NSC supporters trying to unite all Aussie shooters :-)

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: NSC supporters trying to unite all Aussie shooters :-)

Post by bladeracer » 16 Aug 2022, 9:58 am

Oldbloke wrote:Um, I'm not sure above is the full story. Mods are able to delete posts too.

Delete members posts, then ban member, all gone. But if you search he is no longer here.

I'm an NSC member, I'm still here!

I'm still scratching my head. Don't know what he did wrong if he did get booted out. Praps I missed something.

Chatting with Roger Smith this morning I have every confidence he is indeed our Grimreaper, and almost certainly the same member who has appeared here in the past attempting to cause further dissent among shooters. His Roger Smith FB page is a throw-away so I doubt it is his real name. He just accused me of having an "agenda" by telling him how much damage his childish antics cause to the NSC - look at this Facebook post for an example of his attempts to further divide Australian shooters. He then deleted the entire Facebook post. The only reason I can see for doing that is because I several times explained to him precisely why I believe he is the very person he is claiming was "thrown out" of this forum. Perhaps he learned something, I hope so. I did of course screenshot the entire conversation. As far as I can tell, he had a brain fart, made an account here, jumped on FB to declare that EnoughGun hates NSC, then set out to rile up members here to validate his own false claim on FB - he is the Admin of the FB page.

He did claim that NSC has "an official presence" on OzGunLobby and AHN, and that there are anti-NSC members on AHN posting anti-NSC stuff, and that he knows they are the same members posting anti-NSC stuff here because he has "been given names".

Personally, I haven't seen anti-NSC stuff here, at least not outside of his own attempts to dissuade members here from supporting NSC with his childish antics. Certainly questions get asked, but the correct response to questions is to answer them, not blather about being attacked and storm out. He does more damage to NSC than any member here has done.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Blackened » 16 Aug 2022, 10:40 am

Gamerancher wrote:It seems that politics can be discussed so long as it's kept civil and not degenerate into name calling and bullsh!t, trouble is, some folks can't help themselves.

Nailed it, GR.

If people could accept differences of opinions when it comes to politics (and various other topics), more discussions on this would be welcome. But in years of running the forum it's been repeatedly demonstrated, ad nauseam, that too many simply can't.

Almost inevitably things quickly devolve into personal attacks, and rivalries get carried into other topics spreading the same pointless arguments further and further around the forum.

Removing such posts isn't about politics, agendas, the personal views of mods, or anything remotely along those lines. It's about removing argumentative rubbish, pure and simple.

Quality, relevant, conversations are welcome here. Childish arguments are not. That is the one and only agenda of this forum and its moderator team.
Blackened

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 16 Aug 2022, 11:04 am

G'day Blackened ... wait ... don't go yet...
Screenshot_20220816-102956_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20220816-102956_DuckDuckGo.jpg (149.79 KiB) Viewed 1109 times

Where does the Grim Reaper go when he dies?
And now he'd dead, who's going to come knocking on my door when I go for my eternal sleep in ... you ?
Iv got so many questions and such little time before the gap in the clouds closes and your gone. :thumbsup:
Screenshot_20220816-102258_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20220816-102258_DuckDuckGo.jpg (149.43 KiB) Viewed 1109 times
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 16 Aug 2022, 12:04 pm

That's really funny and creative on one wheel. (don't fall off.) :clap: :clap:

NOTE: Just a joke and not directed at Grim reaper or anyone else.
Last edited by Oldbloke on 16 Aug 2022, 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 16 Aug 2022, 2:36 pm

I have had a very long phone conversation with Peter Zabrdac (NSC) this morning about my last post here, that does clarify a few things.
He did ask me to quote him but I'm not inclined to quote him verbatim from a private conversation, and I have some cow stuff to sort, but some quick points.

He tells me that Grimreaper is absolutely not Roger Smith, that was my own assumption, but it appears to be entirely coincidental. Peter says he personally knows both of these characters and is adamant that they are not the same person. It still seems very odd that GR would sign up to this forum within hours of my posting this thread, post only NSC-related comments, then leave or be removed (I don't know which is correct).

Apparently Grimreaper is simply a fellow shooter that joined our forum, and it seems got severely hammered for doing so. Peter confirms that GR is known to him personally, and is an NSC member, like myself. I went to bed early last night so I don't know what happened after that, but up to that point I hadn't seen anything to warrant banning him.

Peter agrees that Roger Smith's post on Facebook was out of line, and that Peter removed it today himself. When I tried to respond to Roger's final comment, Facebook told me I couldn't respond as the post had been removed by the author. When I have tried to respond to other things that have been removed either by Facebook or by page moderators I don't get a message that the author removed it, so I'm not sure precisely what occurred there. But the FB post was deemed inappropriate and was removed.

Peter saw my posting of the FB post here as an attack on NSC. I think I managed to explain to him that I posted it here for precisely the opposite reason. For me, when I saw the post in my FB feed it was clearly an entirely pointless attack aimed at driving a wedge between NSC and the members of this forum, which goes against everything I would expect of any pro-shooting organisation. I think it was GR that directed Peter to this thread as Peter is not a member here.

Peter says that he did join this forum but found that all attempts at posting were blocked, assumed this was an anti-NSC bias, and never bothered again. He may have had issues with posting, but I really find it hard to believe the drivers of this forum have an agenda against NSC. Regardless, he certainly feels that this forum is anti-NSC. He did confirm that somebody in the past did join this forum, and claimed to represent NSC, but entirely off their own bat. When he learned of this he dealt with that person himself. I personally consider it a loss to this forum that we don't have NSC and all the other shooters groups represented here, but I don't follow forums to see politics anyway. I follow those organisations on Facebook so I can stay up to date on their efforts. But members of forums do discuss what these groups are up to so it would be useful to have official responses to these discussions.

Now, to set the record absolutely straight :-)
I like Peter, and I really like what the NSC hopes to achieve for shooters in this country.
I am a financial member of NSC and I support their efforts to fix the mess we find ourselves in. I am also a financial member of Firearm Owners United, Shooters Union, Shooters, Fishers & Farmers, SSAA, Field and Game, Australian Deer Association, Field Hunters Club, Deerstalkers club and other organisations and clubs. I get nothing tangible out of any of these memberships as I don't attend their ranges, and I don't read their magazines. What I get is intangible, I'm supporting the groups and clubs that just might ensure shooting and hunting still exists in this country in the future, long after I'm gone. I don't particularly care if NSC claims to be responsible for achieving something they had a minor role in, or that they choose not to reveal the extent of their role. But I do understand why some people might want to know more in depth about these cases. We don't always get what we want :-)

As far as I'm considered all wins are still wins.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 16 Aug 2022, 3:40 pm

Well I don't know. Don't recall exactly, but a couple here did have a crack at GR suggesting he was the NSC bloke who had been banned in the past. But GR didn't fire back that I recall. A suggestion was made that NSC was all talk. About then GR (grim reaper) posted an interesting link to the case they won where the old bloke was talking in the shop and had is license cancelled. Interesting reading.

So don't know what he did to get the big A. Perhaps I missed the excitement.

But TBO if people sink the boots into someone and get it wrong expect a "response".

Well, that's how I recall it.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 16 Aug 2022, 4:26 pm

Thanks for sharing that blade.

I'm happy to take all that at face value, even if my suspicions were correct it wouldn't change how I felt about NSC, I prefer to judge an organisation on what their core business performance is like.

As individuals we can't be perfect in every sense however put the right bunch of individuals together and collectively they can be a great team that gets the job done... end of ramble.

So there you have it, just a renegade NSC member or two not NSC themselves :thumbsup:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Blackened » 16 Aug 2022, 4:41 pm

I'm going to lock things up here, guys.

I think Blade's last reply has pretty much-covered everything that needs to be said regarding his intent in sharing the Facebook image.

Any further comment on who past members were or were not officially affiliated with is just speculation now.

My last comment on the matter will be that the forum is in no way 'anti NSC'. Personally, I've had no dealings with them at all, and wouldn't know one of their members or official representatives from a bar of soap. I have nothing bad, good, or otherwise to say about them at all.

Anyone removed from the forum in the past was removed purely on the basis of their behavior not being in line with this forum's standards, nothing more.

If some have misconstrued their removal from this forum as an attack on their views or on any organizations they are affiliated with, that is their mistake.
Blackened

New South Wales

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics