Thank you Bob Katter

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Thank you Bob Katter

Post by womble » 01 Apr 2022, 12:15 pm

Please excuse the idiot sky newscorp interviewer. Bob speaks the truth.
A conversation that no other politician in this country has the balls to discuss. A conversation that direly needs to be had.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q5uCGfL03j8

More newscorp https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/maverick-mp-bob-katter-makes-wild-call-for-teens-to-be-armed-with-guns/news-story/1f2c491581123a4a5b038ee5228e3208
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Re: Thank you Bob Katter

Post by womble » 01 Apr 2022, 12:22 pm

I think he’s solid.
We have china moving into the pacific to our north.
And perhaps not by coincidence our west coast ramping up pressure on licenced gun owners.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 01 Apr 2022, 12:28 pm

Bob Nutter.

I think I heard the media saying he wants school kids to have firearms. Ohh that's going to go down well with the GCA ppl.

I know someone who will not get a Christmas card from GCA.

I think we need a bit of reset with the firearms laws and some of the ridiculous laws including appearance
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 01 Apr 2022, 12:34 pm

Got my doubts about every kid having a rifle. But, it was very common, particularly outside the cities.

Agree, kids should all at least get a chance to shoot at schools if they want.

IMO, all 18 year olds need to do a few months of compulsory military training.

Most importantly we need more independents in parliament.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 01 Apr 2022, 12:42 pm

Oh, let's not forget his son inlaw owns NIOA. LOL.
But I don't think that influences his thinking on this issue.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 01 Apr 2022, 3:08 pm

cz515 wrote:Bob Nutter.

I think I heard the media saying he wants school kids to have firearms. Ohh that's going to go down well with the GCA ppl.

I think we need a bit of reset with the firearms laws and some of the ridiculous laws including appearance

I dont care what GCA think. Because they are idiots.
We should not be so naive as to assume we are invulnerable to a foreign aggressor. Because that’s idiotic.

A country like china will full control over the information it’s citizens receives can invade us with the full strength of its military.
As we are seeing exactly that play out now with russia.
In fact theres no reason for them not to. Because they are nice people ? Not reassuring.
We need to start thinking like Israel, because just like there, our neighbours wont think alike. That’s our future. And we are soft.

Oh but the US will stick up for us. That’s weak. We need to be able to stand our own ground on our own feet.
Are Americans not prepared ? Do they not raise and train their youth to handle firearms if ever necessary ?
Why should they help us when we dont help ourselves ?
We are a rare country to have this attitude of se’ll be right. And naive. Most countries are better prepared.
Your sovereignty means nothing when your aggressor claims it is’nt real. As we are seeing.
Last edited by womble on 01 Apr 2022, 3:21 pm, edited 6 times in total.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Wm.Traynor » 01 Apr 2022, 3:11 pm

Bob does not have a Candidate on the Sunshine Coast or I would vote for him.
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by Bugman » 01 Apr 2022, 3:15 pm

I often entertained the thought that "Uncle Bob" had a ten gallon hat on a two pint head, but there some very precise and exact common sense comments that have erupted out of that two pint head. Go you good thing!
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by womble » 01 Apr 2022, 3:23 pm

Very few of or current politicians have ever worked a day in their life. Bob is one of them.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 01 Apr 2022, 3:36 pm

womble wrote:
cz515 wrote:Bob Nutter.

I dont care what GCA think. Because they are idiots.
We should not be so naive as to assume we are invulnerable to a foreign aggressor. Because that’s idiotic.

A country like china will full control over the information it’s citizens receives can invade us with the full strength of its military.
As we are seeing exactly that play out now with russia.
In fact theres no reason for them not to. Because they are nice people ? Not reassuring.
We need to start thinking like Israel, because just like there, our neighbours wont think alike. That’s our future. And we are soft.

Oh but the US will stick up for us. That’s weak. We need to be able to stand our own ground on our own feet.
Are Americans not prepared ? Do they not raise and train their youth to handle firearms if ever necessary ?
Why should they help us when we dont help ourselves ?
We are a rare country to have this attitude of se’ll be right. And naive. Most countries are better prepared.
Your sovereignty means nothing when your aggressor claims it is’nt real. As we are seeing.

https://youtu.be/iWHhhKQZkwM
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 01 Apr 2022, 4:44 pm

He is still on the job.

http://www.sportingshooter.com.au/lates ... overnments

When you think about it. Its almost like both parties are doing their level best to welcome the Chinese troops.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by 6mm Remington » 01 Apr 2022, 5:04 pm

That interviewers attitude towards the concept is disgusting.
I don't know how he was brought up.
Obviously knows nothing about responsibility, discipline and training.
He must come from a dysfunctional society.
6mm Remington
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by womble » 01 Apr 2022, 5:45 pm

Oldbloke wrote:He is still on the job.

http://www.sportingshooter.com.au/lates ... overnments

When you think about it. Its almost like both parties are doing their level best to welcome the Chinese troops.

Wow he really socked it to them :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Robin » 01 Apr 2022, 5:58 pm

Bob Katter the Mad Hatter.

Every kid being armed, haha nooo way.

My son I believe will be responsible, however I have seen some of the kids in his class and I wouldn't give them a Gel blaster, some kids are responsible and there also many who are not, I know under my guide, my son will be a great shot and a responsible gun owner one day, but there are some kids who just can not be trained, just have a drive past Logan Central late at night and its enough to know that if those kids had guns, it would be a interesting story.

I do like the idea of shooting to be a sport in schools, if that was at my school, I would have worked harder, it could also teach them the level of discipline that they need, I'm not too sure on how the selection process would be for this, but I did shooting in Cadets and it was controlled and fun so if they use the same training in schools, then it could be a thing.
Robin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by womble » 01 Apr 2022, 6:12 pm

If you dont give them a reason to be responsible the you reap what you sow.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 01 Apr 2022, 10:19 pm

womble wrote:If you dont give them a reason to be responsible the you reap what you sow.

Womble... the reality is that it's only very limited countries that allow their citizens access to firearms.
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 02 Apr 2022, 1:06 am

Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 02 Apr 2022, 2:35 am

cz515 wrote:
womble wrote:If you dont give them a reason to be responsible the you reap what you sow.

Womble... the reality is that it's only very limited countries that allow their citizens access to firearms.

What an absurd assumption.
Worldwide full list of countries that don’t.

Brunei
Cambodia
Comoros
Eritrea
Fiji
Guinea-Bisseau
Maldives
Marshall Islands
Myanmar (except for Chin people)
Nauru
North Korea
Palau
Seychelles
Solomon Islands
Somalia
Timor-Leste
Vatican City / Holy See

Now why the flip are we trying to make it onto that list ??

Governments that tell their citizens they cannot defend their country and their home are exceptionally rare.
Last edited by womble on 02 Apr 2022, 5:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 02 Apr 2022, 2:58 am

cz515 wrote:

To the contrary, most countries have some sort of home guard, territorial force, national guard.
Some degree of state controlled local defense militias, whether voluntary or periodic conscripted service.
Throughout history in fact. This is not a new lesson to learn. Your military cant be everywhere. You need local resistance that can be called up for emergency service. It’s just common sense.
We dont.
We have a coast guard. It’s a big coast. Then what.

Historically we were prepared. Lots of old buildings particularly Melbourne and Sydney have underground shelters that also housed munition dumps. We had anti aircraft stations. We had citizen military forces and school cadet brigades.
Now we struggle to manage a flood.
We’re not prepared. We dont have a plan. We’re not practiced to organise and co-ordinate jack s**t.
Is it someone else’s job ?
Most people today would not even turn the lights out if chinese bombers started doing flyovers.
We’re so dumb. We present ourselves to our neighbours as defenceless and stupid while we hang s**t on them.

But its all good, because if we do get into a fight, we can just get some American boys to die for us.
Pathetic.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 02 Apr 2022, 6:32 am

"Most people today would not even turn the lights out if chinese bombers started doing flyovers."

Mate, they would all be writing letters to their local MPs or on Faceache complaining that their freedom and constitutional rights were being violated.
:allegedly: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 02 Apr 2022, 6:43 am

I t think you are dreaming about China.

But I feel I shouldn't wake you up as you will be cranky
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 02 Apr 2022, 7:54 am

Robin wrote:Bob Katter the Mad Hatter.

Every kid being armed, haha nooo way.

My son I believe will be responsible, however I have seen some of the kids in his class and I wouldn't give them a Gel blaster, some kids are responsible and there also many who are not, I know under my guide, my son will be a great shot and a responsible gun owner one day, but there are some kids who just can not be trained, just have a drive past Logan Central late at night and its enough to know that if those kids had guns, it would be a interesting story.

I do like the idea of shooting to be a sport in schools, if that was at my school, I would have worked harder, it could also teach them the level of discipline that they need, I'm not too sure on how the selection process would be for this, but I did shooting in Cadets and it was controlled and fun so if they use the same training in schools, then it could be a thing.

i agree . i'm in logan myself ,and i know exactly what your talking about . and there's a lot of halfwits in modern suburbia's like logan , who shouldn't even have a drivers licence let alone have access to firearms . our modern society does not teach people to take responsability for their actions , or that there are consequences for actions taken . i appreciate bob's views and opinions (i've voted for him many times to spite the majors and greens), but our society is not one you could give widespread access of firearms too . seriously, would you let a mob like on the tv show "housos" access to firearms ? i know it's a tv show , but those characters are very close to the truth of segments of our modern society .
i think continuing training with firearms in the school cadet system is very good idea . it allows the system to "weed out" people who are undesirable for firearms training/access .
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by womble » 02 Apr 2022, 8:15 am

cz515 wrote:I t think you are dreaming about China.

But I feel I shouldn't wake you up as you will be cranky

Not my role to assess the threat.
Has already been assessed.
Not a haiku, not quite but close
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 02 Apr 2022, 9:08 am

Oldbloke wrote:"Most people today would not even turn the lights out if chinese bombers started doing flyovers."

Mate, they would all be writing letters to their local MPs or on Faceache complaining that their freedom and constitutional rights were being violated.
:allegedly: :lol: :lol:

don't be silly OB . people are too lazy to write letters , they'll just winge about it on facebook . maybe they'll get a "like" from the PRC army ;)
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 02 Apr 2022, 9:51 am

What would it cost the Gov to issue a

BA rifle chambered in 5.56 NATO with 200 rounds? Buy 2 Million, perhaps $550 each with a 4x scope.

Cleaning kit, $15
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 02 Apr 2022, 10:07 am

Good question, a few things.

As you know it's a government contract. So the firearms will cost $1k plus ammo, so add another $500. Then NOIA will make their commission. Then add in transport cost. They will need to make a govt department to administer the project, centrally that's 30% of the total cost.

That's before the state governments want their cut to administer to ensure that criminals do not end up with any rifles, and ofcourse to ensure that no doubles up are allowed. So whatever the above was double it.

So by my calculation for the 26 million people of Australia it will be cheap to do that then get the tanks, or the mobile artillery and probably heaps cheaper then the nuclear subs.
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 02 Apr 2022, 10:16 am

It's not hard. And your being ridiculous.

Mate 6 years ago I bought a new 223 for $500. Basic but will kill to 300yards, easy.

Gov would get them for less now. Yes some additional admin etc. If they want it would be easy.
Mmm, maybe add storage facility.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 02 Apr 2022, 10:31 am

You do realise you are talking about a Gov't contract right. And I have worked at companies that deal with federal and state money to run programs. And that 30% directive would come from the departments. .... ie you can use 30% of the funds as administrative costs but if you use more then you will have to show us reason why you incurred those extra costs.

So 30% is at the lower end of things as I don't know what the departments costs would be.

If you still think I am being silly, go talk to any company engaged in public contacts. No wonder the rail tunnel of Melbourne were costed at 20 billion in 2018, now a figure of 50 billion is thrown around. But many experts are saying it will be 100+ billion of first two sections.
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 02 Apr 2022, 10:46 am

With a negative attitude like that you should just wave a white flag. Actually do it today, it will be cheaper than waiting.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 02 Apr 2022, 10:47 am

Here you go.

tempFileForShare_20220313-081356_206370061440300.jpg
tempFileForShare_20220313-081356_206370061440300.jpg (120.01 KiB) Viewed 2924 times
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics