VicPol "loses" 60,000 rounds of ammunition.

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

VicPol "loses" 60,000 rounds of ammunition.

Post by nurofen » 06 Dec 2022, 9:56 am

Gets the old noggin' thinking doesn't it. Where did the cartridges go? Why is there accountability for us, but not for them?

https://www.theage.com.au/national/vict ... 5bzct.html
target rifle shooter
nurofen
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: VicPol "loses" 60,000 rounds of ammunition.

Post by on_one_wheel » 06 Dec 2022, 10:06 am

Rumour has it that putting on a uniform doesn't mean your not an opportunistic thieving grub.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Lazarus » 06 Dec 2022, 10:08 am

That's the way the world works nurofen, one rule for the storm troopers and one for us peasants.

That's why a person with a criminal record for violence and a record of disciplinary charges in the military is considered good recruitment material for NTpol.

That's why they investigate themselves and 99 times out of 100 clear themselves.
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by nurofen » 06 Dec 2022, 10:10 am

on_one_wheel wrote:Rumour has it that putting on a uniform doesn't mean your not an opportunistic thieving grub.

They probably also sample the other confiscated items in lockup.
target rifle shooter
nurofen
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by nurofen » 06 Dec 2022, 10:11 am

Lazarus wrote:That's the way the world works nurofen, one rule for the storm troopers and one for us peasants.

That's why a person with a criminal record for violence and a record of disciplinary charges in the military is considered good recruitment material for NTpol.

That's why they investigate themselves and 99 times out of 100 clear themselves.

A monopoly on violence is great for the cops.
target rifle shooter
nurofen
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 06 Dec 2022, 11:50 am

on_one_wheel wrote:Rumour has it that putting on a uniform doesn't mean your not an opportunistic thieving grub.

It's the 10% rule. 10% of people are pricks.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by JohnV » 06 Dec 2022, 1:58 pm

I bet the Government sent it all to Ukraine .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by Lazarus » 06 Dec 2022, 2:19 pm

JohnV wrote:I bet the Government sent it all to Ukraine .

More likely to turn up in the next Task Force Viper raid John.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 06 Dec 2022, 2:28 pm

How much .22LR ammo are they going through :-)
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Fionn » 06 Dec 2022, 8:14 pm

Did any one notice that the NSC is advocating that all ammo purchases be recorded against your licence and they are advocating that records are kept by firearm owners on the amount they have and use.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 06 Dec 2022, 8:17 pm

Fionn wrote:Did any one notice that the NSC is advocating that all ammo purchases be recorded against your licence and they are advocating that records are kept by firearm owners on the amount they have and use.

Wankers ... what's their justification on that rubbish?
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Fionn » 06 Dec 2022, 8:20 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:
Fionn wrote:Did any one notice that the NSC is advocating that all ammo purchases be recorded against your licence and they are advocating that records are kept by firearm owners on the amount they have and use.

The National Shooting Council claim it would stop ammo getting in the wrong hands and being used against police and the public.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by nurofen » 07 Dec 2022, 12:08 am

Fionn wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:

The National Shooting Council claim it would stop ammo getting in the wrong hands and being used against police and the public.

What's stopping someone from lying about shooting ammo? :unknown: What are they going to do? Serialize every cartridge in existence? Seems like more red tape for us. National Shooting Council = National Fudd Council? :lol:
target rifle shooter
nurofen
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Fionn » 07 Dec 2022, 8:44 am

It's ironic that the NSC claim to have formed to protect shooters from bad laws and regulations, only to advocate introduction of that very same thing.

And people here support and give them money. :roll:
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 07 Dec 2022, 9:58 am

Fionn wrote:It's ironic that the NSC claim to have formed to protect shooters from bad laws and regulations, only to advocate introduction of that very same thing.

And people here support and give them money. :roll:

Actually, last time I made a fairly large purchase it was recorded at the LGS. Don't know the regs though.

I don't agree with it being regulated, but would not concern me either.

However if his more recent purchases had been recorded it may have helped his case. I guess it's a double edged sword.

I like it when firearm owners knock the NSC. They look silly. In all my years, they gave by far been the most active in helping/defending firearm owners. SSAA, is a laughing stock.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 07 Dec 2022, 10:51 am

I don't know about other states, but here in NSW, whenever I buy ammunition, I hand over my licence at point of sale and when I get it back with my purchase receipt, my name, licence number, what I bought and how much is recorded on the receipt, and therefore on the dealers records so they can account to the powers that be for the disposition of the ammunition they purchased.

Therefore the NSC's idea would seem moot.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Fionn » 07 Dec 2022, 12:19 pm

Oldbloke wrote:I don't agree with it being regulated, but would not concern me either.

But do you agree with the NSC advocating that it should be though? that's the point.

I don't know of any other shooting/firearm organisation that is advocating this and as I said its ironic they are trying to introduce bad laws while claiming their main goal is to get rid of them.

All the law will achieve is greater monitoring ability for the government to know how much ammo you buy and potentially stockpile.

Oldbloke wrote:I like it when firearm owners knock the NSC. They look silly. In all my years, they gave by far been the most active in helping/defending firearm owners. SSAA, is a laughing stock.

I agree the NSC look silly but I don't believe they have been that helpful in defending firearm owners in general, they claim they are and take credit for such, but rarely have they be able to substantiate these claims, but certainly do far more damage then they achieve.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 07 Dec 2022, 12:29 pm

Fionn wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:I don't agree with it being regulated, but would not concern me either.

But do you agree with the NSC advocating that it should be though? that's the point.

I don't know of any other shooting/firearm organisation that is advocating this and as I said its ironic they are trying to introduce bad laws while claiming their main goal is to get rid of them.

All the law will achieve is greater monitoring ability for the government to know how much ammo you buy and potentially stockpile.

Oldbloke wrote:I like it when firearm owners knock the NSC. They look silly. In all my years, they gave by far been the most active in helping/defending firearm owners. SSAA, is a laughing stock.

I agree the NSC look silly but I don't believe they have been that helpful in defending firearm owners in general, they claim they are and take credit for such, but rarely have they be able to substantiate these claims, but certainly do far more damage then they achieve.

Pls don't verbal me. NSC has done in 2-3 years what the SSAA and couple of others have done in 30 years.

I was a SSAA member for 26 years. I don't recall them ever publishing in their mags what they did to help shooters.

It was always "behind the scenes". Code for doing SFA
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Fionn » 07 Dec 2022, 1:03 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
Fionn wrote:

Pls don't verbal me. NSC has done in 2-3 years what the SSAA and couple of others have done in 30 years.

I was a SSAA member for 26 years. I don't recall them ever publishing in their mags what they did to help shooters.

It was always "behind the scenes". Code for doing SFA

What exactly has the NSC done, in the last 2-3 years what the SSAA and others have done in 30 years?

You do understand that you are saying the NSC is just doing in the last 2-3 years what the SSAA and others have being doing for 30 years? and implying this is an achievement.

Also just to be clear, you're claiming that the SSAA have done "SFA" for shooters in the the last 26 years? I am not a SSAA member or supporter, but even I know this is a silly thing to claim.

Wow, I can see why your a NSC member.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 07 Dec 2022, 1:08 pm

You must be blind.

SSAA does SFA. Just collects range fees.
SSAA died when Ted Drane died

NSA often goes into bat for shooters.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Fionn » 07 Dec 2022, 6:53 pm

Oldbloke wrote:You must be blind.

SSAA does SFA. Just collects range fees.
SSAA died when Ted Drane died

NSA often goes into bat for shooters.

Yes, avoid answering the questions and continue with your belief perseverance.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 07 Dec 2022, 8:00 pm

No, show me what SSAA has done.

Like I said in 26 years....zero.

Just go to the NSC Web site, they are doing stuff.

Now, go and argue with your work mates at the police station.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by nurofen » 08 Dec 2022, 10:55 am

All the worms coming out of the woodwork with this post fair dinkum.
target rifle shooter
nurofen
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by JohnV » 08 Dec 2022, 3:48 pm

bladeracer wrote:

I was kind of joking but I thought it was center fire stuff . I saw .243 rounds being used in Ukraine in a video .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by JohnV » 08 Dec 2022, 3:57 pm

The SSAA has done very little to roll back draconian laws that affect hunters . Like letters of permission and Professional standards being applied to amateur shooters . I can't think of a single thing that the SSAA has done that made it easier for me , I can't even get a shot at my range now without a bloody appointment because the SSAA will not build any new ranges in my area . We have the highest gun ownership per person in the country but the poorest facilities to shoot .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by bladeracer » 08 Dec 2022, 4:10 pm

JohnV wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

I was kind of joking but I thought it was center fire stuff . I saw .243 rounds being used in Ukraine in a video .

I was joking too :-)
I haven't seen details of what he's claiming the ammunition was, but 60,000rds of even 9mm is going to take up a ton of room, and weigh over 800kg, in .308Win it'd be over 1500kg. I'm guessing a lot of it is likely to be rimfire ammo.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Fionn » 08 Dec 2022, 5:07 pm

Oldbloke wrote:No, show me what SSAA has done.

Like I said in 26 years....zero.

Just go to the NSC Web site, they are doing stuff.

Now, go and argue with your work mates at the police station.

And just go to the various SSAA websites and you will see what they have done, not to mention the ranges they run, the licencing courses, the conservation work, the advocacy and representation on different boards and committees, the submission to inquiry's

But I guess non of this will change your dogmatism on the matter.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 08 Dec 2022, 5:09 pm

JohnV wrote:The SSAA has done very little to roll back draconian laws that affect hunters . Like letters of permission and Professional standards being applied to amateur shooters . I can't think of a single thing that the SSAA has done that made it easier for me , I can't even get a shot at my range now without a bloody appointment because the SSAA will not build any new ranges in my area . We have the highest gun ownership per person in the country but the poorest facilities to shoot .

Yep, that's my point.
All SSAA does is operate Ranges. Sad to say nothing in relation to helping shooters of changing/lobbying for better laws.

NSC has without doubt put in a big effort to support shooters in trouble and lobbied to improve laws.
Are they perfect? Not likely, but who or what is?
Only those who DO THINGS make mistakes.

Those who do NOTHING are quick to criticise. Those who do NOTHING cant be faulted. Because there is NOTHING to go wrong.

I think the NSC, ADA, Shooters Union and SFFP are the ONLY organisations doing anything politically to improve our situation.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Fionn » 08 Dec 2022, 5:16 pm

bladeracer wrote:
JohnV wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

I was joking too :-)
I haven't seen details of what he's claiming the ammunition was, but 60,000rds of even 9mm is going to take up a ton of room, and weigh over 800kg, in .308Win it'd be over 1500kg. I'm guessing a lot of it is likely to be rimfire ammo.

Now bladeracer is someone that is thinking about the claim, this is what about 60,000 rounds of 22lr looks like.

This is the picture of some of the missing items.

*Note he claims most of the missing items are pistol rounds and shotgun rounds, which aren't as small as this

Just think about it for a bit, 60,000 rounds is a large amount in physical size, also if you lost what he claim ($250,000) in ammo, wouldn't you engage lawyers to recover the cost?

A lot to the story doesn't add up.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Fionn » 08 Dec 2022, 5:19 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Yep, that's my point.
All SSAA does is operate Ranges. Sad to say nothing in relation to helping shooters of changing/lobbying for better laws.

Back tracking now are we, before you said they do nothing, sorry don't want to verbalise you, "Zero" to help shooters :oops: : now your admitting they do. :lol:

Also the NSC are advocating for bad laws as I pointed out above, where as I don't believe the SSAA have done.

I guess the NSC are lucky to have people like you to give them money to advocate for these bad laws.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics