Qld police shooting

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Qld police shooting

Post by dpskipper » 23 Dec 2022, 3:52 pm

Lazarus wrote:if you're not up to something dodgy you have little to fear

my my, haven't we heard that one before? :thumbsdown:
Wedgetail WT15
Riverman OAF
Desert Tech SRS
Adler 7 shot
dpskipper
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 23 Dec 2022, 4:20 pm

dpskipper wrote:

Yeah, I know.

But at most levels, it's actually true.
Obviously, not at the level or intent of China, but if my car was stolen, I'd be far happier if their was cctv, but that's security.

Surveillance has a different deliberate intent and should only be used militarily or for law and order purposes, not political.
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by dpskipper » 23 Dec 2022, 6:00 pm

Lazarus wrote:
Surveillance has a different deliberate intent and should only be used militarily or for law and order purposes, not political.

And what happens if that changes? Are you going to write to the government with a sternly worded letter of complaint? By then its too late and you must go straight to gulag, do not pass go, do not collect $200
Wedgetail WT15
Riverman OAF
Desert Tech SRS
Adler 7 shot
dpskipper
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by womble » 23 Dec 2022, 6:59 pm

Pandora’s box was opened a long time ago.
We still have two things in that box. Hope and expectations.
That’s all we’ve ever had really.
And that’s all we can rely on.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by MtnMan » 23 Dec 2022, 7:56 pm

dpskipper wrote:

That logic only applies if it's the govt saying it.

Apparently it doesn't work they other way around.

Take for example the new National anti-corruption commission bill where they only have public hearings in 'exceptional circumstances', which of course is defined by them.
MtnMan
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by MtnMan » 23 Dec 2022, 7:58 pm

MtnMan wrote:
dpskipper wrote:

Take for example the new National anti-corruption commission bill where they only have public hearings in 'exceptional circumstances', which of course is defined by them.

We wouldn't be cynical if they gave us no reason to be.
MtnMan
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Lazarus » 24 Dec 2022, 8:48 am

MtnMan wrote:
dpskipper wrote:

In that particular case, the junkies are in charge of the medicine cabinet.

Labor is only doing it at all to make political points, they don't want it any more than the other lot, this lame effort amounts to little more than virtue signalling.
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by geoff » 24 Dec 2022, 1:01 pm

wanneroo wrote:
geoff wrote:
As harsh as it sounds, it all actually makes perfect sense for those of us that have been paying attention to the rising prevalence of sovereign citizen rhetoric and conspiratorial behaviour.

It starts low key - have a look at any of the numerous threads on this very forum about something like covid masking, for example. Their mannerisms and quotes are much more common than we give them credit for. This stuff is a terrible pox on a polite society.

Well, first thing is your mindset. Do you see yourself as a subject to the government or does the government work for you?

As we have seen from covid, government lied and did a lot of vicious, nasty, totalitarian stuff of which many need to be brought to justice for. We know now from data that what was told to the people in regards to masks, vaccines and lockdowns that it was all false, not to mention the origins of the virus and all the wet market poppycock.

Government has to be held to a standard of truth, honesty, openness and integrity. If government is not held accountable to that standard, their behavior will get worse and worse. If you take covid again as an example, the right thing for government to do was to be open to debate and encourage a free discussion for solutions. By not doing that, pretty much every justification they used for what they did turned out to be wrong and did nothing to stop any spread.

lmao thanks for proving my point

Couldn't have scripted it better
geoff
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 18 Feb 2023, 2:48 pm

Just a follow up. What with all the talk of National firearm register & additional mental illness checks. Just looking at below seems to me the QLD Pol f***ed up. They were incredibly slow to act.

Below is a short version of the key events running up to the murders. (But may not be all of them. If I'm missing anything post it pls.)

March 2021 Nathaniel Train loses his job as school principle at Walgett PS due to being an anti-vaxer.

December 2021 Nathaniel Train seen dumping firearms & ammunition in creek. (2 registered in his name, 3 un-registered) He was also crossing the NSW/QLD border in covid 19 border breach.

Nathaniel Train Firearms license suspended 22/8/22. But he continues to purchase ammunition. (Still has his card)

August 2022 Officer (regarding the dumping of firearms - above) goes to property & leaves card in letter box.

Deputy Commissioner Linford said “police had gone to the property multiple times to locate Train to question him about the border breach and firearms that were dumped at the time.”

12/12/22 Four police attend property following up an outstanding warrant relating to firearms and a border breach by shooter Nathaniel Train, as well as a missing person report, Constable Rachel McCrow, 29, and Constable Matthew Arnold, 26 are murdered along with neighbor Alan Dare who attended to investigate. All three offenders (Nathaniel, Gareth and Stacey Train) were later shot dead in a shoot out with police.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics