Pence is the one to watch.

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Pence is the one to watch.

Post by wanneroo » 27 Oct 2023, 12:03 am

Larry wrote:Personally I believe he is guilty of Treason. Yes I truly believe he incited the riot on Jan 6. Again IMHO thats so close to a Treason'ous act as well. Sexual assault is another that I would add to the list. The list of victims of that one I bet is quite long.

Nothing wrong with people visiting their representatives at all. If you can't do that then you don't live in a representative republic.

Again what are the charges and criminal code he is guilty of? I'm all ears.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by womble » 27 Oct 2023, 2:55 am

Well there’s the hooker hush money stuff which i don’t think bothers most people. Not uncommon for presidents to have a bit on the side. Besides everyone always knew he was a creep from way back. Used to run teenage beauty pageants with his mate Jeff and liked to check in on the girlies.
But the espionage stuff, that’s a bit more captain obvious. I think more people finally saw through his charade when that came to light.
Huge debts to Russians and Saudis and a room full of hoarded classified homeland security documents and a convenient fax machine. Somehow his son in law is gifted 2 billion dollars from the Saudis.
I mean if this stuff doesn’t make you ask questions nothing will.
There are still a great many who are convinced he’s the second coming of Christ, their saviour who needs their donations. A lot of people. Easily enough to go to an election with.
But they’re also in a very conflicted state. Because trump wants them to cosy up to the Saudis for money. But then you show them a picture of an Arab and they get vey confused. Hard to forget 911, too soon.
And then you’ve got Ukraine that won’t go away. Republicans are emotionally invested because freedom. So how does trump get a backflip for more Russian money. If the Russian money isn’t coming in they can’t campaign effectively.

But then you look at lib dems and you see dying America staring right back at you. And that’s confronting. And they haven’t overcome that with Kamala because she hasn’t come through for them on that front. She’s presented as dominant and interfering. And that’s a big fail.
Yes the economy is booming again but that’s only because of the stimulus post covid. It’s not sustainable.

So I guess we run it back again in 2024 even though the results are a forgone conclusion. I would expect he’ll lose by an even larger margin than last time if that’s possible. I don’t think a president has been defeated by more of the popular vote before Trump. I think he holds the record. But likely he will beat his previous record this time around.
Not because of the charges brought against him. But because of the setback for women’s rights. I mean roughly half the population are female and they’re going to feel the need to vote.
And that’s how this thing works. People don’t vote unless they have a good reason to bother. Old people vote. Middle aged some do. Young people couldn’t be bothered. But women’s rights will bother them. Even if you’re poor in America you’ve still got your freedom and they can never take that from you. But if you’re a young woman they’re trying to with some success.
If you can entice the young to vote it’s game over.

Be another fun one to watch from afar because Biden is deteriorating rapidly. Dose’nt know where he is or what day it is. He’s just a walking advertisement for alzheimers. Sad but true. They’ll probably just have to promise him an ice cream to lure him on stage. Vs orange Jesus with his funny comb over making crass comments and smirking.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Larry » 27 Oct 2023, 6:14 am

I find it very ironic that Trump is actually making me believe less in the Great American Conspiracies. For example I long believe that JFK assassination was plotted and carried out by the US Gov / CIA with gov knowledge. However the longer Trump is alive the less I believe in this and some of the other big Gov cover ups ect. If there was ever a President that the 3 digit agencies would like to get rid of he would be it. He has trash talked all of them with the FBI probably the largest recipient of the drama. Their threat levels from the public have gone through the roof.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by straightshooter » 27 Oct 2023, 6:54 am

I have enormous difficulty comprehending how rational Australians can take a side in American politics and argue their preference to the bitter end rather than at a distance seeing the US for what it really is.
We in Australia may talk about occasional examples of corruption in Australian politics but in the US it exists on a breathtaking structural scale and is obscured by the simple expedient of the widespread media sponsored belief that it is business as usual and that it is how a "great democracy" works.
The saddest part is that corruption is becoming endemic in even the lowest strata of US public life.
Unfortunately Australia has a tendency to meander down that same road.
Corruption cannot cure itself, it is like gangrene in that it can only be cured by amputation or excision.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 27 Oct 2023, 7:03 am

straightshooter wrote:I have enormous difficulty comprehending how rational Australians can take a side in American politics and argue their preference to the bitter end rather than at a distance seeing the US for what it really is.
We in Australia may talk about occasional examples of corruption in Australian politics but in the US it exists on a breathtaking structural scale and is obscured by the simple expedient of the widespread media sponsored belief that it is business as usual and that it is how a "great democracy" works.
The saddest part is that corruption is becoming endemic in even the lowest strata of US public life.
Unfortunately Australia has a tendency to meander down that same road.

Corruption cannot cure itself, it is like gangrene in that it can only be cured by amputation or excision.

Ive dealt a lot with companies. Im sorry to say thats right. Majority of companies in AU seem to think the law of the land doesnt apply to them.

Their attitude is:
"Its smart business to break the law provided it increases profits and you dont get caught."

There isnt a "cop on the beat" any more. And if convicted the penalties are very soft.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by stihl88 » 29 Oct 2023, 7:31 am

Looks like it's over for Pence, he was one of the weakest candidates and would have crumbled at the hands of the Commycrats dirty tactics so good riddance to him America is all the better for it.
stihl88
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 29 Oct 2023, 2:12 pm

Yes, most intelligent people called it already on this thread.

Now womble and Elmer Fudd can get back to their TDS while the dementia patient meets with voice behind the Voice.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by stihl88 » 29 Oct 2023, 3:54 pm

Lol... perhaps this should be shifted to the Jokes Thread.
stihl88
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 29 Oct 2023, 6:20 pm

Makes sense. Some people may be offended. But doesn't change the outcome.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by deye243 » 29 Oct 2023, 8:01 pm

Yep, pence is the one to watch. Just picked up his toys and walked right out the gate I figured as much
deye243
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 30 Oct 2023, 2:33 am

The Pence campaign was never going anywhere. He did fine as a VP and governor but he's never been a charismatic man that can make the leap to President.

In the end it's a resume enhancer for these guys as they work the TV pundit, think tank and after dinner speaker speaking gigs, "2024 Presidential Candidate".

Right now it's all blibber blabber. The real road to the nomination is when the caucuses and primaries kick off in January after Christmas. You will see more campaigns choke and fold within the first few weeks of that. If Trump wins the first few then it's over for the rest.

I like DeSantis but he hasn't really run a great campaign.

I expect 2024 to be a wild time. The bureaucratic branch of government will do everything to stop Trump, along with rogue prosecutors and judges. The biden administration I expect will run interference, start a war up, continue to destabilize the USA with illegal immigrants, etc. And of course they will cheat as much as they can in some of these big cities like Philadelphia.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by stihl88 » 30 Oct 2023, 8:08 am

wanneroo wrote:The Pence campaign was never going anywhere. He did fine as a VP and governor but he's never been a charismatic man that can make the leap to President.

In the end it's a resume enhancer for these guys as they work the TV pundit, think tank and after dinner speaker speaking gigs, "2024 Presidential Candidate".

Right now it's all blibber blabber. The real road to the nomination is when the caucuses and primaries kick off in January after Christmas. You will see more campaigns choke and fold within the first few weeks of that. If Trump wins the first few then it's over for the rest.

I like DeSantis but he hasn't really run a great campaign.

I expect 2024 to be a wild time. The bureaucratic branch of government will do everything to stop Trump, along with rogue prosecutors and judges. The biden administration I expect will run interference, start a war up, continue to destabilize the USA with illegal immigrants, etc. And of course they will cheat as much as they can in some of these big cities like Philadelphia.

You spoke my mind.
stihl88
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics