The Project, Channel 10

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

The Project, Channel 10

Post by WesleySnipes » 28 Apr 2014, 7:25 pm

Did anyone just see the complete one sided idiocy of these clowns?

"I don't know why the shooters have so many people in the upper house, but they shouldn't"

Or

"If my sister didn't have that gun, she wouldn't of killed my father"

Loosely paraphrased of course, I'll provide a link as soon as I find one.

Discuss
WesleySnipes
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Re: The Project, Channel 10

Post by Chronos » 28 Apr 2014, 8:58 pm

try to avoid that dribble if i can. bunch of buffoons. at least price outlasted that other goose

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 29 Apr 2014, 7:18 am

The Project team are a bunch of Green voting, one eyed, ill imformed twats that are way too opinionated to be calling themselvs a news crew.

The last " news " story I caught from them regarding firearms had a very unflattering caption snap shot pitcure of a woman from the SSAA that they freez framed from her interview while she was saying the letter s so she looked like she was snarling, no real facts or stats about gun crime were included in the interview....But the SSAA reps did a outstanding job of keeping very cool under a onslaught of outragous claims and sugestions put forwad by those idiots from the project.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Guliver » 29 Apr 2014, 8:18 am

http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/the-project/2014/4/28 About 21 minutes in. Extremely poor journalism. These guys just don't get it. No system is perfect or ever will be, how many of go out to deliberately to kill someone? Certainly not motorists who are responsible for massive carnage on our roads, might be better to ban cars and hand out free guns "silly statement I know" but the overall death toll would be lower.

I just want to be free to shoot bits of paper. Others free to shoot and hunt animals for sport, no human lives involved "except my own pleasure, part of that derived from social interaction" there will always be accidents.

Might have to make a move on hobby that involves power tools, which I don't have a great deal of experience with, bet I'll make a mess of myself with a circular saw quicker than I would a pistol, I understand how to operate a pistol safely. Power tools zero official training since tech. school 45 plus years ago.
Guliver
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Warrigul » 29 Apr 2014, 9:21 am

WesleySnipes wrote:Did anyone just see the complete one sided idiocy of these clowns?

"I don't know why the shooters have so many people in the upper house, but they shouldn't"

Isn't that democracy at work?

Or would they prefer a government that more suited them?

If the country fully supported the green movement Christine would be PM now instead of slowly wrinkling to death in rapidly expanding obscurity.
Warrigul
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by Norton » 29 Apr 2014, 3:11 pm

Chronos wrote:try to avoid that dribble if i can.

Ditto.

I often see thing like this and go to post/comment on them here.

Usually I manage to remind myself in time that it's not worth bothering with them.
CZ 550 American Safari Magnum in .416 Rigby

Other puny calibre rifles... What man would want you now?
Norton
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Tinked » 29 Apr 2014, 3:12 pm

I can't watch these things any more.

The amount of nonsense makes my brain hurt.
Tinked
Private
Private

Australian Capital Territory

Post by Lyam » 29 Apr 2014, 3:18 pm

Tinked wrote:I can't watch these things any more.

Ditto.

I always start and turn them off half way through when then inevitably go downhill.
Ruger 77/22 + Bushnell Banner 3.5-10x36
Tikka T3 Forest 270 Win + Swarovski Z3 3-10x42
Lyam
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 29 Apr 2014, 5:20 pm

Like that old saying. Don't argue with idiots, they will drag you down to thier level and beat you with experience.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Combat_Wombat » 29 Apr 2014, 5:20 pm

The project has the journalistic integrity of ACA and today tonight which is pretty much 0 haha

Anyone who's opinion is worth a damn knows those program's are biased but sadly these people are the minority
Remington 700 CDL .270
Rossi M92 44mag
CZ 452 deluxe .22LR
Howa 1500 .204
Savage FVSR 22
Combat_Wombat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by WesleySnipes » 29 Apr 2014, 5:27 pm

Had to post it, my girlfriend called me up and told me they were making fools of themselves again so I hopped on the couch and had a look. Needless to say I'm not really surprised, I distance myself from rubbish like that but their stupidity always seems to know no bounds!

And Warrigal you're exactly right, every elected shooters leader is just that, elected. By none other than the people. Typical damn commies behaviour, banning everything they don't like or are afraid of :D
WesleySnipes
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Chronos » 29 Apr 2014, 6:13 pm

WesleySnipes wrote:Had to post it, my girlfriend called me up and told me they were making fools of themselves again so I hopped on the couch and had a look. Needless to say I'm not really surprised, I distance myself from rubbish like that but their stupidity always seems to know no bounds!

And Warrigal you're exactly right, every elected shooters leader is just that, elected. By none other than the people. Typical damn commies behaviour, banning everything they don't like or are afraid of :D

yeah that's why they're watermelons. green on the outside but red in the center

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by Noisydad » 30 Apr 2014, 7:07 am

on_one_wheel wrote:The Project team are a bunch of Green voting, one eyed, ill imformed twats that are way too opinionated to be calling themselvs a news crew

Just come out and say what you mean! Cleanse yourself! Don't hold back it'll give you an ulcer! :lol:
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 30 Apr 2014, 8:18 am

I forgot to add, big ugly fat-necked wombat headed, big bellied magpie legged, narrow hipped splaw-footed sons of Irish Bailiffs and english landlords !
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by 1290 » 30 Apr 2014, 1:42 pm

Its is an unfortunate fact of life that most (all?) TV shows broadcasting current affairs or news are leftist internationalists who do by compulsion or from a plain misguided belief system - tow the 'no guns' line, 'guns kill', 'a safe society is one with no sport shooting or hunting', 'why do we need guns' (never mind about the un-lawful firearms 'cause we cant control them!)....

The thing that really pi$$es me off is the reporting of not only local but generally incidents in the US where a single person was either fatally or otherwise shot with a GUN :o , so either wounded or killed and its headline material here... if however there is (a most terrible dont get me wrong) single or multiple fatality on the roads, it doesnt rate the same 'severity'. Do you reckon the single double or even triple road fatality on our roads in Aus is flashed around the globe? Dont think so. The most repulsive fct is that a persons mediaworthy life is worth a great deal more if it was ended with a gun.

There is a definite agenda here, pushed by not only the pollies, but also the NGOs and the media.... to reduce the profile of gun owners, demonise the use of guns and ultimately to remove guns from 'society'. The question we need to ask ourselves is WHY? (I'm fairly certain of the answer). The United Nations has had a total disarmament objective, total is everything including small-arms, since its inception and of course only the UN would retain arms... UN member nations have therefor an obligation to move toward that end....

The revolutionary development of modern weapons within a world divided by serious ideological differences has produced a crisis in human history. In order to overcome the danger of nuclear war now confronting mankind, the United States has introduced at the Sixteenth General Assembly of the United Nations a Program for General and Complete Disarmament in a Peaceful World. (except from publication 7277)

http://www.un-documents.net/a14r1378.htm (one of many U.N. resolutions)
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Chronos » 30 Apr 2014, 2:21 pm

Last edited by Aster on 30 Apr 2014, 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed link problem
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by 1290 » 30 Apr 2014, 2:42 pm

Chronos wrote:Meanwhile in "gun free" England...

What?

I get: "Mariah strips down to her lingerie for sultry magazine shoot"

Is there a gun in there somewhere? (I dont really care for the nymph)
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Chronos » 30 Apr 2014, 3:40 pm

Bad link? I get

"A 15-year-old boy stabbed to death his well-loved teacher in front of a roomful of his horrified peers in an “unprecedented event” in a British classroom, police in Leeds said."

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by Aster » 30 Apr 2014, 4:32 pm

Fixed the link issue there.

Something funny with their mobile URL? I dunno. Sorted anyway.
See you on the firing line.
Aster

-

Post by WesleySnipes » 30 Apr 2014, 5:24 pm

That's messed up.

Waiting for the obligatory "ban all kitchen knives" post.

Countries need to recognise and get serious on mental health. People need to stop blaming the object and leaving the real problem go unnoticed.

There's a reason things like this keep happening over and over again.
WesleySnipes
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Norton » 30 Apr 2014, 5:59 pm

WesleySnipes wrote:People need to stop blaming the object and leaving the real problem go unnoticed.

Yep.

We'd all had to be locked in rubber rooms to get away from anything that could potentially hurt you.

Easier to blame to big scary "weapons" than address any real issues.
CZ 550 American Safari Magnum in .416 Rigby

Other puny calibre rifles... What man would want you now?
Norton
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Chronos » 30 Apr 2014, 6:08 pm

Aster wrote:Fixed the link issue there.

Something funny with their mobile URL? I dunno. Sorted anyway.

Thanks mate :)

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by Noisydad » 01 May 2014, 7:08 am

on_one_wheel wrote:I forgot to add, big ugly fat-necked wombat headed, big bellied magpie legged, narrow hipped splaw-footed sons of Irish Bailiffs and english landlords !

See - don't you feel so much better now? :lol: I wonder how many of us actually contact advertisers on these city centric, popularist programs and threaten to NOT buy their products unless these presenters are reigned in. I'll fess up and say I don't and we clearly ALL should! We are not loud enough and way to inclined to not bother. Maybe the old "Someone else will do it" syndrome.
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Lorgar » 01 May 2014, 10:38 am

I haven't had a TV for about 4 years now.

Still nice to miss out on all this frustrating rubbish :lol:
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Warrigul » 02 May 2014, 5:12 pm

1290 wrote:
The most repulsive fact is that a persons mediaworthy life is worth a great deal more if it was ended with a gun.

I have spent the past few days in the Hobart area, whilst there I took the kids to Port Arthur for the day, walked in and bought tickets with a backpack with a few lunch items clanging around, no security, metal detectors or guards around whatsoever.

HAS ANYTHING BEEN LEARNT FROM THE TRAGEDY THAT OCCURRED when the government dropped the bag and failed to protect 35 innocent citizens in 1996?

Obviously not apart from disarming law abiding citizens and costing the country millions.

There is still no security on site and it is still over an hours drive to the nearest Police station.

The government has the right to disarm me by all means but at least make an effort to protect myself and my family.
Warrigul
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by WesleySnipes » 02 May 2014, 5:46 pm

The government does NOT have the right to disarm you in my eyes. The fact that some people think defending their families lives as well as their own is the government's responsibility is beyond me. It's not. I've been to Port Arthur, it was about 5 years ago, and no security what so ever. And people may disagree with me on this, but I have no doubt that if the government recognised it was the individual's right to protect their life and allowed them to carry concealed pistols under licensing if they chose to, I can guarantee a lot less than 35 people would of died.

And no, people never learn from the massacres, they never will, because the original problem was NEVER even considered in the first place. It's funny how the media always notes that these mass murderers have serious cases of mental illness, almost always untreated, and then say that guns are the problem... to me that isn't logical, they are recognising the real problem then ignoring it.

And considering only around 3.5% of guns bought during the buyback were centrefire semi automatics and most of them were semi auto rimfires they completely failed what they were trying to achieve.
WesleySnipes
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Warrigul » 02 May 2014, 5:58 pm

WesleySnipes wrote:And no, people never learn from the massacres, they never will, because the original problem was NEVER even considered in the first place. It's funny how the media always notes that these mass murderers have serious cases of mental illness, almost always untreated, and then say that guns are the problem... to me that isn't logical, they are recognising the real problem then ignoring it.

Yep,

I have looked and looked and i cannot find one single firearm that has been charged with murder or declared insane............................
Warrigul
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by WesleySnipes » 02 May 2014, 6:08 pm

Warrigul wrote:
Yep,

I have looked and looked and i cannot find one single firearm that has been charged with murder or declared insane............................

Are you seriously insinuating that guns aren't responsible for crimes?!?!?! BUT THEY ARE EVIL AND CAN ONLY BE USED FOR MURDER AND PAIN ;)

Oh and looking at your avatar... I just finished watching Pulp fiction a few hours ago for probably the 100th time :D
WesleySnipes
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by 1290 » 02 May 2014, 6:42 pm

So are you guys suggesting that every place of public congregation, of public interest or where people may be expected to gather be cordoned by a rim of security, checkpoints and roving para-military types...?? Society has failed if we need that... We need to be aware of our surrounds and take responsibility.

Else THEY have won. Eg, the USA, go to the airport and you may end up with a cavity search, xray at minimum....

As far as PAM goes, sorry, but a guy with the IQ of a simpleton did not successfully execute that Port Arthur 'operation' at least, at the bare minimum not ON HIS OWN.... there was more to it than we were told.... I'll leave it there as no doubt discussing PAM, is not PC to most around these parts...

As far as our rights, other nations allow firearms to be held at home for defence, unregistered unlicensed, here though in the promised land we BELIEVE salvation in a time of need is a 000 phone call away and as such; 'we have no need for the tools of self defence' how wrong you are you treasonous deceit peddlers.....
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by WesleySnipes » 02 May 2014, 6:54 pm

No, I was suggesting exactly what you are, for us to take responsibility for ourselves, and I wish we could with concealed firearms. There's no greater fear for a criminal then not knowing who has a concealed carry license on them and getting shot.

I do however think there should be at least a few security blokes there considering the closest police station is so far away considering there is such a high volume of people going there. That is why Bryant did it there, there was no law enforcement around and they were all helpless. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

People who say we have no need for effective tools against criminals are usual idiotic bureaucrats living in well off gated communities. The vast majority of us though aren't that fortunate and need all the help we can get to protect ourselves if need be.

And funny you should say that, I said exactly the same thing to my parents a few months ago. It was impossible of someone with that IQ and lack of training to kill as many people as he did that quickly. The rate at which he killed the amount of people he did, he would of have to of been an EXTREMELY competent and trained marksman. Most people in the special forces probably couldn't deal out that much damage with that much precision. Considering there were so many headshots etc.

And I can't remember their names, but there are a few witnesses who were there in the cafe that survived that still don't believe it was him, claiming they saw someone with a different description.
WesleySnipes
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics