It's due time for a "snow storm" of a different kind.

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

It's due time for a "snow storm" of a different kind.

Post by Die Judicii » 12 Mar 2022, 2:38 am

The time is ripe for a massive "snow fall/blizzard" of printed literature (in Russian) informing those soldiers of the pay rates "outside" of Russia" and the wonderful food and lifestyles available and ready for all those who wish to partake.

Spread by air,,,,,,,, via planes or missiles.

It's been done before, why not again, and now. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: It's due time for a "snow storm" of a different kind.

Post by No1Mk3 » 12 Mar 2022, 12:19 pm

Welcome to Fantasyland, here you will think you are still in 1950's Soviet like some others do. Meanwhile those of us who have actauaaly travelled to post Communist Russia will remember the fantastic food, friendy people, great lifestyle of the majority (better than a large proportion of Americans). Higher pay rates? You bet, but don't forget to add the far higher living costs and ask yourself why 1000's of East European residents are ignoring the UK offers of work visas and only the desperate Middle Eastern and North Africans are flocking there.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 12 Mar 2022, 10:34 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:Welcome to Fantasyland, here you will think you are still in 1950's Soviet like some others do. Meanwhile those of us who have actauaaly travelled to post Communist Russia will remember the fantastic food, friendy people, great lifestyle of the majority (better than a large proportion of Americans). Higher pay rates? You bet, but don't forget to add the far higher living costs and ask yourself why 1000's of East European residents are ignoring the UK offers of work visas and only the desperate Middle Eastern and North Africans are flocking there.

Well, pardon me for not taking the opportunity to clamber aboard my jet and fly abroad, to enlighten myself with modern day complexities.

However the bottom line quite often demonstrates, that simplistic and basic methods more oft than not, triumph in the face of over engineering.

You may recall the thought and subsequent research regarding the "primitive" lead pencil vs the research and development of the "Fischer Pen" put into being able to simply write a message or record data in the early space programs.

The supposed case of what the Americans did as opposed to the Russians,,,, but the basic idea was nonetheless,,, KEEP IT SIMPLE, STUPID.
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by womble » 13 Mar 2022, 4:05 am

Would have loved to have travelled to Russia. So huge and rich in culture and history.
Really sad to see it destroying its own future at such a rapid pace.
Both sides need to scale back their demands and find some middle ground. Compromise.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by straightshooter » 13 Mar 2022, 6:23 am

Die Judicii wrote:
No1Mk3 wrote:Welcome to Fantasyland, here you will think you are still in 1950's Soviet like some others do. Meanwhile those of us who have actauaaly travelled to post Communist Russia will remember the fantastic food, friendy people, great lifestyle of the majority (better than a large proportion of Americans). Higher pay rates? You bet, but don't forget to add the far higher living costs and ask yourself why 1000's of East European residents are ignoring the UK offers of work visas and only the desperate Middle Eastern and North Africans are flocking there.

Well, pardon me for not taking the opportunity to clamber aboard my jet and fly abroad, to enlighten myself with modern day complexities.

However the bottom line quite often demonstrates, that simplistic and basic methods more oft than not, triumph in the face of over engineering.

You may recall the thought and subsequent research regarding the "primitive" lead pencil vs the research and development of the "Fischer Pen" put into being able to simply write a message or record data in the early space programs.

The supposed case of what the Americans did as opposed to the Russians,,,, but the basic idea was nonetheless,,, KEEP IT SIMPLE, STUPID.

Yes really really simple.
What will happen to an unidentified plane entering airspace over a country at war?
What will an unidentified missile heading for or entering the airspace of a country at war trigger?
Simple indeed.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 13 Mar 2022, 6:50 am

i'd have liked to have travelled to russia and taken in the culture , history and met the average person . your lucky to have travelled there . what i'm hearing about putin's propoganda and information control at the moment, and the crap "the dictator for life" has brought on his country , i'm glad i'm not there. current media reports a mass exodus of russian citizens that can afford to get out
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 13 Mar 2022, 8:49 am

I know someone who spent most of their time working in Russia up until this conflict started. He was working as a consultant on the oil rigs.
He tells a different story, one of a completely run down country where most of the infrastructure is almost completely f***ed, generally the people are poor and without modern convenience.
They are currently in a total information blackout, no real news and no WWW
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by womble » 13 Mar 2022, 10:46 am

People under 50 are trying to get out because they fear consription.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 13 Mar 2022, 11:19 am

straightshooter wrote:What will an unidentified missile heading for or entering the airspace of a country at war trigger?
Simple indeed.

I dunno Mate,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, missiles are already flying are they not ? :problem:

Apparently NOTHING will happen,,,,,,,, there was a report yesterday of an "unidentified" 4.5 meter wingspan drone being flown right through
the entire area, including crossing several borders, for 35 minutes until it crashed.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Return to Firearms related media and politics