NIOA now owns Barrett

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

NIOA now owns Barrett

Post by Avok » 17 Jan 2023, 9:50 am

Avok
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: NIOA now owns Barrett

Post by MtnMan » 17 Jan 2023, 12:46 pm

Awesome, been waiting for a straight pull 50BMG.
MtnMan
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Avok » 18 Jan 2023, 9:47 am

MtnMan wrote:Awesome, been waiting for a straight pull 50BMG.

Can't wait for some goofy lever release 50 cal to be announced out of nowhere :crazy:
Avok
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by deye243 » 18 Jan 2023, 1:15 pm

NIOA is a very well-known international arms dealer all the way up to anti aircraft and air to air missiles I don't think the purchase of Barrett has anything to do with domestic market supply and a lot more to do with supplying defence contracts afterall looks like we'll will be replacing these styer so no doubt there will be a contract for precision rifles as well and I have no doubt that they will still be supplying the American market because it is so large .
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by geoff » 18 Jan 2023, 10:08 pm

Avok wrote:
MtnMan wrote:Awesome, been waiting for a straight pull 50BMG.

Can't wait for some goofy lever release 50 cal to be announced out of nowhere :crazy:

:lol: this actually made me laugh out loud

It'll probably be Turkish as well!
geoff
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by S O K A R » 21 Jan 2023, 7:12 am

Hopefully this means we'll get more of a supply of mrad's into the country then we did previously.
Nothing against the smr, but the ability to change a barrel quickly is something I would prefer.
S O K A R
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by S O K A R » 23 Jan 2023, 11:31 am

So who is ordering one of these bad boys?
326969746_940518730446658_4952506270128624243_n.png
326969746_940518730446658_4952506270128624243_n.png (525.35 KiB) Viewed 1387 times
S O K A R
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by Pennsylvania Yank » 02 Feb 2023, 2:37 pm

The sale of Smith and Wesson to a UK conglomerate decades ago did not go very well for Americans or for Smith and Wesson. They tried to sign onto an agreement with the US government to help participate in gun control efforts. They almost became bankrupt but are back on track today.

If Barrett similarly decides to go woke and for instance refuse to sell to US civilians, they will become just another part of the global military industrial complex. Maybe that's what they will want to be, which is their right as a company, but the Barrett Rifle was invented by a private American citizen in his garage and is currently being sold to private citizens, and it would be a shame if the new Barrett decided to turn away from it's heritage and deny Americans the opportunity to purchase from them..
Pennsylvania Yank
Private
Private

United States of America

Post by Barbarian » 02 Feb 2023, 3:49 pm

Pennsylvania Yank wrote:The sale of Smith and Wesson to a UK conglomerate decades ago did not go very well for Americans or for Smith and Wesson. They tried to sign onto an agreement with the US government to help participate in gun control efforts. They almost became bankrupt but are back on track today.

If Barrett similarly decides to go woke and for instance refuse to sell to US civilians, they will become just another part of the global military industrial complex. Maybe that's what they will want to be, which is their right as a company, but the Barrett Rifle was invented by a private American citizen in his garage and is currently being sold to private citizens, and it would be a shame if the new Barrett decided to turn away from it's heritage and deny Americans the opportunity to purchase from them..

Considering NIOA's buisness is selling guns and lobbying for better access to firearms in Australia (so they can sell more guns) I sincerely doubt they'll stop selling to the American Market just because they were purchased.
Barbarian
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by S O K A R » 02 Feb 2023, 6:02 pm

Pennsylvania Yank wrote:The sale of Smith and Wesson to a UK conglomerate decades ago did not go very well for Americans or for Smith and Wesson. They tried to sign onto an agreement with the US government to help participate in gun control efforts. They almost became bankrupt but are back on track today.

Considering NIOA is a family owned/ran company much like barrett was I don't think you have anything to worry about.
They have already come out and said there will be no change to operations when people raised concerns about limiting sales to the american public, to be honest with nioa at the fore front I wouldn't be surprised if they opened up additional factories to increase production.
S O K A R
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by Marlin44 » 07 Feb 2023, 6:51 pm

Listened to Tom Greshams Gun Talk radio interview with Rob Nioa today. It should go a long way to qwell the rumour mill state side. Plans to expand the current facility are in the wings with a guarantee that nothing will change with production in US. He reiterated Ronny Barretts position on not selling to LE in states that will not let their citizens buy the product. California was mentioned several times.
Basically business as usual - don't fix what isn't broke i guess
Marlin44
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Tomotron » 07 Feb 2023, 11:23 pm

Marlin44 wrote:Listened to Tom Greshams Gun Talk radio interview with Rob Nioa today. It should go a long way to qwell the rumour mill state side. Plans to expand the current facility are in the wings with a guarantee that nothing will change with production in US. He reiterated Ronny Barretts position on not selling to LE in states that will not let their citizens buy the product. California was mentioned several times.
Basically business as usual - don't fix what isn't broke i guess

Robert Nioa's got plenty of enemies with the anti-gunners. Good on him for sticking by Barrett and his principles!
Tomotron
Private
Private

Victoria

Return to Firearms related media and politics