STABBING HERO: NT cops raid Ron’s place, seize vinegar

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

STABBING HERO: NT cops raid Ron’s place, seize vinegar

Post by noneyabussiness » 24 Apr 2022, 8:11 am

https://nationalshooting.org.au/stabbin ... hilli-oil/

Um.... seriously.... hope it works out positive for Ron...
noneyabussiness
Private
Private

Queensland

Re: STABBING HERO: NT cops raid Ron’s place, seize vinegar

Post by Oldbloke » 24 Apr 2022, 8:43 am

Fuk me dead. What a bunch of c$%#s
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 24 Apr 2022, 9:53 am

after lindey chamberlain , and some startling facts about the falconio murder , i have little faith in the NT police . there should be a enquiry into the behavour of the police

i'm mighty glad i renewed my membership with the NSC . i hope support for that organisation grows , so the police will not consider such blatant harrasment and bullying tactics against a man who was found innocent by the courts . the police themselves have broken laws :thumbsdown:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Bill » 24 Apr 2022, 10:01 am

This sort of Bullying by Police after being smacked in the courts needs to be investigated, but it wont be.

NT Cops are sore losers.
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by straightshooter » 24 Apr 2022, 10:33 am

On the face of it, it seems like petty vindictiveness.
But the biggest question is how far up the ranks does it go.
A raid as extensive as described is unlikely to simply be organised at the whim of the local level of police management.
Even if organised at the middle levels one would think there would be caution with respect to potential repercussions unless their intel from surveillance or informants is rock solid.
One is left with only a couple of conclusions, either the NT police are out of control and/or grossly incompetent or their actions were instructed and endorsed by the top levels of police and politics.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by womble » 24 Apr 2022, 12:07 pm

No way to treat a national hero.
Not like they dont have much real crime to fight in Alice.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Larry » 24 Apr 2022, 12:43 pm

I hope that they press charges against the cops and seek damages for the damage to the safe it will now need replacement and he should charge them with harassment and seek damages. But as NSC made such an ass of themselves here and were banned they wont see any comments.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by deye243 » 24 Apr 2022, 2:17 pm

womble wrote:No way to treat a national hero.
Not like they dont have much real crime to fight in Alice.

If it involves indigenous population there is no Crime just look at what Zachary Rolf went through .
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by duncan61 » 24 Apr 2022, 3:31 pm

Our system works.The police charge and the courts decide.Sometimes the police can get a bit carried away and this has become personal.Heads will roll if the victim pushes the right buttons.I have had many dealings with police over the years
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by bigrich » 25 Apr 2022, 7:41 am

Larry wrote: But as NSC made such an ass of themselves here and were banned they wont see any comments.

i didn't know that . they really need to get responsable PR if their going to represent firearms owners in public forums/media :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Larry » 25 Apr 2022, 9:47 am

I guess that if they are lurking as a guest they could read whats going on. But that is a lot of reading garbage to just get the tid bits related to them.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by on_one_wheel » 25 Apr 2022, 10:07 am

Bring on the compensation claim for damages, stress and anxiety caused by the continued abuse of power and harassment.
Someone should loose their job for this

I think he also deserves a restraining order granted against the NT police. Perhaps If they wish to deal with him in the future their lawyer can contact him :lol:

What a mob of unprofessional morons
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 25 Apr 2022, 10:12 am

bigrich wrote:
Larry wrote: But as NSC made such an ass of themselves here and were banned they wont see any comments.

i didn't know that . they really need to get responsable PR if their going to represent firearms owners in public forums/media :thumbsup:

They weren't banned, they left because whoever was posting on their behalf wasn't handling the barrage of negativity from a couple of individuals here.
Had they been banned their name at the top of their posts would have changed to "member deleted"
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Larry » 25 Apr 2022, 10:33 am

on_one_wheel wrote:
bigrich wrote:

They weren't banned, they left because whoever was posting on their behalf wasn't handling the barrage of negativity from a couple of individuals here.
Had they been banned their name at the top of their posts would have changed to "member deleted"

The mods must have changed the way they are doing it because I know of others that have been banned but their usernames are still visible but they cant log on. It stops the repeated use of the same email address and username.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by duncan61 » 25 Apr 2022, 10:59 am

I remember NSC first posting and if I recall we were all supposed to be morally outraged at every news link he/she posted.Some of us put forward opposing views as to calm down and lets find the truth and NSC went ballistic and called us names for daring to be rational.In the dealings I have had with police I always introduce the fact that I will be going to court over the matter as I can and often I have had police pleading with me to just pay the fine and it all goes away.Sometimes the only thing that goes away is the charge itself.Feel for the guy being bullied by banjo police but he has options.Having a lawyer is a good move but they police have unlimited resources V a member of the public.Fisheries bought a case against a person diving for crayfish and it went very personal.The divers involved were borderline doing it professionally.Going every morning and catching 8 each by 3 for 24 cray fish a day.Fisheries followed them out one morning and when they boarded 2 divers had surfaced sorted their catch and were done with 8 legal crays each.The 3 diver surfaced and hand his bag over the side and boarded.Fisheries immediately confiscated the catch bag and took it aboard the fisheries vessel where they counted the catch and it was over with undersize crays.He was charged and by all accounts was very hostile.The defence was if you pull a craypot you have time to sort the catch and release under and female setose crays.After years of wrangling the case was heard in court and dismissed as the diver was not given the opportunity to sort his catch.The main fisheries officer was filmed saying to the mans wife and children outside the courthouse [I am going to get the bastard} and he did.It went on and on and cost millions in the end the diver paid a small fine which is accepting guilt and it was finally over.He was filmed by a current affair and had gone from a big arrogant man to being an old guy.I like to fly under the radar and be polite at all times.Ron may be in for similar stuff
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Blackened » 25 Apr 2022, 4:01 pm

Hi all,

For clarity on some of the comments above.

Accounts may be banned, in which case the account becomes inaccessible for future use but the account's Avatar image, signature, name, etc. all remain to show who the poster was.

Occasionally we may delete the account itself. In these cases, typically, the posts will remain in topics to maintain continuity of conversations, but all information associated with the account with be removed.

Any inappropriate comments published by the account would of course be removed, regardless of which of the above actions is taken.

That said, banning an account is done when we feel the user's posts or behavior are not appropriate for this particular forum. It's not done to promote any personal agenda, to condone or condemn a certain individual or organization, and not about making a big show of banning someone or making sport of them after.

A moderator may ban a user for the reasons above, beyond that though, the what, when, or why of it will not be highlighted or discussed with members, as that serves no purpose beyond gossip.

Cheers.
Blackened

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 25 Apr 2022, 7:48 pm

It was a shame the NSC didn't simply post what their up to and leave the squabbling up to us.

Perhaps they were banned? Probably for the best given the damage that one person can easily do to an organisation's reputation.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 17 Jul 2022, 10:47 am

And so, the NT Police continue to victimise Ron Sterry.

Bastards need to be held accountable.

https://nationalshooting.org.au/nt-poli ... ourt-snub/

Let's all help this bloke out and make a small donation. I have.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 18 Jul 2022, 6:24 am

Oldbloke wrote:And so, the NT Police continue to victimise Ron Sterry.

Bastards need to be held accountable.

https://nationalshooting.org.au/nt-poli ... ourt-snub/

Let's all help this bloke out and make a small donation. I have.

Ridiculous nonsense.

They also need to engage the NT government at a higher level, because this is just petty harassment of a citizen.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by JohnV » 18 Jul 2022, 7:50 pm

I always remember the news story about an old woman in the USA who shot at intruders and when the Police turned up and checked out her handgun on the bedside table the nice Policeman said , oh it's empty now I will reload it for you !
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by Oldbloke » 15 Aug 2022, 8:57 pm

NT police really are sore loosers.
This time after what was probably an illegal search of Ron's house they are charging him for being in possession of unsecured air rifle pellets.

https://nationalshooting.org.au/contemp ... r-pellets/
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 16 Aug 2022, 5:38 am

I thought I could recall that air rifle pellets aren't considered ammunition however I've been searching the act and the legislation but haven't found anything specific yet, unfortunately it reads like all the pages were shuffled and the index is extremely difficult to follow. It's all over the place like a mad woman on a bike.

At this rate the NT police are setting up a case for bullying, harassment and abuse of power.

This is where it's important to involve children with sport, that way they'll grow up to accept the umpires decision is final.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 16 Aug 2022, 8:45 am

on_one_wheel wrote:I thought I could recall that air rifle pellets aren't considered ammunition however I've been searching the act and the legislation but haven't found anything specific yet, unfortunately it reads like all the pages were shuffled and the index is extremely difficult to follow. It's all over the place like a mad woman on a bike.

At this rate the NT police are setting up a case for bullying, harassment and abuse of power.

This is where it's important to involve children with sport, that way they'll grow up to accept the umpires decision is final.

Looks that way to me too
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 16 Aug 2022, 7:13 pm

Failing getting him on the pellets, they might have something on him here

https://www.letterboxes.net.au/letterbox-standards