunt on.
DaveZ
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by MontyShooter » 03 Feb 2022, 7:37 am

Where do you hunt up there if you can't hunt in a state forest...must be deer everywhere.
MontyShooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 03 Feb 2022, 8:56 am

MontyShooter wrote:Where do you hunt up there if you can't hunt in a state forest...must be deer everywhere.

Queenslanders hunt on private land. There are a lot of deer among other feral animals.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 03 Feb 2022, 8:59 am

DaveZ wrote:Signed, though I don't think it's a "petition for shooting deer". Even if local councils were able to manage feral animals, surely the state will still retain control over the state forests? So they would still have the last say in the end.

I've spoken in person to an MP about this before, actual firearm owning/using bloke, and his take on it was that the Labor government will never allow you to hunt on public land because they are just anti firearm, end of story. The Lib/nationals will never let you shoot on public land because it will upset the general public who fear firearms, not to mention large cattle farmers that have used state forest/national parks for their cattle for decades (rightly or wrongly, they still use it).

So, like a lot of other issues we have with our governing bodies, the only real solution, in my opinion anyway, is to vote the major parties out and show them that we've had enough. As it is, the two big parties know they are safe, so they don't really need to listen to us. When one gets voted out, the other one gets voted in, and around and around we go. Can't see it happening though.

I believe how it would work is the state still maintains the forest but the local government will be responsible for managing pests They could charge people $500 a year to hunt and a lot of people would pay it.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 03 Feb 2022, 9:06 am

signed . spread the word
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by DaveZ » 03 Feb 2022, 10:25 am

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:I believe how it would work is the state still maintains the forest but the local government will be responsible for managing pests They could charge people $500 a year to hunt and a lot of people would pay it.

But the state would also still be liable for the safety of the people using the area, so they aren't just going to allow local government to throw rec shooters on the land at their own discretion. You'll be still up against the same roadblocks you are now. Even if this was agreed too, I feel that all you'll end up with is exactly what you have now, except that local governments will be burdened with the obligation of controlling ferals, and it will be done in a way that is not what we are after, the areas will be closed and pro shooters will be employed over the course of a week or whatever to kill as many animals as possible.
CZ455 22lr Varmint
Ruger American 243
Located Bundaberg area, looking for property to hunt on.
DaveZ
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 04 Feb 2022, 12:27 pm

bump
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland