SA State Election

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

SA State Election

Post by BenniBoiBlep » 04 Mar 2022, 4:21 pm

SA has a state election coming up.

If there are any from SA here, who are you leaning towards? What is going to win?
BenniBoiBlep
Recruit
Recruit

-

Re: SA State Election

Post by on_one_wheel » 04 Mar 2022, 6:00 pm

BenniBoiBlep wrote:SA has a state election coming up.

If there are any from SA here, who are you leaning towards? What is going to win?

I'm still undecided. I'm actually having difficulty finding anything that makes it clear exactly what is being promised.
I'm a little disappointed with some of the things I'm seeing like Cossie the local celebrity being granted $400,000 of state government money to build 2 cabins on his multi million $ "farm" at Woodside... like that's a cost effective way to stimulate tourism in SA... just doesn't smell right.

For me, It'll come down to what matters, I'm unhappy with the rezoning of farming land throughout the Adelaide Hills, there's simply not enough infrastructure to support the current population yet new subdivisions are popping up everywhere.

I'd like to see more investment in local motorsport. If they want hoons to keep it off the street, invest in somewhere for them to let their hair down, help fix AIR, the speedway tracks, motor x tracks everything in SA excluding The Bend is completely run down, no one wants to compete here because it's a ******.
We need more diversely in national class or even world class sporting facilities, we've got a great oval, great Velodrome and great .............. that's about it I think.

While I'm on about stuff that'll never happen, how about this

Another change I'd like to see is the traffic lights, they're simply outdated, they give ample warning of the impending red light but give drivers little chance if any at all to prepare for a green light. How's a bloke going to stall up and build boost without warning.... I propose they replace the traffic lights with these ...
images.jpeg
Dreams are free right.
images.jpeg (29.73 KiB) Viewed 3260 times

I
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigpete » 04 Mar 2022, 7:54 pm

As long as the greens are last on the ballot paper I'm happy.
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 04 Mar 2022, 8:04 pm

bigpete wrote:As long as the greens are last on the ballot paper I'm happy.

That's definitely a very good start. :thumbsup:
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 11 Mar 2022, 5:14 pm

For those interested. NSC, how to vote.

https://nationalshooting.org.au/how-to- ... -election/
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by SAnewb85 » 17 Mar 2022, 8:53 pm

To be honest I don't think Marshall will be re-elected. The way he's handled the rona/vax mandates and such has upset a lot of people.

Having said that, it seems like there are no better candidates.
We're kind of in a similar situation as the yank liberals found thenselves in, "um, We're voting for anyone but trump........"
And they ended up with a geriatric moron with the global presence and intimidation factor of a chihuahua.

No matter who wins, we wouldn't be voting the best guy in, we'd be voting the perceived worse guy out, by any means necessary.

**I'm 100% pro trump, just using that as an example
SAnewb85
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 17 Mar 2022, 9:40 pm

Oldbloke wrote:For those interested. NSC, how to vote.

https://nationalshooting.org.au/how-to- ... -election/

Ok, that's a little shady.....
As someone who has studied the SA act and Regulations I can say that there are some errors in their statements regarding safe storage, and loaning of firearms in SA.
It would appear that some selective bias has been written into that article.
I'd have to strongly disagree that SA has the most draconian FA laws in the country, in fact I would have thought we have some of the most relaxed laws and rules in the country when looking at them as a whole.

They also appear to have an axe to grind with the SA Police minister Tarzia by mentioning his apparent lack of engagement in the matter mentioned.
The police minister actually resolved the issue whichis quite amazing considering that it was probably a trivial issue in comparison to what the Police have been dealing with over the last few years with Ironside, covid and every other operation well never hear about . Should we expect a thesis on the matter from him?

Who's going to replace the minister and commissioner if the NSC get the election results they'd prefer?

There's obviously a hidden agenda there, I'd rather be told the truth than have my pocket pissed in.
I'm not that impressed by that particular NSC statement.
They've actually lost one credibility point in my book, moving them from a 9.5 / 10 credibility score to a 8.5 / 10
:thumbsup:
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by straightshooter » 18 Mar 2022, 6:21 am

It's not that simple.
Who is second last, who is third last and so on is just as important.
To do otherwise is as likely as not is to vote for somebody you don't want.
Don't ever submit a blank ballot as these sometimes mysteriously somehow transform into valid votes during the transition to counting.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Bill » 18 Mar 2022, 7:49 am

Id expect a big swing against Liberal Steven Marshall and Scott Morrison. Yes Federal incompetence will play a part.
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by wanneroo » 18 Mar 2022, 11:42 am

on_one_wheel wrote:I'm still undecided. I'm actually having difficulty finding anything that makes it clear exactly what is being promised.
I'm a little disappointed with some of the things I'm seeing like Cossie the local celebrity being granted $400,000 of state government money to build 2 cabins on his multi million $ "farm" at Woodside... like that's a cost effective way to stimulate tourism in SA... just doesn't smell right.

For me, It'll come down to what matters, I'm unhappy with the rezoning of farming land throughout the Adelaide Hills, there's simply not enough infrastructure to support the current population yet new subdivisions are popping up everywhere.

I'd like to see more investment in local motorsport. If they want hoons to keep it off the street, invest in somewhere for them to let their hair down, help fix AIR, the speedway tracks, motor x tracks everything in SA excluding The Bend is completely run down, no one wants to compete here because it's a ******.
We need more diversely in national class or even world class sporting facilities, we've got a great oval, great Velodrome and great .............. that's about it I think.

Another change I'd like to see is the traffic lights, they're simply outdated, they give ample warning of the impending red light but give drivers little chance if any at all to prepare for a green light. How's a bloke going to stall up and build boost without warning.... I propose they replace the traffic lights with these ...
images.jpeg

I

Labor says if they win the Adelaide 500 is coming back. It was dumb to get rid of that to begin with.

As I recall the guy that build Tailem Bend bought Mallala also and is supposed to rehabilitate that.

I don't know the status of AIR once Bob Jane died.

I did a little race at Mallala many years ago, it was a pretty spartan racetrack.

I expect the Hills in time will be gobbled up by development
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by on_one_wheel » 18 Mar 2022, 12:08 pm

wanneroo wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:I'm still undecided. I'm actually having difficulty finding anything that makes it clear exactly what is being promised.

images.jpeg

I

Labor says if they win the Adelaide 500 is coming back. It was dumb to get rid of that to begin with.

As I recall the guy that build Tailem Bend bought Mallala also and is supposed to rehabilitate that.

I don't know the status of AIR once Bob Jane died.

I did a little race at Mallala many years ago, it was a pretty spartan racetrack.

I expect the Hills in time will be gobbled up by development

I'm sure I heard that Labor (a party that historically I never vote for) is promising a new hospital in the hill's.
As someone who's currently in the hospital system I know how desperately its needed. Everything is overwhelmed In the city.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigpete » 18 Mar 2022, 7:08 pm

straightshooter wrote:

It's not that simple.
Who is second last, who is third last and so on is just as important.
To do otherwise is as likely as not is to vote for somebody you don't want.
Don't ever submit a blank ballot as these sometimes mysteriously somehow transform into valid votes during the transition to counting.

They're all dodgy money grubbing c#@ts anyway so what the f#@k does it really matter? :allegedly:
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 18 Mar 2022, 9:05 pm

Here's another interesting fact about the NSC how to vote guide...
Regardless of who's in power, all the non elected public servants maintain their jobs, yet the NSC have asked us to vote in a particular way as to remove the Police Minister...

I'll be voting for the liberal party.
We're currently paying $1,000,000 per day in interest for labour's shambled RAH project... they screwed up in a massive way at every turn when they were in power here last time... screw you Labor
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 20 Mar 2022, 8:32 am

I see labour won
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 20 Mar 2022, 11:34 am

Convincingly.
I cant find his history pro or anti. But seems unbiased and fair.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 20 Mar 2022, 12:20 pm

Oldbloke wrote:I see labour won

Definitely a devastating result.
I'm surprised that so many people have forgotten the f*** ups they left us with frin their previous terms.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigpete » 20 Mar 2022, 5:29 pm

Great. Guess that means the zoomy zoomy car race is back
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by wanneroo » 21 Mar 2022, 1:20 am

Yes both the Adelaide Motorsport Festival and the 500 are back, which is cool.

Sounds like all the politicians in SA are dorks however and the whole system needs cleaned out with new people.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by straightshooter » 21 Mar 2022, 6:15 am

The first of many governments to be victims of the 'covid retribution'.
Just remember it requires only a very small percentage of voter's with newly motivated volatility to make it happen.
But before anybody gets too excited by free flowing political promises, does anybody think that any politician understands let alone adheres to the dictum 'my word is my bond'?
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by cz515 » 21 Mar 2022, 7:56 am

Interesting thread to read now the result is know.

OOW mate you predicted the results perfectly. It's the negative sentiment against the ruling party through covid that's killed it for liberals.

I wonder . No, I hope a similar fate happens to Dan in Victoria. But saying that liberals are a bunch of ....hmm actually, I don't know who the liberals are in Victoria... they are that bad, apart from Matthew Guy is the leader. He replaced the guy I don't remember the name off who replaced mathew after liberals lost the last election :D
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 21 Mar 2022, 7:57 am

wanneroo wrote:Yes both the Adelaide Motorsport Festival and the 500 are back, which is cool.

Sounds like all the politicians in SA are dorks however and the whole system needs cleaned out with new people.

Yay
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 21 Mar 2022, 11:04 am

on_one_wheel wrote:

I'm surprised that so many people have forgotten the f*** ups they left us with frin their previous terms.

I have NFI if what you say is correct. But I certainly have not forgotten little Johny H and what he did.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 21 Mar 2022, 4:46 pm

Bill wrote:Id expect a big swing against Liberal Steven Marshall and Scott Morrison. Yes Federal incompetence will play a part.

I think that’s what went wrong for Marshal.
Scott Morrison.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 22 Mar 2022, 8:07 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:

I hear you. The most expensive hospital in the world.

I was on the town other night in Adelaide on the corner of Hindley and King Williams at 8.30pm and down comes Marshall with two guys looking for the pub. I got to give it to Marshall because Andrews doesn't walk anywhere by himself without his security detail. Marshall seemed like an accidental leader and it didn't help with the Ellis also getting done for travel expense fraud.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Bill » 23 Mar 2022, 8:11 pm

womble wrote:
Bill wrote:Id expect a big swing against Liberal Steven Marshall and Scott Morrison. Yes Federal incompetence will play a part.

I think that’s what went wrong for Marshal.
Scott Morrison.

It was partly Scomo but I think Marshall's land tax changes killed him. I have 2 mate who have never voted Labor in there life but the Land tax changes were going to hit them hard, they voted for there own hip pocket, one of these guys actually despises everything Labor stands for :lol:
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Return to Firearms related media and politics